Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The Apparatus shrines are definitely much easier if you're using a controller and not trying to flip your screen around like a madman, but it still feels like the axes it's using are counterintuitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/35JhUi9.mp4

Very rude

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Dareon posted:

The Apparatus shrines are definitely much easier if you're using a controller and not trying to flip your screen around like a madman, but it still feels like the axes it's using are counterintuitive.

I don't think it's come up in the videos, but I did pick up a Switch and Zelda. And trying to do those with the Switch in a moving car is, let's just say, not great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I don't think it's come up in the videos, but I did pick up a Switch and Zelda. And trying to do those with the Switch in a moving car is, let's just say, not great.

To be fair, you really should be more focused on driving than playing Zelda.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

RareAcumen posted:

If the driver needs passengers to help with the driving, they're probably better off in a different car.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

It's stop and go traffic, I got plenty of time. Steering with my knees was the easy part, learning to shift with my armpit was the challenge.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

YamiNoSenshi posted:

It's stop and go traffic, I got plenty of time. Steering with my knees was the easy part, learning to shift with my armpit was the challenge.

Anyone else thinking we need to get Yami's wife in on this before he makes her a widow...? :cop:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://twitter.com/Cutend_Syokora/status/921962811932020736

The only real way to deal with pesky yigas.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

These are both acceptable and required posting for this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

These are both acceptable and required posting for this thread.

I would've posted some earlier but people keep doing them while wearing armor and displaying things on their HUD that aren't unlocked here yet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah I generally have the same policy, but there's some ui elements which don't really spoil anything, so I generally keep it to only non amiibo armors we haven't seen yet, and abilities we haven't seen yet.

Speaking of semi spoilery(ui content) content though:

Behold, my destructo disc!

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 26, 2017

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS

Nalesh posted:

Yeah I generally have the same policy, but there's some ui elements which don't really spoil anything, so I generally keep it to only non amiibo armors we haven't seen yet, and abilities we haven't seen yet.

Speaking of semi spoilery(ui content) content though:

Behold, my destructo disc!

Today, on Will It Blend. Bokoblin!

(Yes, it blends!)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I said that but watching this one back, it's just DLC armor so I think that one can survive.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oy5pt0M03e1uu22sk.mp4#_=_

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

I said that but watching this one back, it's just DLC armor so I think that one can survive.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oy5pt0M03e1uu22sk.mp4#_=_

The hero of (cutscene) time everybody :golfclap:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Section Z posted:

The hero of (cutscene) time everybody :golfclap:

Threw that poo poo before he came into the room!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
New Hero of Time with all-new Kung Fu Throwing Grip!

Can you beat the Hero of Time with all-new Kung Fu Throwing Grip?

No.

Not a chance.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
That ninja didn't know it, but from the moment it decided to attack Link, it was already dead.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Seven years is far too long to go without titling at least one LP part this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

'I dedicate this first weapon stand in memory of Dan Hesho, the real hero of this series. He sold used cars so well he became one (boy that was egg on his face when the raspbubelly jam hit the fan)'

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If anyone was curious, you can't get 100 restless crickets to help the guy out or steal Prima's heart yourself. I tried.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
That house, incidentally, is the reason I think Link and Mipha's relationship was legit (and not just the zora princess having a crush on the hero as in Ocarina of Time).

There are exactly two beds in the entire game Link doesn't have to pay to sleep in. One of them is in Link's house in Hateno Village after you pay Bolson to furnish it.

The other is that little semi-private retreat in Zora's Domain overlooking the East Reservoir. Link was actually living in Zora's Domain before the calamity.

I freely admit it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but when the thought first occurred to me, the whole thing struck me as a brilliant piece of implied storytelling. It gives you just enough information to get your brain cranking to fill in the gaps, and I love it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, I got a chance to try the game with my own hands at a Target. I managed to parry a Guardian laser on my first try and then proceeded to kill myself with bombs because I wasn't used to the controls enough to avoid doing that yet.

So yeah, that seems about what I'd expect.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 29, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how Purah has messed up almost the entire lab but Symin has a little chalked-off corner where it's clean.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm not sure I like Zero Suit Link. He's a little too... slinky

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I heard the words 'Master Spoon' and was summoned. :v: Link ended up with a cozy little piece of real estate there.

Purah seemed fine to me. And hey, who doesn't love a camera feature?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You can't have met the most annoying character in this episode, because we've already met Paya. :colbert:

If you stand under the apple trees with a lit torch for a few seconds, you'll bake the apples right on the tree.

There is a reward for finishing out the Hyrule Compendium, but it's just a key item that doesn't actually do anything. And as mentioned, you can just pay all the money to get the necessary pictures. But if you don't take a selfie with Calamity Ganon, why are you even playing this game.

Man, you actually got a useful picture out of the freebie. My game, I got Mighty Bananas. The one fruit you need the absolute least help in finding.

Fun fact: The Hylian language on the signs is basically just English in a mildly-obfuscated font. The sign outside Link's house says "MASTER LINK -presented by Sakurai Builders", any directional signs just say "THIS WAY" and "THAT WAY" or "LEFT" and "RIGHT", all kinds of things like that. The Ancient Sheikah text that shows up here and there in the Slate and shrines is also English, but far more heavily obfuscated. The text that appears in the beam of light on map pins says "ITS DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE", but none of the letters actually look like their alphabet counterparts.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm not sure if I hate or love Purah's personality, but it's definitely one of those.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Dareon posted:

You can't have met the most annoying character in this episode, because we've already met Paya. :colbert:

If you stand under the apple trees with a lit torch for a few seconds, you'll bake the apples right on the tree.

There is a reward for finishing out the Hyrule Compendium, but it's just a key item that doesn't actually do anything. And as mentioned, you can just pay all the money to get the necessary pictures. But if you don't take a selfie with Calamity Ganon, why are you even playing this game.

Man, you actually got a useful picture out of the freebie. My game, I got Mighty Bananas. The one fruit you need the absolute least help in finding.

Fun fact: The Hylian language on the signs is basically just English in a mildly-obfuscated font. The sign outside Link's house says "MASTER LINK -presented by Sakurai Builders", any directional signs just say "THIS WAY" and "THAT WAY" or "LEFT" and "RIGHT", all kinds of things like that. The Ancient Sheikah text that shows up here and there in the Slate and shrines is also English, but far more heavily obfuscated. The text that appears in the beam of light on map pins says "ITS DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE", but none of the letters actually look like their alphabet counterparts.

The Gerudo also have their own alphabet. There’s an area where a lot of scaffolding is left over from excavating Divine Beasts and Guardians and whatnot, and it’s festooned with banners in that script saying “Safety First”.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Purah's ok to me since most of the really annoying aspects of her character are blunted by the way she's presented.

She has the same generalist-ic voice clips as everyone else does in the game. Her silly hand gestures can be ignored in favor of reading text most of the time. And her diary gives her a plausible out for acting the way she does: she can't help it, she literally has the mind of a 6 year old girl with 120+ years of history along for the ride.

Also you can mock her for her wanting you to say snap. That helps.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I like Purah because she's not just a anime-y kid, she's acting that way because she thinks that's how a kid is supposed to act. She's a little old lady who's trying to be hip and cool like the kids these days :3:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

ousire posted:

I like Purah because she's not just a anime-y kid, she's acting that way because she thinks that's how a kid is supposed to act. She's a little old lady who's trying to be hip and cool like the kids these days :3:

That's why I'm not sure if I hate or love it, pretending to be an annoying kid is still being an annoying kid at the end of the day :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

ousire posted:

There's even the double-sidetrack in that she's acting how she thinks kids acted from before the calamity.

Apparently they were really into pop stars and sheikahbook.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quote:

I want to see your fanart, or "fart" of a smoking-hot Purah.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

KieranWalker posted:

That house, incidentally, is the reason I think Link and Mipha's relationship was legit (and not just the zora princess having a crush on the hero as in Ocarina of Time).

There are exactly two beds in the entire game Link doesn't have to pay to sleep in. One of them is in Link's house in Hateno Village after you pay Bolson to furnish it.

The other is that little semi-private retreat in Zora's Domain overlooking the East Reservoir. Link was actually living in Zora's Domain before the calamity.

I freely admit it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but when the thought first occurred to me, the whole thing struck me as a brilliant piece of implied storytelling. It gives you just enough information to get your brain cranking to fill in the gaps, and I love it.

There are a few others. Dr. Calip's place at Fort Hateno is one, there's the Old Man's cabin up on the Great Plateau, and a few others scattered around. I like the idea, but the evidence doesn't support it.

...I would have mentioned this sooner, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't hallucinated "Sleep" popping up for a moment as I was running circles around Calip.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

There are a few others. Dr. Calip's place at Fort Hateno is one, there's the Old Man's cabin up on the Great Plateau, and a few others scattered around. I like the idea, but the evidence doesn't support it.

...I would have mentioned this sooner, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't hallucinated "Sleep" popping up for a moment as I was running circles around Calip.

Oh. Well, now I just feel silly. :sweatdrop:

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised there are multiple things in this giant-rear end game I never found/noticed.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week we strip naked in paradise.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I mean is there really a better time to stuff your face full of fish than when you're swimming?

Also I'm looking forward to the horndog going to the desert already :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 4, 2017

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ThornBrain posted:

This week we strip naked in paradise.

The boat oar being stronger than a sword is totally a Musashi reference and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you go around behind the mountain where the second pedestal is, there's a rock octorok who can do things to your rusty sword and shield for a leg up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
The Climbing Gear does have a set bonus, and it's a really nice one imo: It reduces the stamina cost of jumping while climbing to almost nothing.

• Locked thread