Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Wow, this "Cobbler" movie sounds really stupid and lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Bryter posted:

There was a load of bullshit on both sides. The parameters they had Van Riper operate in (turning on his radar so blue could bomb his air defences, forcing him to disclose unit locations, forbidding him from using his chemical weapons stockpile, etc. etc.) were absurd, it's not difficult to see why he tried to gain an unrealistic advantage to offset the equally ridiculous conditions imposed upon him.

In any case the joint forces command report on the exercise outright admitted that the game ended up rigged to ensure a blue victory so lol at aggrieved armchair generals deciding that actually it was totally legit, America's #1 forever

MikeCrotch posted:

He also did poo poo like have a hive mind of rafts carrying anti-ship missiles that weighed more than they did, that "instinctively" knew where the US ships were at all times without using any form of communications

He would also just straight up ignore when his stuff got sunk or blown up if he felt like it

Is there any good source to see all this collected in one place? I've seen different posts with stories, and different news stories, but nothing comprehensive, and this has always been really interesting.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

You know the funniest thing about this is that there is already an American (and far superior) version of the drink called a Montana Mule, which takes out the lovely vodka for your choice of whiskey.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Sofonisbe/status/922161404014034946

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is what I mean by his wierdo creep posting all the time

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kind of a weak episode (love too listen to a video that the audience can't hear), but the important thing is:

https://twitter.com/jkirchick/status/922099165911572481

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
not great to use victims of sexual violence to score points against a couple of podcasts that make fun of you

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
To be clear: I think someone could have written that article with the motivation of confronting sexual violence on the left, but I don't for a second believe that's why Jamie wrote it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
He is grotesque.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Feldegast42 posted:

You know the funniest thing about this is that there is already an American (and far superior) version of the drink called a Montana Mule, which takes out the lovely vodka for your choice of whiskey.

So... a whiskey ginger?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Use rum and it becomes a Dark and Stormy, perhaps the best "BLANK and BLANK" cocktail there is.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neon Belly posted:

So... a whiskey ginger?

those usually use ginger ale instead of ginger beer.

I don't really like vodka (also, as eric garland points out, vodka is uh kompromat) so my preferred variations are a gin mule or a Kentucky mule (bourbon).

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

no way going "lol" at a woman's experiences with sexual harassment is totally normal

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I really like that this kind of laughing at women's trauma is something even Felix realized wasn't funny and apologized for but the idea that maximum irony is the true way has been burnt into enough sad brains that idiots are gonna keep it up even after their spiritual kings have disavowed it.

Fans of anything are super dumb of course, but that doesn't mean people criticizing the culture around Chapo aren't kind of right in spots.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i meant lol in the "yikes" sense, I should have learned from chapo :(

really, what else could you say to that

i posted it here because "nobel prize winning holocaust survivor groped me" is the most insanely bizarre/disturbing article ive read in weeks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

"nobel prize winning holocaust survivor groped me" is the most insanely bizarre/disturbing article ive read in weeks

Probably would have stuck with that over 'lol'.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Probably would have stuck with that over 'lol'.

lol

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Maybe it's a "laugh, to stop yourself from just screaming and crying" kind of a thing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Who's actually worse, the sum of the Nobel Peace Prize winners or the pseudo-Nobel economics winners?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Who's actually worse, the sum of the Nobel Peace Prize winners or the pseudo-Nobel economics winners?

pretty easy question: kissinger is among the former

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You think political satire died when Trump was elected, but as Tom Lehrer told us, it was actually when Kissinger won the Nobel.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I really like that this kind of laughing at women's trauma is something even Felix realized wasn't funny and apologized for but the idea that maximum irony is the true way has been burnt into enough sad brains that idiots are gonna keep it up even after their spiritual kings have disavowed it.

Fans of anything are super dumb of course, but that doesn't mean people criticizing the culture around Chapo aren't kind of right in spots.

I don't think Felix was right to say mean poo poo about sexual assault to a victim, but whats the issue with irony though?

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 24, 2017

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
im banned forum poster radiumstomper58...

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Halloween Jack posted:

You think political satire died when Trump was elected, but as Tom Lehrer told us, it was actually when Kissinger won the Nobel.

Imagine how I felt when Jagland gave it to Obama just so he could have dinner with him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
anonymous US House of Representatives wikipedia editor go on chapo

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/922814333754757120

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

anonymous US House of Representatives wikipedia editor go on chapo

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/922814333754757120

That is a Lovett or Leave It fan right there.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

new takes from the vox crew

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/24/16503462/dsa-women-cumtown-chapo

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

quote:

The two shows [Chapo and Cum Town] openly swap compliments and promote each other

:thunk: I can't remember the last time Chapo mentioned Cum Town at all on the podcast apart from a couple of references to hanging out with Nick. Maybe when they had Adam on about the Lyft thing?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HelixFox posted:

:thunk: I can't remember the last time Chapo mentioned Cum Town at all on the podcast apart from a couple of references to hanging out with Nick. Maybe when they had Adam on about the Lyft thing?

the c-spam thread has already gone over it. it's 2000 words of navel gazing about how problematic the left is and only use tim faust as a source about misogyny on the left.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's incredibly lame how ppl in real life feel compelled to write about the Chapo Trap House and Cum Town podcasts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the cum podcast is holding leftism back folks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Four days ago.

quote:

“I reported what had happened with the VP,” Rohatensky wrote. “A year later, I found out that an investigation had been done. That he had multiple victims within the company. That his punishment was being told he could not drink at corporate events any longer. He had too many shares in the company.”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Center Has A Harassment Problem

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Also kinda funny that one of the Cum Town hosts is literally a former Vox employee.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Man, it's almost like neoliberals want to smother any kind of left action or media in the crib so that they can just run another neoliberal in 2020 unopposed, maybe Hillary again, even!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
at what point when reporting about the podcast "cum town" do you ask yourself how badly you hosed up to get into that position?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

at what point when reporting about the podcast "cum town" do you ask yourself how badly you hosed up to get into that position?

they loved writing it. anything to hurt the left

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

I don't think Felix was right to say mean poo poo about sexual assault to a victim, but whats the issue with irony though?

Irony can be fine, you just have to have something more under it otherwise it's almost indistinguishable from prototypical dudebro edgy comedy. It's the same poo poo that started 4chan before they just became admitted racists/neo-nazis/etc. It's a type of humor that at its extremes feels reactionary to the performative caring you saw starting in more liberal social media 4-5 years ago and both just feel hollow as all hell. And most of the time it isn't even transgressive in a way that's funny or interesting it's just so loving boring.

Chapo's usually pretty okay at finding that balance but a lot of the fanbase, including posters in this thread like Al-saqr, don't get that nuance or understand it at all.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 24, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

it really does seem like the came up with the article concept first, realized the closest thing they had to a smoking gun was two podcast hosts hanging out together, and then said gently caress it we'll go ahead with the article anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Since when was cum town considered a left podcast