Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Uprising was a great game that came out for the wrong system, it was definitely not portable gaming friendly. Simply uprezzing the game and bringing it to Switch would be great and it would benefit so much from the additional buttons, stick, and possibly motion aiming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Didn't FIFA sell pretty much as many copies as EA put out? Which wasn't many so it's why the switch sales compared to other platforms are so low?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All the numbers on it are specifically UK, where Nintendo has never been popular, so who knows.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So... EA isn't bringing their NHL series to the Switch.... what the hell? I know they never said it was a hard no or anything, but it's currently 'not on their radar'. I'm not a huge sports guy, but I always enjoy a game now and then, and was looking forward to some hockey, but I guess it's not happening.

EDIT: For content, rather than just bitching, I have a few questions about the system. Like I said earlier, I'm planning on getting one sometime in the next year. I have a wife and two kids (too young to play right now, but the older one is almost ready). What kind of multiplayer setup is there? I mean, obviously, you dock the system, and you get split screen functionality on the tv for games that support it, right? Any sort of multiplayer for when it's 'on-the-go'? If someone else comes over with their Switch, what kinds of games can we play with our super-mobile systems? Also, I'm mostly used to how the 360 works with regards to people having different profiles... how does it work on the Switch? If there has to be one Nintendo account tied to the system, I'll just use mine for all purchases and whatnot, but can my wife also set up a profile for her game progress and all that?

When it comes to the time where all 4 of us are playing something like Minecraft, can my kids have persistent profiles? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this system (like many videogame-related things) was something that I completely and totally ignored until the possibility of owning one came up, and now I'm trying to learn all about it. My wife and I have been playing Minecraft on and off for the last few years, but now it's a pain in the rear end to have both of our PCs hooked up, at least with our limited space right now, so we're looking not just to be able to play together again, but something for when my kids are old enough to enjoy it, too. Ideally, we'd all have our own laptop or pc or whatever, but they're not going to be old enough for that for a very long time, plus that's crazy expensive. So, a family-friendly console it is.

EDIT: vvv they're also the only ones really making any sort of realistic sports games lately, so I don't know of any other options vvv

I think the earlier post about one profile running for multiplayer sessions is generally right, but for minecraft your individual inventory is linked to a profile. So your kids can have their own profile with their own equipment and inventory, and they can then join your sessions where you have your own equipment. The game works split-screen which can be a bit cramped but it works.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Andrast posted:

Try playing it left-handed

My brother is left handed and just learned to play video games/do computer poo poo with his right hand. Of course I wouldn't advocate for everyone to do this, but just a funny anecdote.

If that was a specific issue for you, then circle pad pro should've fixed the issue. A report out there even said the ccp worked decently as it's own stand too. CCP was good for other 3ds games for some left handed players too; it shows more of a fault of the 3DS design than any of the specific games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ventana posted:

My brother is left handed and just learned to play video games/do computer poo poo with his right hand. Of course I wouldn't advocate for everyone to do this, but just a funny anecdote.

If that was a specific issue for you, then circle pad pro should've fixed the issue. A report out there even said the ccp worked decently as it's own stand too. CCP was good for other 3ds games for some left handed players too; it shows more of a fault of the 3DS design than any of the specific games.

I mean, that's what I do normally. Aside from using a mouse, I can't do precision poo poo like writing or playing Kid Icarus with my right hand though.

No other video game I have ever played required me to be right handed to enjoy it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What the heck is a blade

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Speaking of blades and hockey games, just release Blades of Steel for like $5. I'll buy it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am glad Xenoblade is doing what I feel like JRPGs should have always been doing -- focusing on making weird, cool and gigantic environments to explore. JRPGs have the best "fantastical" set pieces and being able to freely run and jump around them is/was the most engaging part of XC.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Internet Kraken posted:

Sorry, sequel. Which seems kind of hosed up to me. Usually devs don't announce they are gonna be making a sequel before their game even comes out.

Yeah but Ike is the buff one

We already have a mercenary fighting style in Chrom's so Ike is sitting this one out.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

which they copied for Lucina, weirdly enough. Between FEW and Smash, Lucina will never have a unique moveset

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Zelder posted:

which they copied for Lucina, weirdly enough. Between FEW and Smash, Lucina will never have a unique moveset

To be fair, in Awakening it's also pointed out that she fights alarmingly like Chrom. Even in her origin game she's got a clone moveset

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

My one wish for XC2 is that it retains the weird bunny jumping animation for the MC.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like how XCX just went "oh gravity is kinda low you can just jump really loving high NBD".

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I like how XCX just went "oh gravity is kinda low you can just jump really loving high NBD".

It did? Don't remember that, it did mention you could jump high due to your body being artificial.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Kind of wanting a second dock now. Should I just bite the bullet and get the Nintendo official one? I've seen ones on Amazon used for $75 w/ tax and shipping, or just spend $20 more and get it new.

I have read bad things about the 3rd party docks with the latest software updates, with the dock not working and having to disconnect and plug in the HDMI cable. I'd rather not have to deal with someone else messing with that and prefer it just work. But man... $90 is a bit much

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Kind of wanting a second dock now. Should I just bite the bullet and get the Nintendo official one? I've seen ones on Amazon used for $75 w/ tax and shipping, or just spend $20 more and get it new.

