Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

idk ask my mom

You're a Harlequin baby on top of Marfan's? drat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pick posted:

They're constantly trying to get me to liquidate the only collection of mine I really, deeply care about (taxidermy). Luckily they can't identify most of it so they can't resell most of it themselves.

Pick, I'm late to this thread but please tell me you actually have a taxidermy collection and that it includes things like this:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I actually once knew a guy who was super into eugenics and constantly talked about how only people with "superior intelligence" (Like him, obvs) should be able to procreate, and he also claimed to have a retardedly high IQ of like 170 or something

When I pointed out to him that he was a scrawny nerd who could barely lift his arms over his head who nobody could possibly look at and declare to have good genetics, worked in a job he hated, and was perpetually broke because it paid absolute poo poo money, he got really angry and started saying that I shouldn't just throw his argument out with these "ad-hominem attacks"

It owned, dunking on that guy was hilarious

Embittered
Dec 8, 2009

Blade Runner posted:

I actually once knew a guy who was super into eugenics and constantly talked about how only people with "superior intelligence" (Like him, obvs) should be able to procreate, and he also claimed to have a retardedly high IQ of like 170 or something

When I pointed out to him that he was a scrawny nerd who could barely lift his arms over his head who nobody could possibly look at and declare to have good genetics, worked in a job he hated, and was perpetually broke because it paid absolute poo poo money, he got really angry and started saying that I shouldn't just throw his argument out with these "ad-hominem attacks"

Did you tell him he would have been aborted if eugenics were a thing?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Blade Runner posted:

He's no Harrison Bergeron.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Embittered posted:

Did you tell him he would have been aborted if eugenics were a thing?

I basically pointed out to him that he had an inherently self defeating argument because he declared that people with higher IQs were just better and should be selected for, then I pointed out that despite his reportedly immense IQ his life was lovely and he was an idiot. This got into him saying that that was just anecdotal, I was trying to attack him and not his point, a whole buncha stuff that I'm sure would've led to him hitting me if I weren't much bigger than him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blade Runner posted:

I basically pointed out to him that he had an inherently self defeating argument because he declared that people with higher IQs were just better and should be selected for, then I pointed out that despite his reportedly immense IQ his life was lovely and he was an idiot. This got into him saying that that was just anecdotal, I was trying to attack him and not his point, a whole buncha stuff that I'm sure would've led to him hitting me if I weren't much bigger than him.

A eugenicist who should have been aborted by his own logic, a shameful eugenicist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blade Runner posted:

my fav part of this nerd fantasy is that they're too dumb/uneducated to know it's impossible to select for intelligence, we have no idea where or how to even do that

and, rather, that women refusing to sleep with him is selecting for intelligence

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PetraCore posted:

He's no Harrison Bergeron.

Nice!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Motronic posted:

Pick, I'm late to this thread but please tell me you actually have a taxidermy collection and that it includes things like this:

I have a very large taxidermy collection, but no gaffe taxidermy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
more like harrison spergeron am i rite

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The dude was also kind of a racist. I got the feeling that he was basically just a pathetic moron who had never accomplished much of anything in his life, so he latched onto things that were inherent parts of him and that he'd never had to put any effort into(the "high IQ", being white)and doubled down on those being good things that mattered, while everything else like being a physically healthy or personally likable person were the worthless acts of fools.

The more I look back at this, the more I think perhaps I should've beaten him up, but such is life

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blade Runner posted:

The dude was also kind of a racist. I got the feeling that he was basically just a pathetic moron who had never accomplished much of anything in his life, so he latched onto things that were inherent parts of him and that he'd never had to put any effort into(the "high IQ", being white)and doubled down on those being good things that mattered, while everything else like being a physically healthy or personally likable person were the worthless acts of fools.

