Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would vote Bif and Hal, so they can get a room and kiss tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Bif, now you officially are tunneling. Please give some other opinions.

Bifauxnen posted:

I am buddying up to Gif because Gif is my buddy, and an upstanding dude

I'd be willing to have a go testing his D1 scumdar

##vote thranguy

This is your reason for voting Thran and it's really not good. Because someone who you are buddies with is voting for him? Is that your only reason? Do you have others?

What do you think of other people?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

It's not like I'm trying to move the vote back to Hal, I agree that people can give him a chance for D1. Would you rather I not share an opinion like that once I've had that thought, which is completely novel and pretty drat relevant to evaluating his copclaim? Interesting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

This is your reason for voting Thran and it's really not good. Because someone who you are buddies with is voting for him? Is that your only reason? Do you have others?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Thranguy posted:

It's uncertainty of both types, be sure. There are a lot of claims based on playstyle history or proclivity to sub out as scum vs town that I don't have any way to evaluate getting thrown around. I've been trying to find the best case in a day full of weak cases, with the only one that felt remotely strong to be getting a cop claim, and now that we're actually getting close to deadline I'm looking for the vote that doesn't help a day one no-lynch happen, which I guess could read the same as 'safest'.

I don't quite understand your case for opop tbh. Can't they be both dumb and scum?

Anyhow, for independent thought, if opop does have a solid explanation to give, maybe we should look at grandicap next? Of all of our most lurkier people right now his posts feel the most sit-back-and-sip-lemonade-y.

to be clear i think voting for d1 uncountered claim cop is really stupid but i also think scum
players r generally smart enough to recognize they look bad if they vote for the uncountered claimed cop. tbh i would like to hear opop explain why they did, of course, but as ive said before i think hes dumb idiot town not dumb idiot scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I know I know, give me some time to type here christ

Asiina posted:

I'll admit I don't see why Probst came to think Thranguy was scum so early, but I can see how he could have come to think that. And I've definitely seen Probst play like this and make strong early calls like this as town even if it makes him look pretty scummy.

And I believe his engagement with evaluating my case on Hal, not taking my word for it but still giving it time and attention, came from an honest townie place. With people not wanting to vote for my strongest scum read anymore, and with me not feeling my previous strong scumread at all anymore, (AC), I'm comfortable supporting the case of a player whose intentions I trust the most on D1.

As for others, I'm not sure if you're correct about Opop being scum, but I think you did make a good valid point about it being weird for him to not mention the copclaim. I would have no problems voting for Opop instead.

Grandi I saw as a good and reasonable poster so far so I didn't like the shade thrown on him, but I'm worried he may be occupying a similar space that 8bux did for me back in Shine so I'm just going to wait and see.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh and don't forget Tobbs either.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Would vote Bif and Hal, so they can get a room and kiss tho

No shipping in the thread please

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
*furiously deletes mafia fanfic from google drive*

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i read hal wrong almost every game. im finding it difficult to vote for someone who has claimed cop though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

i read hal wrong almost every game. im finding it difficult to vote for someone who has claimed cop though

Yeah so don't then, I wanna try and make some money taking sidebets anyway on whether he gets blocked or cops a dead person tonight. Fun longshot option is "Fakes a townread on a 3P survivor who then outs him"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

it's to town's advantage to not lynch him because tonight will yield better info with him alive

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Is opop gonna come back to this thread in the near future??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Is opop gonna come back to this thread in the near future??

:iiam:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It looks like I will be around for deadline, so hooray I guess.
There is literally noone I would not vote at deadline today, but I do lean town on Opop, thran is new and I'm less willing to vote someone in their first game outside of the all newbie game.
I still like bminus-1 as scum and have a gut ping from inf but nothing solid there.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (5): Asiina, Thranguy, apostateCourier, Mr. F!, TMMadman
Thranguy (4): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, flerp, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Infinitum, Grandicap, Grandicap, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): Asiina, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Asiina, Infinitum, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Infinitum, Grandicap
Bifauxnen (1): Hal Incandenza, flerp, apostateCourier, flerp, apostateCourier
apostateCourier (1): Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Infinitum, flerp, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, Infinitum
Grandicap (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Asiina, Infinitum, apostateCourier, flerp, Asiina, flerp, apostateCourier, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Thranguy, Thranguy
STONE COLD 64 (0): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Grandicap, Infinitum

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 18 minutes.

