Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Dear god the quests are awful. And you can't skip the cinematics. The one where you're in the ship and ordis is trying to kill you is the worst thing I've ever done, and I thought that'd go to the "stay close to the ship" one before it where you can clip through the ship and beams go through it randomly to instant fail the mision.

The entire idea of the operator is truly garbage, too.

AttackBacon posted:

It's a weird hill to die on but taste is subjective. From an overall game design point of view though, Mobility 2.0 is objectively superior at accomplishing it's goals and is much, much more usable for the vast, vast majority of the playerbase. I think you have to accept that much at least. You laser-focused on optimizing around an unintended interaction in the previous system whereas the current system allows the plebs to actually access some degree of that mobility (it's also much more visually and thematically appropriate). It also unshackles a major pillar of player equipment from a system it was never intended to interact with in such a fundamental way.

As an aside, if part of the problem is that causing death to everything around you isn't as efficient, then there are some things you can do to ameliorate that. A good Ember build with Firewalker will get you moving at a good clip while fairly trivially killing everything around you with minimal effort on your part, at least until the levels start getting up past the 40's. You can also beef your sentinels up (and they all take Vacuum now, unshackling you from carrier unless you have an ammo-dependent weapon, as carrier provides universal ammo mutation) pretty heftily and they can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you on regular missions. A Volt with a good Maiming Strike whip build and plenty of power strength will also having you zipping around while blending everything in your general vicinity (it's also completely reliant on spamming slide attacks so you can relive your glory days).
I think movement 2.0 is good, but it also makes the game way less fun for me personally. Except when jumping vertically.

I mean everything dies instantly, that much has not changed too much. It's more I just move too drat slow especially while using abilities in the air or trying to shoot while moving.

Helter Skelter posted:

Based on what you're saying here, this 100% sounds like the fault of your weird-rear end bindings. The fact that you felt they were necessary while coptering was still a thing is a testament (one of many) to why it was changed. All I've changed from the default is put crouch on middle mouse and everything is smooth and natural.

Once you've got a good feel for it, you're just cannonballing around all over the place and nothing can stop you. There are times where I feel nostalgic for coptering, but I can't say I truly miss it.
Any mouse button or mwheel that's not m1/m2 is unusable during movement for the most part. I'll try crouch on mwheeldown.

My binds are pretty standard fps fare. Mwheeldown for jump is a staple since quake1, although usually I have jump on space also. The problem is you have to crouch a lot in warframe and ctrl isn't a key you shouldn't be spamming pretty much ever. You literally have identical binds to me except you put crouch on mwheel instead of jump.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I rebound crouch to mb4 on the side. It made all the difference in movement 2.0 useability and carpal tunnel prevention. mwheeldown for jump :psypop:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Avynte posted:

I rebound crouch to mb4 on the side. It made all the difference in movement 2.0 useability and carpal tunnel prevention. mwheeldown for jump :psypop:
Not getting the psyduck. You tap jump, you don't hold it, in nearly all the fps games. Mwheeldown lets you time it precisely for bunny hopping in quake/hl1 engine games. It's probably part of why I was good at coptering. In those games I would use space for normal jumps and mwheeldown for movement related jumps. In warframe I did it kinda the same, but with old wall run you had to be kinda precise anyway so I'd just use ctrl to do wall runs.

In most fps games I use space, but you tap crouch more than jump in copterframe, and crouch is something you had to use to determine the direction of your movement so putting it on a mouse button was a no-go for me.

ps helter I am Watlok in-game I think you are still on my friends list.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 25, 2017

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Khorne posted:

Not getting the psyduck. You tap jump, you don't hold it, in nearly all the fps games. Mwheeldown lets you time it precisely for bunny hopping in quake/hl1 engine games. It's probably part of why I was good at coptering. In those games I would use space for normal jumps and mwheeldown for movement related jumps. In warframe I did it kinda the same, but with old wall run you had to be kinda precise anyway so I'd just use ctrl to do wall runs.

In most fps games I use space, but you tap crouch more than jump in copterframe, and crouch is something you had to use to determine the direction of your movement so putting it on a mouse button was a no-go for me.