The more I look back at this, the more I think perhaps I should've beaten him up, but such is life
My dad told me as a kid my high IQ didn't mean anything if I didn't actually do anything with it, which is harsh but also absolutely true. Perhaps more people should have had this gently but firmly explained to them as children?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"i MUST be intelligent, if i weren't, then there wouldn't be any positive quality about me at all! i'm just like Rick!"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

b-b-b-but the non aggression principle

[M 17] how do you kiss a girl [F 17] ? (self.dating_advice)

quote:

I recently went on my first date ever and it went really well. She dropped really strong hints she wants to kiss. I'm planning on going for it on the second date but I've somehow never kissed anyone before? I don't understand what you actually do to kiss someone

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

PetraCore posted:

My dad told me as a kid my high IQ didn't mean anything if I didn't actually do anything with it, which is harsh but also absolutely true. Perhaps more people should have had this gently but firmly explained to them as children?
I blame the school system and the whole setup around "gifted and talented" kids. It's entirely possible for some people to coast by doing jack poo poo and still get A's(and often get praised for it instead of having someone go 'maybe we should figure out another way to make sure they'll grow up into someone who can put effort into things'), and for those same people to hit a brick wall once they enter college and can't do that anymore. At that point they either get their poo poo together and figure out they need to work for things, or turn into sadsacks like Mr. "we should select for people like me, with my genius brains and super high IQ and no other redeeming qualities whatsoever".

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I have some stupidly high IQ, like 140 or something(I got it tested by some clinic as a kid because my dad is the kinda person who wants to know that sort of thing, also hardcore bragging, not even humble, boi), but who gives a poo poo? I think it quickly becomes apparent that IQ doesn't necessarily mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's blatantly obvious that the only people who care are people who got arbitrarily high number on the "you're smart" test, then structured their lives around that because it meant, y'know, gently caress you mom I'm great actually. Being as smart as Einstein doesn't mean a god drat thing if you don't have the drive to work your entire life on scientific theories. It's way better to be a crazily driven, dedicated person than a genius, in my opinion.

Also, a teenager asking how to kiss is possibly the most adorable thing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

maskenfreiheit posted:

b-b-b-but the non aggression principle

[M 17] how do you kiss a girl [F 17] ? (self.dating_advice)

These are always my favourite posts. :3:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blade Runner posted:

I have some stupidly high IQ, like 140 or something(I got it tested by some clinic as a kid because my dad is the kinda person who wants to know that sort of thing, also hardcore bragging, not even humble, boi), but who gives a poo poo? I think it quickly becomes apparent that IQ doesn't necessarily mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's blatantly obvious that the only people who care are people who got arbitrarily high number on the "you're smart" test, then structured their lives around that because it meant, y'know, gently caress you mom I'm great actually. Being as smart as Einstein doesn't mean a god drat thing if you don't have the drive to work your entire life on scientific theories. It's way better to be a crazily driven, dedicated person than a genius, in my opinion.

Also, a teenager asking how to kiss is possibly the most adorable thing
Yeah, this. Of course, if you're good at learning and retaining information, that gives you some innate advantages. But as with everything in life, it's something that needs to be nurtured and developed. It's like how some people might have perfect pitch and a natural aptitude for music but it's still not going to mean anything if they don't also practice, and even then it's not like they're automatically going to be a rich celebrity.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Haifisch posted:

I blame the school system and the whole setup around "gifted and talented" kids. It's entirely possible for some people to coast by doing jack poo poo and still get A's(and often get praised for it instead of having someone go 'maybe we should figure out another way to make sure they'll grow up into someone who can put effort into things'), and for those same people to hit a brick wall once they enter college and can't do that anymore. At that point they either get their poo poo together and figure out they need to work for things, or turn into sadsacks like Mr. "we should select for people like me, with my genius brains and super high IQ and no other redeeming qualities whatsoever".
Yeah it turns out being gifted for your age and having people build up your ego based on that can have some pretty catastrophic psychological results once you're an adult and nobody is impressed that you read at a college level, or whatever. Being smart for your age still means other people are going to catch up, and that's not a bad thing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fruit on the bottom posted:

Uh because that’s thats what happened dude.

