Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Trevor Lee is real good despite TNA being utterly incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/923370738899238913

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't Trevor Lee have like a 2 hour match last year that people really liked

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTx-9X3Kr34

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If see's it through and hopefully gets clean we could get Jeff's WWE Hall of Fame induction or Jesus Force Wrestling.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrgbheklZM

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

It cuts right before one of my favorite jokes

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Trevor Lee's indie gimmick is that he's a heel with a self-inflated ego because he's a TNA superstar. Yes, he still has the announcer announce it as TNA.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm not saying Trevor Lee is not cool and good, just that I've heard way, way, way less about him being cool and good since he joined TNA than before he did. It's possible I'm just not looking in the right places for Trevor Lee hype though.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just watch some of his PWG matches over the past couple years

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm not saying Trevor Lee is not cool and good, just that I've heard way, way, way less about him being cool and good since he joined TNA than before he did. It's possible I'm just not looking in the right places for Trevor Lee hype though.

I think he has to be booked through TNA's office, which under the hind end of the Dixie Era wasn't answering the phone. Anthem came in and immediately started clamping down on stuff further, widening the split with The Hardys. Same reason why Moose has had so much free time to impress us all with his stupidity.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
trevor lee was good at the AAW shows I went to a couple weekends ago except for the part where he called a fan a human being mid-match

that was not great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I do honestly hope rehab works for JJ because man I wouldn't wish addiction on anyone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

I do honestly hope rehab works for JJ because man I wouldn't wish addiction on anyone.

Plus those kids have legitimately been through enough with the way their mom died, and that's before you get to having to live with Karen

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DJExile posted:

:same: he is the world's greatest dad, he deserves better

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alcoholism is not a joke. I hope Jeff gets the help he needs before its too late.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 26, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

rovert posted:

If see's it through and hopefully gets clean we could get Jeff's WWE Hall of Fame induction or Jesus Force Wrestling.

Isn't Jeff extra super blacklisted for the time he held up Vince for money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If that was still a hard-set thing they wouldn't be helping him with the rehab

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

You can be blacklisted from hiring and still get rehab. You have to completely gently caress them time and again for rehab to get cut off from rehab.

Plus maybe he and Vince can mend fences over being MAGA chuds.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

I think the rehab is a solid thing they give literally anyone who ever had a contract no matter what

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

You have to completely gently caress them time and again for rehab to get cut off from rehab.

Didn't this happen after Sunny got drunk and stole some promotion's ring truck

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't this happen after Sunny got drunk and stole some promotion's ring truck

Yep

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Isn't Jeff extra super blacklisted for the time he held up Vince for money

Probably, but he brought Warrior back after he did the same thing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

important distinction: he thought he could make money with warrior

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be somewhat fair to JJ, he wasn't under contract anymore, so Vince could have just hosed him over. Not saying he would, but Vinny Mac ain't the most trustworthy fellow.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Randaconda posted:

To be somewhat fair to JJ, he wasn't under contract anymore, so Vince could have just hosed him over. Not saying he would, but Vinny Mac ain't the most trustworthy fellow.

Vince was too dumb to take the IC title off of Jarrett before his contract expired. JJ had leverage, not the other way around.

Besides, if Vince hadn't blacklisted him we would never have gotten TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They added the promotion that Vince Russo was writing for, Rocky Mountain Pro, to the TNA Network.

https://twitter.com/MercuryYaden/status/923430749663096832

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are the most indy looking wrestlers I've ever seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jarrett did the smart thing short term by getting a six figure pay off for one match, but hey both he and Vince are scum so it's good they both got hosed in it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

important distinction: he thought he could make money with warrior

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2L89SgnhcqJdktTX0Q1NVBaeVU/view?usp=drivesdk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

They added the promotion that Vince Russo was writing for, Rocky Mountain Pro, to the TNA Network.

https://twitter.com/MercuryYaden/status/923430749663096832

#JoinTheNetwork

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Probably, but he brought Warrior back after he did the same thing.

the warrior was a draw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the warrior was a draw

Not really.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MassRafTer posted:

Jarrett did the smart thing short term by getting a six figure pay off for one match, but hey both he and Vince are scum so it's good they both got hosed in it.

Didn't he just want his quarterly ppv bonus in advance? Money he was owed anyways.

Christian did the smart thing by sticking around an extra couple weeks because he was advertised for a ppv after he decided to leave. Back when tan actually had a chance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Not really.

I have fonder childhood memories of Ultimate Warrior than I do of Jeff Jarrett.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who doesn't blissfully recall the laziest kickouts ever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The American Dream posted:

Didn't he just want his quarterly ppv bonus in advance? Money he was owed anyways.

Christian did the smart thing by sticking around an extra couple weeks because he was advertised for a ppv after he decided to leave. Back when tan actually had a chance.

He got way more than that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Not really.

if the Warrior at the height of his popularity wasn't a draw who the gently caress was

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if the Warrior at the height of his popularity wasn't a draw who the gently caress was

The Warrior's title run was such a flop that WWE had to abort their plans to make him the new #1 guy and get the belt back onto Hogan. He never turned into a draw in that run, didn't draw on his return in 96 and his WCW run was a huge flop too. So the answer is, people who actually drew money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hogan got to feud with Earthquake after Warrior became champ. Warrior got stuck feuding with Rick Rude for the second time in a year and then became the sixth man in the LOD vs. Demolition feud. It didn't draw so well and he never kept himself together long enough to get a second chance.