Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

##vote salthebard

Li responded really scummily to Asiina's basic questions. I think this is the most damning part, however:

This is bothering me. You’re using my quotes to say that I’m scummy, but not actually explaining what about them make me scummy. Everyone can read what I’m saying, I want to know your reasoning on how what I said is scummy. I feel like you’re being deliberately obtuse and either don’t want to actually play or just want to frustrate people into throwing up their hands and doing whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i dont think jj is scum tbh.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

i dont think jj is scum tbh.

I’m not calling him scum, even if I kinda think it, because he hasn’t done anything particularly scummy. Maybe I just disagree with his way of playing, I’m not entirely sure. I just want to see him actually put some reasoning behind his statements.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

This is bothering me. You’re using my quotes to say that I’m scummy, but not actually explaining what about them make me scummy. Everyone can read what I’m saying, I want to know your reasoning on how what I said is scummy. I feel like you’re being deliberately obtuse and either don’t want to actually play or just want to frustrate people into throwing up their hands and doing whatever.

Let’s assume for a second that I’m wrong, and you’re town. If this is the case, you are being extremely blind to your posts’ own faults. Besides, the post wasn’t made for your benefit, it was made to illustrate to others why you are scummy. I did not explain it because I thought it was obvious.

Though, with the lack of any comment on the post besides your own, perhaps I am wrong about the level of obviousness.

Therefore, to drive discussion: the posts are scummy because, when juxtaposed, you call her townie in one breath and “scum or good/lucky” in the next. I’m a big believer in the mafia theory that HOW people say things says a lot about how they’re thinking. You started by unequivocally calling Asiina town for her calling two alignments, then introduce the possibility she could be scum in the next. Further, the scum possibility takes place before the “good/lucky” possibility in that second post. Yet at the same time, your actions/discussion since do not indicate you are seriously considering the scum possibility. This reads to me as if you know Asiina is town, know that you hosed up in calling her towny, but aren’t aren’t willing to walk back on the public opinion immediately. A massive accidental scumslip.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Let’s assume for a second that I’m wrong, and you’re town. If this is the case, you are being extremely blind to your posts’ own faults. Besides, the post wasn’t made for your benefit, it was made to illustrate to others why you are scummy. I did not explain it because I thought it was obvious.

Though, with the lack of any comment on the post besides your own, perhaps I am wrong about the level of obviousness.

Therefore, to drive discussion: the posts are scummy because, when juxtaposed, you call her townie in one breath and “scum or good/lucky” in the next. I’m a big believer in the mafia theory that HOW people say things says a lot about how they’re thinking. You started by unequivocally calling Asiina town for her calling two alignments, then introduce the possibility she could be scum in the next. Further, the scum possibility takes place before the “good/lucky” possibility in that second post. Yet at the same time, your actions/discussion since do not indicate you are seriously considering the scum possibility. This reads to me as if you know Asiina is town, know that you hosed up in calling her towny, but aren’t aren’t willing to walk back on the public opinion immediately. A massive accidental scumslip.

Please re-read my posts. The first quote, where I called her trustworthy, was a response to her asking why I was suspect of her two town calls becoming the lynch then the night kill. I said that it was a scum play to make her seem more trustworthy.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

Please re-read my posts. The first quote, where I called her trustworthy, was a response to her asking why I was suspect of her two town calls becoming the lynch then the night kill. I said that it was a scum play to make her seem more trustworthy.

You’re correct. Sorry, lost context.

With that in mind, I no longer believe you to be scummy. I think you’re wrong about Asiina being scummy and need to reread your posts, though.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gently caress waiting till tomorrow. Sal is scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

You are going to lynch a townie.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
But I think you probably know that already.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

You are going to lynch a townie.

I think it is time for you to claim, because you havent convinced me that you are town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Would you please explain what that means?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

this post has awoken me from my post-move torpor, hungry for scum blood

if i've ever seen a loving scum flag flying higher and harder than this bad post, then i must have amnesia because wow golly loving gosh

before i delve into your history and tear it apart, as sparse as it is, let me state this emphatically: there is no less towny of a move than calling for a turbo while we're still in discussion. it has no benefit to town whatsoever.

vote pending a FULL investigation by my crack CSI team

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That's something I can probably get behind. It helps that basically all of Nevergirls' posts are zero-content.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
DAY 1: DAWN OF THE SCUM

oh heh, i didn't quote anything

oh right because THIS BITCH DIDN'T SAY poo poo OF ANY VALUE ON DAY ONE, which is as much of a strike against them as anything

regardless, let's look at their "joke" votes

voting for the person with the fewest posts ## vote dancer

in this game, and in the other game, I've been ublocking your av because it's too distracting, and somehow the block isn't holding.

so ##vote asiina

Jokes on you the scum channel is on slack. Nice huoneypo though ##vote b-minus1

obvious joke votes, right? so their real vote has to have some substance as one of the hammerers, right?!?HAHAHA NO

a pretty loving awful day one overall, but let's look at:

DAY TWO: DAY OF THE SCUM

Yeah 😕 ##vote pmush

right out the gate with a lovely unexplained vote

a "me too" claim of town, always a common tactic for people who don't really get how to blend in with town as scum. if they'd been the first, that would be different, instead they go in after someone else, thinking it a "safe" move.

let's all fullclaim I'm vanilla town

as a follow up, attempts to start a fullclaim and again reiterates they are town, and a VT at that

## vote Chic Trombone

oh hay look at this, an attempt to get a lurker lynch going on day 2

Sal, Dancer and Chic are scum.

now, they're going for an "all lurkers are scum" tactic, because again, i don't think nevergirls is very good at scum yet

## vote salthebard as well.

finally, another vote with no substance, just jumping onto the most obvious bandwagon

SYNOPSIS:

nevergirl, i have never played against you, but i know all i need to now. i can see your loving brain, laid out like an 80's wireframe in my minds eye, and every angle tells me a story of scum, but not a sophisticated, clever scum. scum that maybe didn't WANT to be scum, but it was thrust upon them.

just come clean, it's alright, all you gotta do is work with me here. i know it's scary being scum sometimes, just tell us and we can help by sending your scum rear end into the grave

#vote NevergirlsOfficial

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Would you please explain what that means?

To "claim" is to state what role you are

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Like, specifically

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also that case is pretty compelling, I'll check never girls out when I go on lunch

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i will be here all day to answer questions regarding the case against never girl, btw

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Unrelated question, any particular reason you decided to investigate b-minus? Not saying there needs to be one, given that day 1 is a dartboard, but still worth hearing thoughts you might have had.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Dancer posted:

Unrelated question, any particular reason you decided to investigate b-minus? Not saying there needs to be one, given that day 1 is a dartboard, but still worth hearing thoughts you might have had.

uh really it was because i was really hot on them as my day 1 scum pick, go read some of my posts that day for some clarification

now that i look back, it was less scummy behavior and more shoddy town than anything

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Non game related post ahead!

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo! Rad.

Congrats on the new place and whenever you got married since I am apparently incredibly out of the loop! :toot:

Still think you're scum though.
Thank you love. We got married August of last year, if you look hard enough in the backlog of that time you may be able to find some pictures of the day.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Important question did you originally meet through mafia Y/N

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote Juchero

##vote Nevergirls

Juchero when you lay it out like that I think you are on to something. I'm hoping this isn't scum tactic to vote a townie but Nevergirls was already on my radar as well.

I claim Vanilla Town. I don't have any special role.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Important question did you originally meet through mafia Y/N

No, we met playing a different text based rpg about six and a half years ago and started dating just shy of six years ago. We hid our relationship status when I started playing mafia and told everyone on our wedding day.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im not convinced that nevergirls is scum, and juchero's case has not convinced me to change my vote. i will look over nevergirls' post history again and see if anything jumps out. for now, i am sticking with Sal.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am getting a little suspect of Sal because a quarter of their posts are them insisting they’re town.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

##unvote Juchero

##vote Nevergirls

Juchero when you lay it out like that I think you are on to something. I'm hoping this isn't scum tactic to vote a townie but Nevergirls was already on my radar as well.

I claim Vanilla Town. I don't have any special role.

Lmao how can anyone think this guy isn’t scum

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

I am getting a little suspect of Sal because a quarter of their posts are them insisting they’re town.

