Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Anyone feel the mouse controls are wonky. Aiming makes me feel sick it's so floaty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mouse seems fine to me but the game volume seems really drat quiet? What friggin sound set up should I use for just a PC with 2 speakers? None of them seem to make a difference.

I can't seem to use the steam overlay either.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 27, 2017

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

sneakyfrog posted:

totes why i reluctantly yet immediately bought it.
yeah i wasnt super hot on the first game, i thought Doom 2016 was a hell of a lot more fun but the marketing is really making me want this =x

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Deakul posted:

Nobody can. Steam doesn't have a Vulkan overlay yet.

Also as a reminder to anybody getting BSODs: Update your drivers. A BSOD can only be caused by driver<->hardware faults, not user level software. As Vulkan is relatively new, driver updates are the most important thing to check.

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 27, 2017

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

OK, that cracked me up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know, I axed the nazis a lot of questions and that always seemed to get results. We split hairs a few times but they always seemed to fall to pieces in the end and stop fighting.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Lotta things you can do with a hatchet and a nazi.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo, I saw that on the forums while looking for a fix but damned if I was going to open it. Thanks for your sacrifice.

it's truly amazing. So many topics there that are just fantastically ridiculous. I never would have dreamed a game about killing nazis would generate so much rage from anti-lefties. I mean, if there was at least one place where there could be common ground, you would think that "killing nazis in a video game is not some liberal conspiracy to put down Trump voters" would be at least on the list of possibilities.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Largely great so far, but I'm having to play this more like Doom than TNO: darting from place to place, grabbing the copious health and armour, then taking stock and taking out high priority targets.

Why is everyone's face so smooth now? Apart from Fergus, who has had his "grizzled" slider bumped up to 110%

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

My name's BJ and I'm your home inspector. Now, there's one major issue I ran into in my walk through, and it's that the place is fullof gaddam Nazis.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Two Owls posted:

Why is everyone's face so smooth now?

Nazi aloe vera is in a big vat in section K of the submarine.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If I played TNO on the hardest difficulty and was occasionally frustrated but mostly had fun, should I stay there or start on an easier one? It seems like people were saying that TNC is a lot harder than TNO/TOB

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Two Owls posted:

Largely great so far, but I'm having to play this more like Doom than TNO: darting from place to place, grabbing the copious health and armour, then taking stock and taking out high priority targets.

Why is everyone's face so smooth now? Apart from Fergus, who has had his "grizzled" slider bumped up to 110%

Fergus hogging up all the textures so there's none left over

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Now I can offer ya a low cost nazi-stranglin' service but it doesn't cover the cost of disposal and let me tell ya chief, the place is just crawling with nazis.

I can kick you up to a whole-house nazi shootin' stabbin' and stranglin' service for a modest uptick in price. Now I throw the disposal in for free when folks upgrade because let's be honest there ain't much nazi left after I give'em the works.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ravenfood posted:

If I played TNO on the hardest difficulty and was occasionally frustrated but mostly had fun, should I stay there or start on an easier one? It seems like people were saying that TNC is a lot harder than TNO/TOB
Start off with one of the normal difficulties (there's 2 - an easier normal and a harder normal). You can adjust at any time through the pause menu.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Am I the only person actively kind of happy that this is a short game? I'd really rather have a 6-hour game that fires on all cylinders for that whole 6 hours than a 15-hour game where I'm bored for decently large chunks, and it sounds like the former is exactly what we got.

e: like, I'm pretty sure Hotline Miami 2 is maaaybe 7 hours and I loving love that game. Ditto Max Payne 3.

It's not 6 hours long unless you run past every enemy on the easiest difficulty. Took me 10.5 hours to beat on Terror Billy difficulty with 37% overall completion. I didn't do a single Ubercommander sidemission either or find more than a third of the overall collectibles.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I like this game a lot.

I just hit Roswell.

Combat Takedown is my preferred way of killing Nazis godbless. Running straight at Nazis and giving them the ol' hatchet handjob feels very satisfying. I have seen the Rambler? and I am very excited for that as well, because I will be able to run into/at more Nazis.

I think the story is very good. I think the story is also screwed over quite heavily by virtue of the fact I've seen basically every single cutscene that's shown up so far in their marketing bits. Every "twist" I know is coming because I've either seen the cutscene, seen the cutscene after it, or seen something along the path. I hope this ends soon, and I get into uncharted Nazi murder funtimes. This was also an issue with New Order though, to be fair. Perhaps I should just not watch the trailers for Wolf 3.

One thing I like about this game over Old Blood and New Order is there is less focus on small scale scenarios/stealth. In both previous games it felt like the amount of Nazis per room was rather low, to encourage stealthy people to be stealthy and feel good about themselves. As a man who wants to use a shotgun and a hatchet to clear a small army every single room, I was occasionally very sad in both previous games because I'd have the alarm sound, then fight......3 Nazis total.

Now I sound the alarm and 40 Nazis of all sorts come out of the woodwork to say hello to Terror Billy. It is very good. I am very happy that I can now murder even more Nazis.

I do not feel as though the basic game formula is particularly harder. I do feel as though there are more largescale combat arenas.

I really liked Wyatt in NO because he filled a niche and felt like the canon choice. I am not so fond of Wyatt in NC because it feels like he's just having a drug journey. This makes me very sad.

I really like Sigrun. I hope she does well and stays a nice person in our fun little group.

I really like how they drive home how lovely your average American is.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 27, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

poo poo, it turns out they replaced swastikas with triangles in the German version of the game.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

it's truly amazing. So many topics there that are just fantastically ridiculous. I never would have dreamed a game about killing nazis would generate so much rage from anti-lefties. I mean, if there was at least one place where there could be common ground, you would think that "killing nazis in a video game is not some liberal conspiracy to put down Trump voters" would be at least on the list of possibilities.

The first game seems so far away now, back when it was released we lived in a world where you could play a game about killing Nazis and it was just a fun diversion and Nazis were just a fantasy Evil Thing to slaughter for fun. Now it's a political statement to say that "Nazis are bad", for some loving reason.

Nazis are objectively bad. That is not a political statement, they are by definition Really loving Bad. They're genocidal fascists, that is what they are. The fact that a fringe group that still adheres to that kind of thinking is even allowed to raise a stink about it right now is upsetting. They should be laughed at, at best, and if they get too full of themselves in public they should get punched in the goddamn face.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Palpek posted:

poo poo, it turns out they replaced swastikas with triangles in the German version of the game.

They have some pretty strict laws about Nazi iconography iirc. In this game's case, it was probably the difference between release or no release.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Discussion > Games > Wolfenstein: Does this end kill nazis?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Terror Billy showed up today and the first thing I did was put on that sweet brown jacket and holy poo poo is he like really tall

Oh, and the game is fuckin' rad. But now I have a giant Terror Billy on my desk.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
We live in a world where Donald Trump is the president (I'm pretty sure I saw an old newspaper in one level discussing how the American democratic system was destined to lead to worthless lunatics at charge, lol) and in this world of insanity, Wolfenstein, yes, the same Wolfenstein that coined the Mecha-Hitler, produces the best Singleplayer-campaigns out there. The quality of the dialogue and story-beats are just....off the charts.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

King Vidiot posted:

The first game seems so far away now, back when it was released we lived in a world where you could play a game about killing Nazis and it was just a fun diversion and Nazis were just a fantasy Evil Thing to slaughter for fun. Now it's a political statement to say that "Nazis are bad", for some loving reason.

Nazis are objectively bad. That is not a political statement, they are by definition Really loving Bad. They're genocidal fascists, that is what they are. The fact that a fringe group that still adheres to that kind of thinking is even allowed to raise a stink about it right now is upsetting. They should be laughed at, at best, and if they get too full of themselves in public they should get punched in the goddamn face.

