Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

resident posted:

Who else is in the $20 league? I PM'ed Doltos & Green Gloves with my payment info. Deimos, do you have a preferred contact method since you don't have PMs?

I like the $160/$60/$10/$10 breakdown, but speak up if anyone is opposed.

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me
residen'ts friends 1/2/3/4

I sent in 40 last night. Actually it came from her PayPal so that's for the two of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

DeimosRising posted:

I sent in 40 last night. Actually it came from her PayPal so that's for the two of us

I got everyone's payments. Good luck!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Happy I got Lebron with that tenth pick now :)

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Oladipo was a good choice

Also, worth dropping Avery Bradley for Fournier?

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 25, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aaron Gordon for $9 looking real nice right now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Happy I got Lebron with that tenth pick now :)

I was really torn between Lebron and Harden at 5 and leaned towards Harden because he'll be there later in the season while Lebron will be getting random rest.

Our first round was kind of weird. Still can't believe the Giannas - KAT one/two combo. They'll both be monsters, but I kinda think you need a 3 point shooter or a defensive stalwart superstar in 9 cat leagues. Giannas will be fine even though he doesn't shoot 3's but KAT doesn't shoot enough 3's or get enough assists/defensive stats to make up for a Lebron/Durant/Harden production

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Doltos posted:

I was really torn between Lebron and Harden at 5 and leaned towards Harden because he'll be there later in the season while Lebron will be getting random rest.

Our first round was kind of weird. Still can't believe the Giannas - KAT one/two combo. They'll both be monsters, but I kinda think you need a 3 point shooter or a defensive stalwart superstar in 9 cat leagues. Giannas will be fine even though he doesn't shoot 3's but KAT doesn't shoot enough 3's or get enough assists/defensive stats to make up for a Lebron/Durant/Harden production

Kat is gonna play a lot more minutes than those guys in all likelihood so I think it's defensible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

Kat is gonna play a lot more minutes than those guys in all likelihood so I think it's defensible.

Minutes aren't a stat, though

e: to cover all bases, KAT's increased minutes aren't going to change that he doesn't really get defensive stats, nor does he make as many threes or get as many assists, as the guys listed. So in the end all his increased minutes mean are that he needs more minutes to compete in points and contribute in rebounds, meaning if he starts getting less minutes for whatever reason then it hurts you even more.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 25, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

IcePhoenix posted:

Minutes aren't a stat, though

e: to cover all bases, KAT's increased minutes aren't going to change that he doesn't really get defensive stats, nor does he make as many threes or get as many assists, as the guys listed. So in the end all his increased minutes mean are that he needs more minutes to compete in points and contribute in rebounds, meaning if he starts getting less minutes for whatever reason then it hurts you even more.

He's going to play more minutes cause he's gonna play more games. There will be weeks where Durant and Lebron are sitting or half assing as their teams cruise to a top 2 seed and Towns is playing 35 minutes in 3 different games. Tanking a week cause old men on good teams get rest days and rest minutes can be a big deal. Reliability is a major factor

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

He's going to play more minutes cause he's gonna play more games. There will be weeks where Durant and Lebron are sitting or half assing as their teams cruise to a top 2 seed and Towns is playing 35 minutes in 3 different games. Tanking a week cause old men on good teams get rest days and rest minutes can be a big deal. Reliability is a major factor

I can see the argument, plus KAT might suddenly become a lot better at getting those steals and blocks that separate big men into the elite category. He's still incredibly raw and has so much more room to grow even though he's already a 25/10 guy in the NBA as a center. I still would have went Harden or Westbrook at 2 if you're worried about people getting benched though.

Either way it's not that egregious. The original issue was that Movie Majick got Lebron with the 10th pick which definitely shouldn't have happened. I love Jokic and Davis but Lebron's much more valuable and reliable than both of them in 9 cat. Same could be said about Chris Paul now that he's getting a bit on the old side. Steph/Harden/Westbrook are all preference if you want more assists than what Lebron can bring or a guaranteed win in the 3pt made category. Durant/Giannis/Lebron just get so many points, assists, rebounds, 3's, blocks, and steals that they're like guaranteed playoff appearance guys if you take them.

Also this was a super stacked draft this year and any one of Cp3, Cousins, Davis, Leonard, Jokic, Kyrie, John Wall, or even fringe guys like Butler, Rudy, Whiteside, Kemba, Conley, or Paul George coulda snuck into the first round. It feels like every superstar can hit 3's and get steals now, even the centers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

This is a way better description than "he gets more minutes," so I get what you were saying now, thanks. It does make way more sense when you say it that way.

Plus if it's a dynasty format then KAT becomes much more desirable since you have to assume he's going t start to figure out defense eventually.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Offering up rebounds looking for assists or 3's

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Doltos posted:

Offering up rebounds looking for assists or 3's

Perhaps you’d like to take a ride on the jimmy butler pneumonia train?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What would you want for him? I'm a little hesitant about his role in the TWolves offense...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I just realized we have two injury list spots lmbo. I'm dumb

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I wish we had more

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was gonna do more but the waiver wire is so incredibly thin as it is...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Didn't even check cause I'm still adjusting to the huge active roster

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

I just realized we have two injury list spots lmbo. I'm dumb

WHoops, same

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I just need the Suns to do something with Eric Bledsoe already.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Some cold rear end starts from my peripheral players (and my retarded Lonzo Ball pick) have left me out of the gate 1-8

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Some cold rear end starts from my peripheral players (and my retarded Lonzo Ball pick) have left me out of the gate 1-8

Ill trade you for Ball if you want to unload the retard pick

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

Ill trade you for Ball if you want to unload the retard pick

Send me an offer I cant refuse

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Send me an offer I cant refuse

Im guessing theres no way I'm getting my son KP from you is there

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

Im guessing theres no way I'm getting my son KP from you is there

He is my son now

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'm assuming my unfounded affinity for Marquese Chriss is going send send me rocketing down the league standings at some point.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Bite your tongue, thread title

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Sorry Doltos, someone gave Schroeder for big baller brand

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't blame you, that trade was complete trade rape to the point where I want to veto it but I can't because I'm just jealous of a job well done

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Doltos posted:

I don't blame you, that trade was complete trade rape to the point where I want to veto it but I can't because I'm just jealous of a job well done

Not a Big Baller

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Tonight is the kind of night that makes me happy to be so big man domnant

LeBron, Porzingis, Brook, and Horford all having huge nights

Kind of makes up for Jordan Clarkson being my best guard

Btw, Kind of looking for a guard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Daily reminder that Lebron went 10th in our league

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Drop DSJ or Jaylen Brown for Kuzma? Need boards, specifically.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Vernacular posted:

Drop DSJ or Jaylen Brown for Kuzma? Need boards, specifically.

DSJ

Jaylen has been pretty good

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Doltos posted:

Glad I chose Chris Paul 9th over him and gambled on broken Kawhi the next round

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

:smugdog:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Doltos posted:

I'm very confident that by the end of the season Jokic will have the better line, even though he'll probably never put up a night like Lebron just did. As for the rest of my team...well...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Doltos posted:

i correctly picked the Greek Freak first so don't look at me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DC Murderverse posted:

i correctly picked the Greek Freak first so don't look at me

drat you for being smart. I really thought our draft woulda been like Westbrook - Lebron - Harden - Durant - Curry/Cousins - and then me getting Giannis. I had my entire draft planned around landing Giannis/Embiid and then nothing but 3's.

I'm still ok with Harden over Lebron since I get more reliable 3's, assists, and playing time, plus he gets steals and blocks, but drat I'd probably change my pick right now if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any of you slow starters willing to part with a gooder player for multiple good players

• Locked thread