Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Thoatse posted:

Found your new pillows Beet but I don't speak X'ian so don't know where to buy them yet

Amazon innit

https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Gia...0_&dpSrc=detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

G0RF posted:

Odd to be negative on the company culture itself yet positive on the CEO, anonymous ex-employee. Who exactly is to blame for that culture you’re rightly down on?

In the words of the boss’s wife as she attempted to redirect praise away from one of her best-loved former employees and towards herself instead, “Well, it filters from the top.”

As for a lack of upward mobility... Look closer, friend:

— The world’s biggest fanboy for a mediocre 90s space pew-pew game went from writing school newsletters to being the “Master of Spaceships” for a $160M budgeted game in just a few years...

— An actress so awkward she still ends up on the cutting room floor of a Malcolmn McDowell film went from low-rent Australian travelogue hosting gigs years back to making huge bucks shooting scenes with bonafide Hollywood talents like Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson in the blink of an eye...

— A self-professed Lego game reskinner now leads the development efforts of a 400+ person studio creating “the world’s first quadruple A game”...

There’s all kinds of upward mobility at Cloud Imperium Games, provided you’ve got the right kind of talent; namely, being a worshipper or family member of Chris Roberts. Maybe you just didn’t have what he was looking for?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

AutismVaccine posted:

Do we have to be concerned?

Maybe. Should I?
I feel abstracted.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

shrach posted:

Today's accounting error/mistake.
Thank you daylight savings snake woman. Financial accounting is a foreign world for me and I enjoy reading these explanations where CIG screws up on that front.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

Found your new pillows Beet but I don't speak X'ian so don't know where to buy them yet

Just want to let you know i ate those things in China and they were delicious. The real sea louse, not the pillow.

I am tempted by the pillow though.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:v:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/OJTCxcI.gifv

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
So much cynical attitude towards SC 3.0. You can't get 9 women to make a baby in one month.

Well, you could, if they all lived in different time zones, like, say, California, Texas, UK and Germany. Then one woman could gestate the baby for a while, then pass over the foetus to the next woman, who is just waking up. And so on. That way, the baby gets worked on 24/7.

Babies have never been done like this before - it's quite groundbreaking.

And remember, a late baby is eventually good, but ... ... ... no, sorry, this is where I draw the line.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

I'd say I go through a "I'm gonna buy a giant isopod pillow" a couple times a year on average. I should just buy one and get it over with haha.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AutismVaccine posted:

Next thing:

What do i miss here? Is there a basis for this theorycrafting? Is this ship a jpeg/rendered/in hangar/flyable?

'Prison Pod'.
More like my Mobile Space Sex Dungeon.
Amirite?

And where is the toilet! loving not buying if I can't poop and the smell wafts to the prisoners.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Thoatse, do you have this one, yet? From the WarHam thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3694065&perpage=40&pagenumber=590#post478051023

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

HE JUXTAPOSE

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

happyhippy posted:

'Prison Pod'.
Amirite?

And where is the toilet! loving not buying if I can't poop and the smell wafts to the prisoners.

JUXTAPOSE that poo poo commando

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

No, but I'll trade you this baby hippo hairless guinea pig for it :v:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

happyhippy posted:

'Prison Pod'.
Amirite?

the prisoner pods are the toilet ya dingus.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

happyhippy posted:

'Prison Pod'.
Amirite?

I mean come on if you can only afford the starter package you can’t have your own space ship until you spend 200 hours grinding out your indentured servitude contract first

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like the idea they're thinking they're sticking it to the warlord with their little sub.

And not that Derek hasn't spent most of his adult life fighting on the internet and trolling for replies from the mentally unwell. They built a loving shrine to him.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

I like the idea they're thinking they're sticking it to the warlord with their little sub.

And not that Derek hasn't spent most of his adult life fighting on the internet and trolling for replies from the mentally unwell. They built a loving shrine to him.
Their explanation as to why it needs to exist is always funny.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

I think not telling her she'd been cut from the movie she attended the premiere of was a pretty good burn.

I wonder how many of tge employees make fun of that.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
We need a BettysBigTits but instead of a milf wanting ships it's someone from the CIA in desperate need of that time Derek made fun of Sandi three years ago on Twitter.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

TeddyBigsPrivateDick

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

If I were Derek it would just fill my ego ball knowing that I take up so much real estate in their heads. That’s what makes trolling so satisfying.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So let me start off by saying there is no bigger fan of SC than me. I am literally all in financially, emotionally and spiritually. This game is going to be the best game ever and quite honestly the one true game. That being said I have a slight concern and wonder if I am just being silly. The previous burn downs showed far less bugs/tasks than what we have now. If you sum the current list we are at 291 tasks/bugs. This is drastically higher than before. Like I said I'm not bitching, whining or anything of that nature and I believe in star citizen to the point that I think I might be a zealot.
What do you guys think about the task/bug numbers growing so drastically?

I personally love how the only way backers can ask development questions is with a paragraph of justification that they are, for real, insane for Star Citizen and love it and are the biggest defender

Somebody should help them out with a boilerplate question system, like a canned reply. Only it’s a canned question.

“I have devoted my life to SC, and polish my shrine to CR nightly, and believe more than any belief ever that Star Citizen really is the game that will end all games. I know I will play it until I die, because already i have bought all the ships and all the packages. I have sent CIG food and drinks and love the developers. I pray to CR for their health nightly. I just wonder one tiny thing though, what do you think about <insert your actual question here>? But even if nobody responds it’s ok because I love SC and believe in it no matter what.”

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

Only one way to find out.

Burn her!

I meant metaphorically, put the lighter down ffs

You could start it off with one of those comedy central roasts, I guess?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

thatguy posted:

Their explanation as to why it needs to exist is always funny.
The bit where they built a dumpster fire shrine to archive evidence, then can't produce poo poo from their archive, has such a wonderful parallel to the game that inspired the whole shitpile.

It's like a little star citizen ARG!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Reddit: Derek is saying libelous stuff about our video game! Let's archive it.

Derek: *writes a hundred different 100,000 word blogs saying the worst stuff he can legally say*

Reddit: Uh... let's talk about his balls.

Derek: *rubs*

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MilesK posted:

Reddit: Derek is saying libelous stuff about our video game! Let's archive it.

Derek: *writes a hundred different 100,000 word blogs saying the worst stuff he can legally say*

Reddit: Uh... let's talk about his balls.

Derek: *rubs*

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/htkeaJv.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/926925033322065920

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:allears:

And the Star Citizen twitter retweeted it

Is this a cry for help?!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/926928700876247041

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:fap:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Wise Learned Man posted:

scheißekommentarüberschwemmung

Star Citizen: Scheißekommentarüberschwemmung.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/fnSvYgT.gifv

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:lol:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:laffo: