Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Juchero posted:

this an extremely town tantrum to throw, love it

because 1. it's not always true and 2. that is far beyond your only crime

i agree that trying to rouse lurkers to post can help town, but everything else you're doing makes it stink of scum as well

Other “crimes” cited: d1 shitposting and saying that I’m town.

Look at anyone’s d1 posts here they are all terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

jon joe posted:

He didn’t even respond properly. Notice all his posts before his “claim” where he’s just wasting space calling himself town.

ugh i think you're right but my feeling on nevergirls is a lot stronger

speaking of

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Other “crimes” cited: d1 shitposting and saying that I’m town.

Look at anyone’s d1 posts here they are all terrible.

yeah, but usually they're better on day 2

yours are terrible, and i explained why pretty succinctly

your absolute lack of any kind of content behind your votes and posting, while still trying to push an early loving turbo when town is still talking about poo poo, is why you are absolute scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It is possible that both Sal and Nevergirls are town, and we are falling victim to tunneling town players.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

It is possible that both Sal and Nevergirls are town, and we are falling victim to tunneling town players.

Yes.

It’s also technically possible that this game contains six SKs and only one real NK

Is there something in particular that makes you think they’re both town?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

jon joe posted:

Yes.

It’s also technically possible that this game contains six SKs and only one real NK

Is there something in particular that makes you think they’re both town?

I am starting to think Sal is being sincere. and I'm not entirely convinced nevergirls is scum, but it could be because i read them as town prior to juchero's case.

but what im really beginning to question is the (lack of) contribution from YT, Chic, PMush and Asiina, in that order. I don't have time to break it down, but I'll be able to highlight some posts that I find suspicious.

For now, I will ##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Sal

I'm with JJ.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

Non game related post ahead!

Thank you love. We got married August of last year, if you look hard enough in the backlog of that time you may be able to find some pictures of the day.

I didn't realize it was only a year in August that's crazy!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I think votes for Nevergirls aren't counting?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

😅

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
## vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

Is Nevergirls set as an alias for them in VF?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Li Dawny posted:

Is Nevergirls set as an alias for them in VF?

I should be set as an alias however a few years ago we did a namechange switcharoo in yospos and some poor bastard got the original nevergirls username.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

until votefinder is fixed I did a ctrl+ and looks like these are the people voting for me

sal
juchero

Sal is voting for me because he's scum easy peasy

Juchero - low content and claiming town is all you got on me. There are several others who can claim the "low content" award before me, I'd invite you to look at them. Consider dancer and chic trombone for instance.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

until votefinder is fixed I did a ctrl+ and looks like these are the people voting for me

Juchero - low content and claiming town is all you got on me. There are several others who can claim the "low content" award before me, I'd invite you to look at them. Consider dancer and chic trombone for instance.

looool you still haven't addressed the last time I said those weren't what made truly scummy

but thank you, trying to revise history like this hoping town doesn't pay attention is a nice addition to the evidence mounting before you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Asiina posted:

##vote Sal

I'm with JJ.

do you think nevergirls is suspicious?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Not really.

He just came from a game where scum lurked to hell, I'm not surprised he's looking for lurking scum.

Also D2 isn't bad to start looking at lurkers. I'll look at lurkers D1 these days. Nothing is sacred.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Juchero posted:

looool you still haven't addressed the last time I said those weren't what made truly scummy

but thank you, trying to revise history like this hoping town doesn't pay attention is a nice addition to the evidence mounting before you
is this what you're talking about?:

Juchero posted:

your absolute lack of any kind of content behind your votes and posting, while still trying to push an early loving turbo when town is still talking about poo poo, is why you are absolute scum

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

Not really.

He just came from a game where scum lurked to hell, I'm not surprised he's looking for lurking scum.

Also D2 isn't bad to start looking at lurkers. I'll look at lurkers D1 these days. Nothing is sacred.

see? reasonable person.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Maybe I'm overthinking things and Sal is scum.

If we lynch Sal and he flips scum, then we should take a hard look at Dancer, PMush and Chic trombone.
If we lynch Sal and he flips town, then I'm not sure what to think.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

is this what you're talking about?:

yes, absolutely, especially since you still haven't addressed that, the single thing that turned me onto you as scum

Juchero posted:

this post has awoken me from my post-move torpor, hungry for scum blood

if i've ever seen a loving scum flag flying higher and harder than this bad post, then i must have amnesia because wow golly loving gosh

before i delve into your history and tear it apart, as sparse as it is, let me state this emphatically: there is no less towny of a move than calling for a turbo while we're still in discussion. it has no benefit to town whatsoever.

vote pending a FULL investigation by my crack CSI team

oh and asiina, don't think your sudden appearance and defense of nevergirls has gone unnoticed

here's my current S.C.U.M. rating board

1(1). NEVERGIRLSOFFICIAL
2(3). ASIINA
3(2). SAL

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Juchero posted:

yes, absolutely, especially since you still haven't addressed that, the single thing that turned me onto you as scum
Here's me addressing it: I've IDed scum, I want to lynch scum. You are making mountains out of mole hills.

quote:

here's my current S.C.U.M. rating board

1(1). NEVERGIRLSOFFICIAL
2(3). ASIINA
3(2). SAL
man I cannot wait for that new av

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Here's me addressing it: I've IDed scum, I want to lynch scum. You are making mountains out of mole hills.

Yo out of curiosity do you have any cases outside of lurker cases

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also still feeling JonJoe but less surely than last night in light of his posting today

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

you haven't identified poo poo

give me one reason besides "he's a lurker" that we should end the day early and lynch sal, that someone else hasn't already elucidated better, and i will switch my vote from you to sal immediately, that is how sure i am that you are scum and must die

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

Also still feeling JonJoe but less surely than last night in light of his posting today

Why don’t you clarify what you mean because it’s IMO pretty suspicious for you to come out with this big case against me, I give you a joke response, and after no one else is willing to vote me you’re distancing yourself without looking into another person. That reads to me like scum without a real opinion.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
haha what if juchero is a scum cop, visited me last night, and claimed to boost town cred

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Chic Trombone posted:

Yeah I can see Sal as newbie scum, but otoh I feel like their scumbuds would be yelling at them to post differently or shut up by now so I'm not 100% on it

So I was harsh on Sal for not contributing.

His continued content is this:

SalTheBard posted:

YT you can advocate voting for me that's fine. I'm 100% town though. I agree with your point that having someone investigate me to determine I'm telling the truth is fine. If you want another townie to due vote for me, if you want to work to eliminate scum vote for someone else. I'm not good at defending myself here so I don't know what else to say. Kill a lurker before me is all I ask.

SalTheBard posted:

So looking at still living players who DIDN'T vote for Hal:
Jon Joe, Asiina, Dance, and Juchero

I feel confident in saying that there was obviously scum that voted for Hal (as is the nature of the game), but I'm going to ignore that for now. Based off the of the amount of posts we have JJ (28), Asiina (28), Dancer (9), and Juchero (18). When I was playing my last game I was scum and I attempted to post enough to stay active, but not enough to have my name constantly out there so that's why I'm leaning towards Juchero. I'm fine accepting my fate if people want to vote for me, but I'm town.

##Vote Juchero

SalTheBard posted:

Gun to my head: Juchero, JJ and Nevergirls.
I didn't find anything on the wiki so I'm sorry I'm not sure what hard claiming means.

Dancer pointed out that it would be extremely weird for someone to claim cop on N2. While I don't know that for sure I'm inclined to agree with them, which makes Jucheros post even stranger now that I've thought about it.

I get that everyone plays differently. I'm just looking at what I would do if I was in this situation. You guys do have a lot of posts but thats not a bad thing. loving hell I wish I had as many posts as you guys do!

SalTheBard posted:

##unvote Juchero

##vote Nevergirls

Juchero when you lay it out like that I think you are on to something. I'm hoping this isn't scum tactic to vote a townie but Nevergirls was already on my radar as well.

I claim Vanilla Town. I don't have any special role.

So there's at least an attempt to engage at this point and when asked he comes up with scum calls. This is significantly better than before, but it's also content that's come out because of absolutely constant pressure so I don't credit it too much.

The main odd thing is the really sudden switch on Juchero from thinking the guy's scum to believing in his tell. In fairness, Juchero made a pretty good post so I can at least believe the switch as a plausibly town one.

Here's what I think. Either Sal is flailing town who doesn't really know how to defend himself, but honestly, when they were coaxed out of him, he's got some reasonable opinions on basic scumhunting, so I don't buy necessarily that he doesn't.

Or, and I rate this as more likely, Sal is scum with a scumteam of people who are lurking or afk. He comes under pressure and doesn't really know how to respond as a scum player other than saying "I'm town," and eventually his scumbuds show up and suggest getting on the Nevergirls train to deflect off of himself.

A Sal flip gives us insight into Asiina (based on her D1 call), myself (based on my call today) as well as potentially lurking players, so I think he's good information. That said I believe him to be more plausibly townie than he was.

Still insufficient to move my vote.

I'll look into the nevergirls case in a bit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've made calls in this game?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

As I recall you noted that Sal was scum D1?

Asiina posted:

##vote Sal would also vote YT. I have determined that CPig is also town in this game along with me and Hal.

I have yet to make a decision on the rest of you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

You and I had an entire back and forth about your calls, it was one of the reasons I pushed the idea of you as scum.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

jon joe posted:

Why don’t you clarify what you mean because it’s IMO pretty suspicious for you to come out with this big case against me, I give you a joke response, and after no one else is willing to vote me you’re distancing yourself without looking into another person. That reads to me like scum without a real opinion.

I mean I'm less sure you're scum than I was last night? I've been at work my guy, not all of us have jobs where we can post to our heart's delight all the livelong day

also i've commented on a couple other people sooo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

To elaborate further my case was "this guy's posts are vapid and mostly contentless" and you've produced content i agree with today so I'm re-evaluating you in light of that

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote Salthebard

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Can I vote for myself just to get it over with?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Whoa we still have another day.

##unvote

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I think juchero is just trying their hardest to make today about your pal nevergirls rather than about their scumbuddy sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I think juchero is just trying their hardest to make today about your pal nevergirls rather than about their scumbuddy sal

When I turn out to be town remember this post and lynch Never please.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

This post might as well say :siren:I'M SCUM:siren:. Please promise me that when it's revealed I'm being honest please kill Never next.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I was harsh on Sal for not contributing.

His continued content is this:

So there's at least an attempt to engage at this point and when asked he comes up with scum calls. This is significantly better than before, but it's also content that's come out because of absolutely constant pressure so I don't credit it too much.

The main odd thing is the really sudden switch on Juchero from thinking the guy's scum to believing in his tell. In fairness, Juchero made a pretty good post so I can at least believe the switch as a plausibly town one.

Here's what I think. Either Sal is flailing town who doesn't really know how to defend himself, but honestly, when they were coaxed out of him, he's got some reasonable opinions on basic scumhunting, so I don't buy necessarily that he doesn't.

Or, and I rate this as more likely, Sal is scum with a scumteam of people who are lurking or afk. He comes under pressure and doesn't really know how to respond as a scum player other than saying "I'm town," and eventually his scumbuds show up and suggest getting on the Nevergirls train to deflect off of himself.

A Sal flip gives us insight into Asiina (based on her D1 call), myself (based on my call today) as well as potentially lurking players, so I think he's good information. That said I believe him to be more plausibly townie than he was.

Still insufficient to move my vote.

I'll look into the nevergirls case in a bit.

I get that this is making me suspect because I'm "his scumbud showing up and gettting on the Nevergirls train" but I feel this is worth pointing out... Is Sal really the *most* suspect? We have potential fairly suspect people:

Nevergirls
Chic Trombone (weirdly against Jon Joe for little apparent reason)
Juchero (weird cop behaviour, thogh he has made some salient contributions since).

Positions may differ, but I would argue that from any perspective at least one of those three is comparatively more suspect than Sal. My suspicion is on Nevergirls (and, personally, I find Juchero *less* suspect than Sal). You argue that a Sal flip gives us a lot information, which may be true. But if we lynch another townie today, we will (presumably) be dangerously close to scum guaranteed victory. I'd rather aim for a more likely immediate scum flip than a flip that gives info for a future we may not live to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

alright I'm gonna think about htis a little more ## unvote

• Locked thread