Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Yall ready to get conned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/media-pr/ar-star-citizen-moss-and-pubg-headline-mcvs-future-of-gaming-issue

Digital Edition, CIG stuff at page 18: https://issuu.com/newbayeurope/docs/mcv928_27th_october

No release date lol

457 employees!!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Release dates are overrated imo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Radiant AI, BUT BETTER.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

Radiant AI, BUT BETTER.

he’s so loving proud to have reinvented oblivions poo poo-fest of npcs

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Daztek posted:

Radiant AI, BUT BETTER.

At least we know someone at CIG followed Westworld.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

In case people missed it due to Citcon excitement, today's Burndown summary:

- Crash/disconnect problems mentioned in Evocati confirmed, testers/devs have no idea why it's happening.
- Erin getting frustrated as to why fixes are taking so long.
- Something about networks, I honestly couldn't understand the guy's accent. Something about aiming to get the ping down so that the game reaches 30fps?
- They're still not sure what exactly the point of the evocati are ("We use them mainly for networking and performance" "don't we want them to give gameplay feedback?").
- More schedule shuffling.
- Bug with shops where the shops just don't work (no items appear), apparently they had this problem before; Erin: "Can't we just fix it like we did last time?".
- Bug with icons appearing huge.
- :siren: Airlocks stopped working, again :siren:.
- Dev: "We're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" :lol:.

Bug chart:

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Wow 3.0 is actually it isnt it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Latin Pheonix posted:

In case people missed it due to Citcon excitement, today's Burndown summary:

- Crash/disconnect problems mentioned in Evocati confirmed, testers/devs have no idea why it's happening.
- Erin getting frustrated as to why fixes are taking so long.
- Something about networks, I honestly couldn't understand the guy's accent. Something about aiming to get the ping down so that the game reaches 30fps?
- They're still not sure what exactly the point of the evocati are ("We use them mainly for networking and performance" "don't we want them to give gameplay feedback?").
- More schedule shuffling.
- Bug with shops where the shops just don't work (no items appear), apparently they had this problem before; Erin: "Can't we just fix it like we did last time?".
- Bug with icons appearing huge.
- :siren: Airlocks stopped working, again :siren:.
- Dev: "We're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" :lol:.

Bug chart:

Keep in mind this is the must fix issues until the next evocati phase, not PTU release, lol

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

BloodyScab posted:

aye, like an enormously long turd that just keeps sliding out until crobberts atrophied sphincter finally manages to pinch it off

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is the way out. Sometimes it's an oncoming freight train. Either way, it's the end.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Daztek posted:

Radiant AI, BUT BETTER.

jesus loving christ

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Daztek posted:

457 employees!!
That's up a lot from last year's 221+160=381 employees.
http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/5973/

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BloodyScab posted:

yes

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

That's up a lot from last year's 221+160=381 employees.
http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/5973/

I can only assume he saw how much CD Projekt Red grew, and now has to one-up them in every interview. "We are bigger, thus better, you see?"

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
"What it does have is us saying 'It's going to be at least this, and we're probably going to grow features beyond this'.

C. Roberts ex second hand car dealer.

The devil is in the detail.

Dooguk fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 27, 2017

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

D_Smart posted:

Someone over at FDev already chimed in

quote:

quote:
So by some standards I obviously don't understand accounting, but on Page 5 (Profit and Loss) for the year to 31 Dec 2015, somehow a Gross (Loss) of (£339,098) has Administrative Expenses added to it of £604,397 to make a Profit before Taxation of £265,299? I may have been out of the trade for a few decades, but since when have Administrative Expenses become income and not a further negative sum increasing the loss? i.e. shouldn't (£339,098) be increased by (£604,397) to make a Loss Before Taxation of (£943,495)? Which would then mean the balance sheet on the subsequent pages doesn't (balance) and the accounts for 2016 then don't make sense as the retained profit/(loss) isn't reflected properly in the 2016 opening position.

Apparently these accounts have been audited...

To be fair the guy admits he doesn't understand accounting. I know reading about accounting isn't the most riveting but back in my January blog I did explain this. It's because the £655k profit on sale of IP was included in expenses.

shrach posted:

Curious side effect of this IP sale/profit is that with standard expenses of ~£50k offset by this receipt for £650k their accounts show administration expenses of -£600k. Yes, their expenses show an increase to their profit because why not format it like that?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59654/intel-launches-next-gen-optane-ssd-900p/index.html

Intel has teamed up with RSI for the 900P launch. When you purchase an Intel Optane 900P Series SSD you will receive a free license for Star Citizen.

Also included with the bundle is an exclusive digital Star Citizen spaceship called the "Sabre Raven".

The "Saber Raven" pictured above is exclusive for Optane SSD 900P owners.

Daztek fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 27, 2017

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Wearing black. Oddly dark hair. Red, probably clammy thumb shaped head. Blobby body.

Its Crobbler!

https://i.imgur.com/bvtdSKX.gifv

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Daztek posted:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59654/intel-launches-next-gen-optane-ssd-900p/index.html

Intel has teamed up with RSI for the 900P launch. When you purchase an Intel Optane 900P Series SSD you will receive a free license for Star Citizen.

Also included with the bundle is an exclusive digital Star Citizen spaceship called the "Sabre Raven".

:lol:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
I've heard that the Pioneer can fabricate massive habitats for fruit orchards, and create extremely large bowls and ladles capable of distributing tonnes and tonnes of liquid.

So you can serve punch above your weight.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Daztek posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is CIG down to a T.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Loot.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How to make whales buy your special snowflake SSD:

Step 1: Attach a jpeg to it

PROFIT

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Latin Pheonix posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is CIG down to a T.

I love the bolded "easily the fastest drive I've ever used". CIG does the best job of anyone of lampooning itself.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

radd posted:

I've heard that the Pioneer can fabricate massive habitats for fruit orchards, and create extremely large bowls and ladles capable of distributing tonnes and tonnes of liquid.

So you can serve punch above your weight.
:eyepop:

Today is the best day, my fellow goons, goonettes, citizens and shitizens. Not only will we be able to watch an hours-long cringefest, but actual good games like Assassin's Creed, The New Colossus, and Mario Odyssey will be able to entertain us when the lies become too much, or too boring.

Actual work can get hosed today. Today is Schadenfreude Christmas!

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I think this also lends credence to the theory that Crobberts is trying to turn Star Citizen into a place to dump hardware that otherwise wouldn't sell as well.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Daztek posted:

How to make whales buy your special snowflake SSD:

Step 1: Attach a jpeg to it

PROFIT

The BDSSD.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Next week on burndown theyre gonna talk features and dates. After the sales of course

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

For months I've been adrift in a sea of FUD, but now we are mere hours away from seeing the light again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Optane the Intel SSD that they said was going to be the Next Big Thing for a long loving time and then they just poo poo out a regular SSD with a shrug?

Very Star Citizen if so

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Can we change the reddit posters name to "Dick_in_a_tin"?

Why do citizens like being called 'Wolf' so much?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He's about to poo poo himself.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Sabreseven posted:

Can we change the reddit posters name to "Dick_in_a_tin"?

Why do citizens like being called 'Wolf' so much?

The furry org on rsi has a poo poo ton of members

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"facing the future" with a mark hamil screencap from years ago from a game that literally nobody has played

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Erenthal posted:

aye, like an enormously long turd that just keeps sliding out until crobberts atrophied sphincter finally manages to pinch it off

Running pro laps around the competition.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously how is it being streamed and where, also when?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine someone totally clueless about SC buying that SSD because he thinks "hey, cool, a free game and a unique ship for it", only to find out that the game is buggy piece-of-poo poo alpha and the ship won't be available for another ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

No, don't imagine. Dream.