Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
They say they're aware of the War Within glitches and are working on fixing them. :toot:

Apparently some people have been stuck for over twelve hours. Pretty rough right after a big update like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brainbread posted:

FYI. The Focus Passive do not all transfer between schools, only the ones that say "Way Bound" do. And those are pretty much all Operator based stuff from what I can see.

So pick your primary focus based around what ability modifying stuff you want and stick with that.

Also the passive energy bonus from Zenurik (energy over time) does not work while channeling so I literally can't see a use for Zenurik st all anymore outside the energy dash bubble. But I haven't unlocked it to see if it'll store energy while channeling so.

Did PoE suddenly make channeling useful

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did PoE suddenly make channeling useful

From what I could tell, there's a buncha Arcanes you can craft now that are mostly based around proccing from Channeled Melee so maybe?

Personally I'm liking what I have experienced so far. I decided to craft myself up a Rubico and am going to aim to make it as beastly as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions for either a good Sidearm to go with it or else an automatic fire primary to use while on plains? I like my Soma, but am not sure if its still as good now that the Soma Prime exists. I would need to farm, build, and forma pretty much any suggestions you guys have so go wild.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Crono S. Magnum posted:

From what I could tell, there's a buncha Arcanes you can craft now that are mostly based around proccing from Channeled Melee so maybe?

Personally I'm liking what I have experienced so far. I decided to craft myself up a Rubico and am going to aim to make it as beastly as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions for either a good Sidearm to go with it or else an automatic fire primary to use while on plains? I like my Soma, but am not sure if its still as good now that the Soma Prime exists. I would need to farm, build, and forma pretty much any suggestions you guys have so go wild.

That seems like a fun thing to play with but unless that arcane is "Channelling has 0 costs for the next 30 seconds" I don't think it's going to be super usable.

Soma Prime and Scindo Prime are going to be the next Twitch Prime rewards I think

Akstilleto Prime or a Rivened up Azima and Aksomati are your best bets for an automatic secondary.

I prefer the Vulkar and Vectis to Rubico. I had a ridiculous Riven for Rubico and it still wasn't usable because of the lackluster stats. Vulkar has a really good feel to it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Vectis Prime is fun with the new chambering mechanic. I haven't used most sniper rifles beyond leveling them since they were pretty much junk tier before this update.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I have a billion Zenurik points, is it still good? My friend says it doesn't give infinite energy anymore.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

fadam posted:

I have a billion Zenurik points, is it still good? My friend says it doesn't give infinite energy anymore.

Instead of constant 4/s energy now it's 50% more energy from orbs in the form of a short regen buff, and void dashing leaves behind a zone that, when walked through, applies a regen buff of 5/s energy for 30s. Neither regens work with channeled abilities active (as usual). It's not too much of a nerf unless your build relies on a constant unbroken deluge of energy to sustain.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Vectis Prime is fun with the new chambering mechanic. I haven't used most sniper rifles beyond leveling them since they were pretty much junk tier before this update.

The really frustrating thing is I have the artifacts for getting a Vectis Prime, but my luck with this stuff is just flat out zero. Apparently the same with Twitch Drops. I've been watching streams all day and nothing.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Crono S. Magnum posted:

The really frustrating thing is I have the artifacts for getting a Vectis Prime, but my luck with this stuff is just flat out zero. Apparently the same with Twitch Drops. I've been watching streams all day and nothing.

Apparently the system divvying out drops is having issues, but it should retroactively send loot when it begins functioning again.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Lemon King posted:

Apparently the system divvying out drops is having issues, but it should retroactively send loot when it begins functioning again.

Okay, cool.

In any case, I guess I'm going to be sticking to the lower-tier bounties for now in between trying to farm up the parts for a Vectis Prime and for the Akstilleto Prime. Kinda feel dumb for tossing my potato in the rubico now. Oh well!

While I'm asking questions, is there any real easy way to get focus now? I never paid attention to the system before because I knew it was always gonna get changed and now I really want to get some lenses and start trying to do some cool tag team stuff with my operator.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Okay, cool.

In any case, I guess I'm going to be sticking to the lower-tier bounties for now in between trying to farm up the parts for a Vectis Prime and for the Akstilleto Prime. Kinda feel dumb for tossing my potato in the rubico now. Oh well!

While I'm asking questions, is there any real easy way to get focus now? I never paid attention to the system before because I knew it was always gonna get changed and now I really want to get some lenses and start trying to do some cool tag team stuff with my operator.

