Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Finally got it working and I really like it for what it is. I don’t mind if it turns into a bit of a grind eventually since full retail Animal Crossings pretty much get like that at points.

It’s hilarious how much better visually it looks than New Leaf.:lol:

Yeah it looks great! I just got cherry to move in so I'm happy, however, the last item I sent to craft is set to take 5 hours so that's less good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It does a great job of making me excited for an Animal Crossing on Switch. Hopefully it holds me over until then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

nerd_of_prey posted:

Yeah it looks great! I just got cherry to move in so I'm happy, however, the last item I sent to craft is set to take 5 hours so that's less good!

*Tom Nook eyes you from across the room*

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

nerd_of_prey posted:

I just started my new tent and that poo poo takes about 12 hours :negative:

Working on Tex, Eloise and Lily at the moment. I have Bunny and Beau unlocked, but they haven't shown up on the map yet.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I just started my new tent and that poo poo takes about 12 hours :negative:

Working on Tex, Eloise and Lily at the moment. I have Bunny and Beau unlocked, but they haven't shown up on the map yet.

Better than New Leaf where it takes 24. :colbert:

So if you create an Australian Apple ID and download it, can you then switch back to your normal ID or do you have to stay logged in on your Australian one?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Better than New Leaf where it takes 24. :colbert:

So if you create an Australian Apple ID and download it, can you then switch back to your normal ID or do you have to stay logged in on your Australian one?

The problem with long crafting times in this game means you won't be able to recruit some villagers before they move on as they stick around for around 3 hours and may require you to craft 4 items to invite them

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

nerd_of_prey posted:

The problem with long crafting times in this game means you won't be able to recruit some villagers before they move on as they stick around for around 3 hours and may require you to craft 4 items to invite them

So wait for them to cycle back?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

So wait for them to cycle back?

Sounds like a perfect time to advertise those Amiibo cards again and give them a sales boost.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

It feels more like Happy Home Designer than a real AC game, but I'm having fun with it.

Add me, fellow "Australians" (also real Australians, I guess)
2147-1236-974

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Asking my question again - if I create the fake Aussie account to download it, do I have to stay in that fake account to play it or can I just log back into my normal account?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Not sure. We'll have to wait and see when it releases for other regions. I haven't tied mine to my Nintendo ID yet, so as far as I can tell, everything should just be linked to Google play/iTunes. :shrug:

Does anyone know if you have to have the required furniture always in your layout for the certain animals to show up? Or do you just need to meet the special requests once to unlock them?

They all seem to hang out on their favorite chair, and the other stuff like lamps and things aren't necessary to have in the plot. Just wondering if I can start working on a theme, or if I need to keep at least one of each chair they like.

Edit: the game is going to be pretty slow going if you don't unlock slots for inventory space and crafting slots as previously mentioned, some items take hours to craft. I have yet to spend any leaf tickets, and I'm only level 9 thus far. Working on the stretch goals is the best way I've found to get further in game.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 26, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Catch rates.

This info is in game under Details of the honey, and nets, but I thought I'd post it for the inevitable thread.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad Animal Crossing waited until government mandated catch rates were a thing before it came along to the mobile space.

And I'm not being sarcastic I'm genuinely glad they have to include this information. At least I think they have to.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm glad Animal Crossing waited until government mandated catch rates were a thing before it came along to the mobile space.

And I'm not being sarcastic I'm genuinely glad they have to include this information. At least I think they have to.

I don't think they have to cause I know I've heard a story where China mandated it and Blizzard found a way to circumvent it so they don't have to show drop rates for their lootboxes.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Just hit level 10 and it gives you more space, so don't spend your leafbux too hastily before that!

And level 15

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 26, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just hit level 10 and it gives you more space, so don't spend your leafbux too hastily before that!

And level 15

How are you levelling up so fast? I'm on level 5 and keep reaching the point where there is nothing to do!

Also I haven't managed to get 5 friends to help me get in that quarry yet! Got enough friends they are just not helpful

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I'm sick as gently caress at the moment, so all I've done is play this poo poo. Basically I farm as many bugs, fish, and fruit as I can. I try to keep no more than 5 of any one item, then I talk to all the animals in my camp and complete any quests they may have.

Then I move on to the animals on the maps. Once I can't finish any more quests, I craft whatever I can to get more animals to show up to camp.

Protip: don't level up your tent until you cap out on animals in your camp. Meaning, level them up as much as you can, and have as many as you can in camp at once. They all get heart exp, which boosts your level, once you level up your tent.

In order to have an animal join your camp, you just have to craft all the items in their list,you then place their favorite items in your camp once, then you can remove them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

nerd_of_prey posted:

I would just get it now if I were you, I don't think it's got much longevity, seems pretty shallow lots of simple fetch quests.

I think I will get bored of it pretty quickly. Even if I spend the 250 tokens to get kk sliders stool, I would need another 250 to get Tom books chair, which would require real money and I'm not prepared to spend it and i am sure other expensive items will follow.

Aww, that's not fair! It's not even officially released yet. I don't want to mess around with the .apk or whatever they're called and setting up an Australian account! Plus my phone is ancient and I doubt it could even run the game. I probably won't be able to play until Christmas, when I (hopefully) get a new phone. I haven't been able to play Pokemon Go for months. It's a real drag.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I like it more today than I did yesterday! I don't seem to be able to sell my bugs/fish/fruit just furniture?