I mean, if the muscle memory and hand position is locked in from 15+ years of hardcore gaming then you're not gonna change, but I don't see it as something useful to continue in this day and age. Movement 2.0 had my hands hurting for 24 hrs and I missed coptering, then I just changed control schemes and never worried about it again.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Avynte posted:

I mean, if the muscle memory and hand position is locked in from 15+ years of hardcore gaming then you're not gonna change, but I don't see it as something useful to continue in this day and age. Movement 2.0 had my hands hurting for 24 hrs and I missed coptering, then I just changed control schemes and never worried about it again.
Nah, I used space in gunz where you literally press an average of 500 keys per minute, and I use space in most games. It's just a question of where to put duck or sprint in warframe. I'm going to try moving duck to mwheeldown and see how it goes.

I'm comfortable with using shift/space/numbers/q/e/t maybe mwheeldown.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone should be doing that twitch stream thing. I got enough Nitain to last for the next year. Also a ton of forma BP, 9 days of affinity boosters etc.

How many streams are you guys running? I'm sticking with 20

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 25, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Khorne posted:

Nah, I used space in gunz where you literally press an average of 500 keys per minute, and I use space in most games. It's just a question of where to put duck or sprint in warframe. I'm going to try moving duck to mwheeldown and see how it goes.

Get a Logitech G600, you'll never run out of buttons. I've got crouch bound to the G-shift button on mine.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Y'all know V is toggle-crouch, right?

And that toggle-crouch is still crouch, and easier to hit while also holding shift?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I just put slide/crouch on F, it is easy to hit f+space a lot to jump around. I think that might have been quick melee or something which I put on E? I haven't used the default controls in this game for a long time.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

xiansi posted:

Lex pistol.

That was a good upgrade. A six-shooter sniper pistol, just what I wanted. Even the bucket-helmet corpus go down in one shot if I aim right, as do their awful flying robot shield generators.

Whoever suggested that, many thanks.

Obviously now I want the prime version. Already have a barrel from some random relic mission, and found this gibberish. It all looks 'common', which is probably good news, but what do the numbers & letters mean?

It means that you get it for free if you ask in clanchat. Most uncommons people will give away too. Lex braton burston paris and anything else of that stripe are usually trashed for ducks when barro is in town.

Washout fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 25, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I might be weird, but I just have crouch on C.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Just started a couple days ago mastery rank 4 now I think. I somehow have a lato vandal pistol. It seems like my best weapon at the moment. Is this thing worth formaing?

I'm not sure where I got it from though

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've been playing FPS for as long as I can remember and have never heard of binding jump to mouse wheel. What the ever loving gently caress. Makes sense for a dude named khorne, I guess.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

LeninVS posted:

Just started a couple days ago mastery rank 4 now I think. I somehow have a lato vandal pistol. It seems like my best weapon at the moment. Is this thing worth formaing?

You have...a Lato Vandal? Did you play in the closed beta?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

LeninVS posted:

Did you beta test the game? If not you lucked out and the game thinks you did!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Raptor1033 posted:

I've been playing FPS for as long as I can remember and have never heard of binding jump to mouse wheel. What the ever loving gently caress. Makes sense for a dude named khorne, I guess.

It was specifically a thing in old PC FPSes like Quake, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 1, etc. Bunnyhopping to move faster required you to jump again the moment you hit the ground, and players found it easier to spam their mousewheel instead of precisely timing a buttonpress.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Khorne posted:

Dear god the quests are awful. And you can't skip the cinematics. The one where you're in the ship and ordis is trying to kill you is the worst thing I've ever done, and I thought that'd go to the "stay close to the ship" one before it where you can clip through the ship and beams go through it randomly to instant fail the mision.

The entire idea of the operator is truly garbage, too.
I think movement 2.0 is good, but it also makes the game way less fun for me personally. Except when jumping vertically.

I mean everything dies instantly, that much has not changed too much. It's more I just move too drat slow especially while using abilities in the air or trying to shoot while moving.
Any mouse button or mwheel that's not m1/m2 is unusable during movement for the most part. I'll try crouch on mwheeldown.

My binds are pretty standard fps fare. Mwheeldown for jump is a staple since quake1, although usually I have jump on space also. The problem is you have to crouch a lot in warframe and ctrl isn't a key you shouldn't be spamming pretty much ever. You literally have identical binds to me except you put crouch on mwheel instead of jump.

I did this earlier. Fuckers I do not enjoy slow walking in games ever, EVER. Like I enjoyed laser beaming those red dudes and some turrets then you have to poo poo all over this with unhooded idiot walks around in the cold.

Khorne posted:

Booo butterflying yaaay sneaky dagger lunges and grenades.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 25, 2017

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Elysiume posted:

You have...a Lato Vandal? Did you play in the closed beta?

when I tried to make an account last week it said my username was already taken.
I did a password reset on it and apparently I made a war frame account many years ago but never actually logged into the game.

at least that is what I think happened.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

all I know is after a week of playing regularly I can propel myself at Mach speed through most maps leap frogging off goons heads whether they're corpus, grineer, or infested but if it's the corpus wreck map tileset I'm going to get lost halfway through and find myself staring at a wall of ice with the objective marker inexplicably behind it

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Corpus wreck ice map is one of the worst ones in the game, everyone gets lost in it don't feel bad.
It's tied with the Corpus ship overgrown by the Infestation map for confusing poo poo I can't see anything in.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How long are the twitch drops running?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I finally had my third stupid Lua thing and the game servers died. I know it won't be recorded, and that I hate myself and lust for anime elf death.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

did the servers totally poo poo themselves or is it just me?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Anyone else having problems connecting all of a sudden?

sgbyou posted:

ayyyyy

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

I finally had my third stupid Lua thing and the game servers died. I know it won't be recorded, and that I hate myself and lust for anime elf death.

When the game unfucks itself do the Lua crossfire exterminate. The lua challenge rooms are extremely common on that map and the only reason I didn't go 3 for 3 is that sentinels hosed me up the 2nd time through.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dely Apple posted:

Tenno Tenno Tenno, just ask someone in clan to take you through it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sandweed posted:

Tenno Tenno Tenno, just ask someone in clan to take you through it.

Like Sandweed, who helped me with couple of them, and bunch of other things I needed to do to unlock more locations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How long are the twitch drops running?

The announcement said two weeks after launch, meaning October 12th-26th, but they said they’d extend the event after the drops didn’t work for the first couple days.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sininu posted:

Like Sandweed, who helped me with couple of them, and bunch of other things I needed to do to unlock more locations.

I did also send your warframe to a place beyond time and space.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

sgbyou posted:

Severs still up for me, However chat is not working at all, was wondering why everyone was being quiet

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sandweed posted:

I did also send your warframe to a place beyond time and space.

I could upload a video showing what happened exactly if anyone's interested.

E: actually nvm this, I pressed record last 5 min too late to show much.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 25, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Well, since no one is explaining, go for it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1302780-twitch-irc

This works for drops.

Apparently doesn't work? Worked for a bit then stopped.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 25, 2017

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

quote:

Prerequisites
In order to connect to Twitch IRC, you must have two pieces of information:

Good job Twitch.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It was specifically a thing in old PC FPSes like Quake, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 1, etc. Bunnyhopping to move faster required you to jump again the moment you hit the ground, and players found it easier to spam their mousewheel instead of precisely timing a buttonpress.

Yeah I remember bunny hopping, mostly from counterstrike. I refused to do it on principle cause I was better than that. :chord:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've been able to play but chat isn't working for me at all, I imagine i'm not the only one. So with nothing to distract me I smashed my way through The War Within for the first time. I must say that was a balls to the wall mind gently caress from start to finish and I had a blast.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've got that quest next and I'm looking forward to it. I did the second dream yesterday and that was awesome as well. The soundtrack is really good.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I really wish there were more guides for this game. Is there a way to display stats for weapons when looking at them in the goon labs? I can't tell what's decent and what's trash for my playstyle/frames.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Just started getting into this game and I noticed this twitch promotion so I linked my account. Now all I have to do is have a a bunch of streams open and I should get random loot? Is that how it works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dr. Carwash posted:

Just started getting into this game and I noticed this twitch promotion so I linked my account. Now all I have to do is have a a bunch of streams open and I should get random loot? Is that how it works?

You'll get an assload of great stuff. Forma BP, Nitain Extract, a couple xp boosters