Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Of the various limited time packs available to a new player, which ones are absolutely best deals to take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Oh my god, Rogue One teams can suck a bag of dicks.

Yeeeesss...

zJyn (L) at g12, zzR2 at g12, zK2, zCassian, and Fulcrum at g12.

Trying to decide whether Fulcrum or Jyn gets the next zeta. Maybe that will get me permanently into the top 100.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Eddain posted:

Of the various limited time packs available to a new player, which ones are absolutely best deals to take?

The Dooku pack. I wish I had gotten that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MichiganCubbie posted:

The Dooku pack. I wish I had gotten that.

Assuming they offer you the Dooku pack. You might get offered some other DS character. I got Greedo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Eddain posted:

Are you in qgj?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Are you in qgj?

No it filled up before I could request an invite.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Eddain posted:

No it filled up before I could request an invite.

Its not full anymore you son of a bitch. :getin:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Guild Search says 50/50 and won't let me apply.

Azrael Fireblade 163-761-149

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Eddain posted:

Guild Search says 50/50 and won't let me apply.

Azrael Fireblade 163-761-149

RC can fix that. Get in discord too. It's a cool place to hang out and just relax.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

fishtobaskets posted:

RC can fix that. Get in discord too. It's a cool place to hang out and just relax.

Invited. Get on discord. Have fun.
Anyone use Facebook messenger? Some like 9 of us in qgj are in it all day. It might be another way to communicate if you aren't afraid of being doxxed

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
SumTingWong, are you still around? Vacation? Wife left you? Bladder surgery?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

SumTingWong, are you still around? Vacation? Wife left you? Bladder surgery?

He died of a broken heart

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Every once in a while, I pick up 5 shards for CUP just in case this happens some day. To be just a little prepared.

I'm ready for the Ugnaught uprising.

Hey, it paid dividends on my Nightsisters. Someone once told me I was dangerously close to a 5-NS team. :smug:

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Throwing this here for suggestions on what to Zeta/farm next (I have zFinn & Number Cruncher). I should be able to get 6* R2 by the time this event is done, any suggestions beyond that?

https://swgoh.gg/u/darksabersa/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Darksaber posted:

Throwing this here for suggestions on what to Zeta/farm next (I have zFinn & Number Cruncher). I should be able to get 6* R2 by the time this event is done, any suggestions beyond that?

https://swgoh.gg/u/darksabersa/

Finish 7 starring your phoenix, empire and resistance squads.

Then get your old ben up.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Hey Guys, my Euro guild is recruiting 3 players now. We cruch 2xHAAT and 3xHpit Weekly. Have in mind that raid times are EU (9pm CET).

- Discord is a must
- Raid Rules are 24h zero damage, then FFA
- 600 /600 not required, but prefered

Add my ally code ingame 572-573-181 or join our recruitment channel on discord here: https://discord.gg/PXkAsdH

We got 27* last TB, but i hope we can get 30 soon, 31 is going to be a bitch though.

Get in before the next TB, you got, what, 3 days? Eurogoons welcome!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Mister Blueberry posted:

Hey Guys, my Euro guild is recruiting 3 players now. We cruch 2xHAAT and 3xHpit Weekly. Have in mind that raid times are EU (9pm CET).

- Discord is a must
- Raid Rules are 24h zero damage, then FFA
- 600 /600 not required, but prefered

Add my ally code ingame 572-573-181 or join our recruitment channel on discord here: https://discord.gg/PXkAsdH

We got 27* last TB, but i hope we can get 30 soon, 31 is going to be a bitch though.

Get in before the next TB, you got, what, 3 days? Eurogoons welcome!

Remember, we have two very active Goon guilds, and we need people as well!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Somebody mentioned separatists possibly getting a rework at some point after Ep. VIII. What would the best separatist team currently look like? There's no meta-leader ability for them, so something with B2, Grievous, Sunfac, and Poggle? Maybe Dooku lead? Geo Solider used to be a great DD character but his damage doesn't really seem to hold up with the power creep in the game?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Somebody mentioned separatists possibly getting a rework at some point after Ep. VIII. What would the best separatist team currently look like? There's no meta-leader ability for them, so something with B2, Grievous, Sunfac, and Poggle? Maybe Dooku lead? Geo Solider used to be a great DD character but his damage doesn't really seem to hold up with the power creep in the game?

I would think Dooku, Assaj, B2, GS, & Sun Fac would be the best 5 to target.

Any Seppie rework will probably accompany a gigantic Gen Grievous rework, and probably add some specific synergy with the IG-100's.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

MichiganCubbie posted:

Remember, we have two very active Goon guilds, and we need people as well!

Hey, I'm not trying to poach members, just stating we have open spots for eurogoons. Whatever, forget about it, spots aren't filled but invites are off, don't want you guys to hate me if people jump guilds.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

Hey, I'm not trying to poach members, just stating we have open spots for eurogoons. Whatever, forget about it, spots aren't filled but invites are off, don't want you guys to hate me if people jump guilds.

We're super casual, but also weirdly intense about it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Mister Blueberry posted:

Wasn't trying to say don't do it, man. Was just putting it out there that there are goon guilds, too. We also have the goon-adjacent​ Racoinant(sp) as well. Your's sounds like it falls under that.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Thrawn back at the end of the month, that's a pretty quick turn around. My Eliza is G11 and will be part of my Hermit Yoda team in a few weeks but still need to get the other Phoenix members up if it was as hard as last time

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Seems like thrawn and R2are hitting more frequent rotation.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anyone has any question about how to handle the NS event today: Chopper Squad. My PS squad isn't good enough to 7* thrawn but it's easily good enough to auto through the hardest event. The heal and prot+ combo makes plague a 1 turn dot. The fight took forever because they keep giving eachother protection instead of attacking but there was exactly zero risk while I took a shower and did my morning business in the other room.

