Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Gara's big wall ability stops Kuva from moving toward the siphon since it treats it like a wall.

Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Reddit is saying DE broke syndicates so you can't turn in medallions past the daily cap amount now?

It is (or at least was yesterday) true.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I just realized something. Can we still do ghost operator? If we don't, what do players get after Second Dream? I was imagining they would make you only able to go to your chair and flop and crawl from it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Can't turn in gems in fetus either(fish works fine though), and can't turn in cores to the quills either, which is pissing a lot of people off.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Players get each successive stage after their relevant quests. Ghost after Second Dream, manifestation after War Within and now warrior after doing Saya's quest whenever, then visiting the Quills in Cetus after War Within. Warrior replaces everything once you go for it, though I have to admit I'm having fun with the Focus school ability enhancements. Vazarin is win.

Vazarwin, if you will.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 19, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've actually been really impressed by the focus rework. getting focus itself is always going to be annoying no matter what, but they've actually turned the system and surrounding accessories into things i actually want to use. also every school is actually USEFUL now. i'm kind of eyeing the unairu node that applies bullet attractor to anything you hit with your beam.

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone
So, fishing. I've started to dabble a bit but I'd love some input from those of you who have done it a bit more. I'm guessing dyes and baits are pretty much mandatory. Do different types of fish spawn in the different lakes or is it all random? How long does a bait last? Is it best to find a nice spot to camp or should I patrol? How do I get the big ones? random luck? Also, what fishing spear goes to where to what

thankyou

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

sepia posted:

So, fishing. I've started to dabble a bit but I'd love some input from those of you who have done it a bit more. I'm guessing dyes and baits are pretty much mandatory. Do different types of fish spawn in the different lakes or is it all random? How long does a bait last? Is it best to find a nice spot to camp or should I patrol? How do I get the big ones? random luck? Also, what fishing spear goes to where to what

thankyou

Here is a useful chart for fishin. what spear goes to what and bait, time of day, etc...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13vN9qnVuPSkHiLHTJZ_CjImaekcMY2tC3cNCcQCCVP8/edit#gid=0

Bait lasts about 30 seconds as far as I know. But I haven't seen a rhyme or reason to their effectiveness. Usually nothing happens when I fish on the western sea. Dye is VERY useful if you are fishing there due to glare and dark waters.

The geyser to the left of the cetus door is a VERY popular and good spot. Clear waters, at night it spawns lungfish which are worth a lot of standing for being able to be caught without bait and a t1 spear and spawn at a good pace. I usually jump between rocks on the larger side of the pond. Big ones are all RNG. (I swear they reduced the large spawn rate since release, all of yesterday it was smalls and a few mediums with rare larges)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Does volts passive still give you a boost to fishing?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

You can get a free Vectis Prime from watching Twitch. Thanks for the weapon slot DE.

Other people are throwing away their Vectis Primes and here I am, sitting on mountains of loot from over a thousand Twitch drops, desperately wanting one.

At the same time I know it'll drop as soon as I buy one from WF Market. :shepface:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

kxZyle posted:

Other people are throwing away their Vectis Primes and here I am, sitting on mountains of loot from over a thousand Twitch drops, desperately wanting one.

At the same time I know it'll drop as soon as I buy one from WF Market. :shepface:

How's the market for Sybaris Prime parts and Rivens on PC? I figured those would take off with PoE

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Volts passive applies to fishing spears.

sepia posted:

thankyou

Bait is far from mandatory. I do recommend that you pay close attention to the bubbling sounds, I find that makes a bigger difference on finding fish than actually looking. This might change now that dye is a reusable bp, but before most of my fishing was naked.

The general bait doesn't really seem to do much tbh. I've been very disappointed in it, save that without it I haven't gotten karkinas. And even then only gotten 3 (compared to like 100+ goopola).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zephyr Hagoromo skin + Halloween color picker orange/yellow = Candy corn warframe. I would post a pic but I can't get screenshots to work with F6/F12 for some reason

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Baits definitely work longer than 30 seconds, at least 1 min 30 sec, up to 3 mins.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I like when steel meridian invades you because it spawns a ton of giant multicolored robo-balls around you and they all immediately go nuts. It makes me laugh every time.

chanza
Apr 25, 2010
Applied to the clan as "grmdrk".

