Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

sepia posted:

The best part of running 20+ streams all the time is that I finally get enough nitain to build all the weird masks

5 nitain for a mask for nezha, a frame I rarely play? sure whynot

I felt this way about a mask for Inaros, but then I saw that it needed 2000 cryotic :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chanza
Apr 25, 2010
So I was doing a few relics last night for Forma, and I got a couple of Carrier Prime drops. I ended up with everything except the cerebrum, so I had a quick look on the wiki to see what it dropped from.

Turns out, it's vaulted, and I probably burned through ~10 vaulted relics without realizing it :smith:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So, since I've been out for a month, after linking my Twitch account I just need to pull up as many streams as my RAM allows and every time they get an achievement I get something? Something good?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Prisma Angstrum any good, or is it just a shiny, worse Kulstar?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is Prisma Angstrum any good, or is it just a shiny, worse Kulstar?

It's better than the regular Angstrum but that's not saying much.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So, since I've been out for a month, after linking my Twitch account I just need to pull up as many streams as my RAM allows and every time they get an achievement I get something? Something good?

A fuckload of fireworks, nearly as many Latron blueprints (that you can sell for a suprisingly decent chunk of cash), occasional neurodes/nitain, random other poo poo - heard of everything from other blueprints to color palettes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

90% of what you get will be fireworks and Latron BPs, but you get some cool poo poo too. I have enough Nitain to build two primes and I got a free Wyrm from yesterday's haul alone.

Set the streams to 160p to help yourself out. Also look for streamers doing achievement runs, or new players.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

chanza posted:

So I was doing a few relics last night for Forma, and I got a couple of Carrier Prime drops. I ended up with everything except the cerebrum, so I had a quick look on the wiki to see what it dropped from.

Turns out, it's vaulted, and I probably burned through ~10 vaulted relics without realizing it :smith:

Don't feel bad I burn vaulted relics every time i run void rifts cause I'm to lazy to check whats vaulted.

The best things you can get from the streams are a fully built Vectis Prime with a potato, smoke color palette, and Frost Harka skin.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

90% of what you get will be fireworks and Latron BPs, but you get some cool poo poo too. I have enough Nitain to build two primes and I got a free Wyrm from yesterday's haul alone.

Set the streams to 160p to help yourself out. Also look for streamers doing achievement runs, or new players.

the only issue with new players is if there view count is low you cant change their stream to 160p.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm assuming they don't have to be in the foreground or in focus and I just automagically get the rewards.

Also, yesterday I logged in and got a SECOND Frost Prime notification, as well as a Soma Prime notification. Cool?

They seem to be giving away a lot of stuff.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm assuming they don't have to be in the foreground or in focus and I just automagically get the rewards.

Also, yesterday I logged in and got a SECOND Frost Prime notification, as well as a Soma Prime notification. Cool?

They seem to be giving away a lot of stuff.

correct. I had about 10 going, and probably got around 100 mails over the course of 4 hours. Remember to check back on the streams every few hours because they will either have stopped streaming or hosting someone else. I'll be running a bunch while at work and I am a bit scared to see how many mails i come home to.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Did I mess up selling Fulmination for 230p? I bought it for like 80 a month ago but I wasn't sure if something seriously changed

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Holyshoot posted:

the only issue with new players is if there view count is low you cant change their stream to 160p.

ah, I haven't run into that yet, but yeah that'd be a dealbreaker.

I'm trying to at least throw these streamers a follow to help their stats, because I feel bad that they are effectively playing to an empty room as we all minimize the poo poo out of their tabs.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So, is the Prisma Gorgon worth it if I have a Soma Prime?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Archonex posted:

So, is the Prisma Gorgon worth it if I have a Soma Prime?

