Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the stat goons do NOT lie

:69snypa: :vegassnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Olive! posted:

hmm, just how dangerous are dogs? we may never know

No friend of mine.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gloomy Rube posted:

Oh gosh in the original thread people are saying what a "great story" it is.

Oh my god you're right, it's full of people praising the way its written.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What if America allowed insane mass shooters to mass shoot wild dogs? Also, allowed terrorists to blow up mass shooters. And dogs to attack terrorists.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

What if America allowed insane mass shooters to mass shoot wild dogs? Also, allowed terrorists to blow up mass shooters. And dogs to attack terrorists.

I would watch this reality show

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ibntumart posted:

I have posted it in the last several STDH threads and by gum I will post it till I no longer draw breath or the Saudi-funded Rapture Underwater Superproducer Conclave is finally built.

:hai:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Paladinus posted:

I don't think it'll replace rock paper scissors but give it a go.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Paladinus posted:

It wouldn't be a fair fight. Since we've proven terrorists are the deadliest, we know the mass shooters (the weakest in the group) will be taken out almost immediately. With the mass shooters gone, the dog's well surge forward and wipe out the terrorists.

What we need is a fourth group. Where do cops and doctors giving out vaccines lie on the spectrum?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It wouldn't be a fair fight. Since we've proven terrorists are the deadliest, we know the mass shooters (the weakest in the group) will be taken out almost immediately. With the mass shooters gone, the dog's well surge forward and wipe out the terrorists.

What we need is a fourth group. Where do cops and doctors giving out vaccines lie on the spectrum?

The doctors are on the spectrum if they suffer a self-stick

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Korgan posted:

The doctors are on the spectrum if they suffer a self-stick

I live near a popular tourist destination, I suffer self-sticks every drat day.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh my god you're right, it's full of people praising the way its written.

It is, but for all the wrong reasons- it's hilariously badly written and ridiculous, and so brazen about it that you know it's 100% pure greentext bullshit but you just want to read it to the end to see where it goes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

i love how he doesn't know the difference between muslim and hindu

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

So, I’m walking up to a train station, in a quiet parking lot, at about 9:30 this morning, and three men are doing some sort of tree trimming thing, on the train station property... The guy in crane turns off his chainsaw and shouts down to me, ‘Hey baby! Hey, sexy! Hey, lookin good sexy, you made my morning!’

I looked up at him, rolled my eyes, and kept walking... I had to walk past them, to get to the ticket office... so, as I get closer, he starts yelling, ‘Don’t be a bitch! I’m just letting you know that I’d gently caress you, baby!’

And then another guy, under his crane, maybe ten feet from me, starts saying ‘Hey, I’d gently caress you too!’ And he yells up to the guy in the crane, ‘I’d gently caress her too!’ Then, they both start up with, ‘Who would you gently caress, baby, you’d gently caress Me first, right baby...’ and I look at the third man, and he looks sheepishly at me, but says nothing.

So, I pull out my phone, walk past the two men on the ground, and under the man in the crane, who is still yelling about how he’d gently caress me... and I take a photo of the company name on their truck, and the license plate, and then I take a photo of the two men on the ground, and of the man in the crane... and the sheepish man looks at me, realizing what I’m doing, and why, and he says, ‘I didn’t do anything!’

So I stuck my phone in his face and I said, ‘Exactly! You just stood there, while your coworkers sexually harassed a woman! YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING.’

I headed towards the ticket office, with the crane guy shouting ‘gently caress you, bitch’ over and over, as I walked away... and I reported the entire incident to the woman behind the counter.

She gets on the phone and she reports it to her supervisor, gives me a number to call for station related complaints, because the train company has contracted their company, and she comes out from her ticket counter, and she hugs me.

I get on my train, and call the number, and I’m transferred to a woman, and I tell her what happened. She is extremely compassionate while she takes my report.

A half hour later, I get a call. It’s two men, conference calling me about the report. Head of Something and Supervisor Someone...

I’m trying to get to NYC, so I’ve got bags, and therefore I’m using headphones, and I use the headphones for this call... Something I never do...

Both men are very professional, and both men apologize profusely, and they assure me that one of them is going to address these men, in person, after the call... I mention the photos, and he asks me to send them to him. I assure him that I will do so. He texts me, because I’ve got no Free hands to write anything down, so I can easily reply with the photos. I thank them, and I hang up my phone, using a button on the headset wire...

But, it doesn’t hang up... and I can still hear them...

They are still talking. I say hello... They can’t hear me...

I can’t get my phone out of my back pocket because I’ve got bags... I try to hang up again. I made it louder.

I’m listening to them talk to each other... my phone is on mute, and I can’t remove my ear buds, so I keep trying to press the cord buttons, and it just won’t hang up...

One of the men says, ‘I can’t believe this’ and the other man says, ‘Me nether’ and my heart sinks...

Then, I hear, ‘Fire them, or suspend them?’

He responds, ‘Are you crazy?’

Other guy says, ‘Yeah, you’re right. I’m firing them. Women don’t make this poo poo up. They’re disgusting. They know better. Zero tolerance.’

The other man says, ‘I’m angry they treated her that way. Who talks to a woman like that? Who talks to anyone like that? Two of them even have daughters. Smart move on her part, taking the photos. I hope she sends them.’

Other guy says, ‘She’ll do it. Thankfully, for us. Because now we know. Maybe they talk to their daughters just as badly, right? Absolute pigs. I’ll file her photos. You go fire all three of them.’

And then... The other guy says, ‘When they sign and date the Termination Papers, make sure it says 2017, not 1917.’

They both laugh, somewhat sadly, and my phone goes silent.

And I go silent.

With tears of appreciation in my eyes.

- Lara B. Sharp

E: just for fun, here’s the top comment from the author

jesus WEP has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Oct 20, 2017

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Using song lyrics is probably cheating, and maybe I just hate most country music, but this songs been playing a bunch of times over the store radio at work and every time it makes me think of this thread

Luke Combs - When It Rains It Pours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyxFMbqKYA

In short, the guys a dick so his girlfriend leaves him but then he wins the lottery and Hooters waitresses are giving him phone numbers and then the girlfriend is scrambling to get back with him but now he's too cool for her etc.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The dialog at the end of the cat calling story is the most believable and natural thing I have ever heard.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You mean the guys from the corporate division of A Couple Of Workmen, Inc.?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

St Evan Echoes posted:

E: just for fun, here’s the top comment from the author

Just lol if you think someone is professional and they don't double hang up and pickup after a conference call.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The only part of that that didn't happen was the drawn out fantasy dialogue that she just happened to overhear.

I guarantee the rest happens every fuckin' day except these dickholes not only don't get fired, 99% of the time nobody even calls them on it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That showed up in the wild on my fb feed and I was also willing to believe the story up until that point. Nothing quite like taking a thing that could happen and running it into stdh territory.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Where did the bags come from? Her hands were free to take the photos then suddenly in the next paragraph it’s repeatedly stressed that she’s hands free because she has bags.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the first part of that happened, it's the revenge part that (sadly) didn't, at least not with any of that dialog.

If she did call, they probably said "we'll investigate" and that was the end of it. And to be fair, an anecdote accompanied by pictures of the people who allegedly harassed her are not exactly actionable evidence to fire two of your employees on the spot.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 11:22 on Oct 21, 2017

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah the first part of that happened, it's the revenge part that (sadly) didn't, at least not with any of that dialog.

If she did call, they probably said "we'll investigate" and that was the end of it. And to be fair, an anecdote accompanied by pictures of the people who allegedly harassed her are not exactly actionable evidence to fire two of your employees on the spot.

From my experience what actually happened after the call (if the guys got fired at all) was more like:

"You think we should fire them?"

