Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The hinge on it is notoriously fragile so yo have to Baby the, but otherwise they are excellent headphones. I’ve been using mine almost daily for a year and they’re still good.

Mine has lasted 2 years of babying and the plastic is still cracking.

Other than cosmetically it’s great for how cheap it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I’m noticing I have a tragic first world problem. In the morning, I like popping my switch out of the dock, and just tossing it in it’s case and heading out.

However, with Odyssey, I’m gonna be trying to use some of the motion controls more often but doing that means I’ll have to slide on the bumpers etc. When I’m done, gotta slide them back off and then pop the joycons on my Switch. This is a process.

In writing this, I have realized I am now on the spectrum. Good Christ.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So don't use the bumpers.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah I don't mess with the bumpers when I go detached joycons.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Thinking about getting the PS4Gold headset. I have a PS4 and a Switch. Is it worth the money? I see a refurb can be bought on Amazon for $65. Is the surround sound good enough to justify them if I already have some Beats Studio headphones that I could plug in?

The faux leather covering on the muffs is peeling off on mine but I think that says more about me than the headsets

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I am all about DLC for Odyssey if it's priced "Right" and even if it isn't...poo poo I dunno.

It's like that one Busta Rhymes song just...just gimmie s'more. Gimmie more next year just stuff it down my gullet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anybody else have bumpers that are way more reluctant to go on/off compared to the regular controller holder or the console itsef?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I don't want DLC for Odyssey because I'm really bad at coming back to games after I finish them, but there's no way I'm waiting to play that one.

I'd rather they just do a quick sequel in the same engine like Galaxy 2 (although that ended up taking more than two years...)

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

They're far too small in my meaty claws without them.

DO motion controls work with the Pro controller?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

They're far too small in my meaty claws without them.

DO motion controls work with the Pro controller?

Exquisitely

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, hey, I found the part where the game punches your dick. At last. I don't think anyone complaining that Odyssey was easy even stepped one foot into the postgame stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You had all game to get good. Way to let the mushroom kingdom down noob

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Should I get a pro controller for Mario

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

a.lo posted:

I've been playing it the joycon dog setup and been doing fine. I'd prefer to have a pro controller but its not necessary. I've heard the motion stuff is actually a lot easier with a pro controller, so if you want to use that then get one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I keep hearing how the game is easy but that just isn't my experience. I've died dozens of times to missed jumps, a handful of times to running out of health, I've flubbed moons and fell to the bottom and had to start over, the only difference is there is no penalty for death other than paying ten coins and the game isn't being tedious about it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

a.lo posted:

for mario, and many other excellent games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

I've been playing it the joycon dog setup and been doing fine. I'd prefer to have a pro controller but its not necessary. I've heard the motion stuff is actually a lot easier with a pro controller, so if you want to use that then get one.

The motion isnt any better on pro controller afaict

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I keep hearing how the game is easy but that just isn't my experience. I've died dozens of times to missed jumps, a handful of times to running out of health, I've flubbed moons and fell to the bottom and had to start over, the only difference is there is no penalty for death other than paying ten coins and the game isn't being tedious about it.

Yeah I'm barely in Kingdom 4 and while I wouldn't say the game is hard, plenty of sections have been tricky and/or required a few retries. Certainly not downright piss-easy as much of the internet has implied, makes me excited for the rest of the kingdoms and the supposedly savage post-game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The easy part is that you can always give up and try for a different moon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Will Mario judge you though

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I died maybe 15 times on a section where you're not allowed to use your hat. gently caress you jumping onto constantly rotating platforms :argh:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't think Odyssey is so much easy as there just aren't any real consequences to dying. 10 coins is like nothing, and you don't get sent back super far.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

GreenNight posted:

I died maybe 15 times on a section where you're not allowed to use your hat. gently caress you jumping onto constantly rotating platforms :argh:

gently caress the levels with poison lakes etc

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Everything 8-bit just makes me so giddy. I absolutely adore how the music changes to 8-bit music too.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

I don't think Odyssey is so much easy as there just aren't any real consequences to dying. 10 coins is like nothing, and you don't get sent back super far.

I like it. I still get the sting of failing because the game gives the theatre of me being a FAILURE while not penalizing you with something dumb and unnecessarily annoying/tedious that adds nothing to the experience

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm 350 moons in and some of them are getting really difficult now

The story line was easy, which is good. poo poo gets tuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I am missing 6 purple coins total in the whole game, 3 each in two different near end levels and it's driving me crazy.

I've been over those levels with a fine tooth comb and nothing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I am missing 6 purple coins total in the whole game, 3 each in two different near end levels and it's driving me crazy.

Get yourself a Bowser amiibo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

KingSlime posted:

I like it. I still get the sting of failing because the game gives the theatre of me being a FAILURE while not penalizing you with something dumb and unnecessarily annoying/tedious that adds nothing to the experience

Oh yeah, me too. I'm just saying that it makes it feel easy when really it's just low pressure. All the ways I've died would have sent me to the game over screen on SM64 a bunch of times.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

LODGE NORTH posted:

Doesn’t he Switch somehow secretly support Bluetooth? I’d have to find the article but I could’ve sworn I read it earlier this year

The Bluetooth chip in the Switch technically supports Bluetooth audio. It’s the same chip used for WiFi/Bluetooth in other devices where Bluetooth audio is supported. That functionality isn’t enabled in the Switch though. It’s not known if Nintendo disabled it because of technical reasons or just Nintendo being Nintendo. Like, maybe if you were playing a 8 player game with 4 Switches locally networked under a skate park, adding a bunch of Bluetooth headsets would cause enough interference to degrade the controls? Or the chip can’t process connection to a WiFi Network, 8 joycons functioning as 4 controllers, and Bluetooth audio? So maybe they disabled it until they can define all the scenarios where it won’t impact controls/network connections and release firmware that enables it only in those scenarios.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way on a system level to reverse the a and b confirm/back out functions?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any way on a system level to reverse the a and b confirm/back out functions?

:colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Odyssey is, without question, the best 1st party Nintendo game on the Switch. It also easily has the most heart and care put into it. Nothing else, except BOTW, compares to it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Having Mario on a pair of 4 hour flights made them infinitely more tolerable.

Also the guy next to me was all hey you got a switch too Yay. Cept he didn't charge his first it lasted like 20 minutes. Lol noob

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Regy Rusty posted:

You got any Bowser Amiibo? Any of the various Bowsers will work, it will highlight the coins

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I would still claim (not in the postgame yet) that the game ya not hard. The few times I have died have been from camera perspective ducky is or general stupid actions on my part.

I wouldn’t classify that as hard. :)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Having Mario on a pair of 4 hour flights made them infinitely more tolerable.

Also the guy next to me was all hey you got a switch too Yay. Cept he didn't charge his first it lasted like 20 minutes. Lol noob

Mediocre Switch owner. You should have witnessed him and pushed him out of the airplane

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You got any Bowser Amiibo? Any of the various Bowsers will work, it will highlight the coins

No I don't. I considered getting one but surely I'll be able to find them eventually so it seems a bit silly to buy one just for that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Does my Mad Max Bowser work? Sometimes they forget to account for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

No I don't. I considered getting one but surely I'll be able to find them eventually so it seems a bit silly to buy one just for that.

are there any video walkthroughs out yet? you can always go for that

• Locked thread