:yeah:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
here's the reason i think sal is less scummy than nevergirls, while also adding some more heat to the fire:

in my humble experience, when someone is low content posting, they're usually either an uninterested town or a scum trying to lay low without lurking

the difference is that the low content town is very passive, holding onto their votes and mostly considers other players opinions as to who is scum. low content scum on the other hand, still has to make time to be aggressive and push votes, while still trying to be low key.
'
comparing sal and nevergirls, i believe my theory that sal is, while definitely not 100% town yet, isn't nearly as scummy as the more aggressively low content nevergirls. even the constantly claiming town fits into the theme here, as it plays as being defensive but not defensive enough to counter with something substantial

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah I can see Sal as newbie scum, but otoh I feel like their scumbuds would be yelling at them to post differently or shut up by now so I'm not 100% on it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Juchero posted:

DAY 1: DAWN OF THE SCUM

oh heh, i didn't quote anything

oh right because THIS BITCH DIDN'T SAY poo poo OF ANY VALUE ON DAY ONE, which is as much of a strike against them as anything

regardless, let's look at their "joke" votes

obvious joke votes, right? so their real vote has to have some substance as one of the hammerers, right?!?HAHAHA NO

a pretty loving awful day one overall, but let's look at:

DAY TWO: DAY OF THE SCUM

right out the gate with a lovely unexplained vote

a "me too" claim of town, always a common tactic for people who don't really get how to blend in with town as scum. if they'd been the first, that would be different, instead they go in after someone else, thinking it a "safe" move.

as a follow up, attempts to start a fullclaim and again reiterates they are town, and a VT at that

oh hay look at this, an attempt to get a lurker lynch going on day 2

now, they're going for an "all lurkers are scum" tactic, because again, i don't think nevergirls is very good at scum yet

finally, another vote with no substance, just jumping onto the most obvious bandwagon

SYNOPSIS:

nevergirl, i have never played against you, but i know all i need to now. i can see your loving brain, laid out like an 80's wireframe in my minds eye, and every angle tells me a story of scum, but not a sophisticated, clever scum. scum that maybe didn't WANT to be scum, but it was thrust upon them.

just come clean, it's alright, all you gotta do is work with me here. i know it's scary being scum sometimes, just tell us and we can help by sending your scum rear end into the grave

#vote NevergirlsOfficial

What’s wrong with voting based on low post count ? Seriously. The other game I was in that just ended (and I was scum there btw) my three scum buddies were among the Lowest posters. This is common in other games I’ve played long ago as far as I recall. Using this to encourage people to post is very town friendly and resultsbin more info. Sal is low poster and made sense to move to him — totally in line with my thinking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Li Dawny posted:

I mean loving people told me to hard claim and I did. I won't mention it again. Vote for me that's fine, at this point I done defending my loving self.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

I mean loving people told me to hard claim and I did. I won't mention it again. Vote for me that's fine, at this point I done defending my loving self.

Lmao

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Juchero posted:

here's the reason i think sal is less scummy than nevergirls, while also adding some more heat to the fire:

in my humble experience, when someone is low content posting, they're usually either an uninterested town or a scum trying to lay low without lurking

the difference is that the low content town is very passive, holding onto their votes and mostly considers other players opinions as to who is scum. low content scum on the other hand, still has to make time to be aggressive and push votes, while still trying to be low key.
'
comparing sal and nevergirls, i believe my theory that sal is, while definitely not 100% town yet, isn't nearly as scummy as the more aggressively low content nevergirls. even the constantly claiming town fits into the theme here, as it plays as being defensive but not defensive enough to counter with something substantial

I think Nevergirls is just picking up on same vibe I am IMO

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

SalTheBard posted:

this an extremely town tantrum to throw, love it

What’s wrong with voting based on low post count ? Seriously. The other game I was in that just ended (and I was scum there btw) my three scum buddies were among the Lowest posters. This is common in other games I’ve played long ago as far as I recall. Using this to encourage people to post is very town friendly and resultsbin more info. Sal is low poster and made sense to move to him — totally in line with my thinking.

because 1. it's not always true and 2. that is far beyond your only crime

i agree that trying to rouse lurkers to post can help town, but everything else you're doing makes it stink of scum as well

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Juchero posted:

this an extremely town tantrum to throw, love it

What???

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i wish we could get some more contribution from other players in the game.... YT, asiina, any thoughts?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

as someone who has thrown my share of tantrums as both town and scum, this feels like legitimate frustration and going "gently caress it just vote me" right away feels like resignation

however i could be wrong, my game is 6 months dusty still and this could be a totally bad read by me, but for now it isn't tripping my scum sensors

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

i wish we could get some more contribution from other players in the game.... YT, asiina, any thoughts?

At work, I'm skimming and I think juchero's case is solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Juchero posted:

as someone who has thrown my share of tantrums as both town and scum, this feels like legitimate frustration and going "gently caress it just vote me" right away feels like resignation

however i could be wrong, my game is 6 months dusty still and this could be a totally bad read by me, but for now it isn't tripping my scum sensors

He didn’t even respond properly. Notice all his posts before his “claim” where he’s just wasting space calling himself town.

• Locked thread