The baying of dogs grows louder.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

pssst I would like to point out that Hal has never bothered moving his vote from me, I always love when I'm selectively prodded to give more opinions as if I really need to talk more

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I haven't actually made an official spreadsheet yet but here is what I would put in it.

From most scum to least scum:
Hal
Asiina
Thranguy
RF (Opop)
Tobbs
TMM

Lurkers: b-minus, Mags and Nevergirls

AC - seems quite town now imo, reacted reasonably to my casing her and her opinions seem coherent and consistent in how they develop.

Asiina - growing increasingly suspicious. Even if Hal turns out to be town, I'd bet it's a case of her wanting to take the side of a townie under fire to get in some sincere-looking engagement.

b-minus: yeah he's still not doing much I'd put him as mild scum suspicion by now

flerp: Sounds like his usual townie self, granted I don't know what he sounds like as scum yet but nothing has alarmed me yet

Probst (Stone Cold): *fistbump*

Grandi: No suspicions yet but don't wanna let my guard down too quick

Hal: nice fakeclaim bro, but fine don't lunch him D1

Inf: Hmmm hard to say, this sounds like it could be his town game but too early for me to call yet

Mags: lurking need more data

Nevergirls: see above

RF: Wouldn't mind lunching him today if that's where it goes, but gun to my head rn I'd bet it's slightly more likely that Asiina's scum and that's her townie mislunch pick

Thranguy: Don't have the same level of certainty that Probst does, could see him just being a newbie, but I can also see the case as legit. Not my first choice but my first choices are not on the table.

TMM: Kinda sounds like he's giving his usual scum excuses for not engaging too much, actually. Maybe D2 will be better though?

Tobbs: Now here's a real example of someone with no substance in their posts Hal, sheesh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I haven't been around much, I am still busy but I will try and check in and out.

Out of these two choices I think I will vote RF, Thran definitely seems more new guy awkward than scummy at this point. I don't really love the RF vote either, he can be this lazily bad as town but he'd also do this as scum. At least Thran is putting some effort in though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Heyyyy

I just remembered something funny

Hal, if you wouldn't expect anyone to believe you and honestly believed it "was almost sure to turn out just like this", thus making your case such a risky, risky move, too risky for scum, and it's so frustrating I can't understand that...

Why'd you make such a risky move when you're the cop?

I think this is a bit of an odd question because as town I would rather talk about my reads than worry about how they would make me look regardless of any role. In my mind I wanted to be more active so I wouldn't be the NK for being lazy so I planned on posting more anyway and when I came into the thread your replacing in was the first thing I saw and like I said my gut reaction to that was Jam would do that as scum and so I just came out with it.

Again, I think it's a weird question to frame that way since in the quote I was talking about how I would be looking at what I did from a scum mindset so I don't think the same thought process would be a the forefront of my mind as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think this is a bit of an odd question because as town I would rather talk about my reads than worry about how they would make me look regardless of any role. In my mind I wanted to be more active so I wouldn't be the NK for being lazy so I planned on posting more anyway and when I came into the thread your replacing in was the first thing I saw and like I said my gut reaction to that was Jam would do that as scum and so I just came out with it.

Again, I think it's a weird question to frame that way since in the quote I was talking about how I would be looking at what I did from a scum mindset so I don't think the same thought process would be a the forefront of my mind as town.

Thank you, I like this answer far more than I liked Asiina bugging me for asking the question in the first place.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Opop

Other people I would enjoy voting: bif, maybe cena/probst/cold

I still have mild suspicions of grandi and maybe infi, usually his posting stands out to me more and this game I only remember his cool "my day action is a vote" line and nothing else

I'd probably vote almost anyone else if it came down to it, me and bif let most everyone slide. I think AC looks best of everyone

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (6): Asiina, Thranguy, apostateCourier, Mr. F!, TMMadman, Hal Incandenza
Thranguy (4): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, flerp, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Infinitum, Grandicap, Grandicap, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): Asiina, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Asiina, Infinitum, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Infinitum, Grandicap
apostateCourier (1): Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Infinitum, flerp, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, Infinitum
Grandicap (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Bifauxnen (0): Hal Incandenza, flerp, apostateCourier, flerp, apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Asiina, Infinitum, apostateCourier, flerp, Asiina, flerp, apostateCourier, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Thranguy, Thranguy
STONE COLD 64 (0): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Grandicap, Infinitum

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 5 minutes.

The baying of dogs grows louder.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I put forward that RF should have been subbed out earlier, as they are clearly not posting in this game.

Would like to see a claim from them regardless if he gets back in time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Thank you, I like this answer far more than I liked Asiina bugging me for asking the question in the first place.

for my revised Lumpenlist, just take Hal off the top to have him floating around on the side somewhere since I'm no longer so bitter about letting him off to D2 with an 11th hour copclaim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, if I moved my vote to RF now that'd be -1 so I'm just gonna hang around and see if anyone else shows up to talk more before deadline.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I believe Hal is cop.

Retro is a good candidate.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Why would I have an answer as to Hal's actions?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Why would I have an answer as to Hal's actions?

uh, you wouldn't? You just gave me poo poo for "tunneling again" which I sure didn't like cause it felt like throwing shade on what I thought was a real valuable question for no drat reason. I mean see here? Hal's given an answer to it that wounds way more genuine than that "you're posting no substance" bullshit before so I'm feeling better about him

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Besides the clock was (is) running out and Hal almost definitely isn't going to be the lynch today, so yeah I'm going to bug you to put out some opinions.

You're also not the only person I bugged for opinions so don't try that "selectively prodded" guilt trip.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal's given an answer to it that wounds way more genuine than that "you're posting no substance" bullshit before

Mafia edit: that SOUNDS way more genuine

really now, why did you think me saying that meant you were supposed to be explaining Hal's actions?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

uh, you wouldn't? You just gave me poo poo for "tunneling again" which I sure didn't like cause it felt like throwing shade on what I thought was a real valuable question for no drat reason. I mean see here? Hal's given an answer to it that wounds way more genuine than that "you're posting no substance" bullshit before so I'm feeling better about him

And then I asked you questions which you ignored until I asked you again. You'd made a vote against someone else but hadn't backed it up in any way, so yeah I'm going to be like "hey time is running out say something about someone who isn't Hal."

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an old man who wants to go to bed. I can drop my vote on Opop to prevent a NL, but I think there is plenty of time for me just to not.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Mafia edit: that SOUNDS way more genuine

really now, why did you think me saying that meant you were supposed to be explaining Hal's actions?

This implies I should have an answer.

Bifauxnen posted:

That Hal's answer for his actions was better than mine, but why would I have one?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Besides the clock was (is) running out and Hal almost definitely isn't going to be the lynch today, so yeah I'm going to bug you to put out some opinions.

You're also not the only person I bugged for opinions so don't try that "selectively prodded" guilt trip.

ok let's fact check this. Since that post, you just gave :iiam: about whether RF's coming back, so maybe that could count as prodding him a bit. Before that post... you asked an open question to anyone voting Thran to give their specific opinion on that RF post you found so scummy. And prodded Inf not for more opinions, but to back up his comments a bit more on not liking the Opop vote.

Hmmm doesn't seem to check out and a bit too defensive imo

fake edit: yup very defensive hahaha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

This implies I should have an answer.

That Hal's answer for his actions was better than mine, but why would I have one?

YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ONE

Here is a post I like: Hal's answer to my question

Here is a post I do not like: You seeing my question and going "Stop tunnelling OMG"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

And then I asked you questions which you ignored until I asked you again. You'd made a vote against someone else but hadn't backed it up in any way, so yeah I'm going to be like "hey time is running out say something about someone who isn't Hal."

I happened to be just done dropping off Minifauxnen at daycare when I made that first point in my first post, and then went to grab my workplace's morning mail from the post box before I wrote up the second one, you know I do sometimes take some actions in real life between writing posts on the internet you know.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

OMG Bif hasn't posted within 10 minutes pretty drat suss

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

OMG Bif hasn't posted within 10 minutes pretty drat suss

Bif don't be an rear end bandit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum