Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

exploded mummy posted:

Next up TNA will announce a partnership with Barstool Sports so they can get on ESPN.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/922562978997723136

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

how long did they use the GFW brand for marketing impact anyway? about 6 weeks?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That's totally the reason, Jeff. Its certainly not because you're such a hot mess even Ian Rotten wants nothing to do with you.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

coconono posted:

That's totally the reason, Jeff. Its certainly not because you're such a hot mess even Ian Rotten wants nothing to do with you.

Well to be fair, having a suspended license makes it hard to use the drive thru

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can either believe TNA is out of money or isn't out of money. Choose wisely.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

"Henceforth, this date shall forever be known as Drunk Jeff Jarrett Day!"
"Uh, sir, this is already TNA Has No Money Day."
"It can be two things!"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
jeff jarrett needs to get to the accountability shack or whatever it is ddp has

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Think Billy will hire Jeff for the NWA?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anthem is out of money!

Wrong! Anthem has loads of money! Absolute mountains of cash! We're gonna be wrestling in Canada for the next thousand years!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
JJ might be right in the idea that TNAs latest sugar daddies don’t want to pay for it anymore.

Or maybe they don’t want to pay him.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

coconono posted:

Then King of the Mountain, now King of the Deathmatches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought the "Global Championship" was the MMA one?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"We're not out of money, look! *throws hundreds of thousands more into the fire* Now who's stupid?!?!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I thought the "Global Championship" was the MMA one?

That's the Grand Championship (lmao).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah, I guess that explains why I confuse those two.

That and I've never watched one of those matches because its an incredibly stupid concept. And I was a TNA fan during the Hard 8 Tournament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Over the weekend I went to a party and someone asked about TNA because we were watching wrestling, and I had so much fun trying to explain the previous owners of TNA. From Billy Corgan trying to buy it and failing, to Neo Nazi's, to Jeff Jarrett again, back to Neo Nazi's. It was so fun :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Luckily they hosed up and ordered new belts with the old logos first so they can use those!

That sounds too beneficial to TNA, surely they destroyed/lost those belts or sold the rights to them to Jeff Jarrett or something.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't have a picture but apparently they're using the GFW belts with either a sticker or a metal plate that says IMPACT over the GFW. It looks as good as you'd expect.

Ahhhh that's the good stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LOLTNA being back should help make these threads easier to put together.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Going out on a major limb here I know but expect more releases very soon.

This era of the company is being referred to as "Total Nonstop D’Amore" by those involved with the company.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

This era of the company is being referred to as "Total Nonstop D’Amore" by those involved with the company.

Do you expect them to bring in people to replace said releases, or is it just a pure roster reduction?

Or is it people who were fine working for them to hang out in Florida but aren't as keen on a vacation to Canada?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Do you expect them to bring in people to replace said releases, or is it just a pure roster reduction?

Or is it people who were fine working for them to hang out in Florida but aren't as keen on a vacation to Canada?

Lots of decisions to save Money and clear out way for D’Amore people.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

excited for rhyno's push

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

They don't even have the broken hardy saga on their streaming service, it skips from 2004 to september 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

excited for rhyno's push

Jimmy Jacobs and D'Amore go back. Both from Detriot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wasn't the fake MMA division one of Billy's ideas? Why is it still a thing? (I mean, other than "Moose has nothing better to do")

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

LOLTNA being back should help make these threads easier to put together.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

yesssssssssss i'm so glad this is back

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wasn't D'Amore supposed to be competent? I hate forgetting my TNA history

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

D'Amore on air is fun but I can believe he's difficult backstage if you're not in his friend group

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Wasn't D'Amore supposed to be competent? I hate forgetting my TNA history

Scott D'Amore's booking is basically "let's figure out what the best PPV would be and book backwards". This is not the worst strategy. The problem in TNA is that the booking up until the PPVs was awful, whether Vince Russo was involved or not.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

D'Amore on air is fun but I can believe he's difficult backstage if you're not in his friend group
Is there anyone for whom that last part isn't true? I don't think I've ever heard a wrestling story about someone in authority having a clique but being scrupulously fair about who gets pushed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

D'amore is a successful wrestling promoter which would be a first for TNA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

D'amore also a Bullet Club member so there's maybe they can repair that front.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

How can they reduce the roster when nobody works there to begin with

This company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I could see EC3 and possibly James Storm in NXT this time next year. Lashley seems like he's halfway out the door too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

D'amore also a Bullet Club member so there's maybe they can repair that front.

with what money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I could see EC3 and possibly James Storm in NXT this time next year. Lashley seems like he's halfway out the door too.

Yep

Chris James 2 posted:

Funny you mention Lashley and James Storm still being in TNA

https://soundcloud.com/wrestlezoneradio/gfw-media-call-feat-the-cowboy-james-storm

Doesn't sound like it'll be for much longer. That's the Storm thing, and it obviously sounds like he wants to be back in NXT. Meanwhile in an interview with Sam Roberts, Lashley said he'd like a match with Brock in WWE at some point if Brock sticks around or is available if/when Lashley comes back

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet Storm regretted not staying in NXT the minute he saw Roode waltz in and get the belt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

During one of initial recent death lurches, I heard EC3 and Spud would get a shot in NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

During one of initial recent death lurches, I heard EC3 and Spud would get a shot in NXT.

Has Spud ever had a good match? I always thought he was a good talker and would probably be a fine manager but I don't know if WWE needs Enzo Except British because you just know they'd make him wrestle.

I would love Lashley ripping up the main roster and he's legitimately the only thing I've enjoyed unironically in the last couple years. Presumably he'd have to give up Bellator though, no? I doubt WWE would let him do both.