Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Some dude on my Facebook asked if anyone was going to BFG in Ottawa, I responded saying I bet there will be 5 people there total.

He said "they announced it's sold out", which I find impossible to believe. I went on the site and was able to put 10 tickets in the cart... TNA isn't actually doing the WCW thing of saying a show is sold out when they need to be selling tickets are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

Some dude on my Facebook asked if anyone was going to BFG in Ottawa, I responded saying I bet there will be 5 people there total.

He said "they announced it's sold out", which I find impossible to believe. I went on the site and was able to put 10 tickets in the cart... TNA isn't actually doing the WCW thing of saying a show is sold out when they need to be selling tickets are they?

Where they in section b?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I don't even think TNA could fill that place giving out tickets.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Checking their website, they have sold out.

Sold out the first three rows, which by my count is 180 seats. Everything else is considered General Admission, and they still have plenty of those seats available.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just a random thought, but boy did Moose's stock fall in a hurry. It wasn't that long ago that he was considered one of the hottest prospects in the country (or at least hot enough to get NXT rumors), and now nobody's talking about him. DeAngelo Williams got more buzz in a random one-off match than Moose has gotten all year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I feel like Moose's drop is a combination of him going to TNA and the rise of Jeff Cobb and Keith Lee to take his place of lovable big indy people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just in case people don't know this is (seriously, I'm making 0 words of this up) the BFG card for Nov 5 in Canada

Eli Drake (accompanied by Chris Adonis) defends the world title against Johnny Impact
Trevor Lee defends the X title in Ultimate X against Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Matt Sydal, Garza Jr, and Dezmond Xavier
OI4K (Dave and Jake Crist) defend the tag titles in a 5150 Street Fight against all of LAX (Ortiz, Santana, Konnan, Homicide assuming he shows up this time, and Diamante)
Sienna defends the Knockouts title in a four-way against Gail Kim, Taryn Terrell, and Allie
Moose and Stephan Bonnar fight Lashley and King Mo in 6 Sides of Steel
Grado vs Abyss in Monster's Ball; Grado loses, he's deported
Rosemary vs Taya Valkyrie in First Blood
Team Impact (EC3, Eddie Edwards and James Storm) vs Team AAA (El Hijo del Fantasma, Pagano, and Texano)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

Just in case people don't know this is (seriously, I'm making 0 words of this up) the BFG card for Nov 5 in Canada

Eli Drake (accompanied by Chris Adonis) defends the world title against Johnny Impact
Trevor Lee defends the X title in Ultimate X against Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Matt Sydal, Garza Jr, and Dezmond Xavier
OI4K (Dave and Jake Crist) defend the tag titles in a 5150 Street Fight against all of LAX (Ortiz, Santana, Konnan, Homicide assuming he shows up this time, and Diamante)
Sienna defends the Knockouts title in a four-way against Gail Kim, Taryn Terrell, and Allie
Team Impact (EC3, Eddie Edwards and James Storm) vs Team AAA (El Hijo del Fantasma, Pagano, and Texano)
This card looks like a fever dream

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Moose bought his own hype and went to TNA which is pretty much the worst possible combo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

TNA loves their gimmick/stip matches. Are we sure Vince Russo isn't back "writing" for them?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gail Kim is going to retire with the title.

edit: Just as a reminder, James Storm had to tell the fans that Impact vs AAA is not USA vs Mexico. You know, despite how it was framed from day one.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 18, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

I eagerly await Konnan and Homicide's run with the tag titles

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Did Bellator actually sign off on their guys doing physicality this time or

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did Bellator actually sign off on their guys doing physicality this time or

I'm pretty sure the only guy under a current Bellator fighter contract is Lashley and they'll use a bunch of randos to get involved physically if they do run ins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised Bonnar hasn't taken up prograps sooner. That debut TUF finale fight was a total work.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Odds on this being better than the CMLL Anniversary show or Triplemania this year

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
there's been a lot of bugfuck wild stipulations throughout wrestling history, but "if you lose this wrestling match you're deported from the country" has gotta be near the top of the list

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bard Maddox posted:

there's been a lot of bugfuck wild stipulations throughout wrestling history, but "if you lose this wrestling match you're deported from the country" has gotta be near the top of the list

This is (I am making GBS threads you not) the culmination of an almost 2 year long storyline where Grado was fired and has been overstaying his visa illegally.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

This is (I am making GBS threads you not) the culmination of an almost 2 year long storyline where Grado was fired and has been overstaying his visa illegally.

