Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I think it's a Central City thing.

At the end of the episode the Thinkers sidekick said "They are identifying targets sooner than we planned, perhaps they're smarter than you gave them credit" and the Thinker responds "Perhaps. But I'm Smarter."

All Team Flash did was respond to a bank robbery during the middle of the day with 100 witnesses and then pursue the lady who made no attempts to hide herself. If this is a wrinkle in Thinkers plan then unfortunately he isn't actually a super genius and is just less stupid than everyone else.

I did like the evil mastermind cliche of playing chess though. It comes built in to his chair.

in a land full of brain dead morons, the :thunk: guy in a chair is king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
With all the quantum science babble this ep, the stinger should have been another portal opening in the street, and Scott Bakula steps out and says “Oh boy!”

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Twelve metas were created by the dark matter when you returned, Barry."

"What about the ones created when the particle accelerator exploded this time?"

"Uh."

It didn't explode like the first time. Wells accidentally opened the electron hatch which led to a hydrogen/electron collision that... released a charge.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but, I swear when Harry first appeared this episode he sounded like he had brain damage or something. Something about the way he was talking, and how he no longer had a perfect memory.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaddak posted:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but, I swear when Harry first appeared this episode he sounded like he had brain damage or something. Something about the way he was talking, and how he no longer had a perfect memory.

Yeah, something happened between him and Jesse’s Not Teen Titans team that he’s being coy about and will no doubt be a plot point later this year.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

The samurai head is ridiculous. The team was attacked by a ROBOT SAMURAI. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Cisco wouldn't take that thing apart and examine every last detail of it? IT IS A ROBOT SAMURAI HEAD. There is no way on the face of the earth he wouldn't have been beside himself with excitement at the thought of examining it.

That whole place should have faraday cage storage containers just lying around for easy access.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shaddak posted:

Random wild guess:
He's not the "Real" E2 Wells and She's not the real Jesse. That's why he wanted Wally gone, he spent enough time with (and making out with probably) the 'real' version of her to be able to figure it out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Random wild guess:
He's not the "Real" E2 Wells and She's not the real Jesse. That's why he wanted Wally gone, he spent enough time with (and making out with probably) the 'real' version of her to be able to figure it out.

Surprise! It was Cowboy Wells all along!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Koalas March posted:

Random wild guess:

Or maybe he's a spergy weirdo like the rest of us and delivering a Ghost Cube to the guy his daughter was dating was already super awkward to begin with. :v:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yea he didn't want to say all the awkward emotional stuff especially the "you were her first" thing.

I do think there's more to the whole Earth 2 situation tho, I guess we'll find out when Jesse returns.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Or maybe he's a spergy weirdo like the rest of us and delivering a Ghost Cube to the guy his daughter was dating was already super awkward to begin with. :v:

Yeah that wasy impression. He didn't want to be there, he didn't want to be doing this, and he really didn't want to be dealing with the fallout of it. A perfect storm to make Harry awkward as hell.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really liked this episode too. This show works so much better as a comedy show.

Wally getting bussed was an actual suitcase of bullshit, but eh, I'm not that fussed about him and Jesse breaking up at least.

'Cuz now maybe he can go find Linda Park. :getin:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

BrianWilly posted:

I really liked this episode too. This show works so much better as a comedy show.

Wally getting bussed was an actual suitcase of bullshit, but eh, I'm not that fussed about him and Jesse breaking up at least.

Wally comes back with Linda AND Patty on each arm.

I loved this episode, in my totally unbiased opinion. RIP Goose.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Jynx is definitely my favorite character in this score of recent memory hope she gets a big part when all the poo poo goes down this season.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jesse's totally hooking up with whatever Teen Titan equivalent she's teaming up with back on Earth2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ruddiger posted:

Jesse's totally hooking up with whatever Teen Titan equivalent she's teaming up with back on Earth2.

The Hourman

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

She's doing magik in Shananara Chronicles. Patty is in Shooter and getting super hot on Instagram.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Line of the show right there. It was almost a golden age Simpsons joke.

Just the constant bad luck was great. The sully bit was kind of outdated, but the cgi canada goose salvaged it.

Is there a gif of this

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 27, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Computer Goose Image

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Holy poo poo it's coming

loving COUNCIL OF INFINITE WELLS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...te-harry-wells/

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 27, 2017

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Holy poo poo it's coming

loving COUNCIL OF INFINITE WELLS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...te-harry-wells/

I am so hard right now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Council of Wells VS. Thrawne's horde of duplicates... Make. It. Happen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Council of Wells VS. Thrawne's horde of duplicates... Make. It. Happen.

Again, I keep saying it: mix in one Wells that looks like Thawne among the 50 or so that they summon, just to gently caress with people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboy Wells better make an appearance. :clint:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wells & Sisco, clearly Caitlin is Summer, then who gets to be Jerry?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

twistedmentat posted:

Wells & Sisco, clearly Caitlin is Summer, then who gets to be Jerry?

i think you know

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bozart posted:

i think you know

So that means Iris is Beth.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I would switch Iris as Summer and Caitlin as Beth tbh.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I lost it at Cisco and Wells shouting "I'll breach you back home!" at each other.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How the hell is Iris supposed to pull up a drat autopsy report?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
*insert tasteless Identity Crisis joke here*

also, love when TV shows put a prosthetic gut on an actor without doing facial prosthetics to match

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jesse Martin can sure sell talking about pulling luds.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I mean, Barry has a point...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I think we should lock him up in the pipeline." Barry you are a dick and Dibny owns.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This was a good episode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Danny Trejo is a treasure. For someone who has made a career out of "Scary Mexican Guy" he's got some great delivery and a straight man's sense of humor.

E: "straight man" in the comedy sense, not as some sort of slur.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm not even finished with the episode yet but how soon until Elongated Man spin-off?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I’m glad they had Barry remember Abracadabra and Savitar namedropping DeVoe. I thought the writers were going to ignore that as an excuse to prolong the mystery, but no they’re getting right into it this year. Good for them.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
This was the best episode since the first season. Dibny's actor/character is perfect, and if he doesn't stick around he better get his own show or a season as a Legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

I would gladly watch the actor who plays Elongated Man in a father/son movie with Jim Carrey