Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

HardDiskD posted:

Is Idle Master still supposed to work? It can't seem to be able log me in to actually idle for cards.

Sometimes the wires get tangled in regards to authorization and such, usually works after downloading a fresh version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Black Griffon posted:

Oh I know, I've gone through one 360 and one xbone controller, but a while back someone claimed wireless was complete garbage too, and that stuck with me. Might have been back in the 360 era or something? Cause I'm seeing more and more people posting about having wireless controllers nowadays.

Edit: aw gently caress I fixed it welcome 2 me being broke

Wireless for the 360 controller was dogshit that required a fifty dollar special adaptor that didn't work

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

corn in the bible posted:

Wireless for the 360 controller was dogshit that required a fifty dollar special adaptor that didn't work

The 360 wireless adapter works fine for me. Had it for nearly 5 years now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Wasn't there a rash of fake 360 wireless adapters that failed if you looked at them funny

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think I have a bunch of OEM / "fake" ones, all have worked fine.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Black Griffon posted:

Amazingly I only bought STALKER: CoP, FEAR and Hollow Knight this sale. Hollow Knight is really amazing. I was gonna buy Quadrilateral Cowboy since it finally got a good deal, but I forgot.

Not that there's that many games left to buy though. So, thread; what should I play next?

I'm paralyzed by the choices.

Also the only thing stopping me from buying AssCreedOr is the fact that my controller works just well enough to play something relatively simple like Hollow Knight. If someone tells me it plays well with KB+M I will lose my loving mind.

Chroma Squad, Brigador, Cryptark, Styx, and Enter the Gungeon would be my suggestions.

Oh and Headlander if you can deal with not being able to jump.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 3, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rocket Pan posted:

The 360 wireless adapter works fine for me. Had it for nearly 5 years now.

Yeah, same, never had any problems.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

vorebane posted:

Chroma Squad, Brigador, Cryptark, Styx, and Enter the Gungeon would be my suggestions.

Headlander is cool and unless you get caught up in the few sidequests it has, you can buzz through it at a decent clip

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I liked the sidequests. And gobbling up all the upgrades. And it had solid doublefine humour.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Replaying Fallout New Vegas has reminded me that Toaster is really the best NPC ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kp4zBF-Rc

"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"

"I have to go now..."
"Yes! Flee before my terrible power!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Botany machine no!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

It's canon to to the comic books so Bigby and Snow wouldn't become a couple until a couple of decades later.

It seems like it would be a cool comic but apparently the characters tend to go on weird pro-Israel rants. Why you have to be like that Americans

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Political discourse in this country is hosed and we are only capable of expressing our opinions through spicy hot takes in unrelated entertainment media.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Phlegmish posted:

It seems like it would be a cool comic but apparently the characters tend to go on weird pro-Israel rants. Why you have to be like that Americans
By "tend to", you mean "it happened once". But it was quite the impressive mis-analogy regardless.

Is there a good replacement for steam market manager, now that it was taken over by shady people? I really want to be able to sell a bunch of junk at once.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The Xbox One wireless adapter kept dropping connection until I told Windows to not put this particular USB device to sleep if unused. I still have to unplug and replug it after every reboot. The 360 adapter I plugged in once after buying and never had to touch again in years and years.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Hmm. Any of you know if Tokyo Dark has a way to quit besides Alt+F4?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

So, the popularity of PUBG has certainly had an interesting effect on Steam's hardware/software stats:

That, plus a bunch of massively changed other stats since October at http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

vorebane posted:

Thanks, gonna keep these in mind as I dive into AssCreedOr because I've got a loving idiot brain that loves killing and hates money.

Xander77 posted:

Is there a good replacement for steam market manager, now that it was taken over by shady people? I really want to be able to sell a bunch of junk at once.

Wait what? When did this happen?

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

By "tend to", you mean "it happened once". But it was quite the impressive mis-analogy regardless.

https://github.com/Nuklon/Steam-Economy-Enhancer

This is what I use, I don't think it's quite as advanced as Market Manager but it works great. The chrome plugin always broke for me midway through.

E: I was thinking of inventory helper, not market manager but im guessing they are the same type of thing?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Seventh Arrow posted:

Replaying Fallout New Vegas has reminded me that Toaster is really the best NPC ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kp4zBF-Rc

"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"

"I have to go now..."
"Yes! Flee before my terrible power!"

Old World Blues is my favorite. I know a lot of people like Road and Hearts too.

I've never heard anyone say they liked Dead Money the best though (although I appreciate what they went for)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

Wait what? When did this happen?

It was sold to some CSGO gambling site a while back and the latest version (21 Sept?) reads all your http requests and so on - https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/70xofs/warning_trusted_steam_inventory_helper_now/

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Old World Blues is my favorite. I know a lot of people like Road and Hearts too.

I've never heard anyone say they liked Dead Money the best though (although I appreciate what they went for)

Honest Hearts is my favorite, though I really like what Dead Money was going for.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It really seems people are better off switching the game to Easy when they play Dead Money, because I played it on Easy and had a lot of fun.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

This guy with a Boat Flamingo ran his skiff ashore and started yelling at me in old Egyptian. A+ game so far.

Edit: we bffs now

tight aspirations posted:

It was sold to some CSGO gambling site a while back and the latest version (21 Sept?) reads all your http requests and so on - https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/70xofs/warning_trusted_steam_inventory_helper_now/

Well gently caress, goodbye good app.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 3, 2017

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Accordion Man posted:

It really seems people are better off switching the game to Easy when they play Dead Money, because I played it on Easy and had a lot of fun.