"Can they be replaced on time? Project is delayed as it is"

"Yes. Should we? It's her word against theirs"

"It's a liability. If she's right then this could turn into an issue. If she isn't then whatever"

"I'll contact HR"

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Furia posted:

From my experience what actually happened after the call (if the guys got fired at all) was more like:

"It's a liability. If she's right then this could turn into an issue. If she isn't then whatever"

"I'll contact HR"

"Make it someone else's problem" is almost always going to be the way it goes. And yeah every bit of that probably happened up until the imagined "let's fire their asses" conversation which almost certainly didn't.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Honestly my expectation in reality would be for them to just roll their eyes and say "yeah we'll look into it, thanks for your call", then HR would send them an email reminding them of company policy and that would be the end of it. The only way they'd actually do anything is if she sued or called the police.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That just popped up on my feed too, lots of people ready to take it at face value.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah guys construction workers regularly get into shouting matches with eachother while all trying to figure out who a woman on the street would want to gently caress and include her in the conversation

Are you all retarded

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
poo poo That Didn't Happen, Except For These Circumstances When It Did.txt

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It makes me laugh because it perfectly fits the narrative I've seen more recently from feminist pages where the guy who wasn't a harasser but also didn't do anything to stop other harassers is just as bad and deserves to be shamed.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Furia posted:

"I'll contact HR"

Most likely. If it's just hearsay, that's a wrongful termination lawsuit in the making, and discipline, suspension or termination for the supervisor who made the call.

If they're unionized, forget it. They'll grieve it and make your life miserable.

The only way they'd be fired is if it was an at-will jurisdiction and they were a pain in the rear end anyway, so you can terminate them for cause and still have a fallback

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The entire US is at-will except for Montana (and even there it's limited). If this had actually happened, these guys would have had zero basis for a successful lawsuit against their former employer.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Clearly, construction workers do not get fired for being creeps to passing ladies, because there are still construction workers.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ibntumart posted:

The entire US is at-will except for Montana (and even there it's limited). If this had actually happened, these guys would have had zero basis for a successful lawsuit against their former employer.

This isn't incorrect, but it's a dishonest framing of the at-will law in the U.S.

When talking about "at-will" employment, you need to explain how there have been 3 different types of limitations on the at-will law.

Public Policy Exemption
Implied Contract Exemption
Covenant of Good Faith Exemption

Only 6 states recognize every exemption, and only 4 don't recognize any exemptions at all. Saying Montana is the only state that isn't at-will isn't inherently wrong, but it conveniently ignores a huge part of the at-will law. It's like when people dismiss lovely cops by saying "they're just a few bad apples," when in reality, the expression is "a few bad apples will spoil the bunch." While the first statement isn't wrong, it's disingenuous to frame it like that.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Clearly, construction workers do not get fired for being creeps to passing ladies, because there are still construction workers.

My understanding is that street harassment from construction workers reduced considerably once construction projects started posting names and contact information for the contracts they were working on - maybe in the 90s? I can find the study about this if you're interested.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The story was bullshit and that's all that matters

Which is not to say harassment of women isn't real, but lol if you think the conversation after the fact happened. My experience was admitedly not US based, but regardless the company would just do whatever the gently caress protects them the most

I crave some new stdh but know not where to find the content so I must ask the thread heroes to pull this one out for all of us

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

WrenP-Complete posted:

My understanding is that street harassment from construction workers reduced considerably once construction projects started posting names and contact information for the contracts they were working on - maybe in the 90s? I can find the study about this if you're interested.

Interesting! Yes, it would be cool to see the study for sure.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Furia posted:

I crave some new stdh but know not where to find the content so I must ask the thread heroes to pull this one out for all of us

Ask and ye shall receive:

Reddit is a goldmine of stdh.txt

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Oct 21, 2017

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Zipperelli. posted:

Good thing that burglar came in, probably prevented a (justifiable) murder

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Aren’t construction workers generally unionized? Maybe I just assumed that.

I guess my point is I figured that when this sort of thing does happen, it gets dragged out FOREVER, not resolved immediately by a pair of right-thinking bosses.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Zipperelli. posted:

I wanted to see what the reactions to that first post were and tried to find it on reddit. I didn't see it, so I unthinkingly typed “TIFU jizz“ into the reddit search bar and opened up a portal straight to hell. Don't be as foolish as me, friends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year sighs as he clicks Reply

As much as I love the whole Jeff and shrimp thing --

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: I decide to jizz