Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Tulip posted:

Corrosive Projection should be the highest priority to level up once you get it (620 endo).

The straight elemental mods like Infected Clip should be maxed (620 total endo x12).

I recommend getting Hornet Strike and Serration up to at least rank 6 ASAP (1260 endo x2).

Max Pressure Point and Point Blank (310 x2)

Level 6 Vitality & Redirection are good benchmarks (630 endo x2).

Intensify and continuity are worth maxing (930 endo x2).

Stretch & Streamline are also worth maxing (620 x2).

Seeker is worth getting to rank 3 (210 endo).

A stance is also a good idea (140-210 endo).

That's without any nightmare or corrupted mods. Totals up to 15,910-15,980 endo, which seems a little daunting at first but actually turns out to be quite a bit of endo. Near half of that is the elemental mods however, and they're probably the most skimpable. If you are unbearably, unbelievably lucky (literally getting 400 endo on every single A rotation and leaving at 10 minutes), you can get that much endo in 6 hours 40 minutes of high level survival. The actual drop rate is 25% for 400 endo, so it's more like 27 hours. Much faster if you're doing Excavations, but still going to take a while.

You are making this way more daunting than it should be. You will get 4000 endo and 100k credits for sortie rewards, so get carried doing some of those and this grind becomes cake. Just have patience and get carried in sorties and everything is fine. Don't go grind the poo poo out of survival anyway just get carried for goon groups to Hieracon, 4 rotations of that are super easy and fast since infested are poo poo, and with frost it's even more cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Washout posted:

You are making this way more daunting than it should be. You will get 4000 endo and 100k credits for sortie rewards, so get carried doing some of those and this grind becomes cake. Just have patience and get carried in sorties and everything is fine. Don't go grind the poo poo out of survival anyway just get carried for goon groups to Hieracon, 4 rotations of that are super easy and fast since infested are poo poo, and with frost it's even more cake.

I forgot about sortie, though it does require TWW so talking about it as an early game thing to do is a little weird to me.

I only used survival because it produced round numbers. I even mention that Excavations should be faster (because they will be).

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Washout posted:

:thunk:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I heard sorties went up to 6k Endo when they released PoE. C/D?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

clone on the phone posted:

That escalated quickly. We're all friends here, all the guns are cool. Guns for everyone.
On this note, we should be able to do something with all these streamwatching Latrons.

And that something is trade them in to Clem.

For Clem Rep.

Which is Grakatas.

Also he should be able to Grakify any weapon you give him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Alas, nope. The 6000 is the Kuva reward, not the Endo.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Fish Noise posted:

On this note, we should be able to do something with all these streamwatching Latrons.

For Clem Rep.

Which is Grakatas.

Give me a Grakatana and I will never stop mastering the blade.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kuva reward is 6k

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Fish Noise posted:

For Clem Rep.

Which is Grakatas.

Clem is a Good Boy.

I guess 4k. Endo is still pretty decent considering how much you get out of melting mods.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 18, 2017

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

I've been getting a ton of display glyphs through the Twitch thing so I decided to put them to use.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Wonderful.

I got the mag skin cause it owns but haven't really touched her since her revamp; would someone post how I'm supposed to play her now :ohdear:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If you like hilarious bugs that cause amazing amounts of damage watch the first two minutes of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRvsAW4qsY

Somehow Vex Armor and Roar multiply damage several times instead of once

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I've just unlocked Uranus, what's the best way to make credits without begging for taxis? I've been doing Seimeni on Ceres, 25k for 5 waves.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Avulsion posted:

I've just unlocked Uranus, what's the best way to make credits without begging for taxis? I've been doing Seimeni on Ceres, 25k for 5 waves.

Get your rear end to the Index with a credit booster

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kurbow eggs can sometimes be quest rewards, right? I started the Kurbow chain but if it is a pain in the rear end I can just do other stuff.

I know I can get it for 10 plat but I don't terribly want one right at the moment.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Trash kubrow dens in Earth missions and sometimes an egg will roll out.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Go to earth and murder kubrow nests for a while, you should be able to get eggs that way.
loving beaten.
Ps gently caress Index with a rusty wire.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know I could do that too. But I don't want to. That is the point. :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The Argonak has the best firing sound of any automatic rifle except the Grakata because the Grakata is a perfect special wonder.

Now this just isn't true when the stradavar exists

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unlucky7 posted:

I know I could do that too. But I don't want to. That is the point. :v:

Wait for an alert to pop up, I guess.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Good news ya'll I've started to play this game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Duck and Cover posted:

Good news ya'll I've started to play this game.
Use someone's referral code for a 7 day affinity (experience) booster. Unless you already made an account in which case welcome to Warframe.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 18, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Use someone's referral code for a 7 day affinity (experience) booster. Unless you already made an account in which case welcome to Warframe.

