Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's weird as hell. French flag? Their former imperial oppressors?

Fries in a burrito called a taco?

Get David Icke on this. I am not 100% sure these aren't lizard people masquerading as :ese:

They claim to be Mexican-French cuisine. The Tacos are said, on the van but not on JustEat, to be French-Style Tacos. I believe this to be absolute bullshit.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's weird as hell. French flag? Their former imperial oppressors?

Um... Mexico was never ruled by the French.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Wapole Languray posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_French_intervention_in_Mexico

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wapole Languray posted:

My friend, what do you think Cinco de Mayo commemorates?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Proper tex mex is pretty amazing so I can understand people getting angry about it. But at the end of the day, a taco or burrito is just an edible food wrapper so you can eat wet things with your hands and you can go some pretty magical places with a tortilla if you start thinking about what else you could randomly stuff in one.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

AlbieQuirky posted:

My friend, what do you think Cinco de Mayo commemorates?

The five types of mayo in traditional Mexican cooking?

They are the fattest people on earth

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wut

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Real Mexican food is the best food and I will fight you all

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

twoday posted:

The five types of mayo in traditional Mexican cooking?

They are the fattest people on earth

Arguable; AFAIK America still has them beat.

E: And of course it's not traditional Mexican food, it's American HFCS oozing over the border.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

sweeperbravo posted:

this is my fav of the jokes

Come on corny let's get horny
ah ah ah yeah
come on corny let's get horny
ooo ah ooo, ooo ah ooo

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Grab that buttery corn
sugary crop heist, shuckin' by the harvesting bowl, slow and controlled
What are we to corn openly, cob fuckery suddenly
Not enough yield in this field for the summer feast

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hattie Masters posted:

So, a little while back I made a post about a strange Taco van in my area. I did not post a trip report because I hadn't had it.

Then I had it, ate it, and uploaded the photos.

This was the simple, unassuming package that was delivered to me. I had ordered several others for friends but this one was mine.
I obviously went for the Chicken Nugget one because how the gently caress could I not.

This is what it looked like. Now, I may be just some Englishman, with a large ocean between me and one of the nations supposedly involved in this product, and a small channel between the other, but that looks like precisely zero tacos I have ever seen before. General consensus was that it was a strange burrito. Those with more knowledge may inform me otherwise tho', for all I know this is a standard of French-Mexican cuisine.

Be warned, from hereon are pictures of the inside of the "Taco" and they aren't pretty. Not super gross but still.

Yup. That definitely is a chicken nugget in there. It's been a lil' while since I ate it but I think I can see a Jalapeno in there too. But the weirdest thing?

There were French Fries in it. Just kinda chilling in there. Didn't add a whole lot to the thing.

Overall verdict? Not exactly fine dining but if I was shitfaced and nearby, I would not turn my nose up at this strange effort in street food. It tasted better than I was expecting, but then again that wasn't hard.

Sorry if this wasn't up to the standards of Trip Reports, long time reader and all that.

Anyway, that reminded me of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RSTbT7BByM

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fuckit i'm moving this back over here since i didn't even notice the conversation had jumped ship to the funny pics thread somehow. :v:
Re: fries in burritos

Who What Now posted:

No really. Here's Idubbbz reviewing multiple burritos all of which have fries in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMxEGjLnjUU

A quick search (and that link) says that it's a San Diego thing.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

nickhimself posted:

Grab that buttery corn
sugary crop heist, shuckin' by the harvesting bowl, slow and controlled
What are we to corn openly, cob fuckery suddenly
Not enough yield in this field for the summer feast

I loving hate it when people do this stupid trope but I recognize this as a riff on a song that I like so you get a pass

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

My favorite part of this is that it is about to be eaten on a bed in a dimly lit room.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

My favorite part of this is that it is about to be eaten on a bed in a dimly lit room.

where the gently caress else would you eat? the toilet? eating on the toilet's gross brah

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh fine. Linking because this isn't YOSPOS and it's :nws: -ish I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/CL7PJwC.jpg

I can't find the guy variation on the Googles. It may've been an SA 'shop that didn't leave the premises or something.

Still think it should be "dew."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

a kitten posted:

The West coast of Mars maybe.

This is totally a thing in San Diego

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hotly contested "fattest industrialized nation" title swaps back and forth between :911: and :mexico: on the regular, but Nauru, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, and Tonga laugh at the puny obesity rates of North America.

I have never seen HFCS in anything in Mexico. They do just fine drinking soda and eating pastries made with actual sugar.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Yeah, San Diego goon here. The California burrito is ubiquitous and probably the greatest food on Earth for the 2 am post-booze meal. I'm always weirded out when people think it's crazy. It's just potatoes in a burrito. Extra starch to sop up more hot sauce.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theironjef posted:

Yeah, San Diego goon here. The California burrito is ubiquitous and probably the greatest food on Earth for the 2 am post-booze meal. I'm always weirded out when people think it's crazy. It's just potatoes in a burrito. Extra starch to sop up more hot sauce.

That's what spanish rice is for.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

This is totally a thing in San Diego

I learned a lot about burritos today.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I didn't know this was a California thing, but I always get potatoes added to my 7-layer at taco bell

edit: this very conversation is happening in the funny pics thread right now and I can't figure out where I meant to post this

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Nov 3, 2017

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/4YeSOeZ.gifv

theironjef posted:

Yeah, same. I mean I don't go out of my way to get one, but they're pretty common throughout California.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I am of the understanding that soup is a dynamic field of sandwiches, constantly forming and breaking apart. Is my food classification correct?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Technically speaking everything on Earth is a sandwich, being sandwiched between the air and whatever surface it's sitting on.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Haifisch posted:

Technically speaking everything on Earth is a sandwich, being sandwiched between the air and whatever surface it's sitting on.

Sanity rolls, everyone

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Universe is a sandwich, and we are the mold.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Picnic Princess posted:

The Universe is a sandwich, and we are the mold.

I HAVE SEEN THE LOOSE CORN AT THE HEART OF THE UNIVERSE! IT'S GLISTENING! IT'S SMALL OBJECTS REMINISCENT OF PASTRY! THE KRAFT SINGLES OVERLAYING THE VOID!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Symetrique posted:

fine dining

Maybe invest in a paper towel instead of lighting your hand on fire trying to hold a fresh Hot Pocket, dipwad.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yes. Put this inside me. Tell me there's chicken in there.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Hattie Masters posted:

So, a little while back I made a post about a strange Taco van in my area. I did not post a trip report because I hadn't had it.

Please tell me this is in London. Or close to London.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Yes. Put this inside me. Tell me there's chicken in there.

Could be, or it's ham.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

AlbieQuirky posted:

Different people have different reactions to enzymes in fruit. There are legit people who wince and go "ow!" when eating fresh pineapple. Source: was on tour of pineapple farm with woman who had never had fresh pineapple before, and who had to rinse and spit vigorously after trying a bite. The rest of us looked on in :gonk:.

I get a sore mouth if I eat more than 2 kiwi fruit, but I don't know if that's because I'm being digested or maybe I'm a little allergic to them.

Pastry of the Year posted:

y'all know my MO: just because I post it doesn't mean I wouldn't. All this needs is some sliced pineapple.

I think this would work better if they hasselback'd the SPAM so that the cheese doesn't fall straight out the bottom.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

No, hold up please, my favorite part is that what in there is supposed to be the chicken

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

sweeperbravo posted:

No, hold up please, my favorite part is that what in there is supposed to be the chicken

It's just visible under the cookies, took me a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

sweeperbravo posted:

That stuff under the cookies, I assume.