Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Do we know if the Mortal Empires map has the chaos invasion like in TWW1? I agree with the goon here who said the final battle of the vortex campaign being carthartic, despite knowing I will win the battle beforehand, I always enjoyed it. Most of my campaigns in TWW1 the chaos invasion felt really anti-climatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ham Sandwiches posted:

More like why do people appoint themselves backseat mods of threads, who gives a poo poo if other people want to speculate on a loving reddit datamined map on a message board, but apparently it's a lot like publishing a paper in a peer reviewed journal

Was your post deleted or in anyway censored? No

Just because the unsubstantiated rumor you were freaking out about was later substantiated doesn't mean freaking out about unsubstantiated rumors is any less stupid.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

There is so much that makes no sense in this screenshot.

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Fans posted:

Despite being bad at killing large units you need the mass of cavalry to actually stop the things running away while your spears murder them.

You have so many spears though. So many.
I tried to lure away and kite some of the feral carnosaurs with Ellyrian reavers and Silverhelms. The dinos just caught them and ate them :saddowns:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

PlushCow posted:

Do we know if the Mortal Empires map has the chaos invasion like in TWW1? I agree with the goon here who said the final battle of the vortex campaign being carthartic, despite knowing I will win the battle beforehand, I always enjoyed it. Most of my campaigns in TWW1 the chaos invasion felt really anti-climatic.

Yeah they said it'll have the invasion, but that it will originate from multiple directions so you won't be able to hide in the jungle and wait for the whole thing to blow over

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

peer posted:

Yeah they said it'll have the invasion, but that it will originate from multiple directions so you won't be able to hide in the jungle and wait for the whole thing to blow over

That's good to hear, more so the multiple fronts aspect. It'll feel more end game-esc. when suddenly factions from across the world start dropping like flies.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Idk if this is fuel for the insanity fire, but the map that was datamined and the minimap in the screenshot above aren't actually the same maps, they didn't include the north or east (since thats game 3 territory) and some of the small seas are much more pronounced once you add topography.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 19, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

first cheater mods and now this!

Radious when?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Please do not appoint yourself in charge of discourse, or try to declare what is and is not acceptable for other people to discuss. Especially when you were wrong - it was the real map and there was no reason other people should wait to comment to satisfy you, a person that is simply inhibiting discourse from being 100% wrong.

Hey nerd, simmer down. None of us want stupid slap fights about poo poo that may or may not be an issue. It's not like this thing isn't coming out soon which will allow us to gauge exactly how it plays out and THEN get into stupid slap fights about how triggered we are because the flora and fauna aren't modeled precisely the way we envisioned.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 19, 2017

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mazz posted:

Idk if this is fuel for the insanity fire, but the map that was datamined and the minimap in the screenshot above aren't actually the same maps, they didn't include the north or east (since thats game 3 territory) and some of the small seas are much more pronounced once you add topography.

Hm yes imagine if people had been commenting and offering their opinions on the map for a day or two in the thread dedicated to the game here at Something Awful, and then this video came out and they ever so slightly had to revise their previous statements. It's a good thing didn't happen, it would have been catastrophic.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Mazz posted:

The minimap there is, I'm pretty sure, not showing the entire thing. It doesn't even show the north of the empire or Norsca or Kislev or the main bit of Naggaroth, all of which we know is in the map.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Hm yes imagine if people had been commenting and offering their opinions on the map for a day or two in the thread dedicated to the game here at Something Awful, and then this video came out and they ever so slightly had to revise their previous statements. It's a good thing didn't happen, it would have been catastrophic.

ARe you on drugs/sleep deprived? Jesus man chill out and take care of yourself.

Anyway that trailer was sick, glad they put in dwarf v elf. As a dwarf I personally will never war with the elf’s, my friends in the battle against chaos. Also how did Karl Franz get into lustria in that one screenshot? It seems like the mini map in that screenshot isn’t showing the whole map, as norsca isn’t in it. Might be showing the south and west border though

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

They could've ignored what I said and did that anyway.

Anyways to end this, I'm not going to apologize to you for what I said because its still 100% true, but had I known it was going to boil inside you for 3-4 days and lead to this conversation I wouldn't have said anything at all. Continue with speculating to your heart's content.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mazz posted:

Continue with speculating to your heart's content.

Fair enough, and I'm interested to see the Mortal Empires campaign release, which doesn't seem to be too far off at this point. I'm glad CA decided to do something more comprehensive than just a series of one offs, I think it was the right decision long term.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shut uuuuuuppppppp

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

peer posted:

Potentially problematic if you need to smash Archaon to relieve chaos corruption and he's on the other side of the board or the Warherd is going solid snake, but we'll see!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol when is chaos corruption ever a problem

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Real (lizard)men march their armies across the world to punk Archaon at the earliest opportunity. Because his raison d'etre is getting kicked in the nuts and running away. :colbert:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

lol when is chaos corruption ever a problem

My pretty pretty provinces :smith:

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
A thought just occurred to me: what if Araby is included in the likely 'Southern Realms' DLC along with Estalia and Tilea? They're all three meant to be mercantile cultures that rely heavily on mercenaries rather than standing national armies, so they could share a roster with units drawn from all three regions. Each legendary lord would buff the units drawn from their own homeland.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 19, 2017

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

My pretty pretty provinces :smith:

The latent vampiric corruption in the deserts is the worst because it stands out so much and ends up just being this ugly zerg creep splotch directly underneath the cities. And it never goes away!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Skink chiefs are awesome and don’t get nearly enough love

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Araby actually has a pretty fleshed-out roster thanks to their inclusion in Warmaster

They have heavy cavalry called Arabian Knights :v:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Had a second bluescreen (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) which Google implies is hardware related during the same (large) battle. Had no bluescreens in the previous 180 turns and battles, got a pretty decent specced PC, rarely get bluescreens. Anybody else had anything like this?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Skink chiefs are awesome and don’t get nearly enough love

I love them on terradons where they can zip around the enemies backline and tactically apply poison because holy poo poo they have like 90 some-odd ammo buffed and the single shot + flanking nature keeps him from poisoning your own dudes as often.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Jeza posted:

Had a second bluescreen (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) which Google implies is hardware related during the same (large) battle. Had no bluescreens in the previous 180 turns and battles, got a pretty decent specced PC, rarely get bluescreens. Anybody else had anything like this?

Yeah I've had a couple of CTDs and one bluescreen in Warhammer 2. Never had any problems with the first game and can't even remember the last time I had a bluescreen

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Foulbrood posted:

I tried to lure away and kite some of the feral carnosaurs with Ellyrian reavers and Silverhelms. The dinos just caught them and ate them :saddowns:

Fast food :rimshot:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Tomb Kings theory: If Skaven are to Lizards as Dark Elves are to High Elves, the nemesis of Tomb Kings will be rogue armies comprised of explorers and marauders trying to steal their lucky charms.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Deified Data posted:

Tomb Kings theory: If Skaven are to Lizards as Dark Elves are to High Elves, the nemesis of Tomb Kings will be rogue armies comprised of explorers and marauders trying to steal their lucky charms.

Its actually the Vampire Counts

:colbert:

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Count Chocula Legendairy Lord confirmed!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey it looks like Skrolk's plague priest recruitment skill is bugged, the second rank loses you global recruitment

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

LordAbaddon posted:

Its actually the Vampire Counts

:colbert:

Yeah, one of the potential shoe in Legendary Lords, Queen Khalida, is all about waging a holy crusade to kill all sabertooth motherfuckers.

The TK's hatred of vampires is basically genocidal.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also looks like dwarves will still become a crazy superpower in the late game. Steam store page has a picture of the minimap showing them holding most of the old world by turn 200. So there's that.

Still can't wait. Gonna be amazing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Goddammit CA's got me hooked on this DLC train something fierce. Now that Mortal Empires is just over the horizon I should be stoked to settle down and really get into this game, but now I'm just pining for Tomb Kings. I am the ur-consumer.

Also lol at the Ham Sandwich bomb out of nowhere, he's real good at this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Psycho Landlord posted:

Also lol at the Ham Sandwich bomb out of nowhere, he's real good at this.
I'd been wondering where I'd seen that posting style before, so I double checked and sure enough, the Bitcoin thread. :lol:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Have they said anything about potential new starting positions for the races in Mortal Empires? What i mean is for instance can you choose to start somewhere in the New Worlds as Dwarves for instance or are we locked to the tried and true spawns?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dongattack posted:

Have they said anything about potential new starting positions for the races in Mortal Empires? What i mean is for instance can you choose to start somewhere in the New Worlds as Dwarves for instance or are we locked to the tried and true spawns?

We only know Queek starts somewhere near K8P and Teclis got moved since his start is off the map. No word on any of the Game 1 starts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fans posted:

I think people were just arguing that it might be wrong, not that it would cause the apocalypse

Your avatar is still the loving best.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, one of the potential shoe in Legendary Lords, Queen Khalida, is all about waging a holy crusade to kill all sabertooth motherfuckers.

The TK's hatred of vampires is basically genocidal.

exception for Arkhan the Black, one of Nagash's few remaining loyal lieutenants

and by "few" we mean "it's literally only him, he is the only one, all the ones that don't have access to Tomb King regeneration when killed have long since been annihilated by either the order of Settra or the hobby of Khalida, and Arkhan's only avoided being turned into ammunition for one of Settra's catapults by the long-dead skin of his long-dead teeth"

there are a very small number of ways to permanently inconvenience a Tomb King, but Settra thought it was worth developing some

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm amazed that some people thought the datamined map was wrong, there were so many different sources that had essentially confirmed it a week ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can not wait for radious to redesign the map