Guess how I feel about minmaxing my free to play experience. I find it tiring because you go through the hoops to get your bonuses or you don't and feel penalized because you didn't. That being said I completely neglected to check for a referral even though I know better. Now excuse me I got to run multiple twitch streams for all the fireworks.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 18, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

On that note, anyone know for sure if idling more streams after the first one does anything? Lots of conjecture out there.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

On that note, anyone know for sure if idling more streams after the first one does anything? Lots of conjecture out there.
Yes, it very much does.

My highlights so far include 2 3-day affinity boosters, 4 or 5 forma BPs, half a dozen or so nitain, a massive pile of fireworks and Latron BPs, and a bandwidth warning from Comcast.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 18, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The only way to make people watch frame streams was tying it to gameplay.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Neogaf is claiming that you can get drops just by idling streamer chats (add /chat to the stream address).

Im testing it now by having 10 chats open at work.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I kind of love that the Warframe community will even minmax stream-watching

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I kind of love that the Warframe community will even minmax stream-watching

I'm actually the only one doing it right, you should see how my streams melt a level 145 heavy gunner

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Doesn't seem to work

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Terbulus posted:

Doesn't seem to work

I’ve been watching a stream this morning and getting no drops. I think they take a crertain time before being delivered, so maybe it does work.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Eidolon hunters: how do you hunt the teralyst? So far I've managed to break one part solo, and I know that 4 players is basically necessary, and if you want to kill the big guy entirely you'll want to use lures.

How important is madurai? I'm vazarin and it seems like madurai would break the Shields so much faster.

What weapons are good for the joint breaking phase?I had good luck with akstilleto prime, but secura penta feels basically pointless and opticor just didn't do the DPS that I could with the machine pistols. Is peacemaker the way to go?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Risutora posted:

Neogaf is claiming that you can get drops just by idling streamer chats (add /chat to the stream address).

Im testing it now by having 10 chats open at work.

Doesn't work for me. I opened 24 chats and went on a 10-round defense mission, no drops. Went back to 24 streams, did an extermination, and got five drops.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I unlocked sorties but haven't done one yet. Is there anything to know before joining sorties groups?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

municipal shrimp posted:

Don't have plat but just hit me up in game at Houston We Have Uh Oh

Oh jeeze, last night I tried to add you (Assumed that Houston We Have Uh Oh was a user name) but I have no idea how to format it right for the friend adding thing. I'm pretty new, and if you find this and you're still up for it my game name is Toalpaz.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

kxZyle posted:

Doesn't work for me. I opened 24 chats and went on a 10-round defense mission, no drops. Went back to 24 streams, did an extermination, and got five drops.

Unfortunately so, I got nothing after 8 hours. The dream is dead :(

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I unlocked sorties but haven't done one yet. Is there anything to know before joining sorties groups?

Always solo spy missions. If you get a corpus excavation for the third mission just skip sorties that day. You can do it but it's not worth it.

Also have at least one assault rifle, sniper rifle, bow, shotgun, and melee weapon that you consider good. They sometimes have weapon restrictions as a mission modifier.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Always solo spy missions. If you get a corpus excavation for the third mission just skip sorties that day. You can do it but it's not worth it.

Also have at least one assault rifle, sniper rifle, bow, and melee weapon that you consider good. They sometimes have weapon restrictions as a mission modifier.

Shotgun and pistol too. What's with the corpus excavations, nullifiers? I don't remember running into one.

Speaking of Corpus Sortie 3's, what works for Level 100 Raptor Assassination besides flying above his head with Titania? Someone said Magnetize doesn't work well at that level?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Shotgun and pistol too. What's with the corpus excavations, nullifiers? I don't remember running into one.

Last time I did one it was the scrambus and combas that were the problem. The rollerblading corpus guys with funny hats. They can disable your powers with no indication before it happens. Then you get one shot by a bursa because your defensive powers got turned off before you even noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Last time I did one it was the scrambus and combas that were the problem. The rollerblading corpus guys with funny hats. They can disable your powers with no indication before it happens. Then you get one shot by a bursa because your defensive powers got turned off before you even noticed.

I always wondered what powers those idiots turned off and apparently it's incredibly obtuse where they turn off "classes" of abilities based on what shape their helmet is and it doesn't correspond to 1234.

Goddamn that's an esoteric design choice.