Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Emu sucks until he starts getting sick of this poo poo
Hiiro sucks until he learns the hu-man concept of emotions
Taiga sucks until he becomes half of Team Rocket

Genm is always great, FROM START TO CLIMAX!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ep. 3 thoughts: good fight. gently caress Taiga.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

gently caress Taiga.

After you reach Christmas you should watch the 3 part video on him. There’s technically a fourth part yet to be released, but it looks like it’s largely just bridging events before the show started with the first episode.

It puts his dickish desire to be the only Rider into better perspective.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A lot of Ex-Aid is based around seeing how a bunch of assholes are given power and slowly but surely become better people. Even Emu himself is 50% an rear end. The nicest Rider gets her powers while brainwashed and evil too, as if to prove the point.

The only exception is Neo Dan Kuroto God because he's already perfect so he doesn't need to improve in any way whatsoever. And even there we're shown nicer sides to him once he becomes good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watching Ex Aid now and these operations would go easier if they fuckin sedated these smart mouth kids.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the bastard kids keep running off even when they know there are monsters around. their parents just kinda shrug and go 'what ya gonna do?'

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Maybe quit it with the spoilers. I want to see Lizard Wizard's unsullied reaction to Ex-Aid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the bastard kids don't really matter to the story and are largely interchangeable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Coq au Nandos posted:

Maybe quit it with the spoilers. I want to see Lizard Wizard's unsullied reaction to Ex-Aid.

he's farther in than I am.

So far, I've been introduced to a bunch of people I can't remember their names. Except for Taiga cuz he a bitch. The genius doctor dude is kind of an rear end in a top hat but his seems justified because everyone around him is either batshit or inherently existential crisis inducing. The newbie doc seems nice enough but is probably a mass murderer given my experiences with kamen rider.

Overall, its a super different vibe, closer to Ultraman than Agito or 555. The bright action scenes are almost overwhelming but they're well choreographed to look visually pleasing. The belts are very funky and I'll surprised if they don't do a gag where the belts get stuck on stuff.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

coconono posted:

he's farther in than I am.

Are you the guy that pissed on it because of its suit design and watched Agito for its edgy angsty attitudes instead (I seem to remember thinking “mma avatar = 2hardcore”) because if so I’m very interested in your reaction posting

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Craptacular! posted:

Are you the guy that pissed on it because of its suit design and watched Agito for its edgy angsty attitudes instead (I seem to remember thinking “mma avatar = 2hardcore”) because if so I’m very interested in your reaction posting
Coco is probably the last person I'd accuse of being edgy and angsty

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm very high and I'm and about to start episode 4.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm flattered?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Smash cut to half an hour later and I'm just now starting the thing, and can I just say I'm shocked that the stakes are already this high? I'm not used to my brightly colored fightman shows having plots, this is gonna be a ride.

E: holy poo poo, Kiriya just shows up like that?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 26, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Episode 4 thoughts: jesus christ

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Episode 4 thoughts: jesus christ
Please keep liveblogging these, this is always entertaining.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just finished episode 5 and, uh, wow. Are there always so many evil riders in KR?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just finished episode 5 and, uh, wow. Are there always so many evil riders in KR?
There's usually one "rival" in a lot of the post Agito shows. Some of them become full-on secondary riders, some become anti-heroes, and some are just dicks until the day they die.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are there always so many evil riders in KR?

From my limited understanding, Shadow Moon in KR Black is like the Evil Green Ranger of KR. No longer the best example of his breed, but once was popular enough that they keep trying to chase that high over and over again.

Edit: Speaking of things a Power Rangers fan would note, pay enough attention to Kiriya and you'll see he has a thing for "JDF kicks" if you know what I mean. It becomes part of his transformation routine and in his most badass moment they even slow-mo it.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 26, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

Coco is probably the last person I'd accuse of being edgy and angsty

I'm pretty chill, unless there's nazis or racists about.