There's some method people use with Equinox on a Sedna mission. Just Google Equinox Focus Farm

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Lemon King posted:

Oh? *loads window of eight Twitch streams back up for another night*

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

kxZyle posted:

Oh? *loads window of eight Twitch streams back up for another night*
Same, but at work because I forgot to do it this morning. Is there anything to this other than linking your twitch and Warframe accounts and having streams open?

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 13, 2017

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
No AFAIK.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I got a message about Soma and Scindo Prime but the site where it explains how to collect it is down

Edit: oh you just log into twitch and hit claim

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 13, 2017

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Just got all my items. :stare:

Got 1 orokin cell and nitain extract, 3 glyphs, everything else was mostly starbursts and latron blueprints.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 13, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Lemon King posted:

Just got all my items. :stare:

Got 1 orokin cell and nitain extract, everything else was mostly starbursts and latron blueprints.

Sounds like it's not worth the effort.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Sininu posted:

What we don't know is if a streamer gets an achievement if that offers better loot than the basic one hour of watching reward which is all I have there.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Sininu posted:

It's hardly any effort to put on a stream, turn it to 160p, mute it, and then forget about it. You can get Prime rewards so it's probably worth just letting it run.

EDIT: I got a mask for my Sentinel but I think that's the only thing that isn't garbage I've gotten so far.

Poultron fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 13, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Sininu posted:

It's not all bad.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I actually just got a fully built Wyrm, so it really isn't too bad. It's just most of the rewards are crap.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It only registers one stream right?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Not bad for idling while I work today.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's free poo poo, so yeah 95% of it is gonna be nothing special

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I would need to buy amazon prime in Canada in order to get these twitch drops, because that's the only way to get twitch prime. I'm happy it doesn't sound too good because I'm unwilling to drop 70 bucks Cad to participate in this event. :S

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I would need to buy amazon prime in Canada in order to get these twitch drops, because that's the only way to get twitch prime. I'm happy it doesn't sound too good because I'm unwilling to drop 70 bucks Cad to participate in this event. :S
I *think* it works with the 30 day free trial? And you can cancel before the 30 days are up

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Roman posted:

I *think* it works with the 30 day free trial? And you can cancel before the 30 days are up

Oh it totally does, that's how I got my frost prime 2 or so months ago. Problem is Amazon won't give me another free trial, heh. Thanks though!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Is the new Argonak any good? Especially compared to Stradovar or Soma Prime? I'm only MR8 and not very good at determining what makes a weapon "good" yet.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
What's with basically every new gun being dual trigger dual build guns anyway

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.
PSA: Looks like excavation rewards are broken. Ran Heiracon twice to 2k, and ran Everest to 1400, got nothing. Well, no excavator rewards anyhow. Tons of crappy drop mods/credits/resources, as per usual.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Moatman posted:

What's with basically every new gun being dual trigger dual build guns anyway

I guess it's a way of getting more uniqueness out of them rather than 'this is another generic rifle/shotgun/pistol/melee with different stats to other weapons.' I think this is also why 'modern' Warframes tend to have more multirole powers as well. Compare Chicken-Bone to Frost, for example.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
I think I may have started playing this at a bad time (like last weekend), but this terrible game is kind of my thing, lots of complicated stat nerdery, and the combat/movement is kind of really fun now I've made key bindings that don't require three hands.

Also have lots of shiny gear from two Twitch/Prime rewards, so that helps. And the Amazon free trial thing definitely works, it can just take a little while to arrive.

Anyway, the new open world expansion is buggy and horrible, and can probably wait a bit - I have barely got to grips with what there was before that released, and still have most of the solar system to unlock.

What I don't yet have is a pet dog, mostly because I cannot seem to finish the mission for incubator segment on Venus. What is the deal with that?

I think I figured out survival missions aren't about surviving so much as collecting the life supports (even if you don't need any life), and have completed plenty of normal ones, but even when bee-lining the spawn points before they arrive on this one I still run out of time. And not the usual thing where health starts plummeting, just a straight up mission fail.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Took a bounty, wandered the Plains for a bit, got murdered by a dropship and failed the bounty. 8/10, would plains again.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

xiansi posted:

Anyway, the new open world expansion is buggy and horrible, and can probably wait a bit - I have barely got to grips with what there was before that released, and still have most of the solar system to unlock.

