Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Since we're posting friend codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sometimes, as much as i do enjoy the game, i wonder if i'll really still be playing it in two years or whatever.

Then i see stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECINnjJ2TOY

and i think...ya know, i probably will be.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a kitten posted:

Sometimes, as much as i do enjoy the game, i wonder if i'll really still be playing it in two years or whatever.

Then i see stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECINnjJ2TOY

and i think...ya know, i probably will be.

oh my god

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Why else do you you think there's ppl suffering in JP after two years

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Compendium posted:

Why else do you you think there's ppl suffering in JP after two years

Gacha is suffering.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Okay, so as I understand it, Nero's from an early Fate videogame (Hence her 100% saber ripoff-level) and kind of an eccentric weirdo.

But why 'Umu'?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Crasical posted:

Okay, so as I understand it, Nero's from an early Fate videogame (Hence her 100% saber ripoff-level) and kind of an eccentric weirdo.

But why 'Umu'?

It's her catchphrase of sorts, although it's basically just a noise she makes. Think of it like a self-satisfied "Mhm".

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Aaaah. I mostly play GO with the sound muted, so I haven't heard the voice acting. I guess I missed it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So the two Mecha Elis have different NP effects. OG Eli removes defense buffs and instant death resist, while MK2 ignores defense.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Crasical posted:

Aaaah. I mostly play GO with the sound muted, so I haven't heard the voice acting. I guess I missed it.
Nero's voice and charisma are some of the best things going for her.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think 'umu' is included a lot in her written dialogue, too

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

I think 'umu' is included a lot in her written dialogue, too

It is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The fact that caster Nero had no references to cardcaptor sakura is very sad

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

The fact that caster Nero had no references to cardcaptor sakura is very sad
It's been years since I've seen that anime. Remind me why? Is it a reference to Kero??

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

RanKizama posted:

It's been years since I've seen that anime. Remind me why? Is it a reference to Kero??

Nero and Sakura have the same VA.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Thuryl posted:

No poo poo? I didn't know that. Thanks. :cheers:

Huh, she also voices Jack in Apocrypha.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Thuryl posted:

poo poo. I did not realize this. I must roll the :umu: on her next rate-up.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
SAlter and Bride are best saber faces (if you exclude JAlter)

Shiki and Musashi are the best sabers though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Speaking of cardcaptor, there's a sequel coming.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Speaking of cardcaptor, there's a sequel coming.

it looks bad

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's based on the manga, which as far as I've read is the same basic formula as the original run. Mysterious event happens, cards show up, Sakura gotta collect cards.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well so do FGO players. Except the card-collecting bit is kinda independent of the 'mysterious events' bit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pureauthor posted:

Well so do FGO players. Except the card-collecting bit is kinda independent of the 'mysterious events' bit.
There will be those later.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finally got Tamamonomae to level 90!!

Now onto Kiyohime so she is less paper than the fan she is holding.

I think Mornings -> XP Card farming, Afternoons -> Event farming on either account.

Once I get to predictable 40 AP quests on JP this changes but for now this is time efficient while letting my advance some Servants; I have Penthelisa to 72 and she'd be nice at 80 for the event; fem!Kratos is rad.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Crasical posted:

But why 'Umu'?

Umu basically means "indeed," something that defines someone as haughty or noble.

Nero uses it as punctuation.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Nero doesn't even umu that much, as far as I could tell her usage is contextually appropriate.

But the way she pronounces it is seems to make it more noticeable, so yeah.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I actually rolled Tamamo.

...I think I should save now.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 26, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

quote:

Nothing screams "divine punishment" quite like dysentery caused by eating moldy bread
:stonklol:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, you don't want to upset your reliable fox shrine maiden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHUa0rtRgs

In fact, thats the "noble phantasm" of her Lancer version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LDMAA-Wu2E

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 26, 2017

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Hi, I started this game a little over a week ago and I have a few questions I was hoping this thread could answer! (I'm just past Orleans)

1) What are some important things I should be doing that I might not know about?
2) Do I have enough time to get the good stuff from the Halloween event?
3) Should I be really dedicated to doing 10 pulls with my Saint Quartz or can I keep doing 1 pulls because I'm impatient?
4) Should I be pulling from the Halloween banner or the Story one? My brain says Halloween but I really don't want to get anymore Mephistopheles.
5) Why won't the game let me say nice things to Kiyohime in the Halloween event? She's nice and probably won't burn me to death
6) Why doesn't Heracles have any nipples?

Thank you!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

2) Likely too late to get everything, but if you can get a Halloween Princess or some of the ascension materials then go right ahead. If you're not strong enough or lack enough AP to farm then don't worry about it too much.
3) 10 pulls guarantee a single 4*/5*. There's no guarantee for single pulls. If you honestly can't restrain yourself then go ahead, but you're playing a losing game with 1-3% odds.
4) Halloween if you really want one of the promotional servants, Story if you don't. Special banners only improve chances at those particular servants in the grand scheme of things, not the chances of getting a 4*/5*.
6) No one man should have all that power

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
I swear I've gotten like 10 gold statues instead of Halloween Princess from Atlante drops. Please, release me from this hell :negative:

Lumen fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 26, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Lumen posted:

I swear I've gotten like 10 gold statues instead of Halloween Princess from Atlante drops. Please, release me from this hell :negative:

:same:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Just checking something before I waste stamina and/or apples: the heart drop rates from demons are really low, right? I'm trying to figure out if resetting those quests with Medea for heart drops is worth it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Absurdly low yes.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Asimo posted:

Absurdly low yes.
Thank you. Back to waiting for Guda Guda and the guaranteed hearts from the event shop then.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
...Tamamo is scary.
I'm going to relax and be satisfied with my dopey foxcatrabbitdog berserker.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

LightningSquid posted:

Hi, I started this game a little over a week ago and I have a few questions I was hoping this thread could answer! (I'm just past Orleans)

1) What are some important things I should be doing that I might not know about?
2) Do I have enough time to get the good stuff from the Halloween event?
3) Should I be really dedicated to doing 10 pulls with my Saint Quartz or can I keep doing 1 pulls because I'm impatient?
4) Should I be pulling from the Halloween banner or the Story one? My brain says Halloween but I really don't want to get anymore Mephistopheles.
5) Why won't the game let me say nice things to Kiyohime in the Halloween event? She's nice and probably won't burn me to death
6) Why doesn't Heracles have any nipples?

Thank you!
1) You could reroll account for 5* instead of depending on luck. You will need low stars servant because party cost will limit your team. The game can be beat with 3* and lower, but 5* will make your life much easier.

2) Yes, low level player will get plenty of level up with AP full refill to catch up. You should use all the apples if you want to clear the shop. Some high boss fight definitely need a friend servant to carry your team or you could spend some quart or command seal to revive.

3) 10 pulls provide guarantee one 4* card.

4) Either is fine. The event will be over soon and those event CE won't help you as much. The Tamamo servant is quite desired for Art team, but not really essential.

5) If you read her profile with bond unlock: One specifically state to never lie to her as that is her Berseker trigger to murder you. So the joke is the MC is trying not to lie and stuck with single panel choice or two panel choice that is the same answer.

6) He might be mistaken for a beautiful woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is there still one more guerilla quest coming for Halloween (or maybe it's just a one-off)? Or did I dream up that idea in a pumpkin induced delirium?