Anyway, I got to episode 48 on Agito and decided it was too much of a slog to continue. I'll spoiler my thoughts:

Houjou is a bastard and I'm upset he's still alive.
The fact the police unit thinks Hikawa is field capable despite showing all the signs of CTE is equally maddening. But he's very manly!
Ryou seems to be the only relatively normal person dealing with his batshit body.
Shouichi, something's not right with that boy.
Kino was a dick, I'm glad he's dead. Motherfucker you climbed a goddamn arctic mountain and froze to neardeath. Your pain is completely self inflicted, ease off the douchebag.
The YingYang twins battle is pretty nonsensical to me. If they're capable of moving stars and poo poo, why are they wasting their time making monsters and riders?

The tonal shift from Agito to ExAid was pretty welcome. Still not a huge fan of the suits because there's not enough armor. Watching them move around in the Level 1 armor is pretty cool tho.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Danger! Danger! Death Crisis! Genocide. :getin:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zedd posted:

Danger! Danger! Death Crisis! Genocide. :getin:

It's genocide first!!!!!

Danger! Danger! GENOCIDE! Death Crisis! DANGEROUS ZOMBIE

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's genocide first!!!!!

Danger! Danger! GENOCIDE! Death Crisis! DANGEROUS ZOMBIE
I have failed shin Dan Karuto :(

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zedd posted:

Deus will have no mercy for you.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zedd posted:

Kuroto.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I give up.

Now where is my Hyper Muteki figuarts bandai.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also it's Death THE Crisis

DANGEROUS ZOMBIE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Let's not spill too much. LW deserves to experience this unsullied by our nerd gushing, no matter how warranted.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

More EX Aid reactions. Oh goody :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just finished episode 5, the new armors are insane. In terms of the later era hesei stuff this is starting to become my fave. Its batshit and frenetic, and I'm digging that right now. All the riders are real cuties too.

E: oh god the armor gets even more batshit!

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 27, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Episode 6: DOREMI BRAVE :swoon:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

Episode 6: DOREMI BRAVE :swoon:

The thing about Ex-Aid before 30 or so that kind of annoyed me (and thankfully Build is balancing it out better) is that Monsters Of The Week are so secondary to the drama of fighting the weekly villainous heavyweight.

But episode 6’s monster is as good as a generic monster can get for being so chill. When Graphite and Black Mighty X declare the battle over, the monster’s casual peace-we-out is to point with both hands and utter, “Yo.”
It’s :perfect:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I was thinking about gracing my new phone with Dangerous Zombie for a wallpaper, but I'm having trouble just finding a decent one. I might have to go screenshot hunting and roll my own.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/apollogeese/status/923804481451708416

Space in there so it doesn't embed in case people wanna not be spoiled but...here's Claws/Cross.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 27, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
your link's broken

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You have to click on the link then add the 6. Copy-pasting it won't work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said I specifically added the space in the link so it wouldn't embed in case people wanna avoid spoilers.

E: There you are, I don't think people actually care. It's been telegraphed heavily since like episode 2 anyway.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 27, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Thank you for trying. I intentionally avoid scans, just because I like not knowing what poo poo looks like (although that was probably the most predictable one ever.)

I used to check 'em out all the time, but I've learned that part of the reason none of these shows can seem as good as the ones in my youth is because I didn't know that I was due for the rangers to whip out something new.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 27, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Not Dragon/something?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Whoops, I kinda went and watched episodes 7-11 all of a sudden. Excellent stuff, can't really organize my thoughts on the matter atm.

That said, I'm on 12 right now and holy poo poo the Christmas form :haw:

E: forgot to mention, but is the implication with Graphite that bugsters gain a human form when their host dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lizard Wizard posted:

E: forgot to mention, but is the implication with Graphite that bugsters gain a human form when their host dies?

Yes, with the partial exception of if they had a human-looking form to begin with. But then they would get a different human form, too :ohdear: