Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flikken posted:

What did the Browns ever do to you?

Came back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, comeon. Belichick was the coach the last time the Browns won a playoff game!

And Romeo Crennel got the new Browns to 10 wins once!

Get some more of that magic Patriots touch.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

3 DONG HORSE posted:

McDaniels with full control, imho

Oh cmon, they need a proven HC, not another pats OC.

I hear Chuck Pagano's gonna be available any minute now..........

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Your next head coach of the Cleveland football Browns:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mike Shula imo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eli Wiggum posted:

7-9 is still better than 0-16.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Just hire Fisher for one game. Let the man get sole possession of the all time loss record. Then can his rear end. No one deserves it more.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It just hit me that Fisher might never accept a head coaching job again just to avoid breaking that record

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

iospace posted:

7-9 is still better than 0-16.

that's not how the karmic math works out, they'd clearly be 4-12 every year

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Still an improvement.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eli Wiggum posted:

It just hit me that Fisher might never accept a head coaching job again just to avoid breaking that record

Hire him as a coordinator and then can the head coach and make him the interim head coach. Would that count?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

that's not how the karmic math works out, they'd clearly be 4-12 every year

I think a lot of Cleveland fans would be happy to go back to the 3 or 4 wins years

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

I'm sad this wasn't a picture of our lord and savior Sandwich Montoya

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jeff Fisher said he wants to become a head coach again just to beat the Rams, I think he was trying to get the 49ers job though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chris James 2 posted:

Florio today said he's heard Haslam is already talking to people around the league and putting together a list of people to interview for next year. Expects a full house cleaning

No no no, he said he expects to interview with housekeeping. The head janitor played high school ball in 1949 and he seems keen.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I still don't think that Haslam should be firing anyone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He should fire hinself

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's hard to make an argument for keeping this staff after the past 1 and 1/3 seasons and you don't want to see all the draft picks you've spent go to waste with coaches that aren't allowing them to play to their potential. Are head coaching candidates really going to look at a team that's gone, say, 1-31 and get nervous that management was too hair-trigger letting them go? At this point I'd say letting Hue finish the year seems plenty patient.

I suppose it's not like you need to worry about the fans revolting if you keep Hue though. At this point whatever is left of the Browns fanbase must be locked in cause it;s not like there can be fair weather fans when there hasn't been fair weather in over a decade.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Was Kessler that bad last year that they didnt want to give him the start this week to let Kizer sit another week to calm his nerves?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Quiet Feet posted:

It's hard to make an argument for keeping this staff after the past 1 and 1/3 seasons and you don't want to see all the draft picks you've spent go to waste with coaches that aren't allowing them to play to their potential. Are head coaching candidates really going to look at a team that's gone, say, 1-31 and get nervous that management was too hair-trigger letting them go? At this point I'd say letting Hue finish the year seems plenty patient.

I suppose it's not like you need to worry about the fans revolting if you keep Hue though. At this point whatever is left of the Browns fanbase must be locked in cause it;s not like there can be fair weather fans when there hasn't been fair weather in over a decade.

The draft picks have been pretty good overall actually, but they've passed on at least 2 starting QBs when presented with the opportunity to take one.

I say ride it out another year, but Hue has to let someone else call the plays.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Was Kessler that bad last year that they didnt want to give him the start this week to let Kizer sit another week to calm his nerves?

He was ok last year but supposedly horrible this year. I don't know why you'd go back to him, may as well put Kizer back in the flames and see what happens.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Chip Kelly's smoothie comeback tour

Nov 6, 2002

Quiet Feet posted:

By all means, fire Hue at the end of the year. I think he's proven at this point he does not have what it takes to be a head coach. But don't flush the front office. You can't really properly evaluate their picks with such poor coaching. And it's hard to even through stones at them over hiring Hue when that was widely lauded as a great move.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Naturally Selected posted:

Top of his list should be interviewing prospective new owners.

If Haslam sold the team, between the two firsts, one potentially being the first overall, a ton of cap space, tons more draft picks (5 in the top 65 iirc) and a young team?

Easy sell to some top talent for once at the FO and HC levels. Fresh start, new owner, tons of draft capital including grabbing the best QB who declares.

Chris James 2 posted:

I think a lot of Cleveland fans would be happy to go back to the 3 or 4 wins years

They averaged 4-5 a year for over a decade with a 7-9 and 10-6 mixed in.

Holy gently caress would I take that over the 3-13., 1-15 and possible 0-16 this year.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

say no to bats posted:

If Haslam sold the team, between the two firsts, one potentially being the first overall, a ton of cap space, tons more draft picks (5 in the top 65 iirc) and a young team?

