Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

McGiggins posted:

What everyone is forgetting to mention, is that the core of being a good programmer is that every variable should be a global variable, and that all functions should be as verbosely coded as possible, for ~reasons~.

That sound you're hearing now? It's the sound of all the programmer goons itt hissing in disgust. And reaching for that bottle of whiskey they keep under the desk for desperate occasions.

You have never worked in healthcare or with M/Mumps/Cache or you wouldn't make this joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Basically just replace the name Derek Smart with Chris Roberts. I do that all the time and i bet its nearer to the truth.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dogeh posted:

Lando doesn't understand the concept of personal space
His personal space is a 4-man instance.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

His personal space is a 4-man instance.

Same as Bens then, only Ben has/needs it to himself.

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016

synthetik posted:

You have never worked in healthcare or with M/Mumps/Cache or you wouldn't make this joke.

Clearly, this user doesn't understand ^Globals development. :colbert:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

his nibs posted:

Whatever judgement you've made regarding the previous identification (or not) of panelists, you post like it's new news.. It's not

Which part of you got triggered? You should rub it where it hurts the most. Try margarine.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Latest schedule is out.
- Gee, it's almost as if that Derek Smart guy called this one the same day 3.0 was released on Oct 5th.

:cripes:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

D_Smart posted:

Which part of you got triggered? You should rub it where it hurts the most. Try margarine.

Derek’s impersonation of an alt-reich/ MRA nutjob is almost suspiciously good

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

It's a common narrative over there. See, the thing is that all of their brains have holes you could park a zeppelin in, so even after having the concept of "parody" explained to them multiple times they still think it's a literal depiction of our ultimate goal of enslaving the dev team. It's the same thing that led Charlie Hall to demand to know why I thought it was acceptable to have those hateful images on the subreddit and then to respond with a single word email "Understood" after I explained them in detail.

OK, I loled

:five::five::five:

Thread good again.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ZekeNY posted:

Derek’s impersonation of an alt-reich/ MRA nutjob is almost suspiciously good

I'm not sure how I can recover from being owned so hard :(

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Wait Derek promised me I could keep a CIG developer chained up in my closet to poorly code things for me after our final victory.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

his nibs posted:

I'm not sure how I can recover from being owned so hard :(

Do like Sandi does, buy a few Porsche cars and go on a shopping spree with the company credit card buying hideous outfits.

Ohhh.... you are not related to CR or rich..... drat bad luck.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Little known fact cig devs now get anxiety attacks whenever they hear the macanrena

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

BloodyScab posted:

Little known fact cug devs now get anxiety attacks whenever they hear the macanrena

CUG Clown uniform gaming?
e:

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 21, 2017

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Don't archive my failures.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Derek Smart ridiculing himself while flailing about for validation and attention? Say it ain't so

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

AutismVaccine posted:

Do like Sandi does, buy a few Porsche cars and go on a shopping spree with the company credit card buying hideous outfits.

Ohhh.... you are not related to CR or rich..... drat bad luck.

Maybe margarine is the answer

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

BloodyScab posted:

Don't archive my failures.

"You are going down, Serek Dmart!!!" - jesterguy

his nibs posted:

Support your local farmers and use butter

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Chev posted:

They've been laying low and preparing a new backers alpha that should be out in a few days. They're kinda behind schedule and it may not seem like the most spectacular updates as they've been focusing on the backend (multithreading and networking) as they've rejiggered their netcode to support ~200 players per instance at roughly 30fps.

Warning

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
*rubbing in intensifies*

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

his nibs posted:

No, it really is.
Better than Vaseline.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Sandi probably wouldn't have got her scene's cut if she had asked Vic to tickle her. Got to show off your best work.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

toanoradian posted:

I can't seem to find a way to access Learn Python the Hard Way for free like I do Learn Ruby. Do I have to pay for it?
I swear the Python one used to be free too, it was the original one AFAIK. I didn't notice he'd started charging for it, sorry about that.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Thread's bad Jim

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

quote:

I believe the stage name is Mae Demming, as this is the primary credit for the majority of her roles.

Well, it's accurate.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Thoatse posted:

I doubt it, most of the really garbage citizens are full blown redhats and increasing minimum wage is very frowned upon by the people that own the propaganda networks they think are news so they are too woke for that

Let’s just raise the minimum wage to 100 dollars an hour! Then everyone will be rich!

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Better to abolish the concept of money completely! That way, there will be no poor, or rich, at all...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Roflan posted:

Better to abolish the concept of money completely! That way, there will be no poor, or rich, at all...

but how will i buy new jpegs

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Daztek posted:

Chris will hand them out for free.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

With leaves. Duh.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Warhawk109 posted:

Let’s just raise the minimum wage to 100 dollars an hour! Then everyone will be rich!

lol

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Why doesn't the government just print more money to pay the national debt?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

Also, did Crobberts fly to the UK, then fly back to LA for Sandi's magnum opus so he can fly again next week to Frankfurt for Citizencon?!?

The backers will never know.

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax

Incitatus posted:

Why doesn't the government just print more money to pay the national debt?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738387&pagenumber=1

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/921803537243308032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

From the looks of that picture a whole lot of nothing.