Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TheFace posted:

I'd pick Goff. I have Jameis on my bench this week as he's be extremely up and down and now has a shoulder injury (just a sprain, but in the throwing shoulder). Arizona has given a decent amount of yards through the air, and decent amount of points per game too.

Thanks. I was leaning Goff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With the Jameis injury I'm thinking of benching Evans. My WR corps in this PPR league is

Brown
Evans
Fitzgerald
Thielen
Amendola

I know Thielen's QB situation isn't really any better but should I start him over Evans?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

With the Jameis injury I'm thinking of benching Evans. My WR corps in this league is

Brown
Evans
Fitzgerald
Thielen
Amendola

I know Thielen's QB situation isn't really any better but should I start him over Evans?

No you're being crazy

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m not benching Evans. I don’t have WR2/3 options that would present an opportunity greater than his talent.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

With the Jameis injury I'm thinking of benching Evans. My WR corps in this PPR league is

Brown
Evans
Fitzgerald
Thielen
Amendola

No. Evans still has a nice game with Fitzmagic playing.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Uhg,

Playing Carr tonight vs KC over Winston who may not play Sunday. That's the right move, right? Guys on the waiver include Eli, Bortles, Siemien, Brissett, Hogan :smith:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Lynch vs Kansas or Garcon vs Dallas for a 0 PPR flex spot? Leaning Garcon

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kloaked00 posted:

Yeah, I would too

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

I'd go with Garcon, but I could just be swayed by my PPR experiences. If nothing else, he's not going up against KC.

TUS posted:

Uhg,

Playing Carr tonight vs KC over Winston who may not play Sunday. That's the right move, right? Guys on the waiver include Eli, Bortles, Siemien, Brissett, Hogan :smith:

Fun dilemma! I'd also go Carr, even with the rough matchup, because I'm extremely down on Winston for this week with his injury and how well that old Fitzmagic worked last week.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

With Hopkins out this week, I need to fill my 2 WR slots. Here's my WRs:

Keenan Allen vs Den
TY Hilton vs Jax
Snead @ GB
Shepard vs Sea

I'm currently leaning Allen and Snead, but Snead especially has me worried given his injury and single-game output. However, Hilton and Shepard don't look great to me either.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cotton Candidasis posted:

With Hopkins out this week, I need to fill my 2 WR slots. Here's my WRs:

Keenan Allen vs Den
TY Hilton vs Jax
Snead @ GB
Shepard vs Sea

I'm currently leaning Allen and Snead, but Snead especially has me worried given his injury and single-game output. However, Hilton and Shepard don't look great to me either.

Tough calls. Allen and Sneed for me but I would cringe to see T.Y. Hilton benched on any roster.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Allen definitely.

The Jacksonville matchup is horrendous, but I don't think there's any way people can be starting WIllie Snead at this point. He played an absurdly low number of snaps last week. I'm sure that will ramp up, but to what extent? I'd go Shepard if he plays, and Hilton if he doesn't and just pray that he manages to break one big play.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

TY's important splits are home/away: he produces much more at home, and atleast has that going for him even though it's against JAX.

Snead has shown little signs of producing anything post suspension+injury and should be benched until one good game.

I think you have to run with Allen and Hilton and be sad about it.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

.5 PPR

Demaryius Thomas or Adrian Peterson

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

.5 PPR

Demaryius Thomas or Adrian Peterson

Thomas

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Should have included him before but, AP or Doug Baldwin?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RisqueBarber posted:

Should have included him before but, AP or Doug Baldwin?

Don’t forget matchups.

AP; he is going up against a very generous LAR.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Don’t forget matchups.

AP; he is going up against a very generous LAR.

Thanks

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
RB/WR flex spot, NE RB Mike Gillislee or NE WR James White? (vs. ATL)

barnold fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 20, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Turdsdown Tom posted:

RB/WR flex spot, NE RB Mike Gillislee or NE WR James White?

Forgot matchups.

This is a poopy predicament. NE goes up against ATL, 22nd ranked defense (which is good for you) for RBs, and they allow top third in receptions to RBs. White has the more firm floor and it should be noted that Gills hit the dog house for a fumble last week.

I’d go White but shook about it.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 19, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Pick my WR2, .5 ppr:

Agholor vs WSH
Funchess @ CHI

and of those, who might you drop next week for Corey Davis? (I have Hopkins and Evans starting).

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Pick my WR2, .5 ppr:

Agholor vs WSH
Funchess @ CHI

and of those, who might you drop next week for Corey Davis? (I have Hopkins and Evans starting).

I'm playing Agholor in the one league I own him in, so that's my choice.

I wouldn't drop either for Corey Davis though.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Suave Fedora posted:

Forgot matchups.

This is a poopy predicament. NE goes up against ATL, 22nd ranked defense (which is good for you) for RBs, and they allow top third in receptions to RBs. White has the more firm floor and it should be noted that Gills hit the dog house for a fumble last week.

Gillislee's upside of being the goal line back, like Blount was last year, hasn't showed up outside of Week 1. i know because I drafted him as my RB2 :shepicide:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

a patagonian cavy posted:

Gillislee's upside of being the goal line back, like Blount was last year, hasn't showed up outside of Week 1. i know because I drafted him as my RB2 :shepicide:

:belichikanery:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm losing my mind trying to figure out if I should start Alex Smith vs Oakland tonight or Matt Ryan vs New England Sunday night.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'm losing my mind trying to figure out if I should start Alex Smith vs Oakland tonight or Matt Ryan vs New England Sunday night.