Any tips on getting the massive amounts of Endo needed to max out Serration, Redirection & Vitality?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Johnny Joestar posted:

also every school is actually USEFUL now. i'm kind of eyeing the unairu node that applies bullet attractor to anything you hit with your beam.

Hey that's pretty cool but instead of dragging my beam over some enemies to apply bullet attractor to them, I could just drag my my gun over some enemies to apply death to them. Gets rid of the problem a lot faster.

Most of the new focus things are still terrible, because they're tied to operators (which are terrible for anything that isn't sentient fighting). Yeah I could learn how to throw a cool void-hadouken, but the damage is pathetic. Sure, I could get something that lets me confuse enemies for a few seconds with the void melee thing, but I could also just hit them with a proper melee attack and turn them into chunky salsa.

I used nothing but Zenurik before they changed it, and I'll probably use nothing but Zenurik until they inevitably change it again two years from now. Though I must admit, the affinity share range from Naramon (I think?) is rather enticing.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 19, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

chanza posted:

Any tips on getting the massive amounts of Endo needed to max out Serration, Redirection & Vitality?

Don't max out Redirection and Vitality? Maxed Vitality is only really necessary if you're taking Nidus or Inaros into Some Serious poo poo.

I can't speak for everyone but I only use Redirection when I'm levelling a frame from 0 and it has no worthwhile abilities. I'll throw Vitality on most though, with any space I have leftover

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've actually been really impressed by the focus rework. getting focus itself is always going to be annoying no matter what, but they've actually turned the system and surrounding accessories into things i actually want to use. also every school is actually USEFUL now. i'm kind of eyeing the unairu node that applies bullet attractor to anything you hit with your beam.

pro tip: the upgraded amps already do this as a status proc.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I use Redirection in lieu of Vitality on frames that can recharge their shields on the fly, like Volt and Mag. I usually use both while grinding a new frame so that I'm not too much of a liability, but they're always the first to get tinkered with when I start tuning my build.

And yeah, don't worry too much about maxing them or Serration for a while. Get them a few pips from max and spend the rest of your endo on mods with shallower upgrade pools.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Imo vitality is on the backburner until you have a good way to restore health.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rainuwastaken posted:

Though I must admit, the affinity share range from Naramon (I think?) is rather enticing.

Vazarin, which also has instant revives, so it's pretty dang good.

chanza posted:

Maxing out 10 rank mods is a more long term project. Rank 6 will get you pretty far, I think I did nearly all content on rank 8. Getting to rank 10 costs 4 times as much as getting to rank 8.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Tulip posted:

Vazarin, which also has instant revives, so it's pretty dang good.

I have a couple hundred thousand points in Vaz, but I havent spent them since they did the focus reset. My main issue with it before was that any time I took it, I didn't need it. Even moreso now, since goons rarely go down in the first place, and pubs auto-revive themselves two nanoseconds after dying.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

What're you using in zenurik? Temporal blast? I haven't run out of energy in the plains so the main passive seems a little dumb. It's my second school, so it's not like I'm not using it, it just doesn't seem to add anything.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I just poured all of my points into the energy regen option, yeah. I tend to run high-strength Rhino on the plains for combat, so I'm constantly roaring and stomping my energy bar into submission. Off the plains, I'm even more energy hungry. Vortex-flavored Vauban has been the latest thing that's caught my interest, and I run out of juice in no time if I'm not remembering to refresh my regen.

I figure if I ever find myself sitting around with max energy for long periods of time, I've got too much efficiency slotted. Might as well switch it out for more damage or something. That, or I'm doing easy content that doesn't require the use of powers in the first place, but that's an un-problem.

Temporal Blast seems kinda neat, being an 80% slow for 15 seconds at max rank. But it requires that you connect with an operator melee attack, and anything frightening enough to require that kind of a slow effect is going to turn the operator into beef jerky in nanoseconds. Anything that doesn't do that gets murdered by a tidal wave of Gun. Maybe if it worked on Teralysts, or shot a slow-doken or something.

chanza
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for the advice guys. My Serration is at rank 8 (I played about a year ago maybe for a few weeks? I've got 4-5 frames and just finished the war within) so I guess I'll park that there until I've found and maxed my other mods.

Nalesh posted:

Imo vitality is on the backburner until you have a good way to restore health.

