Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, it's been garbage for years. Matty Johns show all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

I'm fine with the footy show being axed, that show has been limping for years

I have not watched more than on minute this century.

Nrl360 is far superior, however Paul Kent the hypocritical prick can die in a fire.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bowmore posted:

I'm fine with the footy show being axed, that show has been limping for years

:agreed:

It wasn't even that long ago when they had a segment purely to racially stereotype players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTriclPvVws

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Racial stereotypes are about 93% of Beau Ryan's schtick.

edit: Cronk is likely to play on, Roosters favourites to fit him under their Salary Sombrero. No idea what that'd mean for Pearce and Keary.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 20, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Racial stereotypes are about 93% of Beau Ryan's schtick.

edit: Cronk is likely to play on, Roosters favourites to fit him under their Salary Sombrero. No idea what that'd mean for Pearce and Keary.

Salary cap working as expected (team with massively stacked lineup buys the NSW fullback and QLD halfback in the same offseason).

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Salary cap working as expected (team with massively stacked lineup buys the NSW fullback and QLD halfback in the same offseason).
Yeah, what the actual gently caress

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Oh but they're dropping Friend who can't even get a rep game to make room

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Oh but they're dropping Friend who can't even get a rep game to make room

That would be the dumbest thing they could do, I hope it happens.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
In unrelated news, the Cunts will have the biggest marquee known to man sitting outside SFS for all home games next year.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Jono C posted:

In unrelated news, the Cunts will have the biggest marquee known to man sitting outside SFS for all home games next year.

that'll be impressive for the 4,000 fans at the game.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

gently caress, they're going to double their attendance?

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Nice to see England turn it on against a group of amateur players. Can't wait for us to get slaughtered when facing a remotely competent team :yayclod:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

In before Roosters dump Pearce and then Tigers pick him up :v:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

This loving great game played by degenerate gently caress ups diddling .... to get their slot, time, whatever.

Half the teams are vaping their history and trying to soft sideline anything that looks complicated.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Abalone Malone posted:

Receipts will show that there were no less than 75,000 in the marquee.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

In before Roosters dump Pearce and then Tigers pick him up :v:

Oh god no

If that happened will our mysterious benefactor replace anastars with pearctars?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Oh god no

If that happened will our mysterious benefactor replace anastars with pearctars?

Pearce is an excellent first grade halfback. Reminder that you currently have Luke loving Brooks in that position.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I would take pearce at canberra

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Pearce is an excellent first grade halfback. Reminder that you currently have Luke loving Brooks in that position.

Everyone is good until they come into our dumpster fire "system". I've lost count how many players have left us and won premierships or come to us as winners and turned into scrubs.

I assume if Brooks left he'd have a premiership ring within three years, much like Moses may well have soon.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Everyone is good until they come into our dumpster fire "system". I've lost count how many players have left us and won premierships or come to us as winners and turned into scrubs.

I assume if Brooks left he'd have a premiership ring within three years, much like Moses may well have soon.
Yep. Pearce goes to poo poo when he pulls on a Blues jersey, just imagine what would happen when he puts on a Tigers jersey.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

hey now, not like he went to storm or cowboys.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I'd rather have Brooks at a fraction of the price. Plus you don't have to deal with Pearce's drama and baggage.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
or his, uh, 'proclivities'

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

I'd rather have Brooks at a fraction of the price. Plus you don't have to deal with Pearce's drama and baggage.

I'm sure we'll decide to buy Pearce and then offer brooks a raise. It's the kind of stupid thing we do. Much like when we had four speciality hookers in the team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Pearce is on 800k and Brooks was resigned for 550k(lol). I know who I'd want for those contracts and it aint Brooks.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
I like the bit where Pearce has been playing for the roosters for 10 years and they are immediately chasing a better half back with only a few good playing years left. Like how poo poo must you be feeling if you were Mitch right now? 10 years of your life to a club that couldn't give two shits about you.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Pearce is on 800k and Brooks was resigned for 550k(lol). I know who I'd want for those contracts and it aint Brooks.

We all know Pearce is on a lot more than that if you count the brown paper bags he gets every week.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Brooks will be good in a few years and a club change

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

In Superleague, yeah.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

This is basically the wests tigers theme song, just sub in a different name each time

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/98281620/warriors-captain-roger-tuivasasheck-considering-all-blacks-switch

Tuivasa-Sheck is saying he wants to go to union ahead of the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

Realistically, the only team he could play for at the test level is the All Blacks, and if he presumably becomes a fullback/winger, he'll have quite a few players to get ahead of - Ben Smith, Israel Dagg, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Matt Duffie, David Havili, Damian Mackenzie, just to name a few.

It's probably a ploy to raise his salary, I'd say.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/98281620/warriors-captain-roger-tuivasasheck-considering-all-blacks-switch

Tuivasa-Sheck is saying he wants to go to union ahead of the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

Realistically, the only team he could play for at the test level is the All Blacks, and if he presumably becomes a fullback/winger, he'll have quite a few players to get ahead of - Ben Smith, Israel Dagg, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Matt Duffie, David Havili, Damian Mackenzie, just to name a few.

It's probably a ploy to raise his salary, I'd say.
most likely

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
30 point margin to the Aussies tonight.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I apologise for my stance on Macklemore at the Grand Final, bring him the gently caress back right now instead of whatever this is.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Is this an Aussie warcry? No...

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The rise bullshit and speechifying is a bit bullshit. Just fucken get into it you cunts.

E: gently caress that was the lamest war cry ever.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Well that was weird.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The old don't throw it to the halfback on the last play.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This is scrappy but entertaining at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

MiniSune posted:

This is scrappy but entertaining at least.

Yeah, much closer than expected.

England could win this

• Locked thread