Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rey's old and in no mood for bullshit. So far it looks like all Anthem is offering is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I had no idea TNA is currently owned by the idiot that drove CanWest into the ground.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Rey even want to be a full-time guy at this stage of his career? I thought he charged crazy high prices for appearances and autographs, which is why he can wrestle like 5 times a year and still live comfortably (while saving his bad knees). There's a reason he's not eager to go back to WWE anytime soon.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

Rey's old and in no mood for bullshit. So far it looks like all Anthem is offering is bullshit.

I could see TNA trying to pay talent with fertilizer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Does Rey even want to be a full-time guy at this stage of his career? I thought he charged crazy high prices for appearances and autographs, which is why he can wrestle like 5 times a year and still live comfortably (while saving his bad knees). There's a reason he's not eager to go back to WWE anytime soon.

So TNA is perfect for him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Does Rey even want to be a full-time guy at this stage of his career?

TNA is by no means a fulltime thing. There's like...under 10 weeks of taping a year, including the 2 annual PPVs. The pay for that kind of thing is obviously an issue, but the schedule's definitely more enticing than WWE's

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Touche (TNA can't afford him anyway so this is all moot)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Uhh speaking of free, I can watch every episode of Impact in the last year. Why... I don't think they'll make any money if they're just giving it away.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tokamak posted:

Uhh speaking of free, I can watch every episode of Impact in the last year. Why... I don't think they'll make any money if they're just giving it away.

Recent Impact stuff is mostly worthless. Anyone willing to sign up for that service is very likely doing it for the older stuff when the product was better (ironically or not) and featured stars that were either big at the time, like Hogan or Nash or whoever, or big now like AJ, Joe, or Roode. Ain't a drat body signing up for a network on the back of Eli Drake and Moose.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think they also want to try to use it as a way for people who don't get Pop to watch the show, not that this is a significant population but I got that impression from the owner's WOR interview.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I think they also want to try to use it as a way for people who don't get Pop to watch the show, not that this is a significant population but I got that impression from the owner's WOR interview.

Since they seem to think they have a long-term plan, maybe their goal is to eventually eliminate TV entirely and have Impact be an show on their free service to convince people to buy it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Since they seem to think they have a long-term plan, maybe their goal is to eventually eliminate TV entirely and have Impact be an show on their free service to convince people to buy it?

I don't think they are that stupid but you never know with TNA.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I had to pass on a chance to go to the press conference tomorrow and meet the “headliners”

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

I had to pass on a chance to go to the press conference tomorrow and meet the “headliners”

Wasn't that the pizza press conference?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wasn't that the pizza press conference?

Yes

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rare Magic card l00k posted:

That would be a really bad idea, so they'll probably do it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think they are that stupid

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The 2 seconds I thought TNA posted a youtube video with a WWE logo were pretty cool.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am of the belief Taryn quit TNA after a short run:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/921202508416143360

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The 2 seconds I thought TNA posted a youtube video with a WWE logo were pretty cool.

Give them time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/921390470395318273

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

first WOH champion Taryn Tarrell.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did she find jesus again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't she just "come back" like a month ago

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

Didn't she just "come back" like a month ago

That hairdo came back from 1965, that's for sure.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/921525705778827265

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/921728050982719489

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/rcw_wrestle/status/921815721327321088

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Well you see... Jeff's an incredible gently caress-up."
Audience murmurs and nods in mutual assent

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JEFF JARRETT HAS BOARDED A PLANE AND LEFT THE COUNTRY OF HIS OWN ACCORD

Jarrett to replace Angle at TLC??

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

daily reminder this company had okada once

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

gif Probst posted:

daily reminder that they loltna'd every second he was in the company.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

gif Probst posted:

TNA has lasted longer than WCW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'm not the only person who expected RCW to read RCMT at some point, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just about every major star from the last 15 years has passed through TNA/Impact and been wasted. You can't really blame them for Okada/Nakamura/Tanahashi because that was before they were big but they definitely hosed CM Punk, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, and AJ Styles who were all pretty outstanding during/before they were in the company.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Just about every major star from the last 15 years has passed through TNA/Impact and been wasted. You can't really blame them for Okada/Nakamura/Tanahashi because that was before they were big but they definitely hosed CM Punk, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, and AJ Styles who were all pretty outstanding during/before they were in the company.

So you can't blame them for loving up a future WOTY, a current IWGP Champion and a guy being elevated to main event status...

But we can blame them for loving up Punk who wasn't a star yet, the Bucks who weren't nearly as good as they are now and AJ Styles who did nothing of note before he was in the company.

They had Okada for a year and they stuck him in a horrible, racist angle where he looked like the biggest geek in the world. You can definitely blame them for that. They only way you can't blame them for that is if you feel a Japanese wrestler can't get over because he's Japanese.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

So you can't blame them for loving up a future WOTY, a current IWGP Champion and a guy being elevated to main event status...

But we can blame them for loving up Punk who wasn't a star yet, the Bucks who weren't nearly as good as they are now and AJ Styles who did nothing of note before he was in the company.

They had Okada for a year and they stuck him in a horrible, racist angle where he looked like the biggest geek in the world. You can definitely blame them for that. They only way you can't blame them for that is if you feel a Japanese wrestler can't get over because he's Japanese.
We can, there was a lot of buzz about 2002 CM Punk, and his feud with Raven. He went on to play a flock knock-off to Raven during one of his upswings and never did much in TNA despite being, at the time, one of the best promos in the business. This was during/after his feud with Chris Hero, too proving he could go the extra mile given the chance

The Bucks weren't *as good* as they are now, but they were also at the time, one of the best tag-teams in the world coming off the heels of MCMG being one of the most fluid and best looking tandem team in history even still today, and having the benefit of feuding against both them an Team 3D who still weren't past their expiration date at the time.

AJ Styles was almost every bit as good as he is now in TNA, of course he got better in his NJPW tour and WWE but back then he was still an overly outstanding wrestler that never got the spotlight he should have had.

There was no way to predict that young boy Okada would have been as good as he was at the time, just like it was impossible to predict how any given member of LIJ would have transitioned into being such great characters before-hand. Naito was basically Poochie in NJPW before his Mexico tour too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they hosed up sanada too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they also hosed up yujiro takahashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted: