Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's almost like the Zuckerberg in South Park is entirely fictional and with a poorly impersonated voice?

That was his voice. They used audio samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Whether it made any sense or not I can't stop chuckling at badly dubbed Zuckerberg.

I'm still giggling thinking about it. I think that was one of my favorite celebrity depictions on the show.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought Zuckerberg was pretty funny too and I hope he’s in the game. My favorite South Park celebrity gags are when they have a random inflection that isn’t really something the person does in real life.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My favorite has always been David Blaine inexplicably saying "..twah" at the end of each sentence.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm super seriaaaal...

South Park has a long history of not giving a gently caress about "accurate" celebrity parodies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I doubt anything will ever top Mel Gibson.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Rhyno posted:

I doubt anything will ever top Mel Gibson.

OI!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
At least their Steve Irwin was 100% accurate, RIP.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The most realistic, Sally Struthers.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Wewll, I just membered that brief fixation they had with Phil Collins in season 4. But they just kept holding him back and holding him back

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NonzeroCircle posted:

Wewll, I just membered that brief fixation they had with Phil Collins in season 4. But they just kept holding him back and holding him back

That was because he talked a ton of poo poo about Matt & Trey.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rhyno posted:

That was because he talked a ton of poo poo about Matt & Trey.

And because he beat them at the Oscars for best song over Blame Canada.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This is still my favorite one off episode ever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

No, we're talking about poo poo the celebrity didn't actually do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Taco-Flavored Kisses or whatever it’s called is great, but that was the heyday where it felt like every episode for like 3 seasons was just making fun of celebrities, but the idea that Ben Affleck would have sex with a 10 year olds hand just flew totally under the radar and I don’t remember anyone giving a poo poo about how they were portrayed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
This week...

South Park Studios posted:

THE OPIOID EPIDEMIC STRIKES SOUTH PARK
IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE PREMIERING ON
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------

NEW YORK, October 16, 2017 – Beloved entertainers are being cut down in their prime due to massive overdoses of opiates in an all-new episode titled “HUMMELS & HEROIN” on Wednesday, October 18 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Drugs are flowing into South Park. A passionate young health advocate has traced the source of these illegal meds and is about to expose Stan Marsh.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

EDIT: Preview clip

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 16, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh no, not Chuck E Cheese :(

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I caught the Zuckerberg episode late due to a very eventful week, but I thought it was a great silly episode. I didn't link the whole kung-fu dubbing thing to the Puerto Rico video (which makes total sense in retrospect); I just thought it had something to do with him being the physical, robot-like manifestation of a creepy FB algorithm, and the adults being completely clueless that they weren't talking to a real, credible person. Regardless, it was simply funny in a stupid sort of way.

The cynical part of me wonders if Hulu encouraged them to bash Netflix, but whatever. It's still true.

Speaking of adults not being able to tell what's real on Facebook, this was my favorite quote of the episode:

Butters' Dad posted:

Look, we all know there's a lot of mixing of truth and fiction that's been on Facebook lately. And children lack the cognitive ability to determine what's true and what isn't on Facebook. That's why we now have young kids dressing up in costumes, eating poop, and having sex with antelopes in our town.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 16, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Aggregate score for the game is 80. So that's okay, I guess.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Unless they're going a different direction, the only time I can remember Hummels being referenced in South Park was when Satan and Chris moved in together during Do The Handicapped Go To Hell?.

That would be a fun callback.

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope Heidi is in the game. (of course she will be)

And you're going to have to sit through a cutscene in which Heidi is excited to see him and he tilts his head forward and rolls his eyes, then answers her disinterestedly because there are apparently people (or maybe just the writers) who still find it funny at this point.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CBJSprague24 posted:

And you're going to have to sit through a cutscene in which Heidi is excited to see him and he tilts his head forward and rolls his eyes, then answers her disinterestedly because there are apparently people (or maybe just the writers) who still find it funny at this point.

Wait, it's supposed to be funny? I thought it was serious characterization.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnY5YK2ttaM

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

21 Muns posted:

Wait, it's supposed to be funny? I thought it was serious characterization.

Trey's thoughts on this at the end of S20: "We don't want [Heidi] to go away, but I really liked how in the end [Cartman] was now a dude stuck in a relationship." Nothing about Cartman being happy in it, just stuck.

And now? He's been acting stuck all season long, not happy. So yeah, serious characterization.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WillieWestwood posted:

Trey's thoughts on this at the end of S20: "We don't want [Heidi] to go away, but I really liked how in the end [Cartman] was now a dude stuck in a relationship." Nothing about Cartman being happy in it, just stuck.

And now? He's been acting stuck all season long, not happy. So yeah, serious characterization.

Somebody sees that and gets a laugh either from sympathy or entertainment, which doesn't compute because it's a comedy vacuum.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

Aggregate score for the game is 80. So that's okay, I guess.

That's about the same as stick of truth. So I take that as a good thing. I think this one is supposed to be slightly longer.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just looked at the list of non-hidden achievements for Fractured but Hole

The Token Experience: Create a Black character and complete the game on Mastermind Difficulty

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CuddlyZombie posted:

Just looked at the list of non-hidden achievements for Fractured but Hole

The Token Experience: Create a Black character and complete the game on Mastermind Difficulty

Isn't black mastermind already?

I mean, isn't your skin color what denotes the difficulty? Lightest easiest, darkest hardest.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't black mastermind already?

I mean, isn't your skin color what denotes the difficulty? Lightest easiest, darkest hardest.

It's just a joke that doesn't correspond to an actual game mechanic, apparently, and it was all along.

Or at least that's what they claim. It seems to me that they backtracked when people yelled at them on the internet, which is lovely.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

At least they kept the achievement.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The race slider indicates how NPCs in the game treat you, apparently, which may or may not have some added mechanical effects (they don't give you stuff when they otherwise might, maybe?) but is separate from the difficulty levels.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you aren't playing as a short fat bald black gay trans woman then you just aren't doing it right.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Yes, Fractured But Whole is out today. Hope you guys enjoy it - I was slaved away for months on this one.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

checkplease posted:

That's about the same as stick of truth. So I take that as a good thing. I think this one is supposed to be slightly longer.

The only knock against it I've seen is that its basically the same town as Stick of Truth (which makes sense) so the sheer wonder of actually playing a interactive season of South Park isn't as fresh the second time around. Still suppose to pretty good game with a much better combat system.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ha ha, my 3 year strategy of totally ignoring Stick of Truth so that I’ll really love The Fractured... but Whole was the correct move!

The complaint that turned me off the most was the “healing items are overly plentiful” so I do hope that has been addressed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Small White Dragon posted:

Yes, Fractured But Whole is out today. Hope you guys enjoy it - I was slaved away for months on this one.

Any stories to share?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waltzing Along posted:

Any stories to share?

(the race slider was on impossible mode apparently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Since there doesn't seem to be one (whaa?), I created a thread for the game:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837800

Waltzing Along posted:

Any stories to share?
The phone calls/meetings about the Tweek and Craig art were pretty surreal.

• Locked thread