Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Powaqoatse posted:

goonsay but you mean trademarks. you can lose a trademark if you dont maintain it but copyrights will be protected regardless (probably perpetually if they keep extending)

esr_last_supper_no_women.png

That's interesting

*Shoves you in a locker*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

panel 1: dreddout talks about some poo poo
panel 2: i talk about some poo poo
panel 3: locker-shove
panel 4: regrets all around

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Powaqoatse posted:

loss edits are getting more and more esoteric

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Goblins makes me feel better about my own artistic talent. It's a great reminder to always be learning how to improve. It's easy to get stuck making the same mistakes over and over until you don't even see them anymore and it's too late to correct them because they're ingrained in your brain. Then you wind up nowhere with renowned voice actor Phil loving LaMarr voicing your animations are you kidding me?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BJPaskoff posted:

Goblins makes me feel better about my own artistic talent. It's a great reminder to always be learning how to improve. It's easy to get stuck making the same mistakes over and over until you don't even see them anymore and it's too late to correct them because they're ingrained in your brain. Then you wind up nowhere with renowned voice actor Phil loving LaMarr voicing your animations are you kidding me?

whoa thanks, ive always felt poo poo about my drawings but i feel a lil bit better now

anyway is that yellow one chris parnell?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Powaqoatse posted:

It's often harder on the bully

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BJPaskoff posted:

He probably should have spent less on voice actors and more on getting it animated.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cause im stuck in folsom prism
and light keeps spreading out

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
nevermind

Terrible Robot has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Oct 23, 2017

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Penny-Arcade is cool and good, and goons making GBS threads on it is silly imo.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The only thing that sucks more than Penny Arcade are the two douches that make it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The best part about this comic is that it can be read left-to-right or right-to-left.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
How To Disappear

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Cars are Bugs

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Goddamn it I was looking for that one to quote somewhere and now it's been so long I forgot where I was going to quote it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Using edible pig meat for your sexual fetish? Is that pig a goon?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I know that laughing at your own jokes is akin to enjoying the smell of your own farts, but I am way more pleased with this than I have any right to be:

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/922353292646256641

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Weirdest Loss edit I've ever seen.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

This is the worst goddamned Megg mogg and Owl I mean my word

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why make a comic, a visual medium, and then make the art as aggressively bland as humanly possible?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also having the character think what the art should be conveying is terrible and pointless.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Why make a comic, a visual medium, and then make the art as aggressively bland as humanly possible?

Art is whatever you can get away with

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Flint_Paper posted:

I know that laughing at your own jokes is akin to enjoying the smell of your own farts, but I am way more pleased with this than I have any right to be:

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/922353292646256641

NOW we can shut Twitter off.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Here, I fixed your lovely comic.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Also having the character think what the art should be conveying is terrible and pointless.

Mod or not, I'm not gonna stand here and let you poo poo talk Garfield

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There will be a future where all knowledge of this time period has been lost except that this was around the time Garfield started.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dates will be assigned Before Garf and After Garf.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The Sausages posted:

Those two long comics.

These just seem like extremely time-consuming diary entries. Like, it seems as if the artist is getting something out of creating them, but they don't seem to be geared towards public consumption at all.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Lemon posted:

These just seem like extremely time-consuming diary entries. Like, it seems as if the artist is getting something out of creating them, but they don't seem to be geared towards public consumption at all.

Pretty much this, for all their comics.

I liked them though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I tried to read this but the sheer pretentiousness gave me a nose bleed. Its like someone took all the stupid as gently caress thoughts you get the first time you smoke weed and weaponized them through boring comics.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
theres a hidden penis in one of those panels

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

There's a whole subgenre of these rambling diary comics filling zines around the world and getting put in "America's Best Comics" anthologies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i like the diary comics.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Not all comics have to be humorous, but apparently that's what a lot of people want to stick to in this thread

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

starkebn posted:

Not all comics have to be humorous, but apparently that's what a lot of people want to stick to in this thread

They're called "comics", not "tragics". :nallears:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In the great tradition of "clowns" not "frowns".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Agreed that's why I threw Maus in the garbage and picked up My War With Brian instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I liked the suicide prevention comic. It was a sad but touching story of someone who loves his friend.