I have a full camp now but going to kick someone out so bunny can move in!

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
You sell bugs/fish/fruit through the item/inventory menu instead of through vendors. Tap on an item and you have the option to "List for sale" in your Market Box (you get to decide the price from a range, and you're dependent on other players buying the stuff), or "Sell" instantly for a predetermined price.

Also, as far as phone performance goes, I'm playing on a real budget piece of poo poo (Moto E 2nd Gen) and the game runs fine, so I wouldn't let that stop you. The account stuff, however, is probably a good reason to hold off if you're outside Australia, as I don't think anybody knows how the Nintendo Club linking is going to shake out, and if you know you're going to get a new device soon, starting now without guaranteeing you can carry your save over (via the link) probably wouldn't be wise (though I guess you could just make a Nintendo Account solely for this).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If I download this with a fake Australian iOS account, do I have to stay logged in to play after I download or can I log back into my real one?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I have Flora the peppy flamingo in boxes today if someone wants her. Her house is a bit of a mess and she probably has a stupid catch phrase.

RIP flora, you were a weird bird and i won't miss you

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 29, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry if people are getting sick of the pocket camp chat, but how cute is this?!!

https://twitter.com/phatlizzy/status/924005493336694784

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
How is that blender getting power?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Added everyone on the spreadsheet again. Always feelin' it to decorate with flowers!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
My dream address changed! Do I need to submit another form, or can someone make an adjustment?

New dream code: 5C00-000F-88FF

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Artsygrrl posted:

My dream address changed! Do I need to submit another form, or can someone make an adjustment?

New dream code: 5C00-000F-88FF

Your request has been passed to Isabelle for adjustment. Thank you!

(And sorry for the form bug, Haifisch)

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 30, 2017

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I've been gone for a week, because I was sick. Kidney trouble sucks by the way :( Anyway, I filled in the form, so I hope I will get lots and lots of visitors to Animalia really soon.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mordiceius posted:

Asking my question again - if I create the fake Aussie account to download it, do I have to stay in that fake account to play it or can I just log back into my normal account?

I immediately logged out of my fake ID after the tutorial, and it hasn't complained, yet. Maybe that will change once an update comes around.

This game is alright. No doubt the inevitable switch version of AC will be much better, though.

edit: Oh yeah, my ID is: 5581 1522 713. I go by Mr. C to commemorate the implementation of artificial tans.

And More fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 2, 2017

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I have Fang in boxes. Feel free to stop by Animalia to pick him up. As always, you can harvest every single tree, and pick all the beach flowers. Only the beach flowers, OK? But there are two or three of all hybrids, plus lots and lots of hybrid offspring if you want to up your chances. I also left out some wrapped gifts, please take one. Mostly clothing, but not bad clothing. Welcome to Animalia! :D

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I just had my one year anniversary as mayor, everyone else who started playing again when the update dropped is probably coming up on their anniversary too ;)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder why they scrapped connectivity between New Leaf and Pocket Camp. Its pretty obvious that they would go together considering the campground is the main thing New Leaf added in the update.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fang is a good doggo. i already have him or i'd take him.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

.TakaM posted:

I just had my one year anniversary as mayor, everyone else who started playing again when the update dropped is probably coming up on their anniversary too ;)

Oh yeah! My town's anniversary is today, I'd forgotten. I bought this game at launch and have gone through a few towns by now but never managed to catch an anniversary. Guess I'll see to that now.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Today has been an interesting day in Pocket Camp.

I smoked some fish…

Almost bought a very expensive fish…

And I met a spooky ghost living in a ghost camp. :ghost:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder why they scrapped connectivity between New Leaf and Pocket Camp. Its pretty obvious that they would go together considering the campground is the main thing New Leaf added in the update.

Do we know if it has been scrapped? I figure if it wasn't at launch it would be a feature later.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do we know if it has been scrapped? I figure if it wasn't at launch it would be a feature later.

I guess not but there was like only one mention of connectivity last year and nothing since.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I guess not but there was like only one mention of connectivity last year and nothing since.

Good point hope we get some answers once it starts launching outside of Australia.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Good point hope we get some answers once it starts launching outside of Australia.

I don't really know how the games would interact since Pocket Camp is almost the complete opposite of New Leaf. Furniture is incredibly expensive, money is really limited, but you can freely choose the villagers you want at your camp.

nerd_of_prey posted:

This is actually not a problem. The villagers just have to be there for the fetch quests. Once they've reached the required friendship level, you can take your time with the furniture, and simply call them up whenever you're ready.

I've been wondering:
Do I have to craft every item for the villagers or can I simply buy them at Nook's. Waiting for the items isn't a big deal, but I'm starting to run out of crafting material. Like, there is no way to buy your way out of having so little wool, either. I suppose you'd just have to spend every day doing fetch quests in the hopes of getting more.

Is there any point in keeping rare bugs and fish? No villager has ever requested a rare bug. They always just want bucket loads of fruit beetles.

Some nice moments from today:

I'm fairly sure we're camper bros now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Can anyone who's messed around with the Pocket Camp Friends system tell me what information you get to see about your friends? I'm personally waiting for the worldwide release, but I want to start updating the database.

If it's something as simple as username and ID number that's easy, but is there anything else?

• Locked thread