Including the surprise twist of Grado wasting months on trying to marry Laurel Van Ness when if he'd checked Wikipedia literally once anytime before, he would have found out immediately that she's Canadian and thus he can't marry her to stay in America

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Odds on this being better than the CMLL Anniversary show or Triplemania this year

The Anniversary show had two ****+ matches and some other good stuff, I don't see this being better.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

probably in the same level of triplemania's holy poo poo that just happened and now the moment's ruined because 20 dumber things happened right after it. Plus Drake vs Impact as main event does not sound appealing. at all.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Order TNA/GFW/IMPACT/whatever Bound for Glory 2018, live from Jerry's backyard! Tickets are TOTALLY SOLD OUT*!

*All six lawn chairs have sold out. Tickets are still available for leaning against the fence, or for the picnic table that birds keep making GBS threads on.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I keep forgetting Eli Drake is the champion

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

I keep forgetting Eli Drake exists

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

probably in the same level of triplemania's holy poo poo that just happened and now the moment's ruined because 20 dumber things happened right after it. Plus Drake vs Impact as main event does not sound appealing. at all.

I know Impact refers to Johnny Impact but I would love if he just literally had to wrestle the concept of Impact wrestling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm all for the women's revolution and all but I reaaaalllllly don't want to see a women's first blood match. Though it's TNA so there's always a chance they use ketchup like in that one Matt Morgan match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Taya is good and that's the only match on the card that really piques my interest

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Elix Skipper for free
https://globalwrestlingnetwork.com/videohub/IMPACT%20WRESTLING%202017/90007519V/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm all for the women's revolution and all but I reaaaalllllly don't want to see a women's first blood match. Though it's TNA so there's always a chance they use ketchup like in that one Matt Morgan match

I don't know the context but I assume there's like a feud or something going into this rather than "gently caress it, your match is first blood, figure out it bitches"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

I don't know the context but I assume there's like a feud or something going into this rather than "gently caress it, your match is first blood, figure out it bitches"

IIRC from the tapings: Taya debuted and just kept constantly kicking Rosemary's rear end, and eventually even misted her, so Rosemary got pissed because that's her thing, misted her back, and wants her blood

It's probably honestly the best feud on that card.

Impact/AAA is rivals EC3 and James Storm having to learn to work together to fight off the literal foreign menace,
Ultimate X clusterfuck needs no description,
LAX lost their belts to the debuting Crists and are using their rematch clause in a street fight with literally every member, including Diamante (a woman), Homicide (didn't appear all tapings), and Konnan (chronic injuries),
If Grado Loses He's Deported,
Knockouts title feud is just a big open farewell to Gail Kim who's retiring this year,
Moose vs Lashley the MMA Feud,
John Morrison getting a world title because otherwise it means Eli Drake's getting a lengthy world title reign,
And Del Rio comes back.

So yeah, for better or worse, seems like the standout feud/part of the show (was going to say match but Ultimate X will probably be that)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 18, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Impact/AAA is rivals EC3 and James Storm having to learn to work together to fight off the literal foreign menace,

Oh good, another "tag team partners that hate each other but need to learn to work together" story. You can never have enough of those!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So is the guy getting deported from Canada?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I have no idea who Eli Drake is, weird. Why is he the champ?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Out of that entire battle royal for the title, he was probably the least interesting option to win. So of course he won

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

ADR's TMZ lifestyle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

So is the guy getting deported from Canada?

Scotland

triplexpac posted:

Swerved the audience who thought it'd be Low Ki or debuting John Morrison, because either of those would have actually been interesting

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chris James 2 posted:

Swerved the audience who thought it'd be Low Ki or debuting John Morrison, because either of those would have actually been interesting

Could they not just throw some money at Rey Mysterio and have him be their champ?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Could they not just throw some money at Rey Mysterio and have him be their champ?

what money

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

They tried and failed. Negotiations went on with him and Impact all summer IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Sports Illustrated in July said he was legit looking into the offer they made for him. Konnan said last month talks broke down and he's hoping to patch things up so they can get something working post-LU, but they did actually try to make that happen