Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

learning about frikandels, they're just fried meat tubes!

why is the middle one moist

The moist appearance is less troubling than the dry-as-sun-baked-dog-poo poo one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I would much rather have the moist meat tube inside me.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
uniquely moist meat tube

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Smoke posted:

Aldi in The Netherlands has some new AFP on offer.

At least it's just bread dough they're using and not pastry dough. For reference, a frikandel is kind of comparable to a hot dog(also made of meat of dubious origin) and the sauce they're using is curry ketchup, basically a spicy version of ketchup.

I'd shove that into my facehole at high velocity.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a single slippery sausage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Voor 8 personnen

we'll see about that

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Smoke posted:

Aldi in The Netherlands has some new AFP on offer.

At least it's just bread dough they're using and not pastry dough. For reference, a frikandel is kind of comparable to a hot dog(also made of meat of dubious origin) and the sauce they're using is curry ketchup, basically a spicy version of ketchup.
You talk about it having curry ketchup as if that's a bad thing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That looks completely delicious. I mean, it might not actually be good, but the idea sounds yum.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That lovely browned lattice makes me hungry...

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
A currywurst pie actually sounds like the best thing.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

With puff pastry, curry puff style?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm partial to TIP: WARM NOG EVEN OP IN DE OVEN

I'm emptyquoting this so I have quick access to it because a fellow needs to giggle

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Missing Name posted:

With puff pastry, curry puff style?

It suddenly occurs to me that toad in the hole with curry sauce would be impossibly good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JEEVES420 posted:

I am glad you said Ted-Mex and not referring to Tex-Mex because that is nothing like Tex-Mex at all. It does look like some poo poo from Taco Bell though.

Well it kind of is except they do it in a quesadilla and it's more chicken strips

https://www.tacobell.com/food/combos/crispy-chicken-quesadilla-box

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/lucethoughts/status/927360798178947072

This seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
"The world's most instagrammable coffee."

:fuckoff:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Did they not learn from the McDowell’s hot coffee in the lap in the car lawsuit?

That being said, I would bite the bottom off and now I want to invent a proper device for shotgunning hot caffeinated beverage into my gullet faster.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Just put your mouth on the coffee maker's spout/drip and drink it as it brews.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Just put your mouth on the coffee maker's spout/drip and drink it as it brews.

Takes too long. I just carry a rubber hose with me (already with one end in my rear end) and a funnel on the other when I go out for coffee. I throw the baristas a little extra, and slam that funnel right under the spout. BAM! I am tripping on sweet, sweet caffeine.

Now, if I could only instagram that...

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Ultimate Mango posted:

Did they not learn from the McDowell’s hot coffee in the lap in the car lawsuit?

McDonald's, and she was justified in suing. The coffee was 180F and caused 3rd degree burns over 6% of her body.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Didn't she have to get a skin graft on her labia or something?

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Synthbuttrange posted:

learning about frikandels, they're just fried meat tubes!

why is the middle one moist

Oh jeez, time for THE TALK already?

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Didn't she have to get a skin graft on her labia or something?

No, you're thinking of Pat Nixon.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Always moisten the meat tube before insertion.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

PurdWerfect posted:

No, you're thinking of Pat Nixon.

That's what happens when you spend all your time with Dick.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

McDonald's, and she was justified in suing. The coffee was 180F and caused 3rd degree burns over 6% of her body.

180°F is like 85°C right? How do you make coffee without boiling water?

Like I don't give a poo poo that McDs had to fork out a bunch of cash but it sets a lovely precedent

e: before any coffee hipsters arrive, yes I know that cold drip and aeropress are things

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

bike tory posted:

180°F is like 85°C right? How do you make coffee without boiling water?

Like I don't give a poo poo that McDs had to fork out a bunch of cash but it sets a lovely precedent

e: before any coffee hipsters arrive, yes I know that cold drip and aeropress are things

You make it with 200 F water. You don't serve or drink it at that temperature.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

So if you order an espresso or a long black to go it's gonna be pretty drat close to 200F. Again, it's no big deal for McDs but for an owner operated cafe?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

So if you order an espresso or a long black to go it's gonna be pretty drat close to 200F. Again, it's no big deal for McDs but for an owner operated cafe?

Most places have cardboard sleeves for the hands and stoppers you can put in the lid hole

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Read up on the case, it was actually pretty legit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

Most McD's would hold their coffee at like 160°F, but this particular one was right off an offramp from a freeway that people used for a long slow commute, so the regular customers all wanted their coffee from the drive-thru to be super hot so it would last them all the way to work. So they held it at scalding temps contrary to company practice. Then when this one old lady came in she got her coffee and parked in a parking spot to take the lid off and doctor it up, but fumbled the lid with the cup between her legs and it burned the hell out of her lap and she had to get a whole bunch of plastic surgery.

In other words there might still be an argument that McD's wasn't at fault for anything, but this wasn't a case of some scam artist with dollar signs in her eyes going "Nya ah ahh, I bet I can sue them for serving their hot coffee hot! Bonus points, I'll ruin the foodservice industry forever by making everyone from Sonic to movie theater popcorn counters have to put huge CONTENTS AND FILLINGS ARE EXTREMELY HOT warnings all over their packages!" I mean it's easy to assume it was, it's what I assumed forever like a knee-jerk rear end in a top hat, but there's often an actual story in there somewhere :shrug:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Data Graham posted:

Read up on the case, it was actually pretty legit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

Most McD's would hold their coffee at like 160°F, but this particular one was right off an offramp from a freeway that people used for a long slow commute, so the regular customers all wanted their coffee from the drive-thru to be super hot so it would last them all the way to work. So they held it at scalding temps contrary to company practice. Then when this one old lady came in she got her coffee and parked in a parking spot to take the lid off and doctor it up, but fumbled the lid with the cup between her legs and it burned the hell out of her lap and she had to get a whole bunch of plastic surgery.

In other words there might still be an argument that McD's wasn't at fault for anything, but this wasn't a case of some scam artist with dollar signs in her eyes going "Nya ah ahh, I bet I can sue them for serving their hot coffee hot! Bonus points, I'll ruin the foodservice industry forever by making everyone from Sonic to movie theater popcorn counters have to put huge CONTENTS AND FILLINGS ARE EXTREMELY HOT warnings all over their packages!" I mean it's easy to assume it was, it's what I assumed forever like a knee-jerk rear end in a top hat, but there's often an actual story in there somewhere :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWh6Kw3ejQ

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's a really sad accident sure but again it's a lovely precedent.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why did she bother with plastic surgery when she could have just gotten some balm from the maestro?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

bike tory posted:

There's a whole documentary about it you should dig up. The case was legitimate but taken up by right wingers and corporations and such and converted into this standard ur-frivolous-lawsuit used to club through all sorts of "reforms" that have hurt hundreds of thousands of people to benefit corporations in lawsuits.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T618QdlYevs

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

open breads

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's not a big sandwich!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzflQ00fZFg

That's a big sandwich.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's not a big sandwich!

ok how about this sandwich cake topped with tiny pastries

bonus sandwiches

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bike tory posted:

The precedent is either not what you think or yo're the sort of manager, accountant, or counsel that the precedent is supposed to cause to lose sleep over. While de facto it means if you get coffee from a drive through its going to be cool enough as to not be life threatening if you spill it, the precedent is a fairly standard industry best practices sort of thing. That is, nearly all drive throughs served their coffee at a markedly lower temperature, and the difference between burns from hot coffee compared to only a bit hot coffee is so huge it can be assumed the best practice was made with this in mind, so serving coffee hotter than that to try and attract commuter customers represented trying to get ahead at the expense of industry standard customer safety.

Best practice precedents are like the only thing left to keep companies honest about safety with the continually lessening role government organizations like the FDA and OSHA can get involved due to their budget or fining policies not keeping track with inflation. Tort reform is one of the last things needed to get back to some really wild free market poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/lucethoughts/status/927360798178947072

This seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons.

The example looks photoshopped, unless my eyes are deceiving me. How is the top of the latte angled with the top "swoop" of the waffle cone?