Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Thought Reno Scum had a terrible, off-putting look for national TV.

Apparently, a bunch of releases were made Thursday and names will filter out in time.

Presumably most or all of the old GFW names? Chris Adonis, Kongo Kong, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Thought Reno Scum had a terrible, off-putting look for national TV.

Apparently, a bunch of releases were made Thursday and names will filter out in time.

Reno Scum being in TNA was really surprising to me, but I guess it makes sense if they were GFW guys.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#FreeKongo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

#FreeKongo

I like Kongo too. He'd be a fun pickup for ROH maybe.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Presumably most or all of the old GFW names? Chris Adonis, Kongo Kong, etc?

Not sure how to answer questions like this anymore.

But the new regime getting rid of the old regime guys is a pretty safe assumption. No idea about the names you mentioned.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kongo Kong was always too good for TNA

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I like Kongo too. He'd be a fun pickup for ROH maybe.

One more name for the SuperHeavyweight tournament someone still needs to run.

Seriously, book Keith Lee/Jeff Cobb/Bulldozer Tremont/Kong/4 other hosses and watch the money pile up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

One more name for the SuperHeavyweight tournament someone still needs to run.

Seriously, book Keith Lee/Jeff Cobb/Bulldozer Tremont/Kong/4 other hosses and watch the money pile up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
man homicide let himself go

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/924101272675926016

This is pretty sad.

Kurt Angle was no angel and he WAS cheating on Karen at the time. But Karen was a big factor in driving Kurt over the edge in WWE. She'd ring Kurt every hour on the hour to see where he was and what he was doing.

On TNA TV she played "king bitch" with zeal. And has had many backstage altercations with people.

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 28, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
What in the gently caress is wrong with that woman's face?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Botox

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is everything I've ever wanted. Guess I'm going to Jersey

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is everything I've ever wanted. Guess I'm going to Jersey

jerseys good do it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA pulled in 231K viewers last night while the Young and the Restless lead in got 508K.

A similarly formatted Raw in late 1996 yielded the same results (and paved the way for Russo on the Creative team, the change in creative direction etc you know the rest). It just doesn't work. Whether it be a lack of continuity or production values who knows. It just doesn't seem to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

jerseys good

...this is honestly a first

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

...this is honestly a first

????? its been good for at least 32 years

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

A similarly formatted Raw in late 1996 yielded the same results (and paved the way for Russo on the Creative team, the change in creative direction etc you know the rest). It just doesn't work. Whether it be a lack of continuity or production values who knows. It just doesn't seem to.

Russo popping up after a regime change seems about right. Esp if its dudes he was trying to push out the door before.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
IMPACT's taping schedule is close to surrealistic. The company can change name and management between tapings.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/924138708051333121

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

jerseys good do it

i just wish it wasn't all the way down in Gloucester

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Punisher van slake (top left, background) legit owns. Root for him.

He's a local guy to me so I've seen him wrestle probably 20 times in the last 6-7 years. Had a really fun hoss off with Michael elgan about 2 years ago. Elgan held him up in a suplex for close to 30 seconds. Shook the whole gym when he landed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Canadian wrestler KC Spinelli is in the IMPACT fold I guess after a few months of speculation:
https://twitter.com/REDBLACKS/status/924065604763611136

Always liked her. Has a lot of personality and is a good wrestler. Someone I thought for a while could make a greater go of Pro Wrestling than she has in terms of WWE signing potential.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I'm the guy in the upper left corner with the bandana over his eyes. I am also the lone woman at the bottom.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What I was circling around earlier in the week

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/924331698866843650

The rumour was was that Don Callis is joining TNA (again).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

What I was circling around earlier in the week

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/924331698866843650

The rumour was was that Don Callis is joining TNA (again).

Callis has a podcast with Lance Storm. With TNA moving into Canada (permanently?), are you hearing anything about them wanting to bring in Lance to do anything?

No reason for asking other than seeing Don Callis' name made me think of Lance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Callis has a podcast with Lance Storm. With TNA moving into Canada (permanently?), are you hearing anything about them wanting to bring in Lance to do anything?

No reason for asking other than seeing Don Callis' name made me think of Lance.

No idea about Lance at all. I think Don will be an on-air personality/General Manager rather than a commentator. Mainly because I know Borash and Josh are staying in Nashville and production not moving to Canada at last check. Also Cornette, Karen, Bruce etc all departed since the last taping and TNA probably can't operate without an on screen authority figure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Congrats to yet another 2 time TNA Authority figure.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why would Callis and Storm want anything to do with TNA at this point

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Benne posted:

Why would anyone with half a brain want anything to do with TNA at this point

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

As previously reported, some recent reports have connected Ricochet to a pending debut in WWE that could apparently happen in January at the Royal Rumble. However, PWInsider is reporting that Impact Wrestling has also had recent negotiations with Ricochet.

As of now, Ricochet is currently not accepting any more indie wrestling dates after January. His Lucha Underground contract is also expected to expire on or around January 16.

– PWInsider is also reporting that Impact Wrestling has interest in Tessa Blanchard. A source claims that Blanchard will be appearing at Impact’s post-Bound for Glory TV tapings.

Ricochet is 110% WWE bound. IMPACT is just flattering themselves approaching him.

Benne posted:

Why would Callis and Storm want anything to do with TNA at this point

Callis seemingly dislikes travelling to Japan - he always gets sick seemingly. Scott D'Amore and Don go back a long way with Border City Wrestling. One his podcast Don refers to it as one of his fondest times in Wrestling.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Ricochet is 110% WWE bound. IMPACT is just flattering themselves approaching him.

Even if he were NOT WWE-bound, ain't no way he would be dumb enough to forgo the NJPW/ROH/PWG money to work for loving Impact.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sweet pwg money

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Super No Vacancy posted:

that sweet pwg money

It's better than being paid in bison buck which is tna's current policy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Callis situation is weird. He denied the story with carefully worded tweets. Like he may want to work New Japan and IMPACT at the same time or wants to do it until New Japan says he can't and decides to release him.

Meltzer denied the Tessa to IMPACT story as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If I were Callis I'd rather work for New Japan than Impact if there were the chance of New Japan firing me for it, there's probably a better chance of being paid and a steady job which is much better than working closer to home for a company that's seemed like its on its last legs for the last 6 years

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Japan/PWG/Indies probably pays way more than a NXT or 205 live deals does but I think 100% Ricochet wants to go to WWE cause it seems like his dream and the only thing stopping it is a low ball NXT or 205 live offer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hasn't it been like the worst-kept secret that Ricochet is heading to WWE once his LU no-compete is up?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Hasn't it been like the worst-kept secret that Ricochet is heading to WWE once his LU no-compete is up?

Yep

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Benne posted:

Roque believes he's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

New Japan/PWG/Indies probably pays way more than a NXT or 205 live deals does but I think 100% Ricochet wants to go to WWE cause it seems like his dream and the only thing stopping it is a low ball NXT or 205 live offer.

Exactly. And he seems like the type of dude to bet on himself.

Plus he has a kid in the states so that may have something to do with it.