Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

I've never felt so robbed in my life

This will be a Moira legendary skin, it's not a discarded concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

the map is such a dumb idea too

mods????????

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

mods????????

it's real bad

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's real bad

But enough about your posting.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's real bad
Nah

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

brainSnakes posted:

Just curious, but how long does it usually take between a new hero being announced and them showing up on the ptr? I need this vampire in my Overwatch life.

I don't think anyone knows. Someone in a video said last year Sombra was on PTR a week after she was announced, but that doesn't necessarily mean Moira will be the same way.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's real bad

Dude. It's amazing and fun. Don't be un-fun man. Blizzard, the company, is canon in OW lore so it's like it's not out of place or anything.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's hard to predict. Ana hit PTR the day she was announced, and was live a week later IIRC. Other characters have reached PTR pretty fast but taken a fair bit longer to go live. So basically, no one knows.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Current PTR has No Limits in the Arcade so it's set up for her.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's hard to predict. Ana hit PTR the day she was announced, and was live a week later IIRC. Other characters have reached PTR pretty fast but taken a fair bit longer to go live. So basically, no one knows.

Sombra was announced at Blizzcon last year and was available in the PTR a few days later from what I remember. Maybe we can expect the same for Moira.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

teagone posted:

Dude. It's amazing and fun. Don't be un-fun man. Blizzard, the company, is canon in OW lore so it's like it's not out of place or anything.

it's ugly and lame. I don't care about d.va being a starcraft player or w/e but this map just looks bad

maybe it's better if you actually care about other blizzard games but I don't

e: to clarify, my problem isn't that it's a blizzard themepark in overwatch; it's that it's just plain ugly

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 4, 2017

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Nice, i'm glad for sooner than the map, whenever it comes. I want more healers to play.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Video with new skins.
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/926584802282635264

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hope some of the good costumes from the Heroes of the Storm version of the characters get added during this. Just glad we getting some new all year skins, as the last non event skin is I think Reinhart skin from Bastion's short last year.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Are those event skins or permanent?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I like the new skin for Roadhog and Zarya (but Zarya's will never beat out the 80s one so who cares). The Widow one makes her look like Mercy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Are those event skins or permanent?

Believe they're permanent. Going to be in regular loot boxes some time in 2018.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Berzerker posted:

I like the new skin for Roadhog and Zarya (but Zarya's will never beat out the 80s one so who cares). The Widow one makes her look like Mercy.

I didn't get 80s Zarya during the event, therefore Barbarian wins by default.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus if these are evergreen skins, they probably going to be only 1000 coins.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I hope so. I didn't spend any coins on Halloween, so I would be able to buy three outright if that were the case. I am not holding my breath though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ToastyPotato posted:

I hope so. I didn't spend any coins on Halloween, so I would be able to buy three outright if that were the case. I am not holding my breath though.

If it any indicator, they probably won't be until about February, as Oasis came out after Year of the Rooster and Christmas event were over.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I can't believe USA isn't getting 3-0'd by South Korea

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
How're they gonna add crossover skins without a Goliath DVa??

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Splinter posted:

Here hoping that part of the batch not shown since the tweet said everyone get a new skin. Imagine that why they didn't just put them up right away and waiting for Blizzard World to release them.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cool I cant wait for more Widowmakers on Attack after that USA vs SK Gibraltar map

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm looking forward to more Bastions

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Oh the joys of having your headset cranked to a billion, only to have a twelve year old start breathily making whining noises at... : looks at paper :

...Zarya? Who has ever gotten caremad about that character?!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Supercar Gautier posted:

After Doomfist Jeff did say something about the next character taking longer than people might expect. I hope Moira shows up pretty quickly but I'm a little worried.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's ugly and lame. I don't care about d.va being a starcraft player or w/e but this map just looks bad

maybe it's better if you actually care about other blizzard games but I don't

e: to clarify, my problem isn't that it's a blizzard themepark in overwatch; it's that it's just plain ugly

I submit that it is you who is ugly and lame. New map rules, new skins rule.

...Jury's still out on new hero.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I submit that it is you who is ugly and lame. New map rules, new skins rule.

...Jury's still out on new hero.
I'm pretty psyched to have another support on the way. Just hoping that she'll be strong enough that using her in competitive play won't result in instant teammate tilt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Straight White Shark posted:

After Doomfist Jeff did say something about the next character taking longer than people might expect. I hope Moira shows up pretty quickly but I'm a little worried.

Doomfist came out, what, August? Moira is probably going to come out the same time as the new skins, so January/February, which would be 5 months between hero releases.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just want to point out that the inevitable Soldier/Reaper duel in the Fall of Overwatch cinematic is going to be insanely sick.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

John Murdoch posted:

I didn't get 80s Zarya during the event, therefore Barbarian wins by default.

I bought 10 loot boxes and earned plenty and still didn't get my Stranger Things Zarya. So I gotta go for the Barbarian next. I have reaper skins coming out of my rear end though, and I never play the knob.

New skins look good over all. And we are probably getting more Christmas skins in between. And a new support looks good too. Its awesome they keep updating this game to give you reasons to keep coming back.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Splinter posted:

The big issue with OW skins is maintaining the hitboxes, and I imagine DVa might be one of the hardest of them all regarding this.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just want to point out that the inevitable Soldier/Reaper duel in the Fall of Overwatch cinematic is going to be insanely sick.

Did they give a release schedule due cinematics?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
New character sounds like a balancing nightmare. Giving them a finite healing amount which is tied to their damage output means there's three or four numbers right there that'll need constant tinkering and tweaking (healing output, damage output, amount of healing that can be stored, and how many heal points they get per point of damage done). On top of that, giving them the ability to damage through barriers means they'll need tweaking whenever a barrier character is added or changed.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

New character sounds like a balancing nightmare. Giving them a finite healing amount which is tied to their damage output means there's three or four numbers right there that'll need constant tinkering and tweaking (healing output, damage output, amount of healing that can be stored, and how many heal points they get per point of damage done). On top of that, giving them the ability to damage through barriers means they'll need tweaking whenever a barrier character is added or changed.

I was going to say it's pretty simple to adjust all the numbers to compensate for any change to one variable but then I remembered how completely they hosed up Roadhog when trying to "keep his DPS roughly the same" so nevermind.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A bunch of concept art from Titan / early Overwatch got released:

https://imgur.com/a/7qY7F

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Mama Hong when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
old and busted: Mama Hong

new hotness: MAMA HOG