It's actually pretty cool but all of its progression seem to be geared towards systems that you won't be interacting with until you complete more of your codex quests, so yeah go ahead and focus on getting through the star chart I think.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they want it to be open for players early on but to get the most out of it you're definitely going to want to get some good progress in the starchart as well to get things fleshed out. works out pretty well, imo

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

xiansi posted:

I think I may have started playing this at a bad time (like last weekend), but this terrible game is kind of my thing, lots of complicated stat nerdery, and the combat/movement is kind of really fun now I've made key bindings that don't require three hands.

Also have lots of shiny gear from two Twitch/Prime rewards, so that helps. And the Amazon free trial thing definitely works, it can just take a little while to arrive.

What I don't yet have is a pet dog, mostly because I cannot seem to finish the mission for incubator segment on Venus. What is the deal with that?

I think I figured out survival missions aren't about surviving so much as collecting the life supports (even if you don't need any life), and have completed plenty of normal ones, but even when bee-lining the spawn points before they arrive on this one I still run out of time. And not the usual thing where health starts plummeting, just a straight up mission fail.

Don't worry about the dog yet, they really shouldn't give you that quest before you clear most of the star map. Dogs are super expensive to make and even more expensive to upkeep. Cats even more so.
Movement is cool but you probably aren't doing it right yet (not a dig, the game really doesn't explain anything). I'd say watch a few videos and learn the wiki page on movement if you haven't yet. Also the wiki is super useful in general if you haven't found it yet. Probably the most important things to know are how to bullet jump, how to control your motion in the air (i.e. aim gliding and midair rolls), when to use airborne movement vs sliding and rolling, and the general layouts of the different map tiles.
Survival missions are another thing that the game doesn't really explain how to do. The canisters give you 30% on the life support bar, so don't pop them until you're below 70% or you're wasting them. The personal life support modules that enemies and containers drop give you 5%. You need at least some of the personal modules to complete the mission, IIRC. What's happening where the mission instafails is that you ran out of support before 5 minutes, which was changed sometime in the past few months from behaving like usual (losing health until you die and fail) to the crappy autofail. I'd recommend being on public for basically every mission except maybe spy (even then it's probably worth it until you learn the vaults), that way there will usually be 4 players which causes more enemies to spawn to raise the chance of important drops like excavation power cells or personal life support.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

they want it to be open for players early on but to get the most out of it you're definitely going to want to get some good progress in the starchart as well to get things fleshed out. works out pretty well, imo

Presumably they have a longterm plan to add more similar areas to other planets

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Presumably they have a longterm plan to add more similar areas to other planets

they've directly said they're planning an area for venus already, iirc

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Moatman posted:

Don't worry about the dog yet, they really shouldn't give you that quest before you clear most of the star map. Dogs are super expensive to make and even more expensive to upkeep. Cats even more so.
Movement is cool but you probably aren't doing it right yet (not a dig, the game really doesn't explain anything). I'd say watch a few videos and learn the wiki page on movement if you haven't yet. Also the wiki is super useful in general if you haven't found it yet. Probably the most important things to know are how to bullet jump, how to control your motion in the air (i.e. aim gliding and midair rolls), when to use airborne movement vs sliding and rolling, and the general layouts of the different map tiles.
Survival missions are another thing that the game doesn't really explain how to do. The canisters give you 30% on the life support bar, so don't pop them until you're below 70% or you're wasting them. The personal life support modules that enemies and containers drop give you 5%. You need at least some of the personal modules to complete the mission, IIRC. What's happening where the mission instafails is that you ran out of support before 5 minutes, which was changed sometime in the past few months from behaving like usual (losing health until you die and fail) to the crappy autofail. I'd recommend being on public for basically every mission except maybe spy (even then it's probably worth it until you learn the vaults), that way there will usually be 4 players which causes more enemies to spawn to raise the chance of important drops like excavation power cells or personal life support.

Thanks, that's very helpful re. the life support stuff, and I'll hold off on the doggy.

Though I think one of the few things the game does explain well is the movement/parkour stuff. You have the tutorials, codex, captura mode to muck about in, etc. And yeah, I read wikis, and the OP on SA when jumping into a new complicated game, I'm old school like that.

Have been bullet-jumping (originally read that as ballet-jumping!) & air gliding since I started. Not being able to make a roll/slide with double-tap on WASD is annoying, as is not being able to bind SHIFT+something, but I am getting used to doing that with mouse thumb button, bouncing of the walls and generally killing things like a hyperactive idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

they've directly said they're planning an area for venus already, iirc

Rad