Can my ex really force me to hit our son? TN

Unfortunately you will lose custody of your child. The good news is that all you need to do to enforce proper discipline on your ex-husband is to beat the poo poo out of him every day for years.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Online IQ test is ruining my [26M] polyamorous relationship [22F and 19F]

quote:

A little background: I am a Dom in a polyamorous relationship with two lovely young submissive women, whom we'll call "Sarah" [22F] and "Jane" [19F]. Jane and I have been living together for three years, and Sarah moved in with us in January of this year. Everything has been going quite well, but an issue has just arisen in our relationship that is making me very concerned.

Whilst perusing the web on Tuesday night, I discovered an online IQ test. I am aware that most online IQ tests are inaccurate, but, having studied psychology, I knew that this test used the exact same types of questions as a professional IQ test. I decided to play a little game with my subs. They are very into psychological domination and humiliation, and I thought it would be erotic to dominate them intellectually by outscoring them on the IQ test. While they are bright girls, I had no doubt that my IQ would be higher than theirs. I had them take the test, and Sarah scored 128; Jane, 134. I took the test after them. However, to my chagrin, I scored 112.

This was, understandably, humiliating. Sarah and Jane didn't say anything. We continued on as usual afterwards, but these results aroused many doubts in the back of my mind. As a Dom, I demand total submission from my girls, and it is my responsibility to control them; I cannot do this if they are able to outsmart me. I am sure Sarah and Jane know this too. Although they have not disobeyed or disrespected me outright, I am picking up on small aspects of their behaviour that show a loss of respect for me. I am afraid that this could kill their attraction to me.

I am asking for advice from /r/relationships because BDSMcommunity has been disrespectful to me in the past; input from both BDSM and vanilla perspectives is welcome. I would like to know a way to mend the damage this has caused to our relationship.

tl;dr: IQ test showed that my IQ is lower than my subs', compromising my position as a Dom.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Oh wow an adult dude who moved in with a 16 year old isn’t as smart as he thinks

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Haifisch posted:

lmao

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Also BDSMcommunity was probably rude to him because he sounds like a goddamn abuser.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bobby Digital posted:

Oh wow an adult dude who moved in with a 16 year old isn’t as smart as he thinks

I wonder why "BDSMcommunity has been disrespectful to me in the past"? :thunk:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Haifisch posted:

It's like a Russian doll of :catstare:.

I love the comment about how unsupportive the BDSM community has been because it clearly indicates how much of a fuckup this guy has consistently been in the past as well.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Easy solution is that women are only allowed to reproduce with me and then we get what we get.

Obviously there would be major tax incentives to compensate for those 12 seconds.

Pick posted:

I have a very large taxidermy collection, but no gaffe taxidermy.

This is more distressing than what I’ve just posted.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Haifisch posted:

Why does he need a high IQ to dom?

I’m pretty sure my IQ is higher than the rock but he could probably lock me up in his basement and have his way with me anyways.

Also 110ish is solid dunning Kruger territory since you’re definitely not dumb but not smart enough to realize you’re no genius either.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 19, 2017

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
He thought he was a Hogan, turns out he's a Klink.

The only reason the women are staying with him is because they're afraid their next dom would be competent and discover their secret network of tunnels.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
They abuse a minor, and call it dom.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
You can dom and not be a super genius.

I’ll bet R Lee Emery was a solid 115 but he could make me cry

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

maskenfreiheit posted:

Why does he need a high IQ to dom?

I’m pretty sure my IQ is higher than the rock but he could probably lock me up in his basement and have his way with me anyways.

Also 110ish is solid dunning Kruger territory since you’re definitely not dumb but not smart enough to realize you’re no genius either.
Yeah I mean also if you're actually domming and not just being an abusive rear end then you don't need to worry about being 'outsmarted' because everyone wants to be there. You talk things over and do things that are mutually pleasurable. If a scene doesn't work like you wanted (because you're a dumbass), you don't start to get paranoid that your girlfriends are plotting against you, because that'd be insane.

The fact he's so worried about this combined with the fact that he had a 16 year old living with him alone when he was 23 and has been 'domming' her since spells out what's going on pretty clearly, which doesn't detract from him hilariously being soooo convinced he's smarter than the 'bright girls' only to get trounced.

EDIT: You also don't prey on vulnerable teenagers if that wasn't clear. I mean that kind of stuff happens in the kink scene and denying it is just a way to pretend it doesn't happen, which is no good, but it sounds like he was getting extremely called out on it and ran away because he can't have his 'bright girls' learning poo poo's hosed. I hope they lock him in the basement and run.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 19, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

PetraCore posted:

If a scene doesn't work like you wanted (because you're a dumbass), you don't start to get paranoid that your girlfriends are plotting against you, because that'd be insane.
Nah, he's totes got evidence of their schemes:

quote:

[–][deleted] 3 points 3 years ago

quote:

I am picking up on small aspects of their behaviour that show a loss of respect for me.

can you be more specific?

[–]4dvicethr0w [S] -7 points 3 years ago

Mostly body language and nonverbal signals. Looking at me strangely, changes in their tone of voice, odd gestures...

There's also a comment insisting he has "two degrees and a successful career."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Haifisch posted:

Nah, he's totes got evidence of their schemes:

There's also a comment insisting he has "two degrees and a successful career."
Gosh I wonder why his 19 year old girlfriend doesn't have a successful car- oh right he's been loving her since she was 16.

It's pretty easy to feel superior in responsibility and success to literal teenagers, gosh, weird. I'm sure it's a coincidence!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The icing on the cake, while I'm comment-diving:

quote:

[–]5thdoctor 23 points 3 years ago

So is this about being a Dom or about satisfying your own ego? Because a Dom is confident, not egotistical, and it seems you're more concerned with having a couple of younger, dumber girls than anything else.

[–]4dvicethr0w [S] -17 points 3 years ago

I'm not sure that you understand the dynamics behind a true 24/7 D/s relationship.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

*pockets calipers*

Good news. You have the braincasing of an overseer and are perfectly matched with your kink.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PetraCore posted:

Gosh I wonder why his 19 year old girlfriend doesn't have a successful car- oh right he's been loving her since she was 16.

It's pretty easy to feel superior in responsibility and success to literal teenagers, gosh, weird. I'm sure it's a coincidence!

If he had a higher IQ he'd know to dump them for a new crop of exploitable 16-year-olds, the only long-term plan for scumbags like him (other than indefinite jail time).

In short, :murder:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PetraCore posted:

Yeah I mean also if you're actually domming and not just being an abusive rear end then you don't need to worry about being 'outsmarted' because everyone wants to be there. You talk things over and do things that are mutually pleasurable. If a scene doesn't work like you wanted (because you're a dumbass), you don't start to get paranoid that your girlfriends are plotting against you, because that'd be insane.

The fact he's so worried about this combined with the fact that he had a 16 year old living with him alone when he was 23 and has been 'domming' her since spells out what's going on pretty clearly, which doesn't detract from him hilariously being soooo convinced he's smarter than the 'bright girls' only to get trounced.

EDIT: You also don't prey on vulnerable teenagers if that wasn't clear. I mean that kind of stuff happens in the kink scene and denying it is just a way to pretend it doesn't happen, which is no good, but it sounds like he was getting extremely called out on it and ran away because he can't have his 'bright girls' learning poo poo's hosed. I hope they lock him in the basement and run.

Hell, in most of the healthier-seeming BDSM relationships I've seen the submissive was almost invariably way smarter than their dom and everyone knew it. They're people who have trouble turning their brains off and want relief from paralyzing overanalysis; their dream match is someone that will listen to them and give them a simple answer back. It doesn't matter if the answers aren't always right, as long as they can both cope with mistakes. That's just life.

Meanwhile this chucklefuck is so insecure that he's melting down about an online IQ test and then wonders why it doesn't feel like his authority is being respected :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Never let sex be your therapy.