Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

also a kaiji game would be good only if you had to hold one of the joycons up to your ear to simulate a drill being placed against your eardrum
The slave/citizen/emperor game would be a really good one to play but only if the Switch adds webcam support

The girder race could use the Wii Balance Board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Endorph posted:

then watch euphonium season 1.

also mmo junkie is airing this season so its not done yet but its a cute show about adult characters with fairly relatable issues 'n all.

also a kaiji game would be good only if you had to hold one of the joycons up to your ear to simulate a drill being placed against your eardrum

watch concrete revolutio, its sort of like recreators in that a bunch of tropes come together only instead of being in service to dumb melodrama and a light novel author saving the world, its in service to a metaphor about japan's war history being insanely hosed up and bad

Alright, I'll give that a peek later

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish that Trace Memory had a third game, but also that the second game were to be brought to america even though it's an original Wii game and at this point it's a decade old probably.

Also I wish Trauma Center didn't die. Or Zack & Wiki

I wish I may I wish I might, defuse a bomb with a scalpel tonight

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wario Ware: Mega Death Gambles

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Phantasium posted:

Wario Ware: Mega Death Gambles

Just make 80~100 new Wario Ware minigames and add them to the Gamecube Wario Ware party game with no other changes and that would be an instant Switch hit for me.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Chernabog posted:

I gave the photo editor a go.

gently caress it’s funny again

how is it still funny

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what we need is Warioware DIY 2, with the ability to embed your games into tweets

the Vine replacement america needs

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Quest For Glory II posted:

what we need is Warioware DIY 2, with the ability to embed your games into tweets

the Vine replacement america needs

my insider sources say they saw this post and agree

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Endorph posted:

I 1000% want Kotaro Uchikoshi to do a Kaiji video game. The soundtracks are already similar enough so just go all the way. Things would get so hosed up it'd be great

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
They are making a Kaiji video game for PSVR, I think it's just about walking on the steel beams though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so far, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is incredibly trashy, and also, incredibly good

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Fully 100%'d Odyssey, now my last thing to do is murder Captain Toad

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dizz posted:

Fully 100%'d Odyssey, now my last thing to do is murder Captain Toad

I'm calling the police

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's various factors that contribute to whether cheesecake works well or just comes off as alienating. I think Bayonetta works because it's kind of holistic in its design, everything about the game's aesthetic and narrative and feel ties back to the character's self-assured persona, so having her be very sexually confident ends up as a natural fit with that. Xenoblade 2 is more like, "here's a general fantasy game but also some characters are jerkoff material", which I think comes off much more dissonant and insulting.

Also Bayonetta looks like an adult and the XB2 gal doesn't.

Xenoblade 2 is a JRPG so without looking up details online I am fully confident that the main characters are 14-16 years old at best. They will also have a token 'old guy' in his late 20s, maybe early 30s. :corsair:

Supercar Gautier posted:

What is the correct age and gender for a person to state the opinion "its bad when anime sexualizes kids"

Well according to the font of enlightenment known as Reddit we're all a bunch of awful prudes. :reddit:

THE loving MOON posted:

I haven't watched a good anime in years. I gave reCreators an honest try earlier this year because the concept looked interesting and a friend who saw the first couple episodes said it was promising. Neither of us finished, it degenerated into terrible melodramatic garbage. :saddowns:

Edit: it was also the only thing that looked promising and welp

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans is real good but it's also real dark.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Princeps32 posted:

gently caress it’s funny again

how is it still funny

Holy poo poo, I didn't catch it at first!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
super mario anime titties

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh its loss isnt it. of course it is.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I’ve never seen a loss edit I didn’t like.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Not a fan of Mario in portable mode. I've grown too attached to my spin throw and I don't like doing that to the screen. Otherwise the controls feel great on pro remote and seperated joycons!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m gonna guess there’s a loss edit involving joy cons too. Everything is loss.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m gonna guess there’s a loss edit involving joy cons too. Everything is loss.

loss is everything. loss is transcendent. loss is life

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I can't believe the save function in Odyssey requires you to waggle specifically to the southwest and if you waggle just west or just south it deletes your save. These motion controls are out of control

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Suicide Linux, but with motion controls.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Jade Mage posted:

Not a fan of Mario in portable mode. I've grown too attached to my spin throw and I don't like doing that to the screen. Otherwise the controls feel great on pro remote and seperated joycons!