If you are ahead or on par with your opponent’s projections, go with Safe Smith. Last week was the anomaly against a good PIT defense and OAK’s defense doesn’t scare anybody.

I expect Ryan to improve given the negative attention at the play-calling, but I can’t count out Belichik and Patricia game-planning ATL out of their comfort zones.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
0ppr need to pick a flex:
Amendola vs Atl
Agholor vs Was

I had Amendola in, but I'm leaning toward Agholor now

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

kiimo posted:

I think Atlanta is going to throw a lot.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

Tough calls. Allen and Sneed for me but I would cringe to see T.Y. Hilton benched on any roster.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Allen definitely.

The Jacksonville matchup is horrendous, but I don't think there's any way people can be starting WIllie Snead at this point. He played an absurdly low number of snaps last week. I'm sure that will ramp up, but to what extent? I'd go Shepard if he plays, and Hilton if he doesn't and just pray that he manages to break one big play.

AnacondaHL posted:

TY's important splits are home/away: he produces much more at home, and atleast has that going for him even though it's against JAX.

Snead has shown little signs of producing anything post suspension+injury and should be benched until one good game.

I think you have to run with Allen and Hilton and be sad about it.

Thanks; looks the general consensus is definitely Allen, and probably Hilton, so that's what I will be sadly running with.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffy the janitor posted:

0ppr need to pick a flex:
Amendola vs Atl
Agholor vs Was

I had Amendola in, but I'm leaning toward Agholor now

Hard choice. FantasyPros says that Amendola is a sneaky start against Atlanta, who traditionally has had trouble against that role. OTOH Washington's defense has suffered some serious injury problems. I would probably lean Amendola.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm starting Ryan. I can watch the game tonight and not let fantasy get in the way.

Plus New England pass defense is real bad. And the guy I'm playing has three Atlanta players and he's starting Tom Brady so that game will be fun to watch.

chuck it deep, matt.

edit: plus Hill and Kelce and the line still banged up and I think it's going to be a poo poo ton of Kareem Hunt tonight who I sadly don't own.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
0.5 PPR, 2RB/3RW/1FLX

RB: Todd Gurley [Ari], Mark Ingram [@GB], Duke Johnson [Ten], Marlon Mack [Jax]
WR: Julio Jones [@NE], Stefon Diggs [Bal], Keenan Allen [Den], Amari Cooper [KC], Josh Doctson [@Phi]

Questions:

1. Diggs is currently questionable, and historically he's done extremely poorly when on the injury report. With the rest of my WRs on bye that means either starting Cooper tonight, or ending up with Doctson on Monday. Do you start Cooper in that situation, or do you roll the dice with Diggs as Doctson as a fallback?

2. Given Kizer is back it makes sense to start Johnson in the flex. Agreed?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

0.5 PPR, 2RB/3RW/1FLX

RB: Todd Gurley [Ari], Mark Ingram [@GB], Duke Johnson [Ten], Marlon Mack [Jax]
WR: Julio Jones [@NE], Stefon Diggs [Bal], Keenan Allen [Den], Amari Cooper [KC], Josh Doctson [@Phi]

Questions:

1. Diggs is currently questionable, and historically he's done extremely poorly when on the injury report. With the rest of my WRs on bye that means either starting Cooper tonight, or ending up with Doctson on Monday. Do you start Cooper in that situation, or do you roll the dice with Diggs as Doctson as a fallback?

2. Given Kizer is back it makes sense to start Johnson in the flex. Agreed?

1. Start Cooper. I've seen a lot of trends taking the over tonight.
2. Agreed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Mariota or Wentz?

Marcus is playing gimped but that Brown's matchup is so good. Wentz has been an absolute beast lately though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Benjamin looking less than 50/50, i need to decide on my WR3 and a flex.

.5 PPR

Kelvin Benjamin @CHI
Eric Decker @CLE
Randall Cobb vNO
Marlon Mack vJAX
Wendall Smallwood vWAS
Andre Ellington @LAR

Though i guess Smallwood and Ellington might not even play either.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

VietCampo posted:

With Benjamin looking less than 50/50, i need to decide on my WR3 and a flex.

.5 PPR

Kelvin Benjamin @CHI
Eric Decker @CLE
Randall Cobb vNO
Marlon Mack vJAX
Wendall Smallwood vWAS
Andre Ellington @LAR

Though i guess Smallwood and Ellington might not even play either.

Decker and...Cobb? Maybe Mack is a better bet to score a TD than Cobb?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
0 PPR, 30 return yards/pt

Tyreek @ Oak
Crabtree vs. Chiefs
Doug Baldwin @ NYG

I am also forced into starting Lynch, so maybe I'll just simply bench Crabtree since having 2 players in my lineup on a Thursday for a team that's lost 4 in a row and whose QB has a broken back seems....bad.

Edit: And another horrible choice: pick 2 of these 5 in 0.5 PPR

Buck Allen @ Min
Kamara @ GB
Duke Johnson vs. Tenn
Marshawn vs. KC
Ty Montgomery vs. NO

Kamara and Duke?

coronaball fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 19, 2017

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
0.5 ppr

Martavis Bryant v Cin
Robert Woods vs Ari

I have Bryant in for now but Woods is seeing more targets compared to Bryant and has a tastier match up. Should I make the swap?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
6 PaTD

Wilson @ NYG
Smith @ Oakland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Marklar posted: