Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So I don’t get it, I can now play as Robin except I can’t? He can just pair up and support someone?

On the map deployment screen you gotta set him as one of your active characters. If you're on the first map where you unlock him, go to the green square (on the map deployment) and hit swap and swap him out with someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zelder posted:

On the map deployment screen you gotta set him as one of your active characters. If you're on the first map where you unlock him, go to the green square (on the map deployment) and hit swap and swap him out with someone else

Oh. That’s not very intuitive.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rexroom posted:

Since this is now Fire Emblem Warriors chat, I wanna know if there is an Adventure Mode or something similar like in Hyrule Warriors.

The stream I'm watching right now has something akin to an Adventure Mode.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I want to play Mario

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hace posted:

I want to play Mario

:yeah:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"SMB" only stands for one thing to me, especially when talking about a Nintendo console

Super Monkey Ball

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super Monkey Ball when

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hace posted:

I want to play Mario

which mario

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"SMB" only stands for one thing to me, especially when talking about a Nintendo console

Super sMash Brothers

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

a.lo posted:

which mario

Mario.......Party.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Hace posted:

Mario.......Party.

:yikes:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hace posted:

Mario.......Party.

:oh:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hace posted:

Mario.......Party.

https://youtu.be/RYDsI5mP-V8

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Fire Emblem Warriors is nice and all but who's playing the real big release this week? Of course I'm talking about Spelunker Party. Beating up hundreds of enemies may be fun but walking through a cave in a rigid manner while knowing a two-inch drop will kill you, that's pretty exciting too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Super Monkey Ball when

hd super monkey ball would be *kisses fingers*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

grand theft grotto posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors is nice and all but who's playing the real big release this week? Of course I'm talking about Spelunker Party. Beating up hundreds of enemies may be fun but walking through a cave in a rigid manner while knowing a two-inch drop will kill you, that's pretty exciting too.

I want it after playing the JP demo, but it's just not a $30 game to me.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I bought a Switch last night, but I’m honestly not very impressed with it. The buttons feel bad, the sticks and triggers feel too springy, and the whole construction feels very cheap.

I may return it next week. I’m kind of excited for Mario odyssey, but I’m also wondering if I’d want to keep this platform once I’m done with MO.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool keep us updated

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Has anyone had any dock issues after the latest update? My Switch suddenly doesn't want to talk to my receiver. I've tried changing the HDMI cable, changing the port the Switch is in, plugging something else into the Switch port, changing the output settings on the Switch, and resetting my receiver, but nothing has helped. It works perfectly going into my TV, however, so I don't think anything is actually wrong. Going into the receiver, I'll get sound, but the video keeps switching from "Custom Resolution" to 1080p and it'll flicker the image every once and a while, making me wonder if it's some sort of handshake issue.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Does anyone have that 8bitdo NES30 controller? Was thinking of getting one for my Raspberry Pi but also see that it's compatible with Switch and PC, wondered if anyone else has one and can vouch for it

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's not the NES30, but I have two of the SNES30 and they work pretty well. The Switch can be a bit finicky when syncing them, but that's about the worst of it. I'm looking forward to using them with my SNES Classic when I get my Retro Receiver. The buttons are a little bit stiffer than the ones that come with the Classic or an old SNES pad, but it's not like a cheap stiffness, just a firmer material under the buttons. Other than that, the SNES one's dead to rights. I assume the NES one's just as well-made.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just finished golf story. Definitely worth the price despite a few bugs and clunkyness here and there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DLC Inc posted:

Does anyone have that 8bitdo NES30 controller? Was thinking of getting one for my Raspberry Pi but also see that it's compatible with Switch and PC, wondered if anyone else has one and can vouch for it

I have a NES30 Pro and while it's small (but larger than a joycon) it's pretty solid. However a Switch Pro controller's still better for that console and a PS4 or 360/XB1 controller is more comfortable to hold for extended periods as well when gaming on the PC.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Fire Emblem Warriors has a few things on Hyrule Warriors I think, if you played that.

-Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't have big boss enemies like Hyrule Warriors did. For me this is a plus, they got to be really tedious HP sponges eventually.
-Sort of related, but there's no bombs/bows/hookshots or whatever. Different classes of characters have different kinds of utility, like being able to heal allies or cross over gaps or whatever. It fit's well in the context of a warriors game thats trying to incorporate more stretegy elements.
- The Ally AI is surprisingly good, if you order your ally to go somewhere to do a job, you can count on them doing it without any hangups. Unless you told them to do something dumb. You can get really specific with issuing orders too, like "Pair up with X" or "Guard X", "Attack X". You can switch over to them at any time to take control too. This is probably my favorite thing about this game specifically among musou games. It makes managing goals on opposite sides of the map easy and fun.

If you've played any warriors, then it's a really good warriors game. I won't say it's the best tut the flow is better than Hyrule Warriors and I like it more than the last few musous I've played so... :confused:
If you haven't played a warriors game and the idea of running around a battlefield managing troop movements, taking goals, and hacking hundreds of dudes to bits sounds like fun, at least give it a rent. You should be able to find out pretty quickly if it's something you're interested in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors has a few things on Hyrule Warriors I think, if you played that.

-Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't have big boss enemies like Hyrule Warriors did. For me this is a plus, they got to be really tedious HP sponges eventually.
-Sort of related, but there's no bombs/bows/hookshots or whatever. Different classes of characters have different kinds of utility, like being able to heal allies or cross over gaps or whatever. It fit's well in the context of a warriors game thats trying to incorporate more stretegy elements.
- The Ally AI is surprisingly good, if you order your ally to go somewhere to do a job, you can count on them doing it without any hangups. Unless you told them to do something dumb. You can get really specific with issuing orders too, like "Pair up with X" or "Guard X", "Attack X". You can switch over to them at any time to take control too. This is probably my favorite thing about this game specifically among musou games. It makes managing goals on opposite sides of the map easy and fun.

If you've played any warriors, then it's a really good warriors game. I won't say it's the best tut the flow is better than Hyrule Warriors and I like it more than the last few musous I've played so... :confused:
If you haven't played a warriors game and the idea of running around a battlefield managing troop movements, taking goals, and hacking hundreds of dudes to bits sounds like fun, at least give it a rent. You should be able to find out pretty quickly if it's something you're interested in.

On the other hand
-Hyrule Warriors also has terrible voice acting, but it's super limited.
-Hyrule Warriors doesn't have intensely unlikable characters who act like moronic school children

EDIT: While there are a lot of Links in HW, at least they play very differently while so far in FEW you can play as Marth, Girl Marth, Buff Marth

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

I bought a Switch last night, but I’m honestly not very impressed with it. The buttons feel bad, the sticks and triggers feel too springy, and the whole construction feels very cheap.

I may return it next week. I’m kind of excited for Mario odyssey, but I’m also wondering if I’d want to keep this platform once I’m done with MO.

I agree with this, the joycon sticks and triggers feel super cheap (one of mine immediately had this worn/grainy feel to the stick). Disappointing especially given how expensive they are.

The console is still good as hell though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does FE Warriors have fun cool weapons like the Spinner, Gauntlets, and Epona?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Does FE Warriors have fun cool weapons like the Spinner, Gauntlets, and Epona?

So far where I'm at Sword, Sword, Sword, Sword, Ax, spear, spear, book (magic and not the j pop idol kind of magic)
And horsed units do act a bit like Epona where they can run over enemies

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Verisimilidude posted:

Lmao if you brought a portable, $300, child-proof Nintendo console expecting a MacBook Pro.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 21, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My controller felt really off at first because the only controller I’d held for the last 15 years was a PlayStation one.

I got used to it though. I use mine when I travel so I made it a point to use the joycons instead of a pro controller, and after like 60 hours of Zelda I’m good to go.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
FE Warriors has the most strategic combat out of any Musou game I've ever played, and that includes the Empires games.

The coordination of your units across the map feels really good, I wish they would port competent ally AI over to the main series games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Hector, no buy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Augus posted:

No Hector, no buy

What the gently caress

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
FE Warriors is intensely good, it clearly operates under the same engine as HW which I'm very okay with and it's chock full of content as well. I'm enjoying the characters they've chosen, mostly 'cause the only FE game I played was the one with Hoshido and Nohr so at least I recognize some people here.

Curious as to whether classic mode is worth it. Any fallen character is just straight unusable in any mode right now and I don't see the benefit of this at all. Do I get a reward for staying on Classic mode? Will the game revive my characters eventually?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did it have the option between 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps?

Which one are you using

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
As far as I know, there is no reward from playing Classic. The chapel says it revives characters, but I'm playing on Casual so I dunno if that's actually what it does.

And yeah there is a quality v. performance selection

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Augus posted:

No Hector, no buy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario Odyssey has leaked so if your going on blackout start now. All the kingdoms/worlds have been listed and screenshots of playthroughs are starting to pop up in various places.

On the topic of it, The only two things that kinda piss me off about FE: W is that none of the non-sword users have unique attacks. I got Sakura and Takumi and they have the same exact animations and everything.

Other thing that annoys me is the fact I've ran into Oboro, fought her and have fought other DLC characters already. If this was HW then they would of been put in a free update instead of whatever the hell is going on now. I don't even know why I'd want these losers in the first place if they have nothing unique about them other then their Musou.

Fun game but boy those two irk me.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 21, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo is gonna stop sending review copies to "influencers". To that I say "good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The two main lords, Chrom/Lucina, Marth/Celica, Corrin, Xander, Ryoma, and Lyn have different movesets, and even within clone pairs they at least have different Musou attacks

• Locked thread