Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Made biscuits and sausage gravy because of this thread. Tasty, but kinda heavy. Not a breakfast for a morning you have to be alert for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to have leftover pizza for breakfast.

I'd prefer my Alaskan Salmon eggs benny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what are peoples thoughts about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVgmI-YF16g

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jose posted:

:regd08:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Jose posted:

I'd rather pay my mortgage this month, but it looks delicious.

I made a plain egg omelette today French style and my 3 year old ate it. WITHOUT KETCHUP It's that good.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I bought fresh Polish sausage and left it in the fridge for a week and it went bad and now I have no breakfast meat

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vegetable posted:

I bought fresh Polish sausage and left it in the fridge for a week and it went bad and now I have no breakfast meat

You can eat anything if you cook it long enough.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Jose posted:

it looks loving absurd but I'd eat it for sure

Babish is the fuckin' real deal, probably my favorite youtube follow

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

You can eat anything if you cook it long enough.
it smelled real bad

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Then throw rose petals on it and cook it longer. You're wasting sausages! :mad:

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i wish i had a good breakfast i usually just drink coffee

i want it to either be prepared for me or go eat it somewhere preferably not alone, i love mcdonald's hotcakes and pancakes in general, waffles are alright and i like many different types of cereal

the list goes on as to what would make a good breakfast, there's some foreign stuff that's good

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Hasn't been a very inspiring couple of weeks for breakfasts. Potato cheese and egg taco with green salsa for me every morning during the week because it's cheap and on the way, and it's good and all but, y'know, it's every morning.

And I was really busy today so I just had a breakfast/lunch of a frozen dinner that promised RICH CURRY SAUCE and gave me bland watery gravy. The company that made it is in Minnesota so I now hate Minnesotans.

I think the reason I love breakfast so much is because the time to make the really good ones is so elusive.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I made a crock of chili today because it's cold and I'm gonna make chili cheese omelettes in the am. Pray for my anus.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
All these breakfasts sound so intense for a workday. Evey M-F is a shaker cup with almond milk, protein powder, pb powder, Greek yog, maca powder and chia seeds and has been for about seven years.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Borrowed Ladder posted:

All these breakfasts sound so intense for a workday. Evey M-F is a shaker cup with almond milk, protein powder, pb powder, Greek yog, maca powder and chia seeds and has been for about seven years.

I don't know what half of those things are and they all sound expensive. My taco is $1.69.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone remember the article where the lady featured in a 'perfect breakfast game' vanity article for some Condé Nast magazine talks about going to her 4 year olds favorite Japanese fusion restaurant every week and ordering him micro lettuce and bone broth

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
A person who is technically family through some convoluted means I've long forgotten even the vaguest details of randomly showed up yesterday and gave me some peaches her mom had canned, so that was nice. Had some with cottage cheese this morning and they were tasty. Today's breakfast report: concluded.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Does anyone remember the article where the lady featured in a 'perfect breakfast game' vanity article for some Condé Nast magazine talks about going to her 4 year olds favorite Japanese fusion restaurant every week and ordering him micro lettuce and bone broth

How is this not child abuse?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I usually just eat some fruit. Bananas, oranges, that kind of thing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I had some coffee and a muffin hours ago but I'm feeling pretty hungry and might have to go for second breakfast

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Artisinal soylent

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Please don't eat powdered lead. I know it's tasty, but it really isn't very good for you.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Alright I did it:

Eggs scrambled w/ leftover roasted mushrooms, on a bed of spinach sauteed w/ a little red onion and garlic, in a toasted sub roll generously spread w/ shecrab soup (in keeping w/my latest she crab soup as a condiment kick)

It was insanely good. No regrets, will eat again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ You seem like a good cook and make some really god drat good food. Move in with me and cook for me. Leave your family if you have one.

Actually don't move in. Just deliver the food and leave.

WatermelonGun posted:

I made a crock of chili today because it's cold and I'm gonna make chili cheese omelettes in the am. Pray for my anus.

:discourse:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I didn't get to eat breakfast today because I'm getting a medical procedure tomorrow that requires a day of fasting. You better believe I'm gonna smash some b-fast after that poo poo though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

About to eat this

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nice. I'd never eat that in general because it's way too sweet for me though.

I had a pressed bagel with smoked salmon, cucumbers, avocado, and eggs.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

It's not the most important meal of the day imo

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Woke up at 3am on a Saturday morning for no good reason
Can't get back to sleep
No morning paper delivered
Looks like fresh-perked coffee and stomach acid for breakfast!
:coffeepal:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I woke up at 5:40am to a UPS screeching because the power was out. I'm now boiling water for coffee to the sweet hum of dozens of gas generators, contemplating whether I could pull off biscuits in a gas grill

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Same place as yesterday. I'm having a pressed "Cali Baja" bagel with maple bacon, avacado, egg, swiss, and a sriracha aioli.

:yum:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

I woke up at 5:40am to a UPS screeching because the power was out. I'm now boiling water for coffee to the sweet hum of dozens of gas generators, contemplating whether I could pull off biscuits in a gas grill

That's what a dutch oven is for.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I loving love breakfast.

Eggs Benedict on an english muffin with home fries. :discourse:

That sounds tasty as gently caress. Breakfast owns.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Sausage gravy and biscuits again for me which is becoming my Saturday thing. Breakfast is the greatest meal of the day when the rest of the day is tomatoes and cucumbers.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm now cooking grits in the rain so I have something to eat with my eggs

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i'm eating breakfast right now

cheese grits
two scrambled eggs w/ salt, onion powder, parsley, and pepper
two jones maple pork sausage links
two jones turkey sausage links
one mug of irish breakfast tea w/ milk & sugar

good stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zoe posted:

Sausage gravy and biscuits again for me which is becoming my Saturday thing. Breakfast is the greatest meal of the day when the rest of the day is tomatoes and cucumbers.

serve up sliced tomatoes as a side item and cover them in sea salt and a layer of fresh cracked black pepper. i mean just saturate them in pepper. its so good. cut them thick and eat your tomato slices like a slice of vegetable toast

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

poo poo is real

E: it's all over

Power is still out but it's noon so i can start day drinking while I plan lunch

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 14, 2017

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Cheese grits with two baegels on the side :kimchi:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Grits have been underrated as a breakfast food but millennials are finally catching on!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I usually skip breakfast and eat nothing except drink water and coffee til lunch time op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

serious norman posted:

I usually skip breakfast and eat nothing except drink water and coffee til lunch time op.

same. but then for lunch i eat bacon and eggs :D

• Locked thread