There's a poo poo ton of buttons available and they force waggle controls on you. They should map some button combos to do the spin throw and up or down throws.

I've been playing most of the game Co op and it works for the most part, but it could have been so much better. There are parts of the game like the tank where it gets very frustrating since the person controlling Cappy suddenly can't do anything at all, the motion controls when using one joycon are awful and you can either move or aim.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DLC Inc posted:

lol this reminds me of people who said they were "too embarrassed to play Dragon's Crown or Bayonetta in front of my wife." Everyone somehow played Nier Automata just fine despite the main characters explicitly being boring lolita Realdolls.

One of the reasons I don't want to play Nier Automata is because Taro Yoko is a pervert that undermines his own characters and story by making them sexy just for the sake of titillation. Its bad.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Has anyone seen a DIY fix for connection issues with the RIGHT JoyCon? I've done the foam fix on my left, but my right has also been very problematic.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

grand theft grotto posted:

They are making a Kaiji video game for PSVR, I think it's just about walking on the steel beams though.

This is a really cool idea, but I can't do VR so I can't play it :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Internet Kraken posted:

One of the reasons I don't want to play Nier Automata is because Taro Yoko is a pervert that undermines his own characters and story by making them sexy just for the sake of titillation. Its bad.

Taro Yoko doesbt take his games seriously and neither should you, but ALSO N:A designs are kinda creepo so yeah.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pollyanna posted:

Taro Yoko doesbt take his games seriously and neither should you, but ALSO N:A designs are kinda creepo so yeah.

If it was just trashy schlock I wouldn't give it another thought but people always try to sell his games as having amazing stories. Its hard for me to get into a game's writing when I'm also being encouraged to ogle the main character's rear end by the dev.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

bringing that over to games chat, JRPGs don't necessarily have the same kind of trend-chasing, but it is rare to see one that doesn't rely on archetypes and Xenoblade 2 looks chock full of them, whereas X1/XCX had interesting settings at least. when the fuckin island talked to the protag in the xeno2 trailer my brain shut off

Are sentient islands really all that stereotypical a setting?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The setting looks like the XC2 looks to be by far the most interesting thing about it. I wouldn't call it stereotypical at all. Its a massive stepup up from XCX, which had an incredibly generic setting of alien planet with standard biomes.

Just a shame about pretty much everything else.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The music is gonna be dynamite

It's hosed up that they didn't ask akira toriyama to design a blade

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Axel Serenity posted:

Cool. On the one hand, this sounds fun, but on the other hand, it sounds like Pokken Tourny is the way to go if I wanna punch mans with my money

Yeah, Pokken is definitely the better fighter. Hopefully we'll be getting Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zelder posted:

The music is gonna be dynamite

It's hosed up that they didn't ask akira toriyama to design a blade

Yeah we really missed out on 'Bulma but in skimpy clothing.'

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zore posted:

Yeah we really missed out on 'Bulma but in skimpy clothing.'

No he does really interesting designs when he knows he never has to draw them again

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No he does really interesting designs when he knows he never has to draw them again

He does good non-human designs but everything vaguely human is Goku or Bulma. And the Blades are just human designs.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I bought a Switch and Mario and Zelda last weekend and I beat Mario. I dunno how many stars I should get before I try Zelda.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm really excited for Blazblue Crosstag coming to the Switch. It'd be cool if they made a crazy anime Mario for it, he can deploy and recall cappy in 8 directions as his drive and has an infinite jump loop in the corner that looks pretty much like jump chains in the rpgs :black101:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stagger_Lee posted:

I bought a Switch and Mario and Zelda last weekend and I beat Mario. I dunno how many stars I should get before I try Zelda.

If you don't want to go for 100% I'd say at least get 500 and complete Darker Side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought it was 600

• Locked thread