Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

punished how? nobody's going to break out a paddle if you say the wrong thing

Being verbally assaulted, being seen and treated as lesser, not a man, a child. Just look at food court bailiffs replies to me. I sicken him and people like him. Even though it was in relation to not asking women out rather than doing it in a wrong way it still is, at its core, enforcement of male social norms.

I also fear being ostracized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

punished how? nobody's going to break out a paddle if you say the wrong thing

the safe word is banana

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

Being verbally assaulted, being seen and treated as lesser, not a man, a child. Just look at food court bailiffs replies to me. I sicken him and people like him. Even though it was in relation to not asking women out rather than doing it in a wrong way it still is, at its core, enforcement of male social norms.

hm

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Being ostracized is actually kind of nice though, like do it on your own terms and then you get to be "wild" and then people's expectations fail to map to you and you become sort of invincible. It's weird but it does work.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

Being ostracized is actually kind of nice though, like do it on your own terms and then you get to be "wild" and then people's expectations fail to map to you and you become sort of invincible. It's weird but it does work.

yeah but i mean theres a reason youre being ostracized in the first place

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

:love: Panthera onca :love:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Benny Harvey posted:

If you're old and haven't had sex or really dated don't talk to people about it because you're too different from them for them to understand. Fundamentally different biological urges. Best to just not talk to anyone and ignore your sexuality entirely. It's not your arena.

A good strat when asked about your sex life is to run into traffic

This sounds like a joke but is actually the kind of thought pattern I actively try to train myself out of every day please kill me

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Benny Harvey posted:

holy poo poo :lol:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Trump's balls look like that jaguar's balls.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm not a creep or nothing but those are the most beautiful, vibrant cat balls I've ever seen.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Evolutionary fitness is having eye-blasting balls

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
the desperation bleeds throug hthe irony too often in these threads nowadays

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Love is the best feeling in the world! I love feeling love! The great thing about love, is it is the great motivator, and it makes anything possible. We become who we are truly meant to be through our love, and his love that inspires us to be courageous. It is easy to do the simple thing, to never challenge yourself, to be content with yourself. Is something entirely new to open yourself up to being vulnerable, in realizing that you have room to be better, to realize that there is more to you that is only for someone else to discover. It is worthwhile to fall in love, and to be in love. It hurts, and it makes you scared. It can feel difficult to communicate. But the reality is, you are better for loving.

Love always, and love deeply. Love in a way that makes you stupid. Love in a way that makes you do things that are outrageous and scandalous to others. Your feelings are important, and feeling them is truly incredible. Emotion is the real ride, everything else is just dressing. Choosing to feel, and feel strongly, even if it hurts, the pain is absolutely sublime compared to the feeling of feeling nothing.

I'm pretty much alive to make as money as possible. Not for me.

it's fine. because of choice right?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Pick is an evil genius. By making these threads she's reminding goons that they're sad and lonely. Genius.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Pick is an evil genius. By making these threads she's reminding goons that they're sad and lonely. Genius.

I should be mad, but i'm not, i can improve my situation at any time, i choose not too.

its a hell of a way to live. i dont reccomend it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Gaunab posted:

tabbing back and forth between pick threads and a facebook messenger convo with my ex is my new friday/saturday night routine

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
no ones told me they loved me since 2001

i plan on keepeing it that way

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Lime Tonics posted:

I love you

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

you want my bank account number and a place to live.

thats fine,

just dont rip my heart out

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
also, you can have the aloe plants

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

george w. bush was just saying that to make americans feel better in the wake of a terrorist attack

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
i have like 6 aloe plants and they keep splitting so i have a room of my house full of aloe plants

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
self love is hyprocrisy, disappointment, if you expect the worst you wont be

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Lime Tonics posted:

i have like 6 aloe plants and they keep splitting so i have a room of my house full of aloe plants

Fantastic. I can't wait to strip down and cover my body in aloe vera.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

We Know Catheters posted:

Fantastic. I can't wait to strip down and cover my body in aloe vera.

its not a joke, when the alow thingies fall off i put um in a pot and a giant aloe grows

its taking over the "guest " room

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
i cant kill a plant

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Benny Harvey posted:

i don't think you "sicken" food court bailiff, he seemed to just be giving you poo poo the way people do on these forums. and no woman verbally assaults men who ask her out in a normal non-creepy way (and you're probably thinking "but what if i accidentally am creepy?" no, you'd only deserve a verbal assault if you pulled your dick out or directly propositioned her for sex or something). and i think your fear of being treated as "lesser" is part and parcel of generic fear of rejection, i.e., that if you express romantic interest in someone and they don't reciprocate, you'll feel like less of a man and more like an awkward child. well i got news for you, everyone's been there, i've asked girls out in very unsmooth ways and they've turned me down, and i've felt temporarily embarrassed and lovely afterwards. but that's life, and any dude who claims not to have experienced that is 100% full of poo poo

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
love is holding you dying friend who is the last stage of cancer, and not abondoning them.

love is sponging of the smell. and doing it agian. while the mom is in a chair crying.

love is when you get the day off for a funeral

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
plus i think even if you loved youre cheapenignyourself

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
n+1 to protect

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

tabbing back and forth between pick threads and a facebook messenger convo with my ex is my new friday/saturday night routine

i'd call myself chaotic neutral but i believe dibs went to landerig :(

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I wouldn't know the only things I've ever loved we're doing dope and my cat. I don't love the girl I'm dating even if I do enjoy her company. I've thought about this a lot I think I'm just scared of being that invested in someone. I can love my cat because I can trust the nature of it's affection. As long as I feed it, the cat will love me. I find that comforting. Yet it will never be enough, will it?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Barris posted:

I wouldn't know the only things I've ever loved we're doing dope and my cat. I don't love the girl I'm dating even if I do enjoy her company. I've thought about this a lot I think I'm just scared of being that invested in someone. I can love my cat because I can trust the nature of it's affection. As long as I feed it, the cat will love me. I find that comforting. Yet it will never be enough, will it?

uh i dunno im allergic to cats

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pick posted:

Love is the best feeling in the world! I love feeling love! The great thing about love, is it is the great motivator, and it makes anything possible. We become who we are truly meant to be through our love, and his love that inspires us to be courageous. It is easy to do the simple thing, to never challenge yourself, to be content with yourself. Is something entirely new to open yourself up to being vulnerable, in realizing that you have room to be better, to realize that there is more to you that is only for someone else to discover. It is worthwhile to fall in love, and to be in love. It hurts, and it makes you scared. It can feel difficult to communicate. But the reality is, you are better for loving.

Love always, and love deeply. Love in a way that makes you stupid. Love in a way that makes you do things that are outrageous and scandalous to others. Your feelings are important, and feeling them is truly incredible. Emotion is the real ride, everything else is just dressing. Choosing to feel, and feel strongly, even if it hurts, the pain is absolutely sublime compared to the feeling of feeling nothing.

what in the hell are you talking about Pick?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gnarlyhotep posted:

what in the hell are you talking about Pick?

well well well.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*looking at three wells* what do you have for us tonight gnarlyhltgn

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
a story, since youre old and poo poo something interesting should have happened to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ladies and gentelmen: gnarleyhotep, and his opinion of love.

• Locked thread