Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
It is, you’re reading their sentence wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Guys the switch is really good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought Darkest Dungeon was confirmed to be getting a Switch port at some point?

It is, I'm just saying before it was even announced I said several times that I would totally rebuy it on the Switch and give up my files on the PC. I'd do the same thing with Cuphead and Ori

I plan on getting Shovel Knight again at some point. Just give me all the platformers on the Switch. I'm hearing a ton of good things about A Hat in Time but I almost kind of want to just wait for an eventual Switch release?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I don't think there's any official Nintendo support in Thailand unfortunately. The controllers work fine in handheld mode. I might just pick up a pro controller and forget about it.

Try these guys too

http://maxsoftonline.com

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Guys the switch is really good

Are you posting from october 27th?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

On that date it will be TOO good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

Nobody will be posting on october 27, they will be too busy killing nazis and collecting moons.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ragequit posted:

On that date it will be TOO good.

Killin nazis and wearin hatsies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think Bowser is a Nazi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't think Bowser is a Nazi

What about the time he yelled the nword?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

What about the time he yelled the nword?

Who hasn't blurted out a racial slur in times of frustration? It's different for him because his culture is different

Actual defenses used for pewdiepie after he dropped the nword in a livestream

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My Switch arrived and I started Zelda over (previously played on Wii).

Switch is good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I recall there being some problems with scratching and bending when the dock was pinched like this. What was the recommended solution?

Electrical tape that poo poo, so even if you're careful, your friend doesn't cram it in with the force of Thor and scratch the screen bezels with the front of the plastic rails

Just tape it along the rails screen-side. Some people in this thread have had the problem? I don't know why people are denying it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is there any news on the Stardew update? I've had 2 crashes today after particularly productive winter days

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh my God the stupid game came out already please stop talking about it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Apologies for posting a single time about the Switch specific update for Stardew Valley in the Switch thread my man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Star patch when?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I recall there being some problems with scratching and bending when the dock was pinched like this. What was the recommended solution?

My dock is like that. I just put a glass screen protector on and stopped worrying. I'll buy one of those fancy 3rd party docks coming out soon since there's no loving way I'm getting a replacement from Nintendo for $80 or sending them my entire Switch to RMA it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Star patch when?

Mods, ban this sick filth.

I had a weird occasion where my Switch wouldn't recognize my left joycon, even when it was directly connected to the tablet in handheld mode. Powering off the tablet and on again didn't fix it, and the joycon didn't do the thing where the lights flash and it tries to connect when you press a button. Unclicking it and holding the sync button reconnected it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spellman posted:

Electrical tape that poo poo, so even if you're careful, your friend doesn't cram it in with the force of Thor and scratch the screen bezels with the front of the plastic rails

Just tape it along the rails screen-side. Some people in this thread have had the problem? I don't know why people are denying it

It seems like electric tape would just make the gap smaller and add more friction to what's going on in there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the Switch expected to get ports of the good WiiU games eventually, like Bayonetta 2 etc?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the Switch expected to get ports of the good WiiU games eventually, like Bayonetta 2 etc?

They hinted that either bayonetta or a new ip was coming

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Outside of Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart, there aren't really any big name ports from WiiU to Switch. So, no, not really.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Outside of Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart, there aren't really any big name ports from WiiU to Switch. So, no, not really.

Pokken

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Mario Maker???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Platinum did a bunch of tweets suggesting that they're coming to Switch in SOME capacity.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm confused...are you denying future ports based on current ones?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm confused...are you denying future ports based on current ones?

More like, we've only gotten a few ports of late WiiU games, there's no precedent that they'll release anything from before last year.

Maybe if they start porting older games, like Smash or Tropical Freeze, then I'd say yes, but so far all signs point to no.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

All signs within the gaming industry point to yes. companies love ports.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

It seems like electric tape would just make the gap smaller and add more friction to what's going on in there.

The problem isn't that it's too tight, but that the plastic rail/entire dock has an abrasive texture on it. Which wouldn't be a problem if the screen was glass, but it's also plastic so it can sometimes scratch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

Mario Maker???

I think that will be improved enough that it’ll be a straight up sequel.

I’ll be shocked if we don’t have Smash 4 Switch by next year. I want Bayonetta, Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Captain Toad, NES Remix, Hyrule Warriors and the two HD Zelda ports. I’d easily buy them all again.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 15, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

More like, we've only gotten a few ports of late WiiU games, there's no precedent that they'll release anything from before last year.

Maybe if they start porting older games, like Smash or Tropical Freeze, then I'd say yes, but so far all signs point to no.

Smash won't be a port, it'll be a new installment.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

SatansBestBuddy posted:

uhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH zombi u?????????????

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i read the statement wrong but i still stand by zombi u

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZombiSwitch where it forces you to undock just to check your bag would own.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Wendell posted:

All signs within the gaming industry point to yes. companies love ports.

this sounds like a very desperate post

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

ZombiSwitch where it forces you to undock just to check your bag would own.

this

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The last game was so good. It’s too bad it’s coming out the same day as Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Richard B Spencer spotted in the new wolfenstein

• Locked thread