I have read bad things about the 3rd party docks with the latest software updates, with the dock not working and having to disconnect and plug in the HDMI cable. I'd rather not have to deal with someone else messing with that and prefer it just work. But man... $90 is a bit much

Part of me thinks that the prices for the dock and the controllers were set assuming the Switch wasn't going to do nearly as well as it did. Hd rumble or no HD rumble the cost of official peripherals for the Switch is still pretty unreasonable, It's my only complaint with the system. Thank god for that boner with the gamecube adapter

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

I’d go with the official dock for that reason if you really need a second one. Its expensive but like you said, Nintendo could cut off support for the others with updates.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

THE loving MOON posted:

Thank god for that boner with the gamecube adapter

I knew people loved the GameCube controller but I never knew how much!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

I knew people loved the GameCube controller but I never knew how much!

I actually don't have any special love for the gamecube controller, although I don't dislike it either. Either way I've still got loads of them, I have friends with loads of them, and unless you're playing a twinstick shooter they're still perfectly fine as a multiplayer controller for pretty much anything. I'm just worried they'll remove it :ohdear:

edit: oh wow :doh:

edit2: The Switch is a plot by Nintendo to deplete the supply of gamecube controllers in the wild and make the smash community their thrall :tinfoil: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 6, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Gamecube controller rules, but in my opinion, only for games specifically made for it. Using it on the Wii for VC made me realize it was far from a universal controller. Super Metroid was especually bad with it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm just saying it works beautifully for 2P online MarioKart, and I was able to get through a mission on FE Warriors with it as well. I wouldn't use it for Zelda, Mario, or Splatoon though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Louisgod posted:

It did? Don't remember that, it did mention you could jump high due to your body being artificial.

I have to say that the your body is artifical reveal made so many things just feel comically dumb. Like someone 'dies' and people freak out and mourn as if the person was actually killed and gone forever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Part of me thinks that the prices for the dock and the controllers were set assuming the Switch wasn't going to do nearly as well as it did. Hd rumble or no HD rumble the cost of official peripherals for the Switch is still pretty unreasonable, It's my only complaint with the system. Thank god for that boner with the gamecube adapter

They were set where they are because people will pay it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have to say that the your body is artifical reveal made so many things just feel comically dumb. Like someone 'dies' and people freak out and mourn as if the person was actually killed and gone forever.

oh the whole main story of XBX was so loving dumb, it's clear they shelved actual storytelling and instead tried to shoehorn multiplayer aspects in its place and it failed miserably. Even the main dude said in their next game (XC2) they'd put more emphasis on the story.

It's a shame really because XBX had the foundation for a really interesting story but managed to gently caress it up in classic Xenosaga fashion.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

minya posted:

Thanks all, good recs — one thing I forgot to ask, does the Switch have a built in stand for portable play? When I borrowed my friend's I played it in bed, holding the system with the joycons attached, but that fired my hands out after awhile. Wondering if there's a better setup for portable use.

This is the pro bedplay option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07218SK42

It keeps you from having to support yourself on your neck and arms and is hella relaxing. Highly recommended.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I swear the only reasoning I’ll except for Luigi not being in Odyssey is that he got sucked away to get some ghosts in Luigi’s Mansion

luigi hasn't been in any of the 3 proper 3d mario games so it's keeping to tradition. he'll be in smb6 whenever they make that.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 6, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Give me Luigi’s Mansion 3 except it’s a horror game where you play as a boo and Luigi is the big bad monster

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Vikar Jerome posted:

luigi hasn't been in any of the 3 proper 3d mario games so it's keeping to tradition.

Mario 64 DS

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

eh. re-de-makes dont count.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
xenoblade chronicles 2 gonna have the good music in it!

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is the pro bedplay option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07218SK42

It keeps you from having to support yourself on your neck and arms and is hella relaxing. Highly recommended.

Woof this looks sick as hell thank you

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Andrast posted:

Give me Luigi’s Mansion 3 except it’s a horror game where you play as a boo and Luigi is the big bad monster

Its impossible to be scared of Luigi.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d go with the official dock for that reason if you really need a second one. Its expensive but like you said, Nintendo could cut off support for the others with updates.

I read on Reddit that someone had the Nyko dock fry the charging port on their Switch. Yikes...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love how everyone is like "Dock should be $30 Nintendo is gouging", company releases $30 dock, it's poo poo, can fry your system.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My switch saved a video capture at 33 seconds instead of the normal 30 and because of that, the trim function errors out when I try to use it and when I try uploading the whole block, it just corrupts. I can watch the thing fine in my album but any attempt to do anything with it causes things to break down.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I love how everyone is like "Dock should be $30 Nintendo is gouging", company releases $30 dock, it's poo poo, can fry your system.

The dock is made of incredibly cheap electronic components and plastic, it costs them like $5 or less to manufacture. Don't even try to defend the pricing of it JFC.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
There are plenty of 30 dollar HDMI docking station that work fine, I somehow doubt the extra 60 dollars is really adding that critical "won't fry your poo poo" feature

It's okay if you like how it feels to be Nintendo tax'd though, no judgements on my end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

I read on Reddit that someone had the Nyko dock fry the charging port on their Switch. Yikes...

Every product ever has reddit posts claiming it killed a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi! I don't know much about the nintendo store and their customer service. I bought the Wii U Zelda DLC and have never played Zelda since I bought the DLC, like a couple of months ago.

I just bought a switch, and Zelda. I want the DLC. Is there any way I can get a refund or a 'transfer' or whatever? Will they just tell me to gently caress off?

• Locked thread