Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bisping was always good and still is hth

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Perfect snipe, I'm not editing it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GSP ducking Woodley was a good choice I guess.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Unfunny Poster posted:

GSP ducking Woodley was a good choice I guess.

Yeah

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
GSP looked loving juicy last night

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Is gsp really gonna fight whittaker... yikes...

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Looks like the best move is GSP vs Conor in a Hell in a Cell for the 185 strap brother.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

Sounded almost like he wanted to go back to Welter but who knows.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Cool to see the 125 champ and the new 115 champ posing side to side

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FishBowlRobot posted:

Looks like the best move is GSP vs Conor in a Hell in a Cell for the 185 strap brother.

GSP ducked Woodley, costing him a pay day, so better make it a triple threat gang bang.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
GSP is either going to piss hot, fight some other irrelevant cherry picked fighter, or retire for another 2 years when UFC wont give him 69 million dollars and co promotion. Theres no way he defends the belt or fights anyone in the top 5 at any weight.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Skip My Posts posted:

He landed about 5 head kicks against Cruz

yeah but they seemed like they barely any damage at all, that's what i mean. then he just knocks garbrandt on his rear end with one.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

GSP ducked Woodley, costing him a pay day, so better make it a triple threat gang bang.

Oh no I can't believe we'll never see Woodley fight GSP lol

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
That's actually good, I hope Woodley never wins the money fight lottery

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

All the woke YOSPOS boys coming out of the woods, explaining that Rose is cute even though she's bald though.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

tj's cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yeah, i think he's gonna beat mighty mouse

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was up with that guy shouting at cody from ther corner after the fight? They didnt say who it was on the broadcast.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
I think TJ said in the presser that was his brother and he's been all steamed up over the poo poo talking by Cody and the rest of Alpha Male.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhOr7TUDd4&t=290s

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I wish I hadn't been moving and having my truck break down this weekend because those results are interesting.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A Middleweight who was never good is actually Chris Weidman

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dana's job is so easy when everything goes perfectly

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP Conor McGregor is either going to piss hot, fight some other irrelevant cherry picked fighter, or retire for another 2 years when UFC wont give him 69 million dollars and co promotion. Theres no way he defends the belt or fights anyone in the top 5 at any weight.

You made a mistake there but I got your back.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A Middleweight who was never good is actually Chris Weidman

Or Luke Rockhold, who couldn't even defend his belt successful once. Let alone two times like GOAT DJ Mikey B.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bundt Cake posted:

That's what Dana said was going to happen, but you know how to handle "Dana said..." quotes, GSP's own post fight quote was that he was comfortable at the weight but dodged the question of where he would fight next.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Was JJ outmatched?

Was GSP as in danger as his bloody face makes it look?

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

...and the pitch! posted:

Was JJ outmatched?

I wouldn't say JJ looked outmatched but the whole fight was like 2 minutes. GSP said Bisping had him hurt multiple times in his post-fight interview and didn't initially remember how it ended.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Was JJ outmatched?

Rose dispatched JJ too quickly to get a hold on their skill levels.

GSP was in danger, just not immediate danger. He was bloodied, had been hit which he clearly didn't like, and was visibly gassing. It looked like Bisping was running away with it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Was JJ outmatched?

i think he was in danger, but not because of the blood. that was bisping loving him up from guard, which was pretty impressive tbh. i think he was in danger because bisping clocked him pretty hard a couple of times, and he was running out of gas.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Or Luke Rockhold, who couldn't even defend his belt successful once. Let alone two times like GOAT DJ Mikey B.

At least rockhold tried. Connor on the other hand..

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I think we can all agree that Tyron Woodley should get to fight nobody ever

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
GSP is going to fight Connor next at 170lbs for the welterweight title.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

he was getting clearly exhausted from missing overhand rights and failing to keep bisping down, and it looked like he'd either lose a lopsided decision or take an accumulation tko. then he landed a gorgeous punch and showed a killer instinct we've never really seen from him before. it was pretty great.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was the first GSP finish in like a decade (exclude BJ quitting between rounds).

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

idk if a DQ (failed drug test) is typically considered a "finish", though I guess in some respects it sort of is.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I wonder if GSP gassing was from him being off for so long or just him being old/up a division. I know there's no real answer to that question, I'm just curious if this is how he's gonna be from now on or if it was some ring rust. Cause if he doesn't have the cardio he used to he could get in a looooot of trouble. Pulled it out last night and it owned but it was looking bad for a but.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought GSP was breathing heavy but was keeping a steady pace and didn't ever look slower than Bisping despite how tired he looked. He was still landing his jabs, low kicks and overhands pretty regularly.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Right but bisping has always been a lumbering oaf & gsp used to be the fastest guy around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah even a fat, tired GSP with 4 years of ring rust was faster than the middleweight champion. He can do the flip Keven, why don't you believe?

Edit: Bobby Knuckles will make him look as old and slow.

• Locked thread