Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

dude, have you taken a bus cross country before? its nothing but farts and pedophilia.

I got a hand breezy from a married chick on a Greyhound once.

well, that's my story, thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

tna doesn't actually have wrestlers, they just buy a stock photo and then run a megaman weapon name generator.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/925802937733042181

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

The only winners right now appear to be the wrestlers

lemme stop you right there, Bix...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rockstar Spud is gone because of, and you might want to sit down for this one, TNA's staggering incompetence

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/11/01/wwe-wrestling-news-emma-release-rockstar-spud

quote:

Spud is 34-year-old James Curtin, and Impact’s failure to properly submit his visa paperwork eventually led to an inability to re-enter the United States. Spud had bookings lined up, but despite building a name and a brand, he could not enter the U.S. Since he could not work the Impact shows, Impact did not pay him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's at least 2-3 people they hosed up with Visa issues now isn't it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Spud is engaged to an American woman so that probably lead to strife and separation. Spud's fiance is Renee Michelle from the Mae Young Classic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Rockstar Spud is gone because of, and you might want to sit down for this one, TNA's staggering incompetence

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/11/01/wwe-wrestling-news-emma-release-rockstar-spud

I guess Bix was actually right, the wrestler won!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How good is Rockstar Spud on a scale of Enzo to Spike Dudley

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Spud is engaged to an American woman so that probably lead to strife and separation. Spud's fiance is Renee Michelle from the Mae Young Classic.

Mike Bailey and Veda Scott can only see each other on UK bookings but seem to be getting along well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, PWInsider even said that they're committed to ROH. TNA's the one pushing for it but if it were at all a mutual thing, it'd have happened by now

Isn't TNA committing to NJPW also making GBS threads on NOAH?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Calling it now, he's gonna sue TNA and get control of the company.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

RZApublican posted:

Calling it now, he's gonna sue TNA and get control of the company.

Nah I think he would probably win the lawsuit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Isn't TNA committing to NJPW also making GBS threads on NOAH?

I don't know enough about the current New Japan and NOAH situation to say, honestly. Will say even if they did not exactly like each other at the moment, it wouldn't even be the second current partnership TNA has that conflicts with a rival promotion TNA's also partnered with.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

How good is Rockstar Spud on a scale of Enzo to Spike Dudley

Less entertaining overall than both (but has standout moments), better in-ring than Enzo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rockstar Spud is an excellent lackey, either as the sniveling snot who is the sacrificial lamb to keep a babyface from getting to a heel, or as the lackey tired of his boss's poo poo.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

Marshe was a big deal at Chikara's KoT shows

From memory, the Soul Touchaz may as well have been called “Willie ‘Da Bomb’ Richardson & friends”

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shouldn't they have tried to add AJPW to their partnership since they have no chance in hell with NJPW?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they already have a working agreement with noah, it's not that they're looking for a japanese partner it's that they want to ride on the coattails of the current hot promotion

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The article was a decent summary, but of course the real gold is still in the comments

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

The loser leaves the country match is on Sunday, TNA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah I think he would probably win the lawsuit

Haha, nice.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

Mike Bailey and Veda Scott can only see each other on UK bookings but seem to be getting along well.

Canadian bookings too. She's here all the time now (as is Bailey when he's not doing a uk/japan tour obviously)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
in tna every match is a loser leaves the company match

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

corn in the bible posted:

in tna every match is a loser leaves the company match

To be fair, it's also a winner leaves the company match.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its getting to the point that I am overwhelmingly certain TNA cannot last any longer but I have thought that so many times before

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd kill for the TNA belt to become like the NWA belt and be fought randomly for across the country. It'd be the perfect ending

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its getting to the point that I am overwhelmingly certain TNA cannot last any longer but I have thought that so many times before

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh TNA OrlandoCanada(?) wgah'nagl fhtagn.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's sad because they've done so much more damage to the wrestling industry than good, but I initially was excited at the idea of the NWA having the platform of a national audience (on paper, anyways).

I wish it could have been different, as many jokes as I've made.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/TD_Place/status/925722079667851265

congrats to Section B ticketholders

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

i'm not going to lie, half the time i think you're making people up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

grack posted:

The article was a decent summary, but of course the real gold is still in the comments

Heh

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wonder how much weight he's gained between then and now

I met him a few months ago with an indie film festival, he looks good. Very nice fellow, obviously did not ask him about the face hand meme.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/babyhebner/status/925921897455538176 https://twitter.com/refrobking/status/925933577707180032

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

At this rate I wonder if TNA is just going to send out their people to their partnered companies for taping and not bother actually running show outside of a couple PPVs a year period.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
James Storm apparently isn't renewing in January.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Even the refs are jumping ship, this poo poo is amazing to watch happen

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

James Storm apparently isn't renewing in January.

I hope they put him in their Hall of Fame in an effort to keep him and he leaves anyway.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if TNA took care of any travel and lodging when they do tapings. Not comping the refs seems super sketch since they're generally on the low end of the payscale.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

coconono posted:

I wonder if TNA took care of any travel and lodging when they do tapings. Not comping the refs seems super sketch since they're generally on the low end of the payscale.

The ref thanking TNA for the exposure made me think of how sketchy companies in other industries ask people to work with them for free (or close to) and say "It'll be great exposure!" as though that makes up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

I'm pretty sure that stopped in like 2009.