I've noticed health pickups barely seem to drop anymore? I definitely remember them being a thing when I last played. Is there another way of getting HP back reliably or is it just a matter of bringing along a support frame?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

They broke the health orb drops months ago and, while they're aware of it, they haven't fixed it :downs:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ah, I'm using Mirage with 70%efficiency and with 100% uptime on both eclipse and Hall of mirrors I never run out.

I've found the operator pretty good at getting into void blast range if you're fast about void mode and void dash.

chanza posted:

I've noticed health pickups barely seem to drop anymore? I definitely remember them being a thing when I last played. Is there another way of getting HP back reliably or is it just a matter of bringing along a support frame?

Life strike is a popular option, but there's also a mod for furis that makes it leech life pretty generously, and there's an ability for vazarin that lets you heal frames from operator mode (including your own).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

DoombatINC posted:

They broke the health orb drops months ago and, while they're aware of it, they haven't fixed it :downs:
They've been dropping out of lockers and stuff for me at what seems like a normal rate. They're also quite common out of the grineer containers/wildlife in the plains.

chanza posted:

There are several ways, but my preferred method on frames that don't have some form of innate health generation is a Berserker/Blood Rush Hirudo.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Helter Skelter posted:

They've been dropping out of lockers and stuff for me at what seems like a normal rate. They're also quite common out of the grineer containers/wildlife in the plains.

Yeah but they're also supposed to drop from enemies like how energy orbs do, and they presently aren't (unless you're using Oberon or Nekros or something)

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

The problem is that they don't drop from enemies. Ever. Unless you count Desecrate but that's different.

Steve was shocked to hear this.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Okay I'm a little confused here because as far as I can remember, health orbs have never dropped from enemies. Have I simply not been paying attention, or is this something that's been the case since the closed beta and nobody bothered to ask Steve about it for four years?

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I stopped playing shortly after Second Dream released and decided to hop back in for PoE. What are recommended locations/setups for affinity farming/leveling now? Same question for credits and focus.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Okay I'm a little confused here because as far as I can remember, health orbs have never dropped from enemies. Have I simply not been paying attention, or is this something that's been the case since the closed beta and nobody bothered to ask Steve about it for four years?

Steve was streaming a "beginners playthrough" of early Warframe, realized that enemies were not dropping health orbs, and said that it was a bug. Enough time has passed since that stream that either Steve was mistaken and it was not a bug, or it was a bug but has become a deliberate design decision.

I never really paid attention to drops, so I can't say if health dropped when I started playing either.

Prel posted:

I stopped playing shortly after Second Dream released and decided to hop back in for PoE. What are recommended locations/setups for affinity farming/leveling now? Same question for credits and focus.

Credits, go to the Index on Neptune. Middle bet is popular. For affinity, which is also focus, Hydron, Uranus. Take Corrosive Projection and your rapid Grineer murder setup for best results.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Affinity and focus - Hydron, especially "hyper" Hydron, which is Axi defense and happens pretty regularly with better rewards, experience, and slightly higher difficulty. Small Grineer map, the usual dps sources (Banshee, Equinox, Ember, or just a good weapon). Mesa not so much due to limited LoS.

Credits - medium index (or so I'm told) is best, Akkad is not as good but still decent if you feel like lazyfarming with Ember.

Efb

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

chanza posted:

Thanks for the advice guys. My Serration is at rank 8 (I played about a year ago maybe for a few weeks? I've got 4-5 frames and just finished the war within)

I have no idea how people do that quest so quickly. I was MR 11 before I started War Within and I still felt a bit underpowered.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Anywhere particularly good for leveling up baby frames? I still have a bunch I farmed when I was playing before that are sitting at like 0-10.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

They have never dropped from enemies, correct. This surprised Steve on stream, and he declared it a bug, but who knows if it ever got looked into or if they just decided, "Nah, call it a feature."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rainuwastaken posted:

They have never dropped from enemies, correct. This surprised Steve on stream, and he declared it a bug, but who knows if it ever got looked into or if they just decided, "Nah, call it a feature."

I have a suspicion that they have this big white board called "Pipe Dreams" and one of the items next to Damage 3.0. and Melee 2.5. is Enemy Drops and Ammo 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They really hosed the Aksomati and Gammacor with the ammo issue. You need vacuum and ammo case to use either for more than a minute or two.

Also when will we be able to insta-switch weapons?