Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Enter the gungeon is my favorite top down rogue like, though it's hard as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Don't want to watch the entire thing... is there a release date announcement in here?!

(this is technically a "when" question though so I understand if our Dear Leader doesn't like it)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

blue squares posted:

Papers please is so boring

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

blue squares posted:

Papers please is so boring

that's kinda the point

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Don't want to watch the entire thing... is there a release date announcement in here?!

(this is technically a "when" question though so I understand if our Dear Leader doesn't like it)

Nov/Dec

Past that, gently caress knows.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Infinitum posted:

Nov/Dec

Past that, gently caress knows.
Yeah, I figured I'd check their twitter and they hadn't even tweeted that video and it just says "coming soon" in the twitter description, but I'll accept "2017" as a pretty good answer. Got this Mario incoming, and all :shobon:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

SeANMcBAY posted:

Awesome. Heard great things about this game. How’s it compare to Binding of Isaac?

It's more about skill and knowing boss fights and less about getting a few items that break the game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Gungeon has better design than Isaac in every single way

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Improbable Lobster posted:

I could understand why someone would like one over the other. Personally I don't like BoI at all, but I've got 100+ hours out of Gungeon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

that's kinda the point

I thought the point was simulating the experience of crushing despair and cynicism.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought the point was simulating the experience of crushing despair and cynicism.

And what's the point of that when you're living in 2017 and the planet is dying

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

I could understand why someone would like one over the other. Personally I don't like BoI at all, but I've got 100+ hours out of Gungeon.

I like Isaac but I think that it's incredibly poorly designed and the devs have no idea what they're doing at all.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How does Enter the Gungeon work without a mouse? Does the right stick directly aim the character, or is there an on screen cursor? Because the former seems like it'd be hard to use for long range weapons and the latter would be super slow and clunky.

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

LethalGeek posted:

To the 8bitdo question: we have the arcade stick. Like someone else said syncing can be really touchy for 20 minutes then it magically works fine after that. GF loves it since she grew up on arcade sticks, for the price it works well. Might replace the joystick sometime, they are listed as being compatible with fancier sticks and buttons.

Speaking as someone who bought two and upgraded the joysticks/buttons, I hope you have a soldering iron for the joystick. The ribbon cable that Sanwa sticks usually use isn't compatible with the connectors in the stick, so you have to desolder the old connectors off the old stick and reuse them on the new one.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Facetious posted:

Don't forget the ease of corruption in bureaucracy and the heartlessness inherent to government systems.

Papers Please is a pretty cheery game.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Manky posted:

What's your source on this? It definitely did not happen to me. 4.0 has been a-okay for me. Only problem I've had was because the recent windows update hosed elgato's drivers and I had to roll back, update elgato, and re-update windows.

Do you use hdmi -> hdmi? Might not be affected, it's been hit or miss for people even with hdmi -> dvi based on monitor/capture device (probably based on the interface timings). This reddit comment tree has some more examples. Did some more digging on one of the threads, and apparently they are 'aware' of the issue but have no timeframe for a fix. Not surprising, as it's a very limited issue affecting few customers.

It's definitely a scheme to make people use the tabletop mode, for sure. :v:

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Voxx posted:

Do you use hdmi -> hdmi? Might not be affected, it's been hit or miss for people even with hdmi -> dvi based on monitor/capture device (probably based on the interface timings). This reddit comment tree has some more examples. Did some more digging on one of the threads, and apparently they are 'aware' of the issue but have no timeframe for a fix. Not surprising, as it's a very limited issue affecting few customers.

It's definitely a scheme to make people use the tabletop mode, for sure. :v:

That's the best part about the Switch! Handheld mode will always work!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Voxx posted:

Do you use hdmi -> hdmi?

Yep

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

How does Enter the Gungeon work without a mouse? Does the right stick directly aim the character, or is there an on screen cursor? Because the former seems like it'd be hard to use for long range weapons and the latter would be super slow and clunky.

Right stick aims the character. I believe there's a reticule as well, set at a fixed radius from the character, but I haven't played it in a while, so I can't remember.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Improbable Lobster posted:

Weird, I'd heard a lot of people say that Gungeon was just a worse version of Issac.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Awesome. Heard great things about this game. How’s it compare to Binding of Isaac?

:same:

Gungeon is ok but issac and nuclear throne are better imo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Journey Fraternity posted:

Speaking as someone who bought two and upgraded the joysticks/buttons, I hope you have a soldering iron for the joystick. The ribbon cable that Sanwa sticks usually use isn't compatible with the connectors in the stick, so you have to desolder the old connectors off the old stick and reuse them on the new one.

Good to know if I ever get there, and I do have that equipment/knowledge

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Internet Kraken posted:

Weird, I'd heard a lot of people say that Gungeon was just a worse version of Issac.

Balancing and general game feel were really wonky and changed every patch in early access so wildly differing opinions may also be based on that

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
can't stop laughing at the name of the game "Jydge" on the eShop

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

whaley posted:

It is a very good top down shooter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I cant get the enthusiasm up for these well worn indie genres anymore. Theres a new crop of nearly identical darlings out each year in the twin stick shooter market and im trying to just let only the most remarkable ones into my life.

Nex machina is that most remarkable game of 2017 btw.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my sd card was misdelivered

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

a.lo posted:

Pretend I posted loss dot jpeg but with sd cards

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

It was miSDelivered am i right

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

a.lo posted:

Sorry to hear you are sans disk.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i was like, "that's not my welcoming mat"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ragequit posted:

Heh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I would play Papers Please on the Switch

Would be better on DS or 3DS to have the paperwork on the lower screen and the person's face on the upper.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

whaley posted:

For real, it cracks me up because you see it and you're like, is that really a Dredd knockoff? So you open it and one of the first things you see is ”JYDGE FOR YOURSELF"

A great new thread name btw

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

JYDGE JYRY AND YXYCYTIONER

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wish I could figure out how to remove the special edition zelda coin from its cheap plastic prison without splintering the poo poo out of it and definitely getting injured in the process

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Calaveron posted:

I wish I could figure out how to remove the special edition zelda coin from its cheap plastic prison without splintering the poo poo out of it and definitely getting injured in the process

As you lie on the floor, clutching your freed coin and bleeding out from the piece of plastic that slashed the artery in your left wrist during your hamfisted attempt to open the packaging, you can't help but ponder "Maybe I should've gone alone; it was dangerous to take this".

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Ragequit posted:

This is art

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

At first I was all "Digital SMO" but then I got birthday cash and now I'm all "Physical SMO"

So then

:siren::australia::siren: ATTN Aussie Goons - Big W has the cheapest copy of SMO available at $62. EBGames will price match and are also doing a midnight launch. CLICK THIS LINK FOR A PHOTO TO SHOW EBGAMES :siren::australia::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I kinda wanted to preorder the Amiibos, but... amiibos and I don't know what the gently caress they all do other than give Mario a ~Pretty Wedding Dress~

• Locked thread