Edit: Also, I guess this means I shouldn't bother farming NS

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

If anyone has any question about how to handle the NS event today: Chopper Squad. My PS squad isn't good enough to 7* thrawn but it's easily good enough to auto through the hardest event. The heal and prot+ combo makes plague a 1 turn dot. The fight took forever because they keep giving eachother protection instead of attacking but there was exactly zero risk while I took a shower and did my morning business in the other room.

that or zFinn. I had no problems at all and most of my dudes are G8.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Inimicul posted:

Yeah i did this too, the bonus event was really easy with PS but took loving forever. I had to clear out the Daka + 2 zombie + 2 ghost crew like 9 times before i managed to kill the altar. Bonus points to CG for making the altar regenerate a bit of health between each wave!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Please note: altar event completions are global, not per tier. Don't waste both on the first tier like I did.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, just do 1 and 1. There's no benefit to doing the bonus tier twice.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vulpes posted:

Please note: altar event completions are global, not per tier. Don't waste both on the first tier like I did.

Yeah, I didn't know this ahead of time, but luckily did the bonus event second, figuring I'd go back and do the first tier again next. When I saw they were both on reset, I had a, "Well that was lucky" moment.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
If you're below 80, you don't get the first time bonus. I just beat tier 1 and got 4 whole shards.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Yikes. Aside from goofing and having to burn crystals refreshing the event because I skipped tier 1 and just did the bonus tier twice, I had a pretty easy time with a classic NS squad. I think I took out the altar in 4-5 rounds, only losing one or two to RNG which swiftly get back up. Now its as mad dash to get zombie an omega and thus be useful.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Yikes. Aside from goofing and having to burn crystals refreshing the event because I skipped tier 1 and just did the bonus tier twice, I had a pretty easy time with a classic NS squad. I think I took out the altar in 4-5 rounds, only losing one or two to RNG which swiftly get back up. Now its as mad dash to get zombie an omega and thus be useful.

For you, a 7* zombie makes sense. You'll be unstoppable lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So Thrawn event is really coming around again at the end of November? Is there any word on when the CLS event is coming around again? I've been working on gearing up my newly acquired 7 star R2 (have him at G9) and my soon to be 7 star Old Ben (currently G8) but I'm thinking I should maybe put my focus back on gearing up PS to get me over the hump to finally get 7 star Thrawn.

I'm also almost ready for my second zeta ever (after Zader was my first), and was leaning Number Crunch (I don't even have Finn unlocked yet, but I'm close). I'll probably stick with that, as I don't think I'll need a zeta on any PS members to get 7 star Thrawn, but Number Crunch should have long term benefits.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 31, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I'm about to get my second zeta too (zFinn4tw!) and was wondering if I should do number crunch or something else? I've got a pretty good roster now and was thinking I should buff up another team instead. My R2 is only 6* too for what that is worth.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i have 79/80 shards for Geonosian Spy, which is the last piece i need to meet the requirements for the Zeta challenge.

So i spend ~400 Cantina energy on his cantina node today and get 0 shards...sigh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

So Thrawn event is really coming around again at the end of November? Is there any word on when the CLS event is coming around again? I've been working on gearing up my newly acquired 7 star R2 (have him at G9) and my soon to be 7 star Old Ben (currently G8) but I'm thinking I should maybe put my focus back on gearing up PS to get me over the hump to finally get 7 star Thrawn.

I'm also almost ready for my second zeta ever (after Zader was my first), and was leaning Number Crunch (I don't even have Finn unlocked yet, but I'm close). I'll probably stick with that, as I don't think I'll need a zeta on any PS members to get 7 star Thrawn, but Number Crunch should have long term benefits.

number crunch owns, do it.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

As far as a 4-5* G5-6 Nightsister squad goes, how is Talzin, Asajj, Talia, Daka, Zombie? Phoenix squad is running out of steam.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
What's the most barebones Phoenix squad I can have to hit 7* thrawn? I've got Hera/kannan/Zeb/chopper g8 Sabine n Ezra g7 I really really don't want to g9 Zeb or kannan as they require 4 stun guns between them and gently caress that, there's better uses for the the guns.

Also do I zeta fives/OB (only g9)/Leia/or put a 2nd on CLS (his lead I would lean towards). Or do I go full retard and throw it on one of the Phoenix dudes? This will be zeta 15 so I've already got all of the other must haves I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

What's the most barebones Phoenix squad I can have to hit 7* thrawn? I've got Hera/kannan/Zeb/chopper g8 Sabine n Ezra g7 I really really don't want to g9 Zeb or kannan as they require 4 stun guns between them and gently caress that, there's better uses for the the guns.

Also do I zeta fives/OB (only g9)/Leia/or put a 2nd on CLS (his lead I would lean towards). Or do I go full retard and throw it on one of the Phoenix dudes? This will be zeta 15 so I've already got all of the other must haves I can think of.

Consensus I’ve heard for PS is g8 Kanaan/Zeb/Chop, g9 Hera, and Ezra as high as you can/want, especially because he’s useful for other things.