Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

My Chemical Romance Conundrum.

me irl

Goddamn that's so perfect, though.

e: highly recommend anyone who plays that video, play that video at 0.25 speed tbh

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What do you do when you've tried to get into Bob's Burgers multiple times but never once found it funny in the slightest but you're on all the dating apps and most girls list that as their favorite show and you feel like a weird outsider who's missing something?

You go to a doctor to get your humor gland checked out, cause it's tragically broken. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

What do you do when you've tried to get into Bob's Burgers multiple times but never once found it funny in the slightest but you're on all the dating apps and most girls list that as their favorite show and you feel like a weird outsider who's missing something?
I forced myself through five seasons before I finally had to just admit that it was not ever going to land for me. I can see the appeal and Kristen Schaal and H. Jon Benjamin are treasures, but I just disliked the characters themselves and whatever stories/mishaps they found themselves in.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I also don't think Bob's Burgers is funny despite very much wanting to like the show, and remain mystified that so many people seem to adore it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Don't watch it?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't like The Office, so I don't watch The Office. I sure as hell didn't cram five seasons of it down my gullet just to make sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched like 3 seasons of Last Man on Earth before I concluded I hated it. But that was a weird one because I'd dramatically change my opinion episode to episode and sometimes within episodes. Even still there's a small part of me that had to be talked out of setting my DVR to record it this season.

I watched the first season of Girls twice (on different occasions) despite hating it. But that was mainly because all the praise it got and I just sort of wanted to make sure I wasn't just missing something or being sexist or something.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 7, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Season 2 of Girls may be one of my most hated things on TV. Season 4 is one of my favorites. :iiam:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

STAC Goat posted:

I watched like 3 seasons of Last Man on Earth before I concluded I hated it. But that was a weird one because I'd dramatically change my opinion episode to episode and sometimes within episodes. Even still there's a small part of me that had to be talked out of setting my DVR to record it this season.

Same here. I also tell myself I will finish it out sooner or later since it is on Hulu, but I really have no desire to.

I am sucker for finishing shows even when they go really bad. I never thought Sons of Anarchy was that good ever (it did have a few high points, but even early on it wasn't that good), and still I stuck with the White Shoes Biker until the end. I think I did it so I could laugh the people I know that cried about the series finale (I know several and some of them are so-called tough guys). I think the only show I ever quit was Weeds. I think I made it to the start of season 6 or 7, but it was pure torture. The Walking Dead may join that list too, but I haven't made up my mind yet. It is a bad show, but I can't quit it. I am ashamed I even watch it (to be honest I haven't watched this season outside of the premier) .

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 7, 2017

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Last Man on Earth suffered from none of the characters really being very likable in any way. I didn't dislike it, but it kind of fell by the wayside and I have no interest in picking it back up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IRQ posted:

Last Man on Earth suffered from none of the characters really being very likable in any way. I didn't dislike it, but it kind of fell by the wayside and I have no interest in picking it back up.

there was a seemingly unending part in a recent episode where forte is playing a guitar and singing a clearly ad-libbed song and you just feel so embarrassed for the guy. As embarrassed as you can feel for a guy with a prime time comedy series in its 4th season, but still. it lasts long enough to have a full-on conversation with yourself about who this song is for? who finds this humour funny? who finds forte's schtick amusing? not within the world the characters exist in, but in our world, where this poo poo was written by a human, then acted out by another human, in front of a group of assuredly stone faced crew. why do they allow it to be this pathetically unfunny?

I'm watching for the 1 or two bottle episodes per season that focus on a random non-group member

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

I don't like The Office, so I don't watch The Office. I sure as hell didn't cram five seasons of it down my gullet just to make sure.

I'm not a fan either, UK or US versions. Cringe comedy isn't my thing, Last Man on Earth got the arse early on. I will say though, The Office has some of the funniest motherfuckers in the world in it, apparently. Maybe it's the environment thing, i despise office work.

Never seen a full season of South Park, don't intend too. But... Bob's Burgers is drat genius.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 7, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

IRQ posted:

Last Man on Earth suffered from none of the characters really being very likable in any way.