The second half of Dead Money was great, but the village was kind of a slog at times. It didn't help that I only found out you could fast travel at the very end.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I liked Dead Money a lot because I couldn't bring my gear into it, I always find the beginning of those games where you barely have any items and every new weapon and ammo cache feels like a big deal the most enjoyable part. Having to temporarily go back to that was really cool, so it's about on par with OWB for me.

On the other hand Honest Hearts was one of the weakest parts of NV for me, reading the Survivalist's logs was probably the most compelling part of that particular DLC. Zion Valley was nice to look at but it really lacked interesting places to explore.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

A lot of people were miffed about starting off with no gear in Dead Money. I didn't mind that, but the whole shock collar/speaker mechanic was so irritating that I couldn't wait to finish it after a point. Especially because some of the speaker placements were so obtuse that you could just hear a dev giggling to himself as he places one under a floorboard or whatever. And the room with the speakers and holograms? Ugh. Honest Hearts was ok, but kind of boring.

edit: also, if you're into tactical stealth, the unfortunately-named "Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun" is excellent and is also on sale

Seventh Arrow fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 3, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kanfy posted:

On the other hand Honest Hearts was one of the weakest parts of NV for me, reading the Survivalist's logs was probably the most compelling part of that particular DLC. Zion Valley was nice to look at but it really lacked interesting places to explore.

Yeah I like Honest Hearts a lot as well even though there's not much to do in the area.

The best part about it is the entire plot line revolves around the player having to make a moral decision about whether to help a local pacifist tribe become un-pacifist and kill off a violent invading tribe, or if they
should encourage them to run away and give up everything they worked for in order to keep themselves pure. The game guilt trips you pretty hard in the end regardless of which path you choose.

But if you really explored the area and collected all the Survivalist's diary pages and read through his story, you get a clear understanding of what the "right" option was all along.

The game never acknowledges this by giving you a checkmark on some quest list or by having some NPC give a long winded speech telling you that you did a good job or anything like that. It's just there written on some lost pages by a long forgotten dead guy. I can't think of too many other games that had something like that.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Team Old War Blues here. Honest Hearts was the weakest one to me.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Another thing I really liked about Dead Money were the companions, Christine, Dog/God and Dean Domino were all interesting and memorable in their own ways. There wasn't really anything like them in the other DLCs, ED-E is great but not much of a conversationalist and HH's companions I had to look up to make sure they even existed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I like all the New Vegas DLC as its superior to most games. But Old World Blues just felt like it could have been its own game and I love it dearly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
By honest hearts I'm pretty sure the courier could kill that entire tribe himself and avoid any moral quandary for the tribes

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I like all the New Vegas DLC as its superior to most games. But Old World Blues just felt like it could have been its own game and I love it dearly.

I have the feeling that the Institute in F04 was an attempt to recreate the Think Tank from OWB but in a more grounded way.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Twenty minutes to the new humble monthly, and I'm eager to find out if it's gonna be more MMO nonsense or not. :D

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

I do! The atmosphere and smaller-scale story are top-notch.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Needs Greasemonkey. Ok, switching to firefox.

The "Greasemonkey installation - install" prompt comes up... I hit it... again and again and again... nothing. What a shame.

Lonesome Hearts is the worst NV DLC, but Honest Hearts is pretty close (aside from the Survivalist's Notes, which are really damned good)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 3, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Seventh Arrow posted:

edit: also, if you're into tactical stealth, the unfortunately-named "Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun" is excellent and is also on sale

Seconding this. If you've missed games like the Commandos series then you should get it, it's as close to a successor as we've ever had. It is also the least anime game set in Japan I have ever played, for what that's worth.

Honest Hearts was the weakest of the bunch, even with the Survivalist's Diary being some of the best writing in the game. I am also one of the people who liked Dead Money a lot for changing the pace of the game. Old World Blues was very cool, but I kind of speed ran through it in my following playthroughs. I was a bit burnt out on the game by the time Lonesome Road came out, but I remember it being cool.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 3, 2017

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

END ME SCOOB posted:

So here's a question for anyone: apparently I had a game in my library called "Hot Guns", probably bundle fodder. I know Steam's been cutting out game-shaped objects from their store lately, but this one got excised so hard that it actually doesn't seem to be in my owned titles anymore, with a side of it now having an impossible card drop on my badge list. I guess I've got two questions here:

a) does anyone know where the gently caress this came from?
b) can anyone figure out why this one got slammed to this degree? I know it existed, I see a SteamDB entry for it (but it says it can no longer show info since all packages were pulled), but the hub was wiped, it's out of my library, all of this madness.

The name of the game changed to Mission: Demolition

https://steamcommunity.com/app/376910/discussions/0/1479857071256218283/

Xander77 posted:

Needs Greasemonkey. Ok, switching to firefox.

The "Greasemonkey installation - install" prompt comes up... I hit it... again and again and again... nothing. What a shame.

I'm using Chrome with Tampermonkey but I do remember it opening a window or something and not noticing it initially when I installed it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

And the Humble Monthly early unlock iiiis...

H1Z1 + 2 in-game Trickster crates with more to come!

... what is that? I don't recognize that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

And the Humble Monthly early unlock iiiis...

H1Z1 + 2 in-game Trickster crates with more to come!

... what is that? I don't recognize that title.

...welp. Last month was bad, but I think they’ve finally found the title to make me unsubscribe.