It's worth mastery. But that's about it

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It's worth mastery. But that's about it

Damnit. I saw someone just single-handedly annihilate a Terralyst with one a few days back and was wondering if it's stats were altered or something. :argh:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there a more advanced "Here are the game systems / progression" summary? I'm returning from a while back and a lot of the new systems seem confusing. There are vault relics that someone mentioned, the incubator apparently does something, and now the plains. I did read through the OP but didn't see much beyond the newbie guide.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Archonex posted:

Damnit. I saw someone just single-handedly annihilate a Terralyst with one a few days back and was wondering if it's stats were altered or something. :argh:

Yeah it's probably a 5 disposition Riven. My Gorgon Wraith is now Soma Prime with one and I'm assuming Prisma will be even better

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah it's probably a 5 disposition Riven. My Gorgon Wraith is now Soma Prime with one and I'm assuming Prisma will be even better

drat. So i'm guessing it's a skip then if i'm good on mastery. Shame. Thing looks nice, visually speaking.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Oh geez, weebology is still streaming.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Archonex posted:

drat. So i'm guessing it's a skip then if i'm good on mastery. Shame. Thing looks nice, visually speaking.

Yeah. Okay/bad weapons with high disposition is basically my entire arsenal. Sometimes people ask me about my questionable loadout.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I got a decent riven for my Prisma Gorgon and it beats my Soma P, but only with the riven. Then again, not much does.

It's a prime example of a really fun gun that's good but not great, that a riven helps bring up to par.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

metasynthetic posted:

I got a decent riven for my Prisma Gorgon and it beats my Soma P, but only with the riven. Then again, not much does.

It's a prime example of a really fun gun that's good but not great, that a riven helps bring up to par.

Beating Soma Prime is way better than par though

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I still don't even know what a riven is but that sounds neat

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

S.J. posted:

It's pretty unnecessary and the grind for the resource to make random stat rolls will make you hate yourself.

You can spend 2 hours and end up with nothing.

You can, however, turn transmissions off which eliminates the annoying enemy voices

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

S.J. posted:

Rivens are special late-game mods that are randomly generated, limited to one weapon and given any number of stats. The weaker the weapon, the stronger the disposition, the wilder the riven. Example:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Tornhelm posted:

Just an FYI, weebology is back speedrunning on Twitch and is now on his 24th account to farm out quick drops for everyone.

Edit: He's currently ticking at 16 achievements every 30 minutes.

I can't believe he's still going. I'm gonna have to get some bits to throw at him.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

DoombatINC posted:

Rivens are special late-game mods that are randomly generated, limited to one weapon and given any number of stats. The weaker the weapon, the stronger the disposition, the wilder the riven. Example:

So this is what bloodlust feels like.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Archonex posted:

i think that might have been me, if you mean that eidolon kill a few nights ago where i kind of haphazardly pulled in some people and managed to get a full kill with a brilliant eidolon shard

i dunno how much my gorgon was contributing but it's a pretty solid critical weapon. i have a suboptimal riven on it which mostly provides extra heat damage

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ive got a twin grak riven tht put me over 100% crit. Love that damned thing. Wish I could share screen grabs from PS4 here. Anyone got an idea how to do so?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm crying and I think it's out of joy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

DoombatINC posted:

GRAM.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm stealing your ship design. It's mine now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The mantis skin is even better! That skull is going fast!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

But... why?

WHY DOES THE SKULL HAVE A MUSTACHE!?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rorac posted:

But... why?

WHY DOES THE SKULL HAVE A MUSTACHE!?

Because it's a Mexican skull and death shall not prevent Mexicans from being fashionable. :colbert:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Waaay back before the DotD skins were out and the only thing we had heard was that there were going to be some Halloween skins, everyone was like "oh it's just going to be dump spoooky crap, whatever"

Then that update hit and we all actually saw the jolly skulls, instantly changing the tune to "THIS IS WONDERFUL"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I bought 3 weapon skins and they're lovely. Silva and Aegis and Sobek are especially good

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What is that tadpole design and where do I get it? I couldn't see it in customization menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Prisma naberus and wysat dotd at baro