Actually I think you'll find that the vast majority of people still hate Nazis, hth.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigglesSWE posted:

We live in a world where Donald Trump is the president (I'm pretty sure I saw an old newspaper in one level discussing how the American democratic system was destined to lead to worthless lunatics at charge, lol) and in this world of insanity, Wolfenstein, yes, the same Wolfenstein that coined the Mecha-Hitler, produces the best Singleplayer-campaigns out there. The quality of the dialogue and story-beats are just....off the charts.

The best part is there is a letter early on that directly states that "oh, this buffoon won't last out the year," referring to I think when Hitler took power

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Ravenfood posted:

I am finding this to be substantially harder than TNO - mostly because you are EXTREMELY fragile at the beginning of the game, at least. I had to bump the difficulty down because I came in for shooting up some fuckin' Nazis and it turned out that the opposite was happening, and I was not down for it.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
I'm really bummed out.
This was my most eagerly awaited game this year, and this is going back on the rack to wait for some patches.

This is a total clusterfuck on PC. Just loaded into New York to only have half a sky box. I've had a hard BSOD toggling vsync, no steam UI, the audio mix is completely baffling. And even on Uber settings everyone looks like potato heads.

I'm crestfallen.

Arach fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 27, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Has anyone else picked up the newspaper clippings in the farmhouse?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sadly I had to ask for a refund for this game it gave me the blue screen of death too many times to want to worry about dealing with the nonsense. I'll pick it up later when the issues have been fixed and it might go on sale. Real shame I was very much looking forward to this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

lol

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Deakul posted:

Mouse seems fine to me but the game volume seems really drat quiet? What friggin sound set up should I use for just a PC with 2 speakers? None of them seem to make a difference.

It's bad on console too. The gun sounds are seriously weak unless you turn the volume way, way up.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

Anyone feel the mouse controls are wonky. Aiming makes me feel sick it's so floaty.

Aim assist in enabled by default even on PC, that might be it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Suffer the tyranny of the isosceles.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Palpek posted:

It's a miracle the game was released at all in Germany. They did the same thing with New Order and Old Blood as well, replacing Swastikas with the Wolfenstein Logo and calling the Nazis "The Regime" instead. It's blatantly obvious that they're Nazis, but the law prohibits their iconography and ideologies from being in games, so the changes are there for legal purposes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Taintrunner posted:

My Terror Billy showed up today and the first thing I did was put on that sweet brown jacket and holy poo poo is he like really tall

Oh, and the game is fuckin' rad. But now I have a giant Terror Billy on my desk.

Probably what I would do as well. Every time I see promo art of Blazko in the yellow jacket, I think of "Chuck Greene" instead of "Terror-Billy".

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
- Head bobbing...dear god I probably have gone through a bottle of aspirin in the past 8 hours to stop the pounding headaches this game causes
Supposedly this fixes: Open the console (ctrl+alt+~) and enter:cvaradd pm_nobob 1 but havent tried it yet
- 15 days worth of intro videos every loving time I load the game (makes messing with graphics settings a lot of fun)
=> OK, renaming the boot video fixes this stupid poo poo (reference: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Wolfenstein_II:_The_New_Colossus)
- Bugs, graphical bugs, enormous texture pop-in (gently caress I have 8gigs of ram on my GPU WTF)
- Only a few main characters have good facial features, everyone else looks like they had artist help from Bethesda

Thank god the game is fun with a great story, good characters, and drat fun nazi killin time

CodeJanitor fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 28, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, can anyone who's played the game confirm- can you actually shoot Klansmen? The strategy guide doesn't mention them at all.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Welp cranked my settings all the way to low and it runs finally. Mouse is a little funky but I always think default mouse sensitivity is too low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Fart City posted:

Curious: does the game still have the mechanic where you manually need to click on armor and ammo to pick it up, or can you just walk over it?

You're going to die when you depend on it so get in the habit of pressing E anyways