Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Dienes posted:

I knew the move to the Switch was coming, but I'm so bummed about it. We own a Switch, but everyone in our house plays pokemon. Not looking forward to sharing a system for a game we all put hundreds of hours in apiece, with a shorter battery life as a portable system. No clue how we'd be able to trade pokemon, either.

I would prefer Pokemon to stay on a dedicated portable myself but it's just not a good idea business wise. The writing has been on the wall ever since the 3DS turned out to be such a bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Ogmius815 posted:

the 3DS turned out to be such a bust.

what

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

In the sense that it wasn't as successful as its predecessor and mobile gaming is clearly moving toward cell phones generally.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Ogmius815 posted:

In the sense that it wasn't as successful as its predecessor and mobile gaming is clearly moving toward cell phones generally.

I feel that the 3DS was much more successful than the DS. I've certainly been using it longer. And it's more successful than any other non-cell phone mobile platform.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

OgreNoah posted:

I feel that the 3DS was much more successful than the DS. I've certainly been using it longer. And it's more successful than any other non-cell phone mobile platform.

The DS sold even better than the Game Boy if I remember correctly, or very nearly as well.

The 3DS wasn't a failure, but it didn't sell even close to that well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

I mean, mobile gaming trended towards phones since everyone has one on them. I still love my 3DS for being something that actually plays games instead of glorified slot machines / money pits.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The DS is the second best selling console of all time, and about a million units apart from the PS2 at 154 million sold. Original flavor GB sold about 118 million.

The 3DS has sold about 68 million, which puts it at the 10th best selling console of all time just behind the GBA and PSP.

Like 3DS wasn't a failure by any metric, but it wasn't the insane success the DS was either.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Star Man posted:

You ever wonder what kind of trip you would get if you ate Paras's mushrooms?

ER

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zore posted:

The DS is the second best selling console of all time, and about a million units apart from the PS2 at 154 million sold. Original flavor GB sold about 118 million.

The 3DS has sold about 68 million, which puts it at the 10th best selling console of all time just behind the GBA and PSP.

Like 3DS wasn't a failure by any metric, but it wasn't the insane success the DS was either.

wait, the psp sold more units than the 3ds?

even with how old the psp is, I can't wrap my head around this

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Left spore hospital, right spore cemetery. The Paras' left and right, or yours? Time to gamble, make your choice.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

PSP was sold until 2014 in Japan, at which point the anime boob games on it migrated to PS Vita. It was so popular even after 3DS and Vita launched that Sony was hiding Vita sales by combining PSP and Vita numbers.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 21, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm about, oh, a year or so behind on the thread, but I managed to get my hands on two extra Marshadow codes if people need them, just send me a PM or reply in the thread if you do.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kurieg posted:

I'm about, oh, a year or so behind on the thread, but I managed to get my hands on two extra Marshadow codes if people need them, just send me a PM or reply in the thread if you do.

Please and thank you. I don't have PMs but email me at something not needed because you sent it, thank you.

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 21, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Kurieg posted:

Could I get one, please?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648223129

Shedinja is the yata garasu of pokemon.

e: this one is less than 130 turns

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Thank you for posting fun battle videos all the time.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sent

CuddlyZombie posted:

Could I get one, please?

Sent

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pokemon Go is a cool idea that was executed so horribly

Basing Pokemon catching on population density misses like the whole point of the games

I'm lucky to be in California where I imagine being sort of close to Niantic headquarters made it so my area wasn't lovely. But yeah, they really stiffed people with their original trailer of random model actors chasing Pokemon in the wilds by climbing rocks and hiking to unpopulated vistas to catch a Charizard.

It would have been really neat to say go camping/visit Yosemite National Park and find really cool, rare Pokemon to catch but the reality is that you'll have lovely service and the game won't load and even if you had military-grade private satellite connection, you'll find next to poo poo out there. You have to walk around congested traffic downtown San Francisco in the stench of piss and crammed in touristy piers to find the best swath of useful things to catch. Enjoy your bumper-to-bumper commute and overpriced parking to get there.

e: Kinda funny to think the only thing that came true from the original trailer so far was just the catching and the boss battle at the end, and that I just got my first Mewtwo today with a small group of 10 people because Mewtwo's a pushover.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 21, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

The PSP sold more than the GBA. 106 million units.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Willsun posted:

I'm lucky to be in California where I imagine being sort of close to Niantic headquarters made it so my area wasn't lovely. But yeah, they really stiffed people with their original trailer of random model actors chasing Pokemon in the wilds by climbing rocks and hiking to unpopulated vistas to catch a Charizard.

It would have been really neat to say go camping/visit Yosemite National Park and find really cool, rare Pokemon to catch but the reality is that you'll have lovely service and the game won't load and even if you had military-grade private satellite connection, you'll find next to poo poo out there. You have to walk around congested traffic downtown San Francisco in the stench of piss and crammed in touristy piers to find the best swath of useful things to catch. Enjoy your bumper-to-bumper commute and overpriced parking to get there.

e: Kinda funny to think the only thing that came true from the original trailer so far was just the catching and the boss battle at the end, and that I just got my first Mewtwo today with a small group of 10 people because Mewtwo's a pushover.

I am from and currently live in the same town as that girl that found a dead body while looking for a water Pokémon on her phone. That's my Pokémon GO story.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Manatee Cannon posted:

PSP was a pretty hot MP3/Media player.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I am Reverend posted:

i wonder if he had literally nothing to hit shedinja at that point or if he was just mad. surely lando at least had rocks

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So, in Pokémon Sun/Moon is there anything worthwhile to do after the credits?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

You get to hang out with the greatest pokemon character of all time and also catch a bunch of extremely cool interdimensional mons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

quoting so i can watch it when im off my phone

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

spend time within the company of your loved ones

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tarquinn posted:

The Battle Tree and Ultra Beast catching or Looker and Anabel for a given definition of "worthwhile."

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Tarquinn posted:

Catch Necrozma and keep it from stealing Alola's light.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Nth Doctor posted:

Catch Necrozma and keep it from stealing Alola's light.

Or leave off catching it until US/UM comes out and you know what nature you should be getting on it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tarquinn posted:

The Looker plot is, as per usual, very good and absolutely worth doing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

did you do the Sad Eevee quest?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

McDragon posted:

did you do the Sad Eevee quest?

Is that to get the Eeveeium Z?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
In English, the plural of a pokemon's name is the same name. As in, you can't have multiple Oddishes, you have multiple Oddish.

Does anyone know if this is the same in French, German, etc. e.g. is the plural of "Mystherbe" "Mystherbes" or "Mystherbe"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I guess US/UM are the last mainline Pokemon games I'm getting, then.

There is no way I'm buying a Switch just for pokemon, and even if I did, I play the game because its easy and a fun way to pass the time on travel or like reading a book before going to sleep. gently caress if I would travel with a Switch or keep one next to my bed..

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AlternateNu posted:

There is no way I'm buying a Switch just for pokemon, and even if I did, I play the game because its easy and a fun way to pass the time on travel or like reading a book before going to sleep. gently caress if I would travel with a Switch or keep one next to my bed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hammerite posted:

In English, the plural of a pokemon's name is the same name. As in, you can't have multiple Oddishes, you have multiple Oddish.

Does anyone know if this is the same in French, German, etc. e.g. is the plural of "Mystherbe" "Mystherbes" or "Mystherbe"

pokepedia.fr posted:

Deux Zarbi sont venus se rajouter lors de la troisième génération

zarbi is unown

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

condolences on not playing the new mario

my heart will go on

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

AlternateNu posted:

The Switch is an excellent portable console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I use my Switch 100% portable (besides docking it once to play Mario Kart just to see what it was like) and have no regrets, you might come around on that.