I liked it at first but by the end of season one I hated it. I couldn't put my finger on why until you said that. You're completely right.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skip the first season, first few eps of s2 are real good and representative of the show’s overall style

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bob's Burgers peaked in season 4 (aside from the holiday episodes which are always stellar)

I mean I still watch it but I don't go out of my way to do so and have probably missed a dozen or so episodes from the past couple seasons because I just don't care that much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I missed it when it aired on AMC but Amazon has the miniseries "The Night Manager". It's based on Le Carre's first post-Cold War novel. It stars Tom Hiddleston in the male lead and Hugh Laurie as the bad guy and Elizabeth Debicki and Olivia Coleman in as the female leads. It's slow, but gorgeous and the acting is great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think some people don't like The Office because it hits close to home. Plenty of people have had a boss lkke that. People also laugh at Sheldon on BBT, but if you actually knew someone like that the antics and habits aren't funny, they are infuriating.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

I missed it when it aired on AMC but Amazon has the miniseries "The Night Manager". It's based on Le Carre's first post-Cold War novel. It stars Tom Hiddleston in the male lead and Hugh Laurie as the bad guy and Elizabeth Debicki and Olivia Coleman in as the female leads. It's slow, but gorgeous and the acting is great.

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it but felt absolutely no desire to watch more of the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

swickles posted:

I think some people don't like The Office because it hits close to home. Plenty of people have had a boss lkke that. People also laugh at Sheldon on BBT, but if you actually knew someone like that the antics and habits aren't funny, they are infuriating.

I just recently picked up the office and I liked what I saw entirely because my boss is a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swickles posted:

Perhaps both shows are just not funny. The difference being that Michael Schur went on to do better stuff, but Chuck Lorre will never, ever do that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm sure Chuck Lorre cries himself to sleep in a gigantic scrooge mcduck style money bin.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

I'm sure Chuck Lorre cries himself to sleep in a gigantic scrooge mcduck style money bin.

Honestly it's probably a swimming pool filled with whiskey and vomit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lelandjs posted:

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it but felt absolutely no desire to watch more of the show.

It's dull unless you get off on watching rich people boating around Europe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow Difficult People has been going off on Kevin Spacey for ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCvmZlC5jQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lelandjs posted:

And weed, based on the existence of Disjointed.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

What I wouldn't give for a pool full of whiskey, or gin, if I had a choice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

God I love that show so much.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo that first joke though. Time to go though every sitcom from the past five years trying to figure out who the next creep to be revealed will be.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Halfway through House of Cards S5 (again, thread locked, I'm just watching for completion at this point) and man, I'd forgotten until I picked it back up last week what a narcissistic, undeservedly self-assured twat Claire is. Frank's an rear end in a top hat, but holy poo poo, she's a step above. "I failed at being Ambassador and Secretary of State. I'm ready to be President now, thank you. And, sure enough, the delightful nepotism of the Underwoods somehow makes her acting POTUS.

This is another season where everything happens too conveniently for the Underwoods, too- the Jedi mind tricks over how the votes would count for the revote, for example.

zoux posted:

If you can get through the first episode, the reward is worth it- the whole cast blows it out of the water. I almost stopped watching it and decided to push forward.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 8, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Teachers picks back up tonight. Easily one of the funniest shows on TV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Teachers picks back up tonight. Easily one of the funniest shows on TV.

I had never heard of this show until about a week ago, and was curious whether it was "actually good" or just "we were able to make a funny trailer" good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

precision posted:

I had never heard of this show until about a week ago, and was curious whether it was "actually good" or just "we were able to make a funny trailer" good.

It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_vmp8dShA

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Always Sunny season 12 is up on Hulu now. The first 3 episodes are among the best they've ever done imo

e: I went in with really low expectations but drat The Wizards of Aus is really fun

precision fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 8, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish Good Janet was my gf.

e: changed my mind, I want my gf to be Stone Cold Steve Austin's head on Tahani's body

esperterra fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 8, 2017

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Popelmon posted:

Huh, finally made my way to season 2 of Killjoys. This show hits all the right buttons for me. Please tell me it's not going to get canceled anytime soon :ohdear:.

Edit: Oh I just googled it, two more seasons. Sounds good to me!

How are you watching it? Is it anywhere online? e: Legit, not asking for pirate sources.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

precision posted:

It’s really solid, and one of those shows that really doesn’t get the chatter it deserves.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How are you watching it? Is it anywhere online? e: Legit, not asking for pirate sources.

It's on the German version of Netflix. The different catalogues in different countries are super annoying.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/928303322922192896

:stare:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I was surprised but shouldn't have been. I went and told my wife, who loves celebrity gossip, and she told me it's been speculated that Sheen did that for a while. I'm apparently oblivious.

• Locked thread