Easy sell to some top talent for once at the FO and HC levels. Fresh start, new owner, tons of draft capital including grabbing the best QB who declares.

Exactly. They're in that pre-Kraft patriots stage right now, minus the near-bankruptcy. Could be a serious competitor if they were sold to someone with some management skill and deep pockets.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

By all means, fire Hue at the end of the year. I think he's proven at this point he does not have what it takes to be a head coach. But don't flush the front office. You can't really properly evaluate their picks with such poor coaching. And it's hard to even through stones at them over hiring Hue when that was widely lauded as a great move.

Hue's coaching is being found to be incredibly bad. Saw a good article on Twitter where someone broke down the offense, which Hue insists of being the OC of, where the Browns almost never use any short or middle of the field passing plays. One Browns guy even said he hasn't seen a single 8 yard slant run this season yet. Hue bad.

So yeah, in theory the FO should be given a chance, BUT

A lot of long time suffering media guys say the FO is terrible and clueless. So IDK. Mostly based on them trading away Wentz and now Watson, both of whom look legit and had plenty of research done on them suggesting they were worth a shot.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Browns also said Carson Wentz wouldn't be a Top 20 QB and while its too soon to tell, I would hedge on yet another idiotic Browns decision

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
poo poo, I completely forgot that the Eagles traded for that pick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everyone says the Browns should keep making QB decisions, yet every single one they make ends up being the worst one, regardless of who's making the pick or trade

You show me the best looking QB of the draft next year, and I'll show you that person either being passed on by the Browns, or signed and being the obvious worst of that QB class by Thanksgiving. It's like clockwork

Nov 6, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone says the Browns should keep making QB decisions, yet every single one they make ends up being the worst one, regardless of who's making the pick or trade

You show me the best looking QB of the draft next year, and I'll show you that person either being passed on by the Browns, or signed and being the obvious worst of that QB class by Thanksgiving. It's like clockwork

Ehh, their last two 1st round QB picks were not the best looking QBs of the draft, by far. Everyone knew Manziel was a mess, and Weedon... come on.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^ also yeah, drafting those two demonstrated a pretty severe problem in talent evaluation as seen by... the rest of their roster moves for the past... forever.

Chris James 2 posted:

There likely isn't a right QB decision for them to have made. QB success is as much nurture as nature, and the Browns' coaching with the Browns' roster likely is a situation that no quarterback can develop in right now.

Nov 6, 2002

Brandon Weeden is 34 goddamn years old.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Brandon Weeden is 34 goddamn years old.

So what if he posts here

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Chop Kelly coaching the Browns absolutely needs to happen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brandon Weeden is older than Aaron Rodgers

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Are any of the 8 million players the Browns drafted in 2016 any good? I feel like there's 0 enthusiasm for any Brown other than Garrett. I feel like they're the other side to the usually successful trade down, get more draft picks strategy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Corey Coleman, but his wrists are made of glass.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browns 2016 draft picks

1st - Corey Coleman (broke hand in practice Sept 2016, re-broke hand Sept 2017)
2nd - Emmanuel Ogbah
3rd - Carl Nassib, Shon Coleman, Cody Kessler
4th - Joe Schobert, Ricardo Louis, Derrick Kindred, Seth DeValve
5th - Jordan Payton (PEDs, waived), Spencer Drango, Rashard Higgins, Trey Caldwell (waived)
7th - Scooby Wright the Third (now on the Cards)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Are any of the 8 million players the Browns drafted in 2016 any good? I feel like there's 0 enthusiasm for any Brown other than Garrett. I feel like they're the other side to the usually successful trade down, get more draft picks strategy.

Corey Coleman (1st) might be good if his hand ever stops breaking
Ogbah (2nd) a waste of a 2nd.
Nassib (2nd) FO darling but a waste
Shon Coleman (3rd) is a competent OT so far
Shobert (4th) starting MLB. competent tackler but near useless in coverage
Ricardo Louis (4th) who cares
Derrick Kindred (4th) the guy who hosed OBJ's ankle in preseason. That's about it.
Devalve (4th) has been alright though he's going to lose his job to Njoku
Jordan Peyton (5th) Cut
Spencer Dragon (5th) rotational guard/swing tackle
Rashard Higgins (5th) see Ricardo Louis
Trey Caldwell (5th) cut
Scooby Wright (7th) cut. currently on and off the cardinals practice squad.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Chop Kelly

I'm choosing to believe this was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pagano to the Browns. Makes sense. Reunite the powerhouse combination of Grigson/Pagano.

• Locked thread