Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

JawnV6 posted:

Wait, just because Netflix would develop the app it would be wholly free for Nintendo?

There's no coordination on UI, no need to give their developers any SDK, any development units, any help debugging if they get stuck. Completely impossible that the OS isn't optimized for the use case of streaming video and it would need internal resources to divert and focus on that instead of video recording for games. Yeah, just one word from company to company, and an app pops up fully formed and working.

I learn so much about development from this thread.

You thought this made you sound smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
People who want to go 100% physical are people who never had the amazing 1990's experience of someone stealing your entire CD collection out of your car because it was in a big binder on your front seat, leaving you with a shelf full of empty useless cases at home.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

JawnV6 posted:

Wait, just because Netflix would develop the app it would be wholly free for Nintendo?

There's no coordination on UI, no need to give their developers any SDK, any development units, any help debugging if they get stuck. Completely impossible that the OS isn't optimized for the use case of streaming video and it would need internal resources to divert and focus on that instead of video recording for games. Yeah, just one word from company to company, and an app pops up fully formed and working.

shut the gently caress up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

People who want to go 100% physical are people who never had the amazing 1990's experience of someone stealing your entire CD collection out of your car because it was in a big binder on your front seat, leaving you with a shelf full of empty useless cases at home.

By the time I started to drive, I was already burning MP3 cds and leaving the originals at home.:smug:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, I will definitely pick it up post-Odyssey if it turns out half as good as the blurbs I read about it made it sound. Hopefully someone takes the plunge and can report back!

I was gonna pick it up, but even if it ends up being a short game, I dunno if I can plow through it in 3 days since I'll probably be playing Mario Odyssey into 2018. So I'll just wait as well. Who knows, maybe it'll even be on sale by then!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

yeah apple gave me a lot of 1-on-1 help for my fart app lol

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Imagined posted:

I go physical so I can sell games after I play them you nerd

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Modus Pwnens posted:

You thought this made you sound smart.

There are very few posters on these forums more knowledgeable about hardware/software development than JawnV6

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone wanna buy my copy of Splatoon 2?
I tried real hard to get into it but it never clicked.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDSqODtEFM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, yeah I know. That's exactly what my friends said but I like the dope style WAY more than actually playing it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
FE Warriors is out in North America (on the east coast at least)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The Splatoon 2 servers were down earlier tonight, so I sold my copy. Can’t let that potential value burn a whole hole in my pocket. Once the servers were back up I bought the digital version and got a cool 60 Nintendo eshop funcents - pure profit

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

creationist believer posted:

The Splatoon 2 servers were down earlier tonight, so I sold my copy. Can’t let that potential value burn a whole hole in my pocket. Once the servers were back up I bought the digital version and got a cool 60 Nintendo eshop funcents - pure profit

I try to imagine being that person and decide there's not enough drugs to get me there.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

Did you give Salmon Run and Ranked Modes a go? Salmon run especially feels way different from the usual turf wars

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I saw a stream of Jackbox Party Pack 4 and all the new games seemed terrible.

I guess if you absolutely must have Fibbage on the Switch

Haven't seen any of the new games but if it is a dud you can't go wrong with Jackbox Packs 1 through 3, which are all available on the Nintendo switch eshop.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Did you give Salmon Run and Ranked Modes a go? Salmon run especially feels way different from the usual turf wars

I did and it was perfectly fine. Honestly I get why people love it but it's just not engaging to me beyond the very dope style.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Imagined posted:

i prefer being able to sell back games to fund new ones, but i played sunshine well past when the wii was released so im confident odyssey is worth digital

also, someone can just steal your switch, its not really any different then the cd case holder in that regard

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

i prefer being able to sell back games to fund new ones, but i played sunshine well past when the wii was released so im confident odyssey is worth digital

also, someone can just steal your switch, its not really any different then the cd case holder in that regard

You did take several photos of yourself holding your drivers license, most recent newspaper, receipt, Switch with serial number showing, and Switch packaging with serial number showing the day you bought it right? Because then you can easily get your games transferred when someone steals your Switch.

Not your save files though, rip

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The ps1 Serial Experiments Lain game would be perfect on the Switch

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

There are very few posters on these forums more knowledgeable about hardware/software development than JawnV6

Yeah, well, my uncle works for Nintendo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Meh. Don't buy digital for physical games.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 20, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I get why people want to go full digital (they're retarded) and there isn't anything wrong with thaaaaaaaa

No, they are wrong. You are paying full price for nothing. You are part of the problem.

Who hurt you so?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never buy a physical game for the switch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

I will never buy a physical game for the switch.
I might buy exactly one just to stick in the cartridge slot and leave it there so it gets some use.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I buy digital and physical because all Nintendoes are good and proper

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Who would win, this guy or the guy with the huge jeans with huge pockets?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol Did they really just release a port of a 15 year old adventure game for $30 on its own when there are two sequels

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

Meh. Don't buy digital for physical games.

This, also I long for the halcyon days when I had to keep track of the CD for every PC game I owned and if it happened to get scratched or lost I had to go buy a new copy

curse you, Steam, you ruined PC gaming :argh:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Try eBay. I was able to get back almost exactly what I paid for it which after 120 hours of playtime was pretty sweet imo.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Frankston posted:

Try eBay. I was able to get back almost exactly what I paid for it which after 120 hours of playtime was pretty sweet imo.

And that is why you buy physical!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

You did take several photos of yourself holding your drivers license, most recent newspaper, receipt, Switch with serial number showing, and Switch packaging with serial number showing the day you bought it right? Because then you can easily get your games transferred when someone steals your Switch.

Not your save files though, rip

No it's cool I'll just follow the better process of getting my stolen cartridges back which is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why do people care so much how other people like to buy their games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because if it's not the way I do it then it's WRONG same as every other nerd argument on the internet

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

The ps1 Serial Experiments Lain game would be perfect on the Switch

if i ever won the lottery i would do this. im not joking.

or at the very least fund someone to localize the original game, like ive read translations but i wanna experience it ya know

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

Why do people care so much how other people like to buy their games?

BECAUSE

People should adhere to my life policy

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Amazon let me down and haven't dispatched my fire emblem warriors, I have had to download it digitally because I refuse to wait one more day to play this very average game!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They still showed no delivery estimate for me earlier this week so I cancelled and went somewhere else, Amazon are insanely lovely at delivering Nintendo games on time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Imagined posted:

About 10 years ago my house was broken into, a lot of my games were stolen (mostly X-box/360 stuff). They also took all my DS game cases, but the carts themselves weren't in the cases. So they got the empty game cases. But now I'm left with a bunch of carts and no cases for them. :(

e: I'm picking FEW later on today from Smyths. I never pre-order from Amazon unless I want to wait a week for it.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

They still showed no delivery estimate for me earlier this week so I cancelled and went somewhere else, Amazon are insanely lovely at delivering Nintendo games on time.

How are they with other games? I know they've had issues with Nintendo before but, I've heard some complaints with